Bridezillas

• Please log in to reply

5216 replies to this topic

EyreHead

EyreHead

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 7, 2013 @ 11:18 AM

Does anyone else call shenanigans on Evelina (the Polish bride with her beloved butt-ox)?

It just seemed strange to me that a couple who is obviously so obsessed with appearances as she and her fiance would have a wedding that appeared so thrown together at the last minute.

At least as the footage showed us:

- The "venue" was a friend's backyard.

- Maybe a dozen guests.

- Panda Express catering.  Really?

- The DJ "cancelled at the last minute."

- No hair and makeup artist booked until a convenient run-in the night before the wedding.

My family theorized that perhaps the couple was already married (hence her having what seemed to be a very nice dress) and just wanted the perks that came from being on the show.  In any case, it was weird all around.

Mybrainhurts

Mybrainhurts

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 7, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

Does anyone else call shenanigans on Evelina (the Polish bride with her beloved butt-ox)?

I don't think it's shenanigans but I do think that most of these idiot brides think that they are going to get paid in advance during the filming of the wedding.  It just seems like too many of them haven't paid for the important things like flowers, DJs and hair and makeup artists.  I really think that's why most of the brides are so pissed off by the end of the filming--they expected to have more money to pay for the wedding and didn't get it.

dirgeledig

dirgeledig

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2013 @ 8:57 PM

Or maybe the zillas think that other people are also famewhores and will want to donate their goods and services for the privilege of being on the show. 

I saw two episodes on demand yesterday. In one, a Survivor contestant called Roxy, who is supposedly in the army and in seminary school but was about the most unChristian person I can think of, was at the flower market with one of her wedding planners and was trying to get $20 bunches of flowers for $5. She ended up deciding that her bridesmaids would just have babies' breath and no flowers at all. So she could spend more on herself. I have no idea why she thought that flower vendors would be willing to take 75% pay cuts on their flowers. 

And in another one (or maybe the same episode, I have them mixed up in my head) a horrible woman named Ariane showed up at her florists' house and wanted to pay $500 for a bill that was over $700. That she KNEW was over $700. It seems like even the zillas that have jobs (and it seems like precious few of them do) don't know how to value other people's work at all. Her bridesmaids hadn't shown up; I bet they were already familiar with her tactics. 

For one of the few times I can remember, I felt sorry for a bridezilla. It was Ashley, the squirrel-totin' bride. There were people at the ceremony but only one tiny group at the reception. She had said earlier that they only had six RSVPs though they ended up ordering food for 50, I think. Why do people do that? I looked her up on Twitter and she said that in her area, people didn't want to be on TV. So maybe they thought there wouldn't be many cameras at the church and they'd just blow off the reception. But I still felt sorry for her. Even her brothers (I assume) didn't dress for her reception, and the few people who were there left right away. She didn't even get to dance with her dad. 

Ariane also had guest issues-- she had the wedding in a park, and a lot of people were dressed extremely casually (jeans, shorts, flip flops) and even though they dressed better at the reception, she still kicked some of them out. What in the world! 

This series can't end too soon. The brides are really getting loathsome. 

Edited by dirgeledig, Sep 7, 2013 @ 8:58 PM.

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2013 @ 11:06 PM

And in another one (or maybe the same episode, I have them mixed up in my head) a horrible woman named Ariane showed up at her florists' house and wanted to pay $500 for a bill that was over $700. That she KNEW was over $700.

But she had caaaash! Cash! Surely that was worth a $200+ discount? (WTF? I hope the florist showed up with $500 worth of flowers then. Or sued the shit out of her for the remainder.)

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2013 @ 1:36 AM

Ariane also had guest issues-- she had the wedding in a park, and a lot of people were dressed extremely casually (jeans, shorts, flip flops) and even though they dressed better at the reception, she still kicked some of them out. What in the world! 

That seemed very fishy to me. I was thinking maybe the church didn't allow cameras so they decided to recreate the wedding in the park. I just don't understand the guests dressing so casually. There weren't even any chairs, they were just standing around.

These recent brides are just clearly in it for the money or honeymoon or whatever. The staged scenes and scripted dialogue are way over the top. I understand why they're burning them off two at a time. And on Friday nights, no less.

ArticWolfRS

ArticWolfRS

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 8, 2013 @ 5:21 PM

I truly thought that Ashley (? the squirrel one - I thought she was Amanda) has a mental disability or something. She just seemed *really* off - especially her mannerisms and facial expressions. She reminded me of my cousin's three year old. Her entire story just made me incredibly uncomfortable. Despite that, I didn't feel sorry for her though, she seemed just as much of a spoiled brat as the rest of them. None of them understand the word "no" and quite frankly, I'm surprised more of these "women" don't wind up with less than 10 people showing up.

I kept thinking if I was the florist dealing with Ariane, I just wouldn't have shown up at all. I'd also have kept every single dime she *did* pay, and just claim breach of contract for not paying in full. And I'd have something to that effect in the contracts I'd have them all sign.

I'm getting tired of all the brides "deciding" that they don't want to be on camera anymore and ordering the camera crew out. Girls - you *intentionally* signed up for this. Get over it. I'm so glad this show is ending. 

VartanFan

VartanFan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 10:05 AM

Ugh - Roxy Roxy Roxy...you are emulating Kim Kardashian?  All the way down to the stupid forehead jewel headband.  You deserve what you get.

I"m with everyone who is sick of the 'no! no more filming!' nonsense.  You'd only have to tell them once that, if they stop filming, their episode never airs.  They'd shape up in a heartbeat!

zillabreeze

zillabreeze

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 5:29 PM

ArticWolfRS- I thought the same about squirrel girl.  Did you notice that they didn't show her brothers very clearly?  In the few glimpses I got of them, they looked like the boys from Deliverance, there were Down syndrome like features.

I've also noticed that in some of the "fights" the participants are often trying to stifle a smile.

Bean9879

Bean9879

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 3:24 PM

I've also noticed that in some of the "fights" the participants are often trying to stifle a smile.

I've noticed that the brides & grooms are all wearing wedding bands at events that supposedly are happening days before the wedding. I could give a pass if it were just the girls, but I don't know any men that had engagement rings. So they're either filming some of this footage after the wedding, or I wouldn't put it past some of these brides to hold a second wedding just to be on tv--which would explain why there are no guests and everything seems to happen in a field. 

ArticWolfRS

ArticWolfRS

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 2:38 AM

So, last Saturday, while I was icing my ankle down before I had to head to the store (I severely sprained it a couple of weeks ago) I decided to flip through the channels to see if there was something interesting to watch for 15-20 minutes before I headed out. On A&E, I saw a program called "The Marriage Test" that looked to be similar to Bridezillas:Marriage Boot Camp. I flip it over, wait for it to start and lo and behold who do I see? 

Jeanine and Thomas of Bridezillas infamy. The couple from last season who claimed they were annulling the marriage (or not filing the license or something) after a fight at the reception. I recorded the ep (as it was an hour and a half long) and I just now got to watch all of it.

It was much shorter than B:MBC, only a week, and it didn't do any of the ridiculous exercises that MBC did, however I found the other 3 couples to be even worse than Jeanine and Thomas. No one looked good after that show was over. They claimed to have been married for 9 months when they did "The Marriage Test" so obviously they didn't get it annulled, and all the hinting that they've been separated is BS.

To talk specifically about Jeanine, I will say that I started to understand her a bit more after watching it. After her Bridezillas episodes, I think I was alone in not thinking she was completely psychotic (I don't excuse her behavior in any way however), and that Thomas had a lot to be blamed for too (and his family even more). After this show, while I don't excuse her behavior, I get it - especially why she flipped out at her father not being at the reception. At one point, she said - regarding her childhood, talking about her mother - "all I wanted was for her to take me to a park or hold my hand." She lavished praise on her father for him making sure she understood he loved her. They did have one screaming argument (that was shown), and the "counselors" shut it down before Jeanine was about to bring something up that seemed to really bother her (the root of the argument, actually) and told them "you're both done now." She was insightful into herself, and acknowledged that she needed help with some things.

As for Thomas, I thought he came off the worse of the two. He came across as completely passive-aggressive, and refused to take responsibility for anything at all. All the counselors and fellow couples kept yammering on about his "man card" and that's all he talked about too - how she "took it from him." The only thing they kept on about was him getting his "man card" back. He refused to accept responsibility for TWO affairs he's had on her, and put the blame on her for "not trusting him." He seemed to think that simply because he hadn't slept with the women, that the affairs were emotional rather than physical, that she shouldn't care. Absolutely nothing about his family was brought up, althoug Jeanine tried at one point, and was promptly shot down (see above - the argument I was referencing). I think she got "your parents" in before they told her to stop. I would have loved more exploration into that, because from what I remember about their Bridezillas episode, his family despised her, and he just let them attack her all the time.

(As a note: Only *one* of the guys was even slightly taken to task on how he treated his wife. All the other basically got to slide. One called his wife a failure of a human being because she physically couldn't not produce breastmilk to breastfeed their child, because of a previous bout of cancer. Except for one comment by Jeanine, absolutely nothing was made of it. I was horrified. Seven days later and everything was supposedly happy-happy-shiny.)

At the update at the end, they said Jeanine and Thomas were expecting their 3rd child, planning a second wedding so her entire family could attend (meaning, her mom - they are trying to reconcile), and he had yet ANOTHER affair on her. I believe they also said they are in therapy together.

I just thought it was interesting to see them both in another reality show, and compare how they came across this time around. This show was definitely more depressing than B:MBC, I wasn't rooting for any of them to be honest, and the "counseling" was even more of a joke than on MBC. So where will we see graduates of Bridezillas next?! (No where I hope.)

ETA: WhitneyWhit it wasn't an absentee parent - she acknowledged her mother was there physically, but the mom didn't love her - at all. I found that heartbreaking because I've personally seen the damage that can do. It makes it incredibly difficult to have a healthy relationship with anyone even after tons of therapy. I honestly also think that the "threatening violence, and threatening to beat your spouse" was all put on for Bridezillas. For over the past 3 years, it seems that *every* bride has done it, or actually does hit their spouse-to-be. She never threatened him during this show and he never brought that up, so either she's gotten help, or it was entirely put on. Given the number of people on Bridezillas who have also "threatened" to beat everyone (or actually have thrown things, slapped people, etc) I'm inclined to think it was scripted into the show. YMMV.

Edited by ArticWolfRS, Sep 27, 2013 @ 4:00 PM.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 11:53 AM

I didn't see the series so I can't comment on everything, but I will say, I don't care what Jeanine had been through, threatening violence, and threating to beat your spouse is never understandable. Had the tables been turned, Thomas would be in jail and probably wouldn't be given a chance to tell some sob story. So she had an absentee parent, lots of people do, but they don't act like that. She had some serious anger issues and I'm terrified to think that she has kids.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2013 @ 9:38 AM

Delurking to talk about the Alesha/Brandon episodes. As if Alesha's being a selfish, emasculating, batshit crazy bitch weren't reasons enough for Brandon not to marry her,  between her  paranoia about Brandon and his ex, her invading Brandon's privacy, forcing him to serenade her, her tantrum about Brandon's not getting his paycheck, his mama and his best friend not liking her, her forgetting Brandon's wedding ring, the church being locked and her wedding gown ripping,  this couple is not only a divorce begging to happen (like almost every other couple on this show), it probably will happen much sooner than later.

Edited by DollEyes, Sep 28, 2013 @ 9:42 AM.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 7:08 PM

So tonight is the final episode ever of Bridezillas. I'm watching last week's episode and I just gotta ask, is this Willaura chick for real? Top socialite in Atlanta? Who talks like that? No legitimate socialite would ever refer to herself as such. And she apparently considers her wedding a celebrity wedding? Good lord!

MicksPicks

MicksPicks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 8:08 PM

Thanks!  I thought they were on tomorrow.  Just caught it.  West Coast here it is at 6 and at 9.  I'm kind of doing other stuff so may catch it at 9 instead but I didn't get the socialite/celebrity stuff.  Man they are hard up for socialites in Atlanta if that's what they've got to show off.

jennifersdc

jennifersdc

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

Also delurking (not that they're a lot of posts). I'm going to miss Bridezillas. I love watching people embarass themselves on national TV, and they never failed to disappoint. IMO Jeanine, Karen and Marsha maybe the world's most despicable people (and I watch Real Housewives of New Jersey - thanks Andy Cohen).

I also did want to post about Waylon and Juwan anyway (don't even remember the "bridezilla's" name). They were possibly the funniest men I ever saw on this show or on most reality TV (watched all seasons and re-runs unfortunately). Maybe Bridezilla's needed more American Indians (they mentioned they were the first ones) then the other stereotypes we generally get to see.

Godspeed Bridezillas...

I hate to insult other people's looks, but there was also this godawful homely girl, who kept saying how attractive she was and said she'd never work cause they'd be rich (and she's obviously lazy). Her to-be husband was in the military (not really the sure-fire way to riches). She got into it with the older, but much more attractive nail tech in the salon (homely actually called her ugly). Was she the one whose husband didn't have a plane ticket for her to come back to where he was stationed and/or had a bromance with his friend?

Edited by jennifersdc, Oct 11, 2013 @ 9:21 PM.

falconress

falconress

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 9:10 PM

Oh. My. Gawd. She's Janice! Laundmilla or whatever her name was, she's Janice! Chandler Bing's girlfriend Janice, with that voice! That laugh! Fast forward to the very final frames of the segment, and there's that same laugh! Like a donkey on steroids! 

Taking bets now on how long it will be before this Janice's husband pulls a Chandler and fakes running away to Yemen just to get away from Miss Crazypants.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

I hate to insult other people's looks, but there was also this godawful homely girl, who kept saying how attractive she was and said she'd never work cause they'd be rich (and she's obviously lazy). Her to-be husband was in the military (not really the sure-fire way to riches). She got into it with the older, but much more attractive nail tech in the salon (homely actually called her ugly). Was she the one whose husband didn't have a plane ticket for her to come back to where he was stationed and/or had a bromance with his friend?          

The one who got into a fight with a nail tech was Maria...or I'm sorry...Printhess Maria. Usually I would never make fun of someone with a lisp, but she insulted everyone, declared herself perfect, and insulted a fitness instructor when she herself had a spare tire and wonky eyes. I don't think her husband was in the military,

The one without the plane ticket, and a bromance with his fellow military buddy was Suzy. I still think there was more than a bromance going on between her fiancée and his friend.

As for tonight; someone should tell Willaura that socialites and celebrities don't have fake flowers at their wedding. I don't know what she needed more money for, her wedding had no centerpieces, the flowers were fake, and she was married at what looked like some type of rec center.

Meagan was largely forgettable, but sweetie, naming your dress Vera Wang, doesn't make it a Vera Wang.

jennifersdc

jennifersdc

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 9:20 PM

Fake flowers? Awesome. Real socialite stuff. I'm looking forward to it.

MicksPicks

MicksPicks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 11:27 PM

LOL at jenni's short and sweet post above.  Says so much in one line.

I've never understood why the grooms married these gals and why the bridal party doesn't just quit.  I would.  If I was Maid of Honor I'd be out of there so fast you wouldn't even see spin marks where I'd been.

I see they are advertising another Marriage Boot Camp.  It's hard for me to see the need for marriage remediation when the marriages should never have taken place to begin with.  Regarding the darlings who are an hour or two or three late for their own weddings, why in the world is the officiant still there?  For that matter, why would any pros do anything for the wedding unless the entire cost was paid up front before you'd done anything.  Do the planner, florist, and especially photographer expect to be paid after the job?  Good luck with that.

dirgeledig

dirgeledig

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 11:41 PM

That Willaura was one homely woman. I didn't understand the "socialite" stuff, either. Were those people really waiting to catch a glimpse of her at her bachelor party?

Edited by dirgeledig, Oct 11, 2013 @ 11:42 PM.

emilybemily

emilybemily

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 12, 2013 @ 8:18 AM

Someone needs to give willaura some food and a swift kick in the backside.

And who names their child willaura?

stretchess

stretchess

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2013 @ 10:14 AM

I was amused that "Willaura" is apparently pronounced "velour" --- the fabric of all Juicy Couture socialite suits ;)

As much as I thought she was awful, I did not appreciate the voiceovers making fun of her being so thin, when it's pretty clear to anyone with eyes that she is severely underweight, and not because of "genetics" or "luck." My guess is she's either dealing with anorexia or a medical condition, so I thought it was a bit uncouth, even for bridesmaids.

EyreHead

EyreHead

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 12, 2013 @ 11:33 AM

Definitely going to miss this show.  I'm hoping for a false alarm and that it will be brought back "due to popular demand."

I was glad, however, to see that there will be another season of Bootcamp.  Has there been any word about who the new couples will be?

Hoosier80

Hoosier80

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2013 @ 2:27 PM

I think that old episodes maybe in syndication already, as I happened across an old episode on a local CW station here this morning.   It was Dawn, who was getting her fiancee (Jeremy?) up early so he could go workout.  Her pictures had to be nice, and he wasn't up to her standards. She was not thin by any stretch of the imagination, and stood around making snide comments, all the while eating doughnuts and drinking coffee.  I believe this is also the chick who took her fiancee to etiquette lessons, which was rich since she has no manners whatsoever.  

Not sure if this is on a regular daily schedule or is more of a fill-in type of show.  This CW station has really wonky scheduling; some shows have a very random schedule.

interestedg

interestedg

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2013 @ 8:00 PM

Every time I watch this show, even on reruns, I keep waiting for a groom that either does not show up or says no at the alter. And tells the bride to be why. I have never known any bride to be that acted like these people do.

Astriferous

Astriferous

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2013 @ 8:31 PM

not show up or says no at the alter. And tells the bride to be why.

Much like how Judge Judy and similar court shows find the most absurd, ridiculous small claims cases and put them on TV, shows like Bridezillas find the most ridiculous, over-the-top, downright bitchy women to profile.  It's all about making good TV.  No one wants to see a bride calmly discussing flower arrangements and centerpieces.  They want to see someone stomping their feet, screaming at their mother, throwing shit at people, and generally acting like a toddler with a loaded diaper. 

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2013 @ 9:25 PM

I think that old episodes maybe in syndication already, as I happened across an old episode on a local CW station here this morning.

Yeah, they entered syndication in September but it's mainly episodes from the fifth, sixth and seventh seasons.