Shopping Channel Shows

• Please log in to reply

65183 replies to this topic

SunShine Gal

SunShine Gal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 6:39 PM

My favorite jewelry designer, Hagit Gorali, will have the TSV on Thursday 04-26

Good to hear that. I totally agree that her items have sophistication while still being organic. I also like many of Margaret Thurman's designs. I don't care for Ripka, Bixby or Dawkins anymore. Bixby went off the deep end IMO. I liked her items as long as they were romantic and feminine, but I'm not into buddha, temples, crickets, etc. Dawkins' stuff is one dimensional to me. He's so rigid having to stick with his "signature" nobby rondels on every item. Even on his earrings which look too heavy to wear IMO. Dawkins occasionally has something I like but it's the same old overpricing that kills the deal. I don't know if I can watch Roberta anymore either. The bizarre crap he spouts keeps escalating. I'm not entertained even for snark. It's uncomfortable to watch.

But it's certainly not new (what is?) and certainly not a design exclusive to Dame Joan.

David Dangle has said on air several times that big designers are always begging Joan to wear their garments. If that were true, then why do we always see Joan wear the same things on Fashion Police, Joan/Melissa's show, and QVC? She talks fashion constantly but she's not wearing anything other than her same old/same old.

I only watch Joan's shows for a few minutes when I'm channel surfing. I've seen time and time again she'll be polite to someone's face. When that person is out of the room, Joan immediately talks s**t about them. I feel sorry for the Q hosts having to work with her. I can only imagine what Joan says about them when the show is over. Doesn't matter who that person is either. She talks crap about everyone for no reason.

Edited by SunShine Gal, Apr 9, 2012 @ 6:47 PM.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 7:39 PM

So many posts to filter through - where to start.

My favorite jewelry designer, Hagit Gorali, will have the TSV on Thursday 04-26

Somewhere Ripker is seething - and I, like the rest of you, are excited for HG's TSV. I hope it's better then the offering Suarti brought us last week.

Re Pat/Jayne - Maybe it's the OCD in me, but I just assumed they came up with the billing alphabetically. J before P and R before S as in the Anything Goes with Rick and Shawn. Can we prove this theory out w/ any other shows? I'm drawing a blank.

David Dangle has said on air several times that big designers are always begging Joan to wear their garments. If that were true, then why do we always see Joan wear the same things on Fashion Police, Joan/Melissa's show, and QVC?

I will say that at Joan's age she's found a look that works and I can't fault her for that. The look is overly embellished, on the fringe of being gaudy, jackets and black tank and black pants. While she wears that 'uniform' all the time I will say that the jackets are always different - i've never seen repeats. On the reality show they showed her closet and she has probably 250+ different jackets. I don't think she repeats them, she just has 20 sequined monstrosities with fur collars. I have always been tempted to order her signature blazer from the Q, but I always remind myself that as cropped as they look on the models, it will be downright shrunken on my 6' frame.

Kathcart

Kathcart

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

I know I'm late to this particular party, but ... the Genie bra? You STEP INTO it? Y'all are kidding, right? That cannot be for reals. You STEP INTO it? And, as someone upthread said, wrestle it up over your hips and belly (assuming you have either of those) ... and then wrestle "the girls" in?

That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard!

selhars

selhars

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:15 AM

Oh my word who is the young female host on QVC early this morning/overnight with the ANNOYING voice.
She's hosting the Food Fest show from 2-3a.
It's high-pitched, sing song, and up talk all at the same time. and she talks fast so it's like chatterbox that won't SHUT UP!.....yikes.
I've seen her just once before -- I THINK she's fairly new.
But then again I don't watch like I used to so I'm not sure how long she's been around (and the channel has so many new hosts who can keep count.)

HamOnWry

HamOnWry

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 3:24 AM

Not quite sure what to make of this. The website is only 3 weeks old and only has a 1-year life span (before renewal). And the site is really poorly designed and looks kinda scam-my.

I've been wondering what happened to Trina (ex-QVC model) who seemed to have disappeared. Had any of you heard this story about her health?

Edited by HamOnWry, Apr 10, 2012 @ 3:27 AM.

marshmallowpeep

marshmallowpeep

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:49 AM

Checked out Trina on the Jennifer Parker site. Is Trina still on the Q? I can't see her going thru life changing hell like that and still working as a model on the Q (no less) plus being surrounded by the majority of items made in China that the Q sells. Unless she's on long-term disability now? The website is poorly done and does look fishy as sad as the stories are. Just look at Jennifer Parker living in her parents' backyard. I know she's allergic/sensitive to mold but she's diagnosed (along w/Trina) with Chemical Sensitivity, however, I guess she's not allergic to pvc (plastics) in the fence and house siding that surrounds her, the pool chemicals she sleeps next to in the tent and the fertilizer in the grass that her tent sits on just to name a few.

Edited by marshmallowpeep, Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:39 PM.

niftyfifty

niftyfifty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

Yeah....I have to say that website does look pretty fishy to me also. I don't think I've seen that Trina model for a long time but I don't watch much any more either....especially when they are selling clothes. On the other hand, I can't imagine why she would participate in some bogus money making scheme if she was doing okay with her modeling career. Frankly, I think anyone would be nutz to put themselves out on a web site like that whether the stories are true or not.

I did however get a nice chuckle last week when Shawn announced that David would be hosting a show called, "What a girl wants". Shawn seemed to amuse herself just by announcing it.

Kathcart, you crack me up with the reflections on the Genie bra. Not to seem simple minded but....isn't it just a sports bra? What makes it so all fired innovative?

Purselover

Purselover

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:34 PM

I don't know if I can watch Roberta anymore either. The bizarre crap he spouts keeps escalating. I'm not entertained even for snark. It's uncomfortable to watch.

Isn't that the truth. As I've mentioned before, I rather enjoyed several of Roberta's designs in all heavy silver before silver hit the wall. Still very happy with those creations. Bought one (1) brass & silver disaster that turned and pitted even while being housed in a silver safe keeper and unlike what he suggested on TV, no.... it couldn't be polished back to the original shine, especially with the coating he put on it to supposedly protect the brass. It was a total waste of money. So no more "other" metals .... I agree though, that he is getting weirder by the year (so is Morticia Bixby) and should send a rep to the Q when their stuff is on. Probably won't happen though, what with their egos in the stratosphere and all.

I don't see the fascination with the Genie Bra either. Putting it on by pulling it up is hilarious, so is wrestling it over your head. Not being big busted I can't imagine that stretchy material being flattering as it smashes the girls smaller than they'd normally be.... or would like to be...

Darbar

Darbar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:50 PM

After not being able to sleep because of two broken bones in my foot (ouch) and fighting the lung crud that's going around, I was awake last night at 3am, watching TV (did you ever notice that there's nothing on TV after 2am, only infomercials), and Sandra was on complaining about her menopause. She was saying that the Denim TSV was perfect for her because of her constant sweating and how gauze was perfect for her menopause. That has got to be a first, saying an outfit is great for menopausal women. Sheesh.

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:39 PM

Watching Sharon Faetch have an orgasm over the lobster has to be the low point of my life ... Give me Yum Yum face any day!

sib5

sib5

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

I think Joan Rivers just said she was the first to use the term "color block." Huh?

She is the ultimate salesperson. I do enjoy her shows even though it can get annoying.

Darbar

Darbar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:51 PM

Joan's jackets are just too constructed and wayyyy too short. She needs to make some longer looks and some that are not so sucked in and tapered. Antonella looks trussed into that jacket. Is it true that Iris says she's a large? What, is she going by the Carolyn size-charts?

Purselover

Purselover

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:03 PM

I think Joan Rivers just said she was the first to use the term "color block." Huh?

She has got to be kidding. Hey Joan, remember the 90's when the Q had Fashion Formula on with "their" colorblock cardigans, etc. Color blocking was huge e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e and tons by Susan Graver in the striated poly that looked like silk (I loved that stuff)... Come on Joan, at best, you're mistaken.

Curvy girls do not look good in Joan's jacket. She even said herself while Ant was wearing it that the front of Ant's jacket was up a little bit, "ummmmpiiiire". Uh, it sure shouldn't be, it should pinch in at the waist not right under the girls. Trussed is a good word, Iris and Ant look very uncomfortable in that thing.

catnappurr

catnappurr

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:55 PM

What about Joan's turquoise blue fingernail polish? At least it looks fresh. That green she had on the week before was old and chipped. Ant looks like she's suffocating in that jacket lol. Bet she can't wait to take it off so she can catch a breath.

Merchant Queen

Merchant Queen

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

RE color-blocking ~~~ I had a beautiful wool dress in red and royal blue, colorblocked on the slant, from shoulder to hem, and I remember Exactly when I had it as it was one of the first dresses I purchased after I was married ~~~ in 1967. I believe that it is safe to say that Joan was not yet "designing" clothing at that time. Colorblocking is always popular and when properly done with a dress, can take inches off of one on the sides (black side panels and lighter color panels in front and back).

GingerJack

GingerJack

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

I will say that at Joan's age she's found a look that works and I can't fault her for that.

I'm not giving Joan a pass. She makes her living talking about fashions on other people. She is held to a higher standard. All I ever see her in are navy or black jackets with black slacks.

What I came to post about was Joan again called Suzanne a MILF. She threw the word bitch around a few times, too. I hardly think that's a good idea when you are selling.

When that person is out of the room, Joan immediately talks s**t about them. I feel sorry for the Q hosts having to work with her. I can only imagine what Joan says about them when the show is over.

Joan is a 2 faced bitch. I doubt she has any real friends because she's not a real friend herself. She shmoozes people to their face then trashes them. I have no doubt she's a demanding diva behind the scenes even at QVC. I hope she's not mean to Antonella. AND, didn't Chanel do colorblocking way before Joan heard of it?

Does anyone know what Hagit Gorali's TSV is going to be?

Edited by GingerJack, Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:42 PM.

rustybones

rustybones

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:29 AM

Saw Joan Rivers with Ant last night but had to turn it off. Ant cackled so loud everytime Joan said something. I didn't want to see her lay an egg. She is one host I wouldn't miss at all. I think QVC is scraping the bottom of the barrel. And why do the "overweight" hosts insist on wearing full skirts that make them like like blimps?

itsirku

itsirku

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

It seems like Joan Rivers is always "on" for her shopping shows -- like standup comedian "on" and I have a hard time watching it mixed with the context of a shopping network.

I think she's funny just doing a comedy bit, I thought her recent documentary was interesting, and I thought she was fun on Kathy Griffin's reality show for her guest appearances. But not so much when shilling her products.

Although I do always think about the episode of My Life on the D-List where Kathy Griffin convinces QVC (?) to let her help host a show with the hope that she can get a sweet deal like Joan Rivers (her own empire, as it were) (or that's the joke anyway...although I'm sure Kathy wouldn't say no).

Last night, I saw a nail polish/remover bit. Apparently the base coat/primer has a matte finish and all kinds of celebrities wear just the primer. Which seems weird to me. Are they afraid their nails will look shiny? Or maybe it hides any "oddities" on your nails so the Paps can't tear you down for "uneven nail tone."

ClassicTV

ClassicTV

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:00 PM

Joan is basically a bully and no one wants to be her victim, so they kiss up.

catnappurr

catnappurr

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

Omgawd I can't believe she called Suzanne a "MILF" again? If I were Suzanne, I would ask not to model when Joan was on. She must have a personal vendetta against Suzanne for some reason? I watched for about an hour and it was sickening watching Joan parade up and down spoofing on all the models while her "pet" David helped her get in and out of her shawls puhleeze. Speaking of Joan her mug is plasted on the internet this afternoon and she was listed as one of the celebrities who's plastic surgery has "gone wrong!" Ahhhh payback is a bitch ain't it Joanie balony.

Did anyone read Jacque's fb wall last night? She posted she had gained weight recently because she is on steroids due to her asthma and people are being very, very cruel and she went on to say how much it hurt her feelings. I feel bad for her because many people are very cruel. The post is gone now. She's deleted it.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:08 PM

Damn I lost a long reply.

I hadn't noticed Jacque gained weight, I think it's the general slovenly appearance she maintains...even Carolyn G seems to have gotten it together lately. On one hand, I don't feel too sorry for Jacque - she's the first one to say "friend me on facebook." This is what happens when you live your life on FB. I'm of that social media generation and even I don't understand why a grown women with kids and a husband is posting personal stuff on FB. Just makes it easier for the crazies to interact with you.

All day beauty this Friday. There are already a few exclusives up that I have my eye on.

Virgo Gal

Virgo Gal

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

Note to Jill: frumpy clothes are still frumpy, even when they are bright colors. I do like her highlights - the lighter hair color is very flattering on Jill.

I can't wait for the HG TSV. Her stuff has wonderful designs and substantial construction and QVC has not made the prices ridiculous yet.

SiouxBee39

SiouxBee39

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:01 PM

The other night Amy was hosting a Denim & Co show. She was showing a pair of cotton stretch capris (which were kind of/sort of cute). She starts listing all the places you could wear these pants and at the end she says "Of course if you get an invitation that said black tie, you couldn't wear these pants."

I stopped in my tracks waiting for her to laugh, guffaw, chuckle.

She did none of those. Because she was serious. Do not wear capris when the invite calls for Black tie.

Thanks Ame - could not figure that one out for myself.

SunShine Gal

SunShine Gal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

What I came to post about was Joan again called Suzanne a MILF.

I don't understand why Joan would think calling her a MILF would be funny. I've heard comedians use that term referring to someone they want to put down, but she's calling Suzanne that. Joan IS a two faced bitch. Staci stopped modeling for Joan awhile back. Maybe Suzanne will make a change soon.

While they were talking about Facebooking on air yesterday, Joan said that she now has 1 million "likes". David seemed surprised and said "really?". (He was on FB duty during the show.) I just checked. Joan's FB page doesn't have 1 million. It has over 116,000 likes, but not anywhere near 1 million. She's lucky there isn't a "dislike" button on that site.

Friday has a Birkenstock TSV planned. It's supposed to be a thong sandal. Damn. I can't wear a thong sandal and was hoping for something strappy I could wear. Lately, I've shopped more on ebay.

I like Jacque. The other day on air, I heard her mention taking steroids for her asthma. I feel sorry for her that she's got people that just want to mess with her on her page.

Edited by SunShine Gal, Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:28 PM.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:19 PM

I've never heard MILF as a putdown - it's a compliment, a very crass one, but one none the less in every context I've ever heard from comediennes. But anywho - get ready for (quoting from the Q homepage) " the tablet everyone wants" the Ipad 2 is tomorrow's TSV. Gag me now. I don't know what the price will be, but it had better be AT least 100 off and free accessories for it to even be considered a deal.

TVFan

TVFan

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:33 AM

I've never heard MILF as a putdown - it's a compliment, a very crass one, but one none the less in every context I've ever heard from comediennes.

Agreed. I could say the same thing about a few of the show hostesses, but those of you who know me and my postings, know I wouldn't use that term here (out of respect for you ladies). I just slop heavenly praise among those I do feel that way about.

Purselover

Purselover

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:53 PM

Friday has a Birkenstock TSV planned. It's supposed to be a thong sandal. Damn. I can't wear a thong sandal and was hoping for something strappy I could wear. Lately, I've shopped more on ebay.

I used to live in Berkies, then my active younger years caught up with me so I switched to what they used to call their "platforms". Same great style, same foot bed but thicker soles. They only had four colors to choose from and I planned to get all four and *poof* gone, no more. Too bad because they provided far more cushioning to the knees and bottom of the feet..... and now I can't go back.

I am so under impressed with the TSV iPad 2 16GB Wifi capable with no mention at all if it gets 3G as well, but QVC's iPad 2 16GB 3G capable with accessories is $849.00.... Apple is selling their 32 GB wifi + 4G for $729.00. Q and speed talker Rickster can keep the 16 GB iPad 2 and the accessories and EZ pay, I'm still not biting. I've already made up my mind and financially I'm half way there. All the accessories I plan to buy is the battery plug and a notebook type cover. The charging plug comes with it. So I figure I can get both of those for under the $120 I'm saving and have a top of the line newest iPad that will last longer before becoming obsolete.

helenahandbsket

helenahandbsket

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 5:18 PM

What I came to post about was Joan again called Suzanne a MILF.

I'm so over Joan. She's an ugly old bitch. I find the MILF tag offensive. That term came from the porn industry and is skanky crass and ugly. That's why Joan USES IT. To get a reaction of shock and surprise. Nothing flattering about it at all. A compliment would be "she's beautiful". Not "what a MILF".

Some woman was on HSN yesterday with huge glasses and her hair pulled back selling huge, honking, ugly jewelry. Her name might be Joan Boyce. She seems to think she's royalty. She waved her hand a couple times like she was giving Bill permission to leave her presence. And, she claimed that some of her pieces should be in an art gallery. Then how come I've never heard of her before. I asked my friend who is almost a jewelry hoarder and she's never heard of her either. Everything she had looked like crystals that would pop off after a few wearings.

BlueJayne

BlueJayne

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

That's why Joan USES IT. To get a reaction of shock and surprise.

Exactly!!! For some 20 years Joan has packaged herself to QVC customers as a lady. That sure went out the window over the last couple of years. I wouldn't wear anything from her now if you paid me.

She's lucky there isn't a "dislike" button on that site.

BWAH!

Nancy Hornback and one of the new hosts was on last night. Nancy looked to the new host to do most of the selling while Nancy played around. They sure aren't putting much training into these new people. Nancy included. They both stumbled over what OstroBlue Topaz is. I've heard the story a dozen times myself from QVC and know it backwards and forwards now. It was probably on their blue cards but they never bothered to look. Trying to get people involved, Nancy invited us several times to talk to them on Facebook during the show. Twenty minutes in and Nancy was still asking for FB posters to comment or ask questions. After 40 minutes she checked back on FB and announced that no one had posted... anything. LOL. They reach 90 million homes and not one reply? Ooops!

Edited by BlueJayne, Apr 12, 2012 @ 6:28 PM.

msani19

msani19

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 6:51 PM

Is the TSV really an iPad 2 for $699???? I know, I know, it comes with ACCESSORIES and Easy Pay. Squeal. For the old technology for over $700? Are they out of their minds. Is the allure the easy pay? The same 16gb iPad 2 with wifi you can get from Apple for less than $400 (which I believe is all the Apple is selling of the 2 now anyway).
I got the new iPad from Apple, got my accessories from Amazon, and it still came I under $700. So what exactly am I getting from the Q. I was flipping past and saw this and stopped because my lying eyes could not believe what they were seeing. Plus it's not even 8pm and this is the final presentation.
*turning channel*