Shopping Channel Shows

• Please log in to reply

65199 replies to this topic

SunShine Gal

SunShine Gal

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 10:43 PM

Surfed by the Q earlier. WEN guy was on again. He was telling us how a WEN user sent him a photo of their pet iguana. They use WEN on their iguana and it's a happy lizard. Chaz also told us that people with tattoos tell him all the time how WEN on their tats make them look more vibrant. That sounds like he made all that up, but even if that were true... I absolutely DON'T CARE. But Chaz... I'm more interested if I can use it on pasta? Can I put it in my morning coffee? Can I wash my car with it? Can I grease the grill with it? [/sarcasm] It's a hair product, not a magical cure for everything. However, hubby making a joke asked if I'd buff his iguana with it. Shut up, Chaz!

On Monday night, Shawnie Sue was on with Isuuck. She was showing a red green and white, busy print pajama set. It was sort of a robe w/tie top and pajama pants. It was one of those things you had to see to believe. Isuuck Mizrahi Pajama Set A254218  Explosion of print and colors all over the set. Shawnie Sue was laying the selling spiel on thick by saying so-and-so ordered 3 or 4 sets for gifts and even Shawnie Sue was wanting to order one. She held up the pants and turned them around and said, "BUTT ROSES!". Yes, there was a huge floral spray of cabbage roses right on the butt of the pants. She sounded as if she'd found a lost lottery ticket.

Another item Isuuck was proud of was A237871 Houndstooth Cardigan. Looking at the models, he said the cardigan sort of looked like a lumberjack, but feminine. What woman wants to look like a lumberjack? He said it several times as if he could dig himself out of that hole. Shawnie tried to agree with him, but then figured she should emphasize that it's a houndstooth pattern, not lumberjack plaid.

GILI? Got. It. Love. It?

BIRI! Bought. It. Returned. It!

Edited by SunShine Gal, Oct 23, 2013 @ 11:17 PM.

SassySenior

SassySenior

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 5:10 AM

SunShine Gal,     BIRI... "love, love, love it" !!!  Speaking of  GILI,  how unattractive was that ?satin? boluse that plus-size Jackie had on during the duchess' show?  Pulling across the chest was not a flattering look.  Either a seam is going to split open, or a button is going to go flying if the host &/or models don't size up.  Camera people, wear your protective eyewear!

MrsMunster,      Copy that re: the Clark's vendor.  I missed the close-up, but even from a back shot it was a bit more exposure than expected. .. perhaps to take attention away from some very NOT attractive shoes!

Toni Brattin selling her wigs on ShopHQ actually had me smiling and enjoying the entertainment.  Sure the wigs look fake, fake, fake, but are styled nicely and would be fun for a change of appearance.  If only we could convince the duchess to try one of the shorter ones.  She would get soooooo many positive comments, I'm sure !!   The host, the models, and Ms. Brattin were all having  (what appeared to be) a genuinely fun time, I watched almost the entire program.   

govgirl

govgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 5:30 AM

I enjoyed the Toni Brattin show azzz well, SassySenior and will probably buy one of her wigs at some point. Part of the enjoyment was watching Toni with Heather, who is a wonderful host who lets the vendor speak, doesn't stare non-stop at herself in the monitor and has a beautiful speaking voice. Am I right in thinking Toni once pitched for HSN?

BIRI -- very clever Sunshine Gal!

Merchant Queen

Merchant Queen

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 7:14 AM

SunShine Gal, more kudos to you here, for B.I.R.I. ~~~ a stroke of genius, and Ain't it the Truth !!

rustybones

rustybones

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 7:34 AM

I didn't see the Clark's rep with her girls out to play but, some time ago after she's been on with her Clark's, she came back on the set with another fashion item, and was acting like a co-host.  The thought crossed my mind and I wonder if she could have been "auditioning" for a spot.  Maybe that's what her girls were doing the other day.

Marathonrunner

Marathonrunner

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 7:58 AM

Isaac's lumberjack comment - perhaps he was channeling the old Monty Python song "I'm a lumberjack & I'm ok"

Kathcart

Kathcart

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 8:18 AM

Not to continue to beat a dead horse, but ... well, to continue to beat a dead horse: The current issue of InStyle magazine has a spread on calfhair items. Calfhair. Not "haircalf." So THERE, QVC!

I missed the "Butt Roses!!!" but I did see those pajamas of I-Suuck's. Geez. Isaac is laughing all the way to the bank. Who buys that stuff???

BrendasChoppers

BrendasChoppers

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 8:24 AM

Is there anything more dowdy than Gravah's stretch-velvet pants? O-M-G

SassySenior

SassySenior

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 11:30 AM

Mentioned elsewhere this might be the "inspiration" for the GILI Roma bag. I'd say... Yeh!! No $2,200+ price tag. Maybe if she had her initials!

californiapuppy

californiapuppy

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 12:12 PM

Ok, I am back with more reviews of beauty products purchased through HSN ----

Conair hair curling iron thing --- tried it and like it....however, I realized I wear my hair curled about 6x a year.  Is it really worth $99?  Not for me, but for others who curl their hair more often, then yes it is a good deal.  I saw the informercial and it sells there for $49 x 3 = $147.

GLO teeth whitening on the go kit --- awesome!  So easy to use and it counteracts my Starbucks. 

Trish McEvoy #9 edp --- verrrry niiiice.  Expensive but the bottle is so huge it actually makes sense.

Ok, the ybf brow pencil won!  Trish McEvoy's were great but ybf's is so similar I had to go with it. 

:)

Aunt Carol, thank you for your Susan Graver outfit review.  Any reviews I read here help me out so I appreciate it!  :)

Ok, Kirsten on the Q ---- strikes me as a bit of a snob.  I haven't watched the Q recently but last I saw her she was not very nice with the vendor and didn't seem too interested in what she was supposed to be presenting.  So this whole "palpitating womb" thing is really making me laugh! 

Amy on HSN ---- yes, her blonde hair looks better on her.  I have to say though, she seems pretty nice.  I never catch her being snarky, snobby, know-it-all, bragging.  I actually buy more when she is presenting than most of the other hosts.  I like the product but she helps me along in spending lol.  (In other words, she is doing her job).   If I love something but the host is annoying I usually don't buy.  Go figure.

Nancy on the Q ---- annoying to the max.  Starting with her voice, then getting to the bungling of facts and it keeps going downhill from there.  Another reason I don't watch the Q too much anymore.

Joan Rivers --- I agree that she is out of control in regards to being icky gross.  She embarrasses me when I have seen her; she does not make me want to buy.

And last of all, Lisa Robertson ---- I havent seen the Q for a little while (no longer on my preprogrammed channel list) but last I saw her she was talking waaaaaaaaaaay too fast.  Too hyper, too nuts.  I don't need that after a nutty day at work.  Slow down lady, geez.

Kathcart

Kathcart

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

Is there anything more dowdy than Gravah's stretch-velvet pants?

They used to sell some crop pants from Sport Saggy -- I mean Sport Savvy -- that were the dowdiest things on the planet. But I'm sure the Graver velvet pants are a close second.

Hoofharted

Hoofharted

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 2:58 PM

Wowie. Sybil is getting hard to watch. What has happened to her? No longer does she present each item as it should be, but phones it in. Not really hard to tell when she's not into the item she's showing. Totally unprofessional. I noticed on PMS that she went over on that damn clock Q insists on putting on the screen. Not much use if she goes over which she did more than once. At one point music was played to let her know to move on (which she ignored). I was waiting for the music to drown her out as it does on the awards shows. She has also become very pushy. I think she is letting some of the glory go to her head; (too bad it doesn't help her hair any).

I missed the Clarks rep and her view down her chest. I am very curious, however, to know if the brown vest Jacque was wearing last night is one of the Q's.

Add me to another poster that thinks SunShine Gal is a genius for B.I.R.I.

marshmallowpeep

marshmallowpeep

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 4:00 PM

I think the Clark's rep is Amy.   She is very pregnant and very voluptuous now.  Hard to hide her pregnancy boobs these days I noticed.  She does do most of the talking during the Clarks shows.  I checked out her FB page and there's a pic of her, JRT and JRT's infamous daughter touring NYC recently if you scroll way down on her page. 

Edited by marshmallowpeep, Oct 24, 2013 @ 4:21 PM.

selhars

selhars

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 6:18 PM

I'm sure it's partly that I hardly watch, and partly the times I do watch....but anyone else notice there are some hosts they hardly ever see?

I had to go to the QVC site to remember who most of them were. (plus the fact that really dislike some of the newer hosts, anyway)

Are some of these new hosts just part time?

I saw Rachael Boesing the other day for the first time in WEEKS.

Haven't seen Courtney Cason and Sandra Bennett in forever.

I did see Sharon Faetsch and Jacques Gonzales a couple of weeks ago. (I think)

Albany Irwin and Kerstin Lindquist are two others I hardly ever see.

Nancy Hornback I'll see at night sometimes .

I haven't seen Carolyn Gracie in a while.....I saw Antonella Nestor last week for the first time in weeks. (a midday holiday gift jewelry show, complete with FAKE SNOW FLAKES on a screen in the background. Oh goodness, how utterly stupid. It actually turned me off)

Other than Carolyn (who, of those listed I like the best) there's not a one of them I could name without looking up just who ARE the hosts these days.

I would admit to having an age prejudice against the new young hosts but -- that's not it. I just don't think they're that good. Brett Chuckerman on HSN is young and I like him. Of course now that opens me up to do you not like the women, but like the men? I still don't think that's it. The new QVC women hosts just suck. I think they're being pushed to say stupid things on air, and don't know how to pull it off like the HSN hosts...who also can say some hard sell stuff, but somehow they pull it off without coming off like a sleazy huckster that's just saying the craziest thing that pops into their empty head.

Also QVC's early push for holiday gift buying is turning me off. Granted I sort of am starting to think about what I might get for people. But they don't need to push me to BUY, not yet. BACK OFF the hard sell, QVC! Please.

Edited by selhars, Oct 24, 2013 @ 6:24 PM.

MrsMunster

MrsMunster

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 7:43 PM

Jane annoyance factor for me grows like a fungus.  I normally like the look of a houndstooth jacket....but she looks so squat and heavy in it, with that softball-sized roll of tinsel necklace and the big suede elbow patches adding to the busy-ness.  And of course the voluminous skirt.  

sib5

sib5

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 7:54 PM

Just took a peek, and you are right! Too much going on. The big belt doesn't do her any favors either. She just looks too chopped up.

MrsMunster

MrsMunster

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 8:01 PM

But heh....Jill looks very nice this evening.  No batwings tonight!!

AuntCarol

AuntCarol

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 8:08 PM

SassySenior...I'm betting Lisa has the Gucci bag and carries it....not her GILI bag :).  

SunShineGal...loved the B.I.R.I.  

Of the younger hosts I've mentioned I like Amy Stran.  She's plucky and likes fashion and seems to know her stuff.  And she's doesn't annoy me.  Most important :).  I also like Carolyn Gracie.  She seems down to earth.  And I don't care if she says she has ordered most of what she sells.  If I worked there and got a discount, I probably would too!

Oh, and the Gucci bag looked better than the G.I.L.I. bag but I still wouldn't buy it.  Just a huge sack to throw everything into never to be seen again.  

oddmanout

oddmanout

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 8:39 PM

Hey everyone, long time no see and all of that. 

I had to give up watching the channels due to the total inanity of it all. I mean, reruns of The Three Stooges are only a channel or two down the dial, and Curly's yuk yuk yuk is to this day more appealing than Venable's yummy face. 

But I check in here every day or two to see what I'm missing.

However, what got me to actually post again was someone's comment (I know, I should quote it but I'm otherwise distracted at the moment):

However, hubby making a joke asked if I'd buff his iguana with it.

Thank you thank you, perfect pick-up line for the noir novel I keep trying to write.

"Hey, big boy, why don't you come to my place and I'll buff your iguana."

"Ya gonna use wen?"

Jeanolo

Jeanolo

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 8:45 PM

When I first heard G.I.L.I. I thought it was stupid. If you've GOT something you love already, why do you want to buy something else? It just reminds me that I ALREADY own lots of things I "love," and maybe I don't need to buy something else (especially pimped by Lisa). Got To Have It comes to mind, but I guess G.T.H.I. doesn't have that nice ring to it. It also brings to mind Gigi or Lili. I hope I never break down and buy anything GILI (also tired of all the periods). I watched Lisa tell us that THIS bag was the ONLY bag you would ever need. Throw out all those other bags! Thank goodness Lisa finally copied, er, designed the be all and end all bag. Until the NEXT Gotta Have It, Must Have It, Love, Love, Love It, Buy It Today.

Speaking of Lisa, I saw her on with LOGORAGS, wearing black from head to toe. I admit to being somewhat fashion challenged, but I just don't see the appeal of layering all those raggedy-hem tops. No matter how many times the homeless bag lady told me it was a flattering look, I just couldn't buy it. At least Lisa stuck to wearing ONE top. I do like the look of some of the handkerchief hems, but not all layered up.

caminlaca

caminlaca

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 9:20 PM

Jill does look better in a jacket but I'm fairly sure this is her default piece on which she should fork out a few bucks for alterations. It's ill-fitting with the excess folds of fabric in the upper chest (in front of the armholes).

Shannon must've used the same colorist for her hair that Amy used. On my TV, a funky honey color with greenish tinge.

SunShine Gal

SunShine Gal

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 10:10 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! Duchess Lisa sure gives us lots to talk about lately.

Has Lisa forgotten her lovelovelove for B.Makowsky bags? Remember how she fawned over bag after bag of his? Now it's some knock-off bag in her G.I.L.I. line. She says it's the only bag we'll ever need? But she's a shopping channel host. Their memory is 8 minutes. Just long enough to forget what they said during the last product presentation to promote the next product. "You know the last handbag I raved about 10 minutes ago? I've forgotten all about THAT one and you need THIS one!"

I get pissed at the host's attitude sometimes. They have a big handbag event and push push push that we all need a new bag, etc. Then 2 days later they'll be selling handbags again and forget what they told us. Lisa said about the GILI TSV bag that pumpkin is the hottest color of the season. Monday I heard her say that burgundy is the hottest color of the season. I heard another host say that purple/aubergine is the hottest color of the season. If you listen to the hosts, they'll drive you to drink. I choose the color I WANT, not what they are PUSHING.

Shannon wasn't wearing her signature high clown-arch eyebrows earlier. They actually looked normal and in the right position tonight. I don't watch her all the time but this must be a new thing for her. She didn't look surprised like "Wow! What a value!" at any of the products tonight!

selhars

selhars

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 11:30 PM

Don't we know -- they're ALL the color of the season....or as Lisa would say hot, hot, hot -- classic, classic, classic.

They turn me off when they say something that costs 30.00 dollars (and not really small in size) is a 'stocking stuffer.'  Stop it already.

I know I'm cost conscious -- but 30 bucks ain't no stocking stuffer.

On HSN, I did learn more about a skin care,perfume/lotion brand I'd seen in Anthropologie -- called "Royal Apothic." Expensive, but good.

If I ever catch one on sale...HALF price would bring it down to my price point -- I think I'd actually buy some.

tootyfruity

tootyfruity

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 25, 2013 @ 8:18 AM

Hoofharted, I'm trying to think of which host Sybil might be . Help, thanks.!

LyricCat

LyricCat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 25, 2013 @ 8:50 AM

tootyfruity, Sybil is Lisa because she has so many personalities depending on what she is selling.  Her sotto voce with people she thinks are Madison Ave, manic, her Italian personality -- you will get someone different depending on the gravitas of the item.

Edited by LyricCat, Oct 25, 2013 @ 8:51 AM.

Blondielocks

Blondielocks

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2013 @ 10:44 AM

Ok,Logorags is on. Do not like the skirt,A-235506. Looks bad with the big Flowing tops she pushes,add her cardigan. One big swaddling dumpy mess!

NancyKMS

NancyKMS

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 25, 2013 @ 12:34 PM

I ordered one LOGO tunic.  Some of her things make me think she's "trying" to fill a need for folks (like me) who like Eileen Fisher leggings and tops (which I sparingly buy).  But it was so HEAVY; I had to return it.  For me, sometimes it's better to get one good EF product that I actually will wear a lot; washes well; ;lasts for decades...but might cost more than to buy some imitation.

californiapuppy

californiapuppy

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 25, 2013 @ 12:49 PM

anyone here have a tracfone?

the Q had one as a TSV for $99, last night HSN had one on for $69.95.

Edited by californiapuppy, Oct 25, 2013 @ 12:49 PM.

Blondielocks

Blondielocks

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2013 @ 1:13 PM

I have a couple of Logo tunics. I like them,but I don't have a need or want 15 of them. The new Logo skirt presented today is long and wide. Looks dumpy withe long wide tops.. Definitely did nothing for MBR today.

Kathcart

Kathcart

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2013 @ 1:20 PM

Shannon must've used the same colorist for her hair that Amy used. On my TV, a funky honey color with greenish tinge

I call it Manila Envelope-colored hair.

Shannon can do no right with me. I'm sure she's a lovely individual in real life but on TV she comes across as such a liar. Can't watch her even for comic relief. Although you can play a mighty fine drinking game with her: take a drink whenever she starts a sentence with "honestly" or "to be frank" or "to be quite frank."  Glurgg glurggg glurggggg (that's the sound of you under the table, which you will be in no time!)