Shopping Channel Shows

• Please log in to reply

65197 replies to this topic

Purselover

Purselover

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 3:59 PM

I'm dying to try one of Pavis wigs but do NOT want one that's been sent out, worn and returned. Makes me itch just thinking about it having been worn before. Besides, I thought there was some kind of law regarding it, don't know.

For all the bitching I do here, I do have to comment that I received the Dawkins clearance limited edition necklace (in yellow) and have to say that I am totally in love. Gorgeously made, lots of silver, great colors and a much more reasonable price. It's a keeper. I may never take it off.....

Kudos to Antonella for mentioning Shipping and Handling being an additional charge during her Steel show.

Can't help it, I really like Antonella.

sib5

sib5

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 6:10 PM

Jill on some grilling show today. She was wearing something I might try wearing, figuring it would "cover," but still be stylish -- a tank top with a chiffon-y like top over it. She looked bad. Very boxy. I know she's smaller than me, so now I know NOT to go that route!

Followed by JRT in another June Cleaver dress. Yikes.

govgirl

govgirl

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 5:13 AM

Speaking of JRT, it sure looks to me like she's giving herself home perms.

Kitties4

Kitties4

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:40 AM

Had fashion on with Graver this morning and as usual she was praising her #1 model. She asked Kateaaaaa to come out of her jacket to show a blouse top and as she slinked out I could have swore I saw the other larger model Maria in the background with a for a moment look of disgust on her face. Did anyone else catch this? I tried to go back and look at the video but it was a previous presentation and could not relook again. If this were the case I could surely appreciate it. I think all the swagger and put on for the camera should be called to a halt. I wonder what the other models think of the "slink."

Darbar

Darbar

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:00 AM

Dear Susan. SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!! Just now she said that whenever she's.on TV, it's nothing but a big party to her. No wonder she never shuts up. She's drunk.

godfreydaniels

godfreydaniels

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

It's absolutely impossible to watch, "At home with Jill." She is in hypermode, yelling, and screeching. It's just too much high drama for this early in the morn. Finding it hard to get excited about a "butterfly table."

SassySenior

SassySenior

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

Before they get rid of it, take a look at the Q's homepage, and the picture of Frau Jill posing with the most ill-fitting jacket ever!!! Looks like it belongs to David Venable because the shoulders are all scrunched and the lapels... uh... disasterous! At least she's got a (?fake?) smile on her face. Yet another manic presentation... *click*

Purselover

Purselover

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

Susan never-take-a-breath Graver and The Slink. Honest to God it's really awful to watch. I didn't catch the Maria moment but if it was there it was an unguarded moment that I sure don't blame her for. Katya is laughable, I'm sorry, but come on Katya even the high end professional models don't throw their junk around as much as you do.

The price of Susan's clothing is off the charts, over $50 a pop with S & H. No interest at those prices.

catnappurr

catnappurr

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

While Leah was hosting the Breezies show this afternoon she said, "this is the only place you can buy Breezies." NOT true. You can buy Breezies on Ebay for half the price. You may not get the exact styles they are showing now on the Q but you can get them there.

I thought Jill looked great today. The shirt she had on yesterday didn't look right on her. It actually looked too big.

Virgo Gal

Virgo Gal

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 5:28 PM

Hey GovGirl, you really nailed it with JRT's hair. Does anyone else remember the Toni home perms from the 50's and 60's? Apparently when she time travels back to pick out her wardrobe, she does some personal product shopping also? What's next? Extolling the virtues on a (massively overpriced) jar of Pond's Cold Cream?

I like Antonella also, more and more she is one of the best hosts. She is proof that you can learn and improve your skills, unlike some other hosts that I could name.

Hoofharted

Hoofharted

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:52 PM

I was a victim of the toni perm. 5 years old with flame red hair down to my waist. My ancient grandmother decided to give me one while my parents were away for a weekend fishing trip. By the time they came home, I had been shorn like a sheep. Actually I looked more like my grandmother's moth eaten fox collar My dad never left me alone with her on the weekends again. I still remember the look of horror on his face. Jane should look at HSN.com- a tennis player turned designer (Serena Williams) has a 1950's style dress

ITA about Jill today. The louder they yell and the more frenzied they act just screams desperation. I have noticed a SNBC host doing a promo and she shakes her head no as she is touting the benefits of whatever the hell it is. Ease of use while shaking the head?

I read all about Q's CEO and his fab perks. I think he and most other CEOs are waaay overpaid.

Edited because I forgot to use the space bar a couple of times.

Edited by Hoofharted, May 3, 2012 @ 6:55 PM.

rustybones

rustybones

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 7:51 AM

Here we go again. Ordered two (buy one, get one at $4 off) woven cotton shirts from QVC. Ten minutes after I opened the package and tried them on, they were ready to ship back. The fit was OK, style was OK, but they were so stiff. Can't believe they sell them for almost $30 each, since I could have gone to Walmart and bought better quality for half the price. I think I've learned my lesson about clothing from QVC. It's a shame, cuz years ago I bought many casual things from them.

SunShine Gal

SunShine Gal

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:38 AM

I want to make a jewelry piece to sell on QVC. I want my manufacturing costs to be low so I should poke around a gemstone suppliers back room preferably the clearance bin. To be even more on the cheap, I could choose a composite stone that isn't really popular but in a huge oval cabochon so it gives a huge presence. I'll mount my cheapy stone on top of a wide resin cuff bracelet. I want it to be HUGE so it'll mislead viewers into thinking it's worth more. Wait... wait... I'll put a thin 14K border around the stone so it can be sold in a "Gold Destinations" show eventhough it's resin and composite stone. The 14K gold on it will make it seem less costume-ish and more valuable. Oh, darn. QVC already has that. It's J157344 Purple Composite Turquoise Resin Cuff 14K Gold. You can get it for the clearance price of $83.76 free shipping and 6 easy pays. IMO they should have saved the precious gold for a design that isn't so "fashion today" but gone tomorrow. It wouldn't have taken away from the design if this piece was set with a goldTONE metal border. I'll buy my fashion bracelets on ebay.

Kudos to Antonella for mentioning Shipping and Handling being an additional charge during her Steel show.

I appreciate that, too. She doesn't insult us by acting like S&H doesn't exist.

During the winter months, Shawnie Sue often wore long t-shirts or sleeveless light-weight tops with leggings, tights, or shorts a couple of times, flip flops or sandals or slippers. Spring is here and today Shawnie was wearing a red maxi dress long enough to slightly puddle on the floor when she moved. It looks to be a heavier weight than her t-shirts. On top of that she's wearing a long sleeve white jeans jacket. I didn't watch the whole show to see if she was selling the dress and jacket. Just wanted to mention the irony.

Edited by SunShine Gal, May 4, 2012 @ 1:37 PM.

thelmalou

thelmalou

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:53 PM

Before they get rid of it, take a look at the Q's homepage, and the picture of Frau Jill posing with the most ill-fitting jacket ever!!! Looks like it belongs to David Venable because the shoulders are all scrunched and the lapels... uh... disasterous! At least she's got a (?fake?) smile on her face. Yet another manic presentation... *click*

I saw that Sassysenior! It gave me a great chuckle those shoulder pads and her head tilted with that smile!

Does anyone miss Charla RHines from shopnbc? I remember when she was selling a scooter and road around the Shopnbc parking lot for an hour. And the smokers cough she had.

walnutqueen

walnutqueen

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 8:14 AM

Does anyone miss Charla RHines from shopnbc? I remember when she was selling a scooter and road around the Shopnbc parking lot for an hour. And the smokers cough she had.

I sure do, thelmalou. She was always entertaining. I used to watch a lot of ShopNBC back in the day - bought a lot of sale items like Matgie lamps, Pam McCoy faux fur and jewelry. That was years ago, though.

Nowadays, I just catch the occasional Lessman show. My Mom takes a lot of his stuff, and really loves the Secure meal replacement. Since she eats like a bird, if at all, I'm glad she's getting SOME nutrition. I just got some Friendly Flora for my cat and it's working like a charm - he has intestinal cancer so gas is an issue. I've also been giving him Fibermucil for debilitating diarrhea, and it has helped enormously. My vet is impressed, and my cat's suffering has been alleviated, so Andrew is my hero.

Luv2Soap

Luv2Soap

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

Just tuned into Saturday morning on the Q. Shawn was dressed more like a bag lady than a teenager. Do they even have mirrors at the studio? Or are just fun house mirrors?

Remember when the hosts actually dressed professionally and put together. I miss that. Are they intenually trying to dress down because they want to come off as more relatable? Well most of the hosts just come off as sloppy and crazy.

sib5

sib5

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 10:38 AM

Guess what? It's DELL MONTH at QVC!! Oh boy. We really need more computer shows.

thelmalou

thelmalou

Video Archivist

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

I sure do, thelmalou. She was always entertaining. I used to watch a lot of ShopNBC back in the day - bought a lot of sale items like Matgie lamps, Pam McCoy faux fur and jewelry. That was years ago, though.

Nowadays, I just catch the occasional Lessman show. My Mom takes a lot of his stuff, and really loves the Secure meal replacement. Since she eats like a bird, if at all, I'm glad she's getting SOME nutrition. I just got some Friendly Flora for my cat and it's working like a charm - he has intestinal cancer so gas is an issue. I've also been giving him Fibermucil for debilitating diarrhea, and it has helped enormously. My vet is impressed, and my cat's suffering has been alleviated, so Andrew is my hero.

I like the occasional Andrew Lessman show too, especially when he's on with Colleen Lopez they've got good chemistry. I have the meal replacement in coffee flavor to try and skip lunch but I'm still starving 1 hour later. Glad it helps your mom, poor kitty hope he's comfortable.

Just tuned into Saturday morning on the Q. Shawn was dressed more like a bag lady than a teenager. Do they even have mirrors at the studio? Or are just fun house mirrors?

Remember when the hosts actually dressed professionally and put together. I miss that. Are they intenually trying to dress down because they want to come off as more relatable? Well most of the hosts just come off as sloppy and crazy.

I saw Shawn she looked like how I dressed my daughter when she was a toddler, skirts and leggings. And I can't stand her sterling silver charm bracelets . I love a charm bracelet but looks cheap on her.

Did anyone see Jacque G with Nadri last night. She looked very pulled together with a dark gray lace sheath dress and nude color platform pumps. I recently purchased her angel wing ring by affinity. It's quite lovely, although its basically diamond chips with not much sparkle, I do like it stacked with my engagement ring.

Darbar

Darbar

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 1:33 PM

OMG, Shawn was one horrible hot mess today. Did she get that denim jumper via dumpster diving??? She normally dresses stupid, but today's outfit was the worst. What's with her and the exercise leggings? In orange????? Either she's deluded or she's visually impaired. I've seen bag ladies who look better than she did today. Someone send that pathetic bimbo a mirror.

Purselover

Purselover

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

Saw Shawn this morning and was disappointed that the pretty pink lipstick she was wearing yesterday a la Geller was replaced with zinc oxide. That pretty pink lipstick (she could even go a little darker still...) made her lips look plumper and her skin look pink and dare I say she even looked a little younger. It was very pretty on her. I don't have much to say about her Shawnism outfit except another "sigh".....

Edited by Purselover, May 5, 2012 @ 4:04 PM.

AlwaysOnCue

AlwaysOnCue

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

Amy Stran is getting her own style show. It's called "Inspired Style" and it sounds like she'll get to do some traveling and sell items inspired by NYC and other places. I've always liked Amy, speech impediment and all. She's always very pleasant, is very nice to callers, and doesn't monopolize the talking when a vendor is on with her. And, she hasn't adopted the habit of constantly looking at herself in the monitor. It's nice she'll get out from Lisa's shadow and have her own show. As far as fashion, Amy is so thin that no matter what she wears, she either looks great it in or it completely swallows her up. But, I think for the most part, she always looks great. I think she's truly an XXXS. I've always felt that she was going to be the next style maven for QVC even though she's probably younger than most of the women who buy fashions from QVC. I know my daughter, who is 25, wouldn't ever buy clothes from Q but she does like Amy. I wonder if Q is trying to have her draw in some younger viewers. I wonder what Lisa thinks about it? I'm sure Lisa isn't threatened by Leah on AM Style but I wonder how she'll feel about another host getting a style show, let alone one that involves travel.

SassySenior

SassySenior

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 6:21 AM

In a way, I wouldn't be surprised if the duchess is happy that some of the more less than glamorous aspects of being (in her own mind) the Q's "diva fashionista" will be removed from her repertoire. I can see Lisa totally settling in to the "ladies who lunch", Madison Ave., Hamptons" mode exclusively. Hence, most, if not all the high end jewelry shows (Italy, Destination Gold, etc), fashion week in N.Y., of course... the warden Ripka appearances, some of the designers, and a few of her beauty product favorites, eg. Leslie, would be hers. I say, Good for Amy! BUT, please get the poor girl a decent haircut... something that MOVES, and not that too black, severe looking helmet!

Merchant Queen

Merchant Queen

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 8:37 AM

Here is an article that may explain why Amy has been given her own show. I say, Good Luck to her if this trend, as elaborated in the article, is growing. And also, just in case you haven't been beaten into submission with it already, MAY IS GOLD MONTH.

http://finance.yahoo...arel-swaps.html

papiermache

papiermache

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:47 AM

Although neither of them is a favorite of mine, it was nice to watch Marlo Smith and Lisa Price together yesterday on HSN. The channel has quietly put together quite a roster of hosts and vendors who are women of color with Iman, Queen Latifah, Lisa Price, Serena Williams, Mary J Blige, etc. It's nice to see a bit more diversity. They even have a new Asian model now too.

Purselover

Purselover

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 2:16 PM

Couldn't believe my ears during the LR show when Lisa was regaling the 14k gold watch with leather strap. She said with a straight face that watches are THE icon for showing the world your status (paraphrasing). That she believes (not just because she loves watches) that if you can own one thing that will define who and (how much) you're worth, a fine watch is it....

My jaw hung slack as I listened to her say this stuff. Are you kidding us Lisa? Are you freaking kidding?? A nice watch is a nice watch and I know you own a few (one in particular) but status today in today's economy is a fool's game. Besides, the really wealthy don't usually flaunt their wealth and if they do it's generally in terms of property, automobiles, yachts and really fine jewelry (not a Vicenza watch by any means). A nice watch? Sure they have them but I really don't think the "icon" watch is any more to them than an upscale handbag (like Hermes)... nice to have but.....

She's a status wanna be.... and it's rather embarrassing.

Edited by Purselover, May 6, 2012 @ 2:18 PM.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 4:16 PM

Here is an article that may explain why Amy has been given her own show. I say, Good Luck to her if this trend, as elaborated in the article, is growing. And also, just in case you haven't been beaten into submission with it already, MAY IS GOLD MONTH.

http://finance.yahoo...arel-swaps.html

Not sure I see the connection. I'm at the tail end of the age range mentioned and I have never heard of clothing swaps..consignment store parties yes, clothing swaps no...I think the folks mentioned in the article are the same ones dropping 700 bucks on the latest and greatest Apple products - and camping out at the stores on launch day - the "too cool for school demographic"...no wonder they have dropped discretionary spending on clothing. Must.have.latest.Ipad. Yuck.

I find it funny how Amy, of multiple rumpled layers and curled shirt collars and pearls, is getting a style show. Remember how we talked about her like a dog when she did the overnights? IMO her style hasn't changed, she's just graduated to prime-time and is dressed in the clothes from the show as she works Facebook...so I can't say that her style has evolved. Regardless I do like her and she's never bothered me, she seems so eager and earnest. I do wonder what this new show and potential travel does to the maybe baby plans she spoke of when doing the New Years Quacker shows.

Purselover - I didn't hear LaLisa's rant about watches. (Is it the Cartier Tank that she has?) I remember the uproar there was when she deigned to wear it on air during a jewelry show. I say to each his own...Lisa's trying to sell a crappy gold watch and if it makes Delores in Iowa pull the trigger then she's done her job. Luckily the TWOPers who watch don't fall for that crap. Now when she starts selling Birkin's on EZPay then she's got my attention. I don't see spending thousands on a watch, but on a handbag...let's talk..lol

Purselover

Purselover

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

shoppergal

Is it the Cartier Tank that she has?

I think it's a large (maybe a men's?) Rolex....

It isn't so much that this is her thing (I know it is), and it isn't so much that she's trying to get Deloris in Iowa to buy one... I understand all that... it's that I think she really does think that a wrist watch is THE icon for status and it just surprised me she actually said so on air. I think a Birkin on easy pay will be a fine day for QVC...lol.... but I still don't consider carrying a Birkin the status for having "made it". Having the discretionary income to afford such things can be all smoke and mirrors in order to acquire one, we all know that. In other words someone having something like a Rolex doesn't necessarily mean that person really has the money to do so. I was just shocked to hear Lisa say something so incredibly base in order to appeal to Delores in Iowa. Floored me....

SassySenior

SassySenior

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:29 PM

Lisa, in all her shallowness craving wealth and costly possessions, may she find some extraordinarily filthy rich sheik when she travels to Istanbul and Abu Dhabi.

govgirl

govgirl

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:31 PM

Lisa has become quite shallow and I doubt the people she's hoping to mingle with would give her the time of day, regardless of what brand of watch they're wearing. She seems to forget the economic status of the people she's trying to sell to -- I suspect people in the Hamptons and Madison Avenue never heard of QVC.

sib5

sib5

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:52 PM

Heh -- I wouldn't know a Birkin or a Rolex if I saw one! So much for trying to impress. I figure Lisa is just using another sales tactic.