Bridezillas

• Please log in to reply

5216 replies to this topic

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 9:04 AM

What did the breakup at the reception mean legally in terms of marital status? Are they married if the papers hadn't been signed?

Janine's voice grated on my last nerve as much as Rochelle's generaly apathy about anything except herself.

AgingGoth

AgingGoth

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 9:15 AM

What did the breakup at the reception mean legally in terms of marital status? Are they married if the papers hadn't been signed?

It means nothing. They are legally married. They can only get an annulment or a divorce if the marriage was consumated which it was not. However, he may not be able to get custody of his son if he annuls, but if he divorces that is an option. I would love to seen an update on these two

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 9:20 AM

Thomas seemed like a nice enough young man, and I hope he finds a good lady in his future. However, considering he was willing to marry (and in fact, DID marry) such a hostile person who treated him terribly indicates to me that he may need to do some serious soul searching or get himself into therapy. Why would any normal person be so willing to go through what Janeen was putting him through? Is he a masochist? Or just young and naive? Or had he been willing to suffer Janeen for the sake of their child? UUUUUUUUUUUUUggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Edited for grammar and punctuation.

Edited by Kitty Bac, Jul 5, 2012 @ 9:21 AM.

AgingGoth

AgingGoth

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 9:28 AM

I just saw both Thomas and Jeanine's fb pages. Even though she has pics of her and Thomas together, she goes by her maiden name and says nothing about Thomas; just about Julien. Thomas also has a pic of them together but appears not to have used his fb at all. Are they together or not?.....

Why would any normal person be so willing to go through what Janeen was putting him through? Is he a masochist?

My daughter told me of her adventures in online dating when she came across a guy who was looking for a "ghetto" black girl to date and actually asked her if she would slap him if he said something wrong. it wasn't that he was scared but actually wanted her to yell at and slap him. When he realized she wasn't that type of person, he immediately lost interest. There appears to be some guys who just go for the agressive type of woman. Never could understand that.

Edited by AgingGoth, Jul 5, 2012 @ 9:29 AM.

NoWhammies

NoWhammies

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 9:55 AM

The closest I can come to guessing why Jeanine and Thomas actually made it to the altar is that one night stand led to anchor baby, and Thomas was doing "the right thing."

TwirlyGirly

TwirlyGirly

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

Regarding Jeanine and Thomas....I think there are guys who still have remnants of that "caveman" mentality, and are attracted to women like Jeanine (and other Bridezillas we've seen) because they see these women as women who they can try to "conquer" or "tame." There may also be a bit of "Well, she hates everyone but has chosen ME, so I must be pretty special" going on (which of course requires the guy completely ignore the fact that she's treating him just as badly as everyone else - which was quite apparent in Thomas' case).

They all need therapy - lots of it - IMO.

Edited by TwirlyGirly, Jul 5, 2012 @ 10:45 AM.

CPP83

CPP83

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

Then she isn't a woman, she's a soulless leech. A "woman", I use the term in this case very loosely, like Jeanine transcends race, age, location, etc, she is just human filth.

At this point I am always highly suspect of reality TV actually containing anything genuine, but if that many people are willing to put up with that sort of...person truly, it boggles my mind. It makes me wish it was all fake if only because you'd hope someone so hateful would be all alone living out of a box somewhere.

nygirl719

nygirl719

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

Rochelle was so funny in a really pathetic way I kept rolling my eyes the entire episode. It's just so clearly obvious that she has the maturity and mentality of a 10 year old and so does the boyfriend. He's only marrying her to get army benefits and she's only marrying him because she probably can't think of anything else to do with her life right now. So funny, really. You just know they're going to get divorced like immediately and she's going to be running back to Mommy!

I have no words for Jeanine really, but Thomas is a real moron, plain and simple! I can't feel bad for him, sorry! Anyone that reads their wedding vows to me and says I knew you were just a one night stand....enough said

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

It's just so clearly obvious that she has the maturity and mentality of a 10 year old and so does the boyfriend

One prop I will give the BF and I only caught a small bit of their segment, he went out of his way to make a really nice brunch for her girlfriends and cleaned up afterward. He asked her to cut up the strawberries before the guests arrived and she made some remark like those bitches can cut up their own fruit. He should have taken a clue from that.

mk26

mk26

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

fyi y'all.. Dutch is exceptionally difficult to learn. Lived in Holland 2 years and can barely say hello or goodbye. It does have some germanic roots, but also some greek, russian, and scandanavian. English study is mandatory at Dutch schools. Most people in the Netherlands speak english perfectly.

Setlist

Setlist

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

I spent way too much time on Jeanine's facebook pages (personal, and the one she set up for the show) and I'm under the impression that her and Thomas are still together. She mentioned somewhere that she has two sons - one with Thomas, and one without (but who sees Thomas as a father) and it looks like they started dating in 2009. She stated somewhere that it's tough to separate based on this bond, which I somewhat respect - but!

I have a feeling she's in this for the reality fame. The fact that she set up a facebook fan page right before the episodes aired, alone. I have a feeling she is a terrible person, but probably played it up a bit for the camera. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she set up the "leaving after the ceremony" bit to assure she'd get the post-show attention she's getting. Bridezillas has had a numerous amount of seasons, and the participants sign up willingly - they know by now what kind of attitude it'll take to get more than 2 episodes. It seems like she's proud of how the shows went, which means that either Thomas was blissfully aware of the eventual aftermath, or that he truly, truly can't comprehend how toxic the whole situation is.

Shugardrawers

Shugardrawers

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 8, 2012 @ 12:16 AM

It means nothing. They are legally married. They can only get an annulment or a divorce if the marriage was consumated which it was not. However, he may not be able to get custody of his son if he annuls, but if he divorces that is an option. I would love to seen an update on these two

Actually that's not quite true. Although vows were said and EVEN if they had signed the marriage certificate, it's only a legal marriage once the paperwork is filed with the courthouse by the officiant. If they were truly serious about not wanting the marriage, the officiant could have torn up the paperwork and it would only have been a bad memory. Once the paperwork is filed post wedding it's too late.

How do I know this? The judge that married my ex-hole and I died 3 days later not having filed the paperwork. We got a call from his office informing us of the delay in filing and they told us about the legal implications. I should have told them to shred it then!

ETA: At least in the state of Washington in 1988 this was true.

Edited by Shugardrawers, Jul 8, 2012 @ 12:18 AM.

oldandbrown

oldandbrown

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 7:49 AM

However, he may not be able to get custody of his son if he annuls

Thomas had a son outside of marriage, therefore, he is not the child's legal father. Having married the mother or not at this time does not affect his paternity. Thomas has to establish paternity in Family Court. At the time of his establishing paternity he can ask for custody.

It does not matter what name the child carries or whether the father signed the birth certificate and or a Recognition of Parentage.

WerWerWer

WerWerWer

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 8:03 AM

Well, in case there was any question but that Rochelle and Nathan's relationship was all about sex...eeewwww! Someone pass the brain bleach!

I'm kind of morbidly fascinated by Rochelle's mother. On the one hand, she exhibits at least some awareness that her daughter's behavior in the world is monstrous. On the other, there was Rochelle's TH where she said that her mother always gives in to her once she does enough pouting/whining. I'm dying to know what the mother's candid view of her little beast-Zilla really is at this point, and how she feels about having raised such an abomination. That girl adds zero value to humanity, and probably detracts some.

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 10:35 AM

Looked to me like her mom gets off on the whole thing, in a weird way. She is "saying" the right things, and seems to know it's what her daughter needs to be told, but then she starts giggling and laughing along with her. She seems to want to be Rochelle's "friend" more than anything else. And I don't understand that, either, considering how Rochelle treats her friends. Rochelle's lazy-teenaged-whining speech pattern bothered me almost as much as Janeen's constant yelling. "getoverit."

Mellieb

Mellieb

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

I think her mom was just giddy with the thought of getting rid of her and making her someone else's problem.

colt13

colt13

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

Well, in case there was any question but that Rochelle and Nathan's relationship was all about sex...eeewwww! Someone pass the brain bleach!

Well, what else does she have to offer? I don't think I have ever seen someone so immature. This won't last because as others have mentioned, she will move 1500-2000 miles away from mommy, and Nathan is going to have to deal with all the problems. And he doesn't seem to have patience with her now, and this is the honeymoon stage.

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

Ding ding ding! We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen! However, when this blows up in Rochelle's whiny face (because let's be real - she would be miserable anywhere without parents to cater to her every whim, but especially in Alaska) she'll be back.

kccody

kccody

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 3:30 PM

However, when this blows up in Rochelle's whiny face (because let's be real - she would be miserable anywhere without parents to cater to her every whim, but especially in Alaska) she'll be back.

Yep, I agree. I know a lot of 18 year old girls and many are quite immature (that's ok, they are 18), but Rochelle is exceptionally selfish and immature. Hoping for an update in a few months, we need an over-under, I say it won't last 6 months. But- just to say something positive- she did have good hair.

orangeslice

orangeslice

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

I guess I've finally seen everything with this show. I'm amazed that someone would brazenly advertise that they would be willing to pay for a wedding cake with food stamps. Wow,just Wow.

renatae

renatae

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2012 @ 1:10 AM

This was the first time in a long time I enjoyed this show. Ashanti was funny. So obviously imitating junk from prior Bridezillas, I found her more amusing than irritating. I laughed out loud when she was whining about having no one to help her select shoes ---- because --- they were all at the rehearsal! Brilliant comeuppance! Love her uncle and thought it was hilarious that her bridesmaids showed some spine at least some of the time. Refreshing change from having to watch hosers like Jeanine, who, by the way, I am hopefully suspecting is lying about still being with Thomas.

It sure was surprising that someone admitted to wanting to pay for her cake with food stamps, but not as bad as people who've said they weren't going to pay at all, or who admitted to various other felonies in the course of the show. The mother-in-law batterer from Wisconsin comes to mind - didn't she cause an accident and lie right on camera?

Edited by renatae, Jul 16, 2012 @ 1:16 AM.

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2012 @ 1:25 AM

I know people do it all the time, but it's illegal to sell/trade food stamps so my jaw dropped when she said that. I think that whole scene was a act, though. The other girl couldn't even keep a straight face. And how did he know they were talking about food stamps if she was in the bathroom?

The pole dancing class was funny and that's some of the lightheartedness that has been missing from the show.

AuntTora

AuntTora

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 16, 2012 @ 9:18 AM

Well, my Tivo cut out before the very end, so I don't know what happened after Ashanti left the reception, but I'm pretty confident that the most heinous thing on the whole program was her DRESS.

kccody

kccody

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2012 @ 2:24 PM

Well, my Tivo cut out before the very end, so I don't know what happened after Ashanti left the reception, but I'm pretty confident that the most heinous thing on the whole program was her DRESS.

Ok, I only saw Ashanti the last 5 minutes. Was her dress a Pnini aka a Stripper Fairy dress, or are other dress makers making that hideous see-through trashy bodice?

renatae

renatae

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2012 @ 2:51 AM

Unfortunately, it is not fake. Jeannine did a blog on the episode and is very much still dilusional regarding her behavior.
Bridzilla Jeannine
She still blames Thomas and his family for badmouthing her even though she had to admit that Thomas' mother was the only one who helped her during the time she needed a mother figure and had stopped talking to her own mother. She also had to admit that his aunt was there for her as well. She claims she still loves Thomas but he will not answer her calls or emails (and I don't blaim him).

Did anyone else hear what she said to Thomas when she left him on the street. She actually said "you can have your f"""in son. which showed just how much she cared about her son. I also have a huge problem with her vows. She actually thought if was OK to say what she did in a church in from ot the preacher.

I was praying for Thomas to say NO!!! when asked if he takes this woman....

You and me, both! Those vows were horrendous; a disgraceful way to behave before God, her fiance and reasonable humans.. Laughing through the scripture about the way true love behaves, and talking about one night stands. What effrontery.

I think her whole problem is summed up in her own words on her Bridezilla page -

I don’t have traits that make me a Bridezilla; people have traits that force me into ‘Zilla moments. I am a very clear person. I set expectations for everybody I encounter and I expect to get more than I pay for...

She sees people only as objects to act as satellites around her, fulfilling her demands, otherwise, as an equally unpleasant "friend" I used to have would say, "I have no use for them." She thinks she is not being treated as she deserves to be, and she's right. She deserves for people to treat her the way she treats them, and wind up completely alone.

I can't believe any professor ever said to her that she has great insight. Ha! She has no insight into herself whatsoever!

Mystery

Mystery

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

I probably shouldn't have watched this today. After hearing, the last few days, about the young lives lost in Colorado, and the horrifically injured young people (a family member works at that Red Robin restaurant and has been at the hospital almost nonstop) I just wasn't in the mood for these spoiled entitled bitches. It's not their fault that the scheduling put their episodes this week. But they seemed especially loathsome. Brittany, destroying flowers and crystal that she hadn't even paid for, because the flowers were the wrong color, made the zilla who tried to take the cane from her bridesmaid look decent by comparison. That's messed up.

I think I'm done with this show. I boycotted the second and third Jeanine episodes, because the first was so awful, and I didn't miss watching the show at all. It doesn't entertain me any more.

Hoosier80

Hoosier80

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

A co-worker watches this show and we were discussing the latest zillas. Janine was, of course, at the top of the list. Most of the zillas are delusional, thinking they're deserving of royal weddings with everything given to them, along with the fact that they think they're the best, smartest, and most beeeeutiful creatures that ever walked upon the earth. Janine has some sort of mental disorder. Her dead eyes when Thomas finally told her off and the dead eyes when she discussed that they had life insurance policies (if he didn't marry her.......).

Rochelle will most likely sleep with other men while Nathan is deployed or unavailable. She showed that her way getting what she wanted with Nathan was thru sex. When he kicks her to the curb (or vice versa), she'll just latch herself onto another man.

That Pnina stripper dress is just nasty. I can't believe she went over budget for that dress. Then she fussed on and on and left the reception early.

Liza had her makeup artist (and I use that term very loosely) turn the makeup gun to whore, 1970's version. That was a massive amount of blue eye shadow. Brittany, you are a rude and delusional bitch. You have a VIP section in your teeny apartment? Then because someone accidentally spilled a drink, the party is over, and you treat your guests like shit. The older women who were making the bouquets and flower arrangments, I cannot believe they did not just leave. Was she really serious about calling 911 because she didn't know the friend of the woman (and she said she was also helping) doing her flowers? That woman looked to be elderly. Honey, you're not beautiful, so you'd better not be at your wedding.

AuntTora

AuntTora

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 1:02 AM

"I guess I shoulda worn...a bra." Truer words never spoken.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 8:24 AM

Lisa looked really familiar to me. Has she done another reality show? Her sister, as well.

Her make-up with the false eyelashes and the heavy foundation and especially the rhinestones turned a pretty girl into a 45-year-old drag queen. I hope she watches this footage and takes note.

Edited by Hamhock96, Jul 23, 2012 @ 8:43 AM.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

This is going to sound cold and heartless of me - but I am doubting Lisa's bridesmaid needed the cane. I don't know why, maybe it was the smirk to the camera as Lisa was trying to take the cane away. Anyways, i'm thinking she was on workers comp or something and told the all before hand she was going to walk with the cane so she could be on camera. It just seemed weird. There was no limp - it reminds me of the time I saw an 50ish year old lady RUN to catch the bus, all the while holding her can like a baton. Weird.

I missed the bra comment? Was it Lisa at the end - We never fails to screw up the timing of it's shows so i always miss the 'next time on Bridezilla' moments.