Shopping Channel Shows

• Please log in to reply

65179 replies to this topic

kebayagirl

kebayagirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 4:42 PM

OK, whoever curious about Patti Reilly need to check out her Facebook. She has a new boy toy, posted the picture on her FB.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 7:41 PM

Yes - the Logo TSV is as bad as I imagined.

The Ho has all day beauty programming - however I went and looked at the products and it looks like they have been showing the same 15 products all day. They do that often. While the Q programming gets repetitive, at least they 'appear' to be presenting different goods. The Ho, not so much. I've noticed the HO also spends a lot of time on one product. They will have 4 products per hour vs/ the Q's usual 8 or 9.

Darbar

Darbar

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Shopper gal, you're right about that. I swear the Ho showed the same Martha Stewart crafting items all day long. All they seemed to have was the glitter stuff and punches.

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:54 PM

Imagine this as new shopping joolery! Hey, at least it's not fucking drusy ...

http://travel.yahoo....-slavery--.html

AlwaysOnCue

AlwaysOnCue

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 4:09 AM

I had to laugh at Carolyn (I have this) Gracie the other day during a Steel-By-Design show. She was selling something on clearance that normally cost $50. I can't recall what the clearance price was but we all know QVC doesn't take much off the price even when on clearance. They're cheap like that. Anyway, Carolyn told us that we were so lucky because she had the item and she had to pay the full $50 for it. Does she not realize that we all know they get 30% off their purchases?

I agree that the Ho replays the same products often throughout the day. I see they showed the Ruby Crystal Nail System several times during their beauty day yesterday. In case anyone is wondering, that kit is fantastic for I think about $22. I'll have to remember to pick up a few when December rolls around. It would make a great little gift combined with some nail polish.

Plumbago Blue

Plumbago Blue

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:33 AM

Never saw the TSV but did catch a few minutes (long enough) of Lori G. for the first time. Indeed, when I first turned it on I wasn't facing the tv screen and actually thought it was Diane G. from the Ho speaking. EXACT same bored, holier and hipper than thou monotone inflection and accent and even the same, tired lines...right down to the "you'll look like a rock star." Yeah. Perfect for us aging boomers.

baylark

baylark

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:49 AM

If I hear Jane R.Tracey say ONE MORE TIME that she wears an extra small I am going to kick my tv screen in. She ALWAYS throws that in there when presenting clothes. I am sorry Jane you are a LIAR. We can see that your big FAT ASS and wide hips would NEVER fit into a medium let alone extra small. Does she think we cant see her fat ass from where we are sitting in the room watching her on TV? I laugh and then groan everytime I hear her claim she is an XS and it is all the time. Just wonder if this bothers anyone else? Even if she did wear an xs back in her ballerina days that ship and( size for that matter!) has clearly sailed!!!!

marshmallowpeep

marshmallowpeep

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 3:05 PM

JRT is definitely not an XS. Not even a Misses XS. I saw her hosting with Gravuh last night and she looked even heavier (in the hips) than usual. Who is she foolin'?

sib5

sib5

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 5:11 PM

I wanted to see JRT in the TSV yesterday -- that could NOT have flattered her hips. (Nor most of us, I'll admit.)

I felt so bad for Jackie, the "Large" model today, during the George Simonton show. They dressed her in a white top with his huge black palazzo pants (item they were selling)and then put a WIDE black belt around her waist. Ugh!! Then they had the nerve to say how nice she looked. Being a size Large myself, I was hollering "no she doesn't" at the TV set.

cosmic1

cosmic1

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 5:17 PM

JRT is definitely not an XS. Not even a Misses XS. I saw her hosting with Gravuh last night and she looked even heavier (in the hips) than usual. Who is she foolin'?

They probably have some minions come in and sew new labels into her royal highness's clothes so she can make that outrageous claim. LOL. Like 'no more wire hangers!' , 'clothes must be x-small!'. I can totally see Joan Crawford in JRT.

The same minions then sneak in Carolyn 'I have that' Gracie's closet and sew in tags that say 'Large.'

That Logo TSV was terrible looking. Hobo chic at its finest.

niftyfifty

niftyfifty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 5:38 PM

Gotta say this.....if JRT is a XS in the behind...so am I and that is simply not true. I feel badly for her as her shape is so unproportional. I think she may be an XS on the top. Maybe an XL on the bottom. I saw her showing the Clarks TSV last night and the legs looked like tree trunks....sorry Jane.
That being said, I am so grateful that I don't have to go in front of a TV camera.....

Kathcart

Kathcart

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

Mary Beth just said "People will ask you where you got it"; I think they'll be asking WHY you got it.

Snort! So true! That thing was bad. I saw the kickoff at midnight and the stupid dope who DESIGNED that garment was standing there looking like a circus clown in it -- what does that tell you?

I have been cracking up about the "It Cosmetics"/Ruth Buzzi comparisons. Now I can't look at her without laughing! I saw her this morning and the first thing I thought was "Well, hey, Ruth Buzzi, how you doin'?" I am on board with whoever upthread mentioned how annoying that woman is. I'm sure she's a lovely individual but I have never been able to watch her very long because of that weird stuff she does with her mouth. Where do they GET these people? And that ugly hairstyle! No offense to Ruth Buzzi but U-G-L-Y. Why would you wear your hair in a way that accentuates your giant weird forehead??

I am curious about how many brands of pore minimizers there are on the shopping channel shows. And they're all the BEST! Pbbbbt.

caminlaca

caminlaca

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

sib5, I had to the same reaction to 'large' Jackie during the GeorgeS show. Speaking of George, his long skirt with shorter hem in front was as unflattering as the LOGO top. Looks like the wearer has a gut which has pulled up the lower edge. Only upside: if walking up steps perhaps no need to pull up the hem with your hand to prevent stepping on it.

Interesting comment by Steve Mahoney when JRT asked him if he had QVC app on his phone (for purchasing purposes). His 'query': 'Do I have to lie?' He went on to say he had the croissants in his freezer, Dyson vac...other Q products...to prove he shops there. But asking what he did seemed to substantiate that vendors may be told to 'fib' to provide an acceptable commentary. (Over on HSN, Diane told us she never lies!)

Edited by caminlaca, Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:35 PM.

catnappurr

catnappurr

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 7:19 AM

Leah looks really nice this a.m. I love the purple on her. I agree JRT is NOT an xs. She is looking hippier than ever these days. Louis D's. wife cracks me up the way she models. Get her out of there already lol.

Aerohalen

Aerohalen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 7:22 AM

Being that JRT is half Italian,why doesnt she shove that down our throats?Isnt she proud of that half?

Purselover

Purselover

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

Re It Cosmetics.... I don't understand the severity of the vendor's hair either, very unflattering. I was just thinking how much better that severe hair style would look with bangs. By the way, they are selling the e.x.a.c.t eyebrow product that Models Prefer used to sell... exactly down to the formulation, case and eyebrow brush! I know, I used MP for years and tried It recently. Except that MP had a tapered round end and It has an oblong end (why I don't know because it makes application harder). But the rep said that It spent THREE years in research developing the eyebrow product and dispensing system! This has to be a lie. They bought out the MP eyebrow product and rights when MP went out of business! I've stopped using MP when my stock was used up and stopped using It because it wears off mid-day without a setting powder (just like MP). I'm sick of being lied to.

Re Jane. I've watched The Elf for at least 20 years and remember her saying back in the day that she was an extra small. I believed her then because she was very tiny. She's not tiny now and she's still telling us she's an extra small. Come on, there's at least 25 extra lbs not being accounted for. Again, I'm sick of being lied to.

Louis D's. wife cracks me up the way she models. Get her out of there already lol.

I enjoy his more classic styling and don't mind his shows, but his wife looks like she thinks she's there to show the mere Q models how a "real" model works. There's an attitude there that should be addressed by someone.

Fishyswa

Fishyswa

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 4:29 PM

One of the models (Kate) that's been showing the QVC Today's Special hot rollers looks like a spittin' image of Melanie Griffith - and not in a good way. She has the same weird overplumped lips like Melanie Griffith.

caminlaca

caminlaca

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

Colleen may have been gushing over the Curations ensemble she was wearing last night but, IMO, it did her no favors. Way too much fabric.

Mary Beth Roe's new 'do is becoming on her. Unfortunately, on my very old TV, the color is a funky shade of gold-green. :( I know the topic's been beat to death but I'd like to see Lisa in a similar style.

rustybones

rustybones

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 7:31 AM

Just when we could breathe a sigh of relief that he was resting comfortably in his dirt-lined bed, he makes a two-hour long appearance last night with LR. Fondling everything with his lily-white hands and telling the models and LR which colors to model. Yuck.

papiermache

papiermache

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

The fashion of the Curations line is for stick thin young women who want to look a little unkempt. Colleen has a beautiful curvy figure and yeah, even she looks fat in those clothes.

Virgo Gal

Virgo Gal

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

Did anyone see the website the other day when they were having an all day event (for this nonsense they did give us 24 hours of programming) of my favorite things or something as silly? They showed all the female hosts in a variety of sporty and casual clothes and there, in the upper left hand corner, was a full length shot of JRT in a red, June Cleaver, shirtdress. Straight out of 1958 - which made me think, maybe she is just wearing her late mother's clothes. If the picture had been taken in another - as a 1958 housefrau, not as a current-day TV personality - it would have been fine. It struck me as weird and glaringly out of place with all the other pictures.

As someone of Italian heritage, I am personally thrilled that Jane does not acknowledge that side of her family.

I saw Carolyn on earlier today. It does look like she has lost weight. Her hair was even combed.

Merchant Queen

Merchant Queen

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

Her hair was even combed.

This just cracked me up. Like, when she was heavier, she was thinking, what the hell difference does it make whether or not I comb my hair, and now that she is or at least appears to be thinner, it has improved her basic hygiene somewhat. Now I am hoping that she Never lifts her shirt up and shows us her jellyrolls and muffintops.

I personally am WAY tired of This Day and That Day on the Q. Why not just have normal days with a variety of shows and make sure that there is at least One hour of Jewelry per day. And while they are at it, only ONE purse TSV per month, and ONE computer TSV per month, and only ONE clothing TSV per week, and AT LEAST one Jewelry TSV every two weeks, and just dump I-Suck completely. Only ONE visit from Joan Rivers per month too. And None of the above can be back-to-back weeks, at the end of mone month and then at the beginning of the next month. So There.

Purselover

Purselover

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 1:56 PM

I'm convinced that Carolyn is indeed slowly losing weight, I'm seeing it in her face and she may always have a tummy and rear (she wouldn't be the first), but I believe it's all reducing and good for her. She even mentioned counseling with Lurch Robbins about losing weight.... which I believe in and of itself is a total waste of money. Can't stand the man or his double talk. He came out with psycho babble and has done exceedingly well for himself financially. I just remember Steve Bryant and his slobbering love affair with Lurch and what an awful career move he made because of it. A few infomercials years ago and poof.... But the Q is dragging the giant out of his seminar mode to push his stale CD's for over $250 a bundle. No thanks.

One more lie I caught today regarding the Apple IPad2, which Q is offering. Dan Hughes said that Apple never discounts their product so getting it on the Q with the added (cheap) accessories was a terrific deal. News Flash Dan.... Apple is offering all their iPad2 products at a reduction of approx. $100 each! OH, and now the Q is offering the new iPad3 with equally cheap accessories. Imagine all the customers who bought the 2 off the Q because of EasyPay and the fact they needed EasyPay in order to purchase (when the 3 wasn't available on the Q). All the customers who would have preferred buying the 3 and now it's too late for them. I'm finding all this dishonesty to be wearing and now I'm more suspicious than ever of the Q. I used to be a Q cheerleader.... so to have fallen this far into the abyss of negativity has even surprised me.

SiouxBee39

SiouxBee39

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 4:51 PM

Jill is such a frump I can't stand it. She is selling Affinity diamonds and is wearing a blue top with either red or coral pants. Just awful. Her and her love of brights. And her short stumpy fingers do not do the rings justice. Also the bracelets look terrible on her. She was modeling the set of three weekend bangles and they looked so out of place on her; she needs to leave the modeling to the models. She has not an ounce of glamor to her. Nor an ounce of charisma. Simply charmless. On the topic of those bangles, I purchased them on Big Bonanza Silver Day for $330.00 and change. I have to say I love them and they are beautiful but definitely the priciest thing I have ever ordered from the Q (still questioning myself over it) but today they are up to $398.00. Yikes. Maybe I got a bargain after all :)

etherbunny51

etherbunny51

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 5:53 PM

I heard Jill say that she made a resolution to herself for the Spring that she is going to wear more colors and after reading her Facebook page, the Q viewers are commenting that by doing so it makes her look younger. :)

cushty one

cushty one

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 6:56 PM

Being that JRT is half Italian,why doesnt she shove that down our throats?Isnt she proud of that half?

Hello everyone! Long-timer lurker! Had to comment on the statement re JRT and her I-am- more-Irish-than-you routine. I don't even think she is half-Irish. I remember in one of the Christmas shows with her daughters her saying they were going to make a German dessert for their grandfather. She mentioned that at Christmas the shoes were taken away and that was a German custom. If anything, she is more Italian than anything else. She never seems to mention that, though.
Thanks for all the entertainment. The writing and insight here is fabu!

Edited by cushty one, Apr 1, 2012 @ 7:46 PM.

selhars

selhars

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 1:56 AM

Happened to be up early A.M., and caught a VT Luxe accessories show. YUK. So far (between channel surfing) I've seen a shoulder wrap, a necklace/enhancer w/ chain, a scarf and sunglasses. Ugly and over-priced sum it up. This is just bad. And one of the TWO Luxe reps, some Asian guy, is HORRIBLE! Everything is chic, or fashionable, or trendy, or classic. Not to mention versatile, glamorous, tasteful and perfect for any occasion. I've never thought of sunglasses as being 'luxurious' -- but he told me they were. And before the presentation was over the hostess said they were chic. This MAY have been the worst presentation of the worst products I've seen in a while. I don't know who these VT Luxe guys are or what this brand is, but they and it are bad.

Edited by selhars, Apr 2, 2012 @ 1:59 AM.

govgirl

govgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 6:39 AM

Poor Lisa drew the short straw last night having to host with Gravuh, but I think the Q has finally found a way to suppress SG somewhat: Lisa's voice was much louder than Susan's during the presentations, so someone must have fiddled with Susan's microphone. Plus I noticed Susan didn't mumble and try to talk over Lisa the way she does with other hosts. And, I never heard LR stop the show to order any of SG's items like she does with practically every show she's on.

New promo and graphics for the AM Style show start next week: "Fashionably Early with Jayne and Pat." Now WHY should Jayne's name get top billing? Pat was at the Q waaaaay longer than Jayne.

SassySenior

SassySenior

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:19 AM

Thank heavens they monkied with Gravuh's mike. Her dreck jewelry was making all sorts of unpleasant sounds rubbing against it. The sound man was probably going deaf. At least there was one major truthful comment during the presentation... the duchess outright stated she wasn't going to be wearing the "on trend", "hot, hot, hot", colored denim jeans! NO KIDDING!!! How will she promote them when they do appear in one of her shows??? Well, I'm sure the princess of promotions will come up with some sort of catchy "gimmick".

Hoofharted

Hoofharted

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:59 AM

I was driving by the Paula Deen Smithfield Ham segment and happened to hear the very end. She had the balls to say that she "was recently diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes". I guess her idea of 3 years is recent. And to have both David and Rick fawn all over her and say they trust her astounds me. To me, that is a very sleazy selling tactic. The video is still up and her comment is toward the end. Item M23586. And the woman wonders why some of us treat her "mean." The more the Q does, the less it will get of my hard earned money.

That show with the Duchess and Dotty was absolutely horrid. Woman would.not.shut.up. Lisa finally dropped some of her host decorum and started talking over her. Susan, if you don't have anything new to say STFU. S/H isn't going down- they made part of their profit Q4 on the S/H. Speaking to Lisa's numerous comments about her thighs, I personally think they look better than her legs from the knee down-those things she really needs to keep covered.

Since Grabit Gracie has been going to Tony Robbins for weight loss advice,I have to wonder if she'll be picking up the phone soon and calling Glenn Beck's show for his and his audience's input. Rush would be of no help,obviously.