Shopping Channel Shows

• Please log in to reply

65197 replies to this topic

BabyJade

BabyJade

Posted Jul 20, 2004 @ 1:09 AM

Thanks BabyJade. I'll check it out at work where I have a much better monitor. I have the problem that I often can't find neutral-toned (not peach or pinkish) foundations that are light enough. The Fair (1) BE is the closest I've come. I can't tell on my home monitor how light her "light" shades are. The prices seem about the same, and she's gotten some glowing reviews on her site.

Definitely email her with a consult, she'll totally lend a helping hand! :) Shoot, she'll even custom blend for you, that is what she did when I was having trouble before.

By the way, in September there is another Bare Escentuals show coming up. If I hear more I'll post (QVC).

msgerstein

msgerstein

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 21, 2004 @ 7:51 PM

It's pathetic how happy I was to find this forum! I've been shopping with QVC for 15 or 16 years and generally keep QVC, The Weather Channel or HGTV turned on whenever I'm home. I've bought all kinds of stuff from QVC -- silver and gold jewelry, clothes, home goods, you name it -- and I've almost always been very happy with the products. On the rare occasions when I'm not, I just mail the item back to them and get a refund. I don't watch HSN because the production values just aren't as good and it always looks so sleazy to me.

TinkyWinkyBinky

TinkyWinkyBinky

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2004 @ 11:27 AM

I am so glad this is here! Starting when we got cable on my rural road, which was in 1998, my mother and I would put QVC and HSN on as 'background noise' (horrible I know). We didn't buy that often, but always watched.

HSN is low-rent. I bought a necklace from there once from a gothic-inspired precious gemstone line that was not cheap, but promptly fell apart. I fixed it myself rather than pay the S&H to send it back.

WTF is up with Suzanne Somers? She must be rolling in the dough. She even sells her own crockpots (of course hers is shaped differently and called a 'slow-cooker' to try and fool people that it's SOOO different than what you can find in your local Wal-Mart). I've noticed that when she is photographed in public, she is not wearing any of her crap-tastic jewelry that she raves about...hmmmm...
Although I do enjoy her dynamic with Colleen. It's a fun concept, getting drunk with your best girlfriend and trying to sell merchandise.

Shannon has some sort of a speech impediment which I cannot properly explain. It's like she's trying to over-enunciate the letter 'L'.

Onto QVC!!!

I have been happy with everything I have bought from there (admittedly, not a lot). I've bought jewelry, Smashbox makeup, and Space Bags. The bags did not work well, but I've long ago thrown out the receipt so probably can't return them.

Love David Venables and the cross-eyed food-gasms during the gourmet shows.

Krista Pitts looks like she smells. She doesn't seem really genuine.

Love Patti Reilly and her huge thighs (that's not a slam, I have them too). She seems like such a sweetie.

Mary Beth Roe is too good to be true. I think she's a Mommie Dearest in disguise. One time, she flipped out on the prop people because a mixer was on the graphic, but they didn't bring out any of the attachments. She was all, 'You'd think they'd show the attachments' all snotty. Wonder if said prop person lost their job.
Also, I always wonder, what if she is working a show, and one of her kids breaks a leg or something? Could she never be called away?

Lisa Richardson seems like she is really, really lonely. I can't put my finger on why...once during a Northern Nights show, she started going on about how she couldn't sleep at night and just sounded really unhappy. She should leave the nose-contouring makeup though. It looks too obvious and she clearly doesn't need it.

Leah Williams used to try too hard, but she has since grown on me.

Bob Bowersox seems like a big pansy. And Bob Warden sells Cooks Essentials so well, they really don't even need Bob B.

Doesn't surprise me that Kenneth Jay Lane is an alcoholic. He's always slurring his words and seems out of it. I assumed he'd had a stroke.

LOVE also the crazy German guy in the apron...Koos of Course!

Okay, gotta stop now....

spendthrift

spendthrift

Posted Jul 22, 2004 @ 1:57 PM

I'm a QVC devotee, but very poor. Have been watching for over ten years. I have bought EVERYTHING, from my Electrolux vacuum to paperplate holders, clothes, underwear, bathingsuits, annodized pots and pans (love them), you name it. Very seldom have returned anything and they have always been gracious. Once my daughter and I each got an order of the NutriSystem products. I immediately took each item, figured out the WeightWatchers points on them and wrote them on the package. We both tried the product for a week, and hated it so returend the unused portions, mine with the writing on. The return shipping was just incredibly high, by the way. Anyway, they gave me a full refund, which I was very relieved about. Actually, I have very very seldom bought jewelry. I'm large and can't always judge the size of the item on those midget models. One or two good pieces of jewelry is enough for me.
I'm am VERY curious why so many QVC hosts disappeared at once. I noticed that they were getting quite a few new faces, but couldn't understand why. Clean sweep??? Any word on that?
When I first started watching, like many others, I wasn't crazy about Lisa Mason. But the more I saw her and caught on to her very subtle, tongue-in-cheek humor. Now she's become one of my absolute all-time favorites. Believe me, she's one brilliant, very clever woman.
Lisa Robertson is not only beautiful, but she's a hoot, too. I get tired of the callers telling her how beautiful, charming, etc., she is. I agree, but by now I'm sure she knows it. Such gaggy calls.
I have also watched HSN over the years but don't like their expensive mailing charges. Once I bought four items at $13.95 each and they shipped them all to me in one box but charged individual shipping for each one. Boy, did they hear from me. I find their clothes to be generally cheap, poor quality. Sometimes they'll hook up with a decent designer for a short time and offer better quality.
About two weeks ago I got a survey questionnaire sponsored by HSN but through a private company. It started out pretty general but gradually moved toward a clear HSN vs. QVC. I was pretty candid: substandard items, tackey hosts, way-too-long presentations, high mailing fees, etc. I like their food items, though.
That Suzanne Sommers is very tiresome. Just can't take her seriously and I think her stuff is pretty crappy. Imagine her holding herself out as an expert on hormone replacement! Next she'll be opening up a phamaceutical company and naming herself president. From jewelry design to science. I don't think so.
What happened to Connie Stevens and her beauty line? I always got such a kick out of how she kept her hair hanging in her face so no one could actually see her age lines. Just her eyes and sweet voice.
Adrienne, if she was a horse they would have shot her a long time ago. Very tiresome watching her spackle those line and pores, primer those flaws, plaster the surface then paint and call it good. Oh my god! She did actually have to counters in fine department stores. They were wonderful. Had a room in back where they would do makeovers as you laid down. More realistic results.
Serius Skin Care is the absolute best line I have every tried. I have tried everything, both networks, department stores, etc. and have stopped shopping around. Just love it.
This is fun!! spendthrift

starwannabe

starwannabe

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2004 @ 2:39 PM

Does anyone else other than me find it pretty ironic that the two plastic surgery queens, Victoria Principal and Joan Rivers, each have their own beauty/skin care lines? And I wonder if anyone is gullible enough to think that those two look the way they do because they use their products? Just wondering.

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2004 @ 2:55 PM

Does anyone else other than me find it pretty ironic that the two plastic surgery queens, Victoria Principal and Joan Rivers, each have their own beauty/skin care lines?

I think it's hilarious, but Joan's more tolerable in that contest. At least she makes no bones about her surgeries. VP, on the other hand, I think is still insisting she hasn't had anything done, and that it is her splendiferous products that make the difference. Woman, please. I'm not blind, and I watch Dallas every evening at 6 on Soapnet. I can compare and contrast with the best of them.

And even though HSN seems lower-rent than QVC now, it has come light-years since I first started watching it. I have noticed some celebs, like Richard Simmons and Tony Little, who were on HSN, then bailed for QVC, are now back at HSN. I think they have contracts, and if either the vendor/celeb or network doesn't feel it's bringing in as many bucks as it could, they just don't renew. And Kathy Levine came to HSN after leaving QVC and her mandated non-compete period.

jazmyne

jazmyne

Stalker

Posted Jul 22, 2004 @ 5:43 PM

My mom used to be a huge QVC devotee. She kept it on whenever she was in her bedroom, and she kept a notebook on her nightstand to jot down the item numbers of things she liked. She has a ton of QVC jewelry- especially pieces in pink ice and raspberry ice. I admit, I've got a lot of QVC stuff too- it's so nice to find good quality silver at good prices. Now, I don't think my mom buys as much from them, although she still tunes in for various shows. I don't know what she watches now, but it used to be that if there was going to be a segment of Boyd's Bears or Marie Osmond Dolls, my mom would schedule herself time to watch them, just because she loves the presenters so much.

I loved both Kathy Levine's book and Mary Beth Roe's cookbook. Honestly, I've never made anything from her cookbook ("My Family's Favorites") that my husband hasn't absolutely loved.

glstx

glstx

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2004 @ 12:40 PM

Is Bob drunk this morning (Christmas in July show)? He is totally acting spacey. I've never seen him act so strange. And does anyone know what the deal is with his daughter? Every time LockNLock lady is on, he mentions his daughter can't use her left hand, but I don't know what the deal is there.

Sonneteer

Sonneteer

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 28, 2004 @ 8:39 AM

Perhaps someone else will have the answers to What About Bob?

I've been a QVC customer for about five years though I manage to restrain my spending or else I'd be broke. Generally speaking, I'm happiest with the clothing items I've bought, mostly from Denim & Co. I'd be buying much more clothing if only their skirts and pants weren't so long. 35 inch skirts! I'd look like a kid wearing mommy's clothes in a skirt of that length, and I'm no shrimp, I'm 5'5". In pants, the 29 inch inseam works best for me and only a few items use that. It's pathetic how unresponsive QVC is to customer complaints about this. On air, you hear petite women praising the capri length pants because, for them, the pants are full-length! Over on HSN, Maggie Sweet often includes petite lengths in many styles (though Kiviat must have the easiest job in the world. His lines all feature the same cuts and styles; only the color/print/fabric changes.)

I've bought some real clinkers on QVC. Those suction hooks just keep popping off the wall, they're junk. I absolutely hate my Eureka upright vacuum; it's cumbersome, it constantly tips over, it takes three different kinds of filters, it's a real bore. I bought that burst-of-air drain de-clogger and it only made things worse, and would you believe: you actually have to support the under-sink pipe with something, otherwise your pipes might crack open! In my bathroom, it's impossible to do that: no room. I bought the smoothie maker; the spigot fell off and I can't figure out how to reinsert it. Bad design.

Has Dr. Shari Lieberman disappeared? I have a feeling her products were suspect in some way.

I don't usually buy cosmetics from QVC because I'm resistent to shipping and handling charges on such small items. Too bad they don't offer large kits with giveaways, a la Serious Skin Care on HSN.

I'd be interested in anyone's feedback on the facial trimmer, the Genie line smoother and the facial exerciser.

Thanks, all, for the info about Judy Crowell, who I always considered the most articulate of all the hosts. I missed her farewell and wondered what had happened. Seems to me QVC missed a real opportunity in not keeping both Paul Deasy and Judy aboard. They'd have made a great team for the Morning Show, and I sure wouldn't miss looking at Pat J-D's destroyed face (those collagened lips, ugh) or listening to her partner's dorky manner of speaking.

Surprised to hear negativity about LIsa Mason. I think she's kooky and interesting and I love her voice. I do wish she'd stop calling people "dear" though; it's patronizing.

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2004 @ 9:21 AM

Has Dr. Shari Lieberman disappeared? I have a feeling her products were suspect in some way.

Ah, Shari Lieberman. I haven't seen her in forever. She used to be on HSN too, back when it was HSC. I used to get her (I think it was hers, she promoted the product, but it wasn't called by her name) ginseng/royal jelly liquid, that you would mix with tea. It wasn't too bad, and I think ginseng works fairly well to help me wake up in the morning.

Didn't Paul Deasy used to be with HSN too?

I feel your pain with the inseams, Sonneteer. I have the same problem, and I'm only 5'3". I even need longer than 29", but if I buy regular, the rise is too high. I've only ever bought a couple of items of clothing from tv because of this, and they were both dresses.

I buy the Serious Skin Care kits on HSN too, but now I have so many of their bags (not the big ones, but the smaller size ones) that it's not even funny. The kits used to be quite a bit cheaper than they are now, and I have such a stockpile of their products it's insane. I have bought some individual cosmetics from QVC, because their shipping charges on the smaller items are slightly less than on HSN, and if you buy more than one item, it is reduced on the others (from the same line, at least.) I have gotten a few Bare Escentuals kits, which helps save on shipping.

I would like to try some of the cooking gadgets-they make them look like such fun. I think I especially want the Magic Knife, but I always come to the realization that it would be a waste, since a) I have no storage space in my tiny kitchen, and b) I don't really do elaborate cooking.

TinkyWinkyBinky

TinkyWinkyBinky

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 29, 2004 @ 6:57 AM

Dr. Shari Lieberman had the 'For Women Only' line, did she not? From what I remember, some claims made about her supplements were false and QVC had to pay lots of money in fines to TPTB, and I think that's why she's not on anymore.

I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas in July weekend, and if not for being broke, I would have ordered many items, which I still might go back and order. The pause was nice though, whereas before I'd have just called in on impulse.

I saw the new Jessica Simpson Dessert lipglosses last night and think I might order. They are $17 each though. I'm still undecided.

Ingresgumball

Ingresgumball

Posted Jul 30, 2004 @ 3:25 AM

Okay, the thing about Lisa Robertson I love is that she is willing to be a little snarkier than others (who take about as many risks as a first lady), but the thing I HATE - besides her eyebrows - is how she absolutely cannot keep her eyes off her own image in the monitor. She is forever checking out and touching her hair. Yuck!

The absolute QUEEN of HSN is red haired plus-size Kelly Repassy. She is stunning and spontaneous and can go on longer about the history of any product than all of them put together. She has a great genuine -[seeming] laugh. Unlike that phony Shannon Smith.

I have a kerjillion Huggable Hangers from HSN, and some really inexpensive Egyptian cotton sheets. I really miss the customer product reviews they had before they revamped the website. It was fun to see the endless rants against Joy Magnanos crappy jewelry roll. But everyone loved the hangers!

I find QVC's clothing way expensive! In general, TV clothing in hideous, but there are some oddball pieces on HSN that get marked 80% off because of course, they are not something most folks watching shopping HSN would ever wear. I'm talking about a silk Diane Von Furstenburg 40s-style jacket and some weird asymetrical tops. How about a velvet and silk charmeuse reversible kimono jacket for 12 dollars, free shipping?

But on QVC? I love Smashbox, though I only get the Today's Specials. And I love/hate watching Holly Mordino. I think I got some Birkies there, too. And there is one woman (a former soap star?) who has the greatest wardrobe.....?

I want to know what exactly it is about Adrienne that is so weird - it is something to do with the way she peeks out from under her bangs, and parts of her face never ever move.

Edited by Ingresgumball, Jul 30, 2004 @ 3:28 AM.

TinkyWinkyBinky

TinkyWinkyBinky

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 30, 2004 @ 10:24 AM

Joy Mangano! I love how she is probably a millionaire, and still looks like she just walked off the boardwalk at Seaside Heights in 1989.

That compactor trash can she had on once looked gross....like why would you want to keep garbage in your house for more than one day?

But, the all-in-one tote she had did look really convenient being that I'm a working mom, but the print looked really hideous...why not just make it basic black? My initial aren't JM, why would I want that all over my bag?

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2004 @ 11:10 AM

I really miss the customer product reviews they had before they revamped the website.

Oh me too. I just loved reading the crappy reviews of stuff. It really helped me make better decisions on what to buy, and when they first changed I filled out a survey saying I really missed it and wanted it back. I hate the new site-it regularly crashed my computer for the first month or so of its existence.

In general, TV clothing in hideous, but there are some oddball pieces on HSN that get marked 80% off because of course, they are not something most folks watching shopping HSN would ever wear.

Other than the Quacker Factory lady on QVC, the worst is Diane Gilman, with her bizarre colors, strange sequined prints, and giant helmet-head. I might try CitiKnits one day-they look like simple wardrober-type pieces that you can use accessories with to keep current. I will have to check out Kelly Repassy.

I want to know what exactly it is about Adrienne that is so weird - it is something to do with the way she peeks out from under her bangs, and parts of her face never ever move.

It's that, plus the fact that her lips, especially her bottom one, are GIANT. And she wears way too much mascara, instead of just using reasonably sized false eyelashes. I realize then she couldn't tout her "lash building" fiber encrusted mascara products with her very own before-and-afters, but they look like ass on people anyway. Four lone thick spiky lashes. Poor models. I saw one of her new products the other night--clear mascara with a "glow." And I swear she's been on every single damn day this month.

Ingresgumball

Ingresgumball

Posted Jul 30, 2004 @ 2:15 PM

Yes, Diane Giman is bad, But what about uber-manic Anthony! I feel sorry for hosts that have to keep up with him. And he had his own Anthony doll!

Speaking of awful, what could be worse than this horror?

Koos is fun in his apron, but there is one guy who is the epitome of bored/jaded Manhattanite that I love to watch sell clothes he wouldn't dress his dog in. Jeepers, who is that I am thinking of....

Terry Lewis's stuff has tempted me, especially her suedes.

Isn't it great when once in a while some piece of the stage falls over and you hear the crash in the background? Oh and last month one of the hosts was having a series of hot flashes, and kept fanning herself.... saying (in all seriousness) "Whew! These values are so exciting!", over and over again.

Edited by Ingresgumball, Jul 30, 2004 @ 2:20 PM.

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2004 @ 2:56 PM

Koos is fun in his apron, but there is one guy who is the epitome of bored/jaded Manhattanite that I love to watch sell clothes he wouldn't dress his dog in. Jeepers, who is that I am thinking of....

QVC or HSN? Daniel Kiviat? Dennis Basso? Bob Mackie has even had stuff on QVC. I can't really remember any other clothes people's names, since I don't really watch the clothes shows.

I remember when Terry Lewis was a host. I like the look of her clothes, but they are a bit expensive for me, and I suspect they only look good on thin people.

The link? EEEEEEEEEK!

callie44

callie44

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2004 @ 3:19 PM

Am I the only one? When ever I hear Daniel Kiviat speak, he sounds EXACTLY like that host of "Win Ben Steins Money" that was on Comedy Central...he shows up all over the place and the voices are interchangable.
When ever I see that hostess "Bobbie Ray Carter" on HSN I think of a leather glove with eyes!! All she wants to talk about is the VALUE of said products. She is always interupting to talk about the VALUE. I don't spend a lot of time watching these channels, but every time they have somebody hawking some beauty product, Bobbie is chiming in about how thats her favorite product and she uses it everyday. She could not possibly use all the lines they carry every day....it is not humanly possible. Who are they trying to kid?!
Fans of Anthony are the same fans that like Richard Simmons. (Not that there's anything wrong with it). Again, who is buying his stuff? Somebody must, or they would not carry his clothes anymore.
Don't get me started on Adrienne. When she does those makeovers, it is a hoot! She can not brush lipstick on in a non-wavy line to save her soul. At least now, she is whipping out the Q-Tip to fix it. She used to just "throw it on" and it was really a riot!

Ingresgumball

Ingresgumball

Posted Jul 30, 2004 @ 11:27 PM

Yes! Daniel Kaviat!

I swear one day I will call in at 3 in the morning, and after telling him that I have soooooo many of pieces, and that I have just ordered everything they have shown tonight, and how, since I have not left the house in twelve years, because of my medical problems, he is my sunshine. Then I will say how much I love the host and bless them both, and then I will ask if he is married, and then say, "Really? Why, I have a nice son for you", and see what he says.

Oh, one time I heard them punning around/mock razzing each other during a blender segment with fruit shakes, and at one point one a host said said "Oh, I'll bet, 'ya big fruit!" to their gay male co-host (no the "married" one, the blonde? And they both did like a spit take and blushed through their make-up. I wonder how many decades it will be before there is an "out" host. Or even guest. That is, has anyone ever, ever referred to their life or partner in an honest way? It seems there is a huge rural Christian customer base.

Joy Mangano!  I love how she is probably a millionaire, and still looks like she just walked off the boardwalk at Seaside Heights in 1989.

That's funny.

Edited by Ingresgumball, Aug 3, 2004 @ 5:54 AM.

gnabna77

gnabna77

Posted Aug 2, 2004 @ 9:59 AM

TinkyWinky Binky.....YOU CRACK ME UP!

Sonneteer

Sonneteer

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 3, 2004 @ 6:51 AM

Everybody's cracking me up! Adrienne's most bizarre trait is her horrible speaking voice. When she modulates it (and I'm sure she's been told to do that), it's ok, but she just can't rein it in. Before you know it, she's SHOUTING at you. A tacky common person, she. No breeding and no aspirations in that direction. Facial surgery is obvious as well. She really ought to consider using prettier women as models and, as everyone agrees, going lighter on the applications. She lays everything on with a trowel. Still, her kits can be tempting. I finally called in for one and it was on back order, despite the fact that they were still selling it aggressively three days later! HSN strikes me as very badly managed.

For my money, Callie Northagen is the finest host on HSN and really ought to move to QVC where she'd better utilized.

msgerstein

msgerstein

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 3, 2004 @ 9:46 AM

I've gotten two outfits from citiknits from QVC and am expecting another one to be delivered today or tomorrow. I really love them! I have a lot of the Travelers pieces from Chico's, but they cost twice as much as citiknits, so I was thrilled to find an alternative.

gnabna77

gnabna77

Posted Aug 3, 2004 @ 12:45 PM

Is anyone else sick of HSN. With their crap and the show the same shit over and over. They are so unorganized over there. They show their "Value of the Day" all day long. Don't they have anything else to sell? Whatever show they are doing, they mix clothes with food and computers with knives. It's annoying. And whatever happened to the infamous Kathy Levine?

spendthrift

spendthrift

Posted Aug 3, 2004 @ 2:59 PM

Not surprised that Kathy Levine is no longer on HSN. At least I haven't seen her in a long time. Her clothes were just crazy. Trying to be classy and unique, but looking like they had crooked hems, stretched on the bias. So dumb. Things hanging on them. Did you see the one she called the Car Wash? It had fabric tabs hanging down all over, like they have in car washes. So tackey looking. I bought some of her more simple things and they never fit right, either. Cheap fabrics. Flimsy garments. Way over priced.
What happened to her carreer as a potential talk show host? That was all some big farce.
Don't miss her at all on QVC, never did. Didn't know when she was well off. She used to be a big fish in a little pond there. Now she's a zero.

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Aug 3, 2004 @ 3:15 PM

Both HSN and QVC have a "Today's Special Value" that they feature all day long. If it sells out, they usually put another item on a large markdown as a "One Time Only" value to make up for the special selling out.

I didn't know Kathy Levine had left HSN. I never watched her either place, so I could care less. Her stuff was very odd and overpriced.

I might try Citiknits, and I actually caved and ordered something online from Adrienne. It was from clearance, and was a set of three lipsticks, lip pencil, beaded evening bag, and silver watch. I have been looking for an inexpensive plain silver metal band watch with all the numbers instead of dots or slashes for some time, so even if the lipsticks are crap, at least I have the watch. I am a bit nervous though, because the band length wasn't listed, and may be too big. But I'll just send it back if it is. Or if it turns my wrist green, which is highly likely.

pinkgoob

pinkgoob

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 3, 2004 @ 6:56 PM

Ok, I'm here to say I've become recently somewhat obsessed with watching QVC. I actually bought my first QVC item today, which is a sterling silver ring with little circle dangles from it. I'd seen them show it several times, and I also noticed several of the hosts wearing it, so I finally caved today and bought it! I ordered off their website, not by phone, cuz. . . the phone scurs me. :) My favorite host isn't even listed on the QVC site, what's up with that? I don't remember her name but she is African American and hosts a lot of the jewelry shows.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Etaoin Shrdlu

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 3, 2004 @ 7:27 PM

I have a kerjillion Huggable Hangers from HSN

Ooo! I have been seriously considering ordering these, but I can't quite get past spending $50 for hangers when they're 6 for a dollar at Dollar Tree.

Are they worth the money?

I watch QVC/HSN sometimes, but haven't ever ordered anything. If I am going to be paying shipping for these hangers though I may have to get some other stuff to go with them.

Ingresgumball

Ingresgumball

Posted Aug 4, 2004 @ 12:35 AM

Are they worth the money?

Yeah, they are I'm afraid. Sorry! And then, after your first set, you'll want more. But get enough for your husband - I just gave up trying to steal them back and ordered him 2 sets.

First of all - they are thin, but strong enough for a heavy coat. So right there you have increased your closet space. Stuff never falls off them. In fact the two times I have broken one, it's because I'd just yanked the whatever down from the hanger. And there's something very calming about everything dangling from the same length off the rod (and I think that keeps things from tangling). Seriously, just get them and send them back if you don't like them; but that won't happen.

As I said, the product reviews customers wrote were uniformly glowing. And they were vicious when it came to Joy's other sucky inventions - so you know the family wasn't stuffing the ballot box. They also thought the clips that come with them are a waste. They really are. I wish they'd just send an extra couple hangers.

I have no idea why these need to be so expensive. And the first set I bought had pivoting hooks? and these are stationary...not as good. So who knows.

I bought those clear craft-storage boxes that are like long clamshells, and they stack in a really weird way? Like a honeycomb? Does anyone have those?

Adrienne's most bizarre trait is her horrible speaking voice.

Oh, I just realized that Adrienne sounds like she could be Barbara Walters' sister!

Edited by Ingresgumball, Aug 4, 2004 @ 12:43 AM.

Chelles

Chelles

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 4, 2004 @ 8:57 AM

Do you not think though that TV Shopping will wipe out the high street alltogether in the future - I mean, it is just so much easier!?

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Aug 4, 2004 @ 9:08 AM

I think the high street has been under assault for some time, from catalogs first, then shopping channels and the internet as they became more common. For a while, my cable lineup didn't include them, but I almost always shopped from catalogs. I just hate shopping for the most part. I don't like crowds of people, I don't like the frustration of knowing very specifically what I want and being unable to find it, I despise trying on clothes, and hate pushy salespeople. I like shopping for books or craft supplies, but those are easily found online anyway.

But if someone likes shopping for its own sake, looking for bargains, trying on outfits, loves seeing all the new things, then that's not going to be changed by the tv or internet. So I think hands on shopping will change, but it won't go away. It will always be there for people who shop because they want to (whereas I only shop because I have to.)

Sbeet

Sbeet

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 4, 2004 @ 2:55 PM

I just got those huggable hangers (as in they arrived yesterday). They rock. I like how they curve out a little further than regular hangers, so the shoulder/sleeve won't get wonky and stretched out.