Charla & Mirna: TAR 5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4294 replies to this topic

Snail

Snail

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 28, 2010 @ 2:27 PM

Just wondering if anyone has updates on Charla and Mirna. Do the cousins talk to each other? They were one of my favorite teams to watch.

olvidado

olvidado

Fanatic

• Interests:Fave shows: The Wire, Treme, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Suits, House of Lies, Bleach, Soul Eater, Space Dandy, FLCL
    Fave music: Soul, R & B, Rock 'n Roll (punk to prog), J-Rock

Fave sports teams: San Francisco Giants/49ers; Oakland Raiders; Houston Texans; Mercedes Benz AMG Petronas F1

and...

Cats, electric guitars, songwriting, photography, my girlfriend and her daughter.

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 1:30 PM

I stopped watching this show after they were eliminated...I did find this, though. Hope it helps!

starrynight71

starrynight71

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

I was just watching this series and I'm thinking about stopping watching it now because of their elimination, mainly because of Mirna really. I love big characters like that who are funny, determined and have some intelligence too. Charla did her best, but with small feet (slow) and small stomach (eating contests) there were obvious disadvantages. The whole issue based thing that this American series concentrates on (in this case about midget people) doesn't interest me so much, I prefer if it concentrate just on the people as individual characters than as representing types or groups of people or issues around them. Mirna certainly stands as a classic TAR contestant on that basis I think.

Damn, I got spoiled searching for 'Mirna' on another forum. Apparently she was in an allstars season too and did really well. Oh well even though I know how she finished on that now I'll probably have to watch it still as I expect she will be just as entertaining.

Edited by starrynight71, Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:25 PM.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 6:02 PM

Mirna stayed about who she was. Charla was very toned down.

fredfunk

fredfunk

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 13, 2013 @ 7:57 PM

It TPTB ever do a TAR mash-up, I would love to see Charla & Mirna teamed up with Will & Gary from season 21. What a hot mess...!