Glark

Glark

Posted Jun 8, 2004 @ 8:30 PM

Post-PH talky!

mathteacher

mathteacher

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 9:36 AM

Good morning folks. How is everyone surviving the move to PH land? (Sorry. I am only slightly bitter. Can I get warned or banned for the bitterness?)

We need a question of the day. If one actor/actress could join the OTH cast, who would you want it to be and in what role? I have to think about this ebfore I can decide. I'll talk to you guys later.

Maybe I should just start calling JOry's coaches Dan. It would probably annoy them and amuse me. SOunds petty and childish.....but sometimes I'm 12.

Edited by mathteacher, Jun 9, 2004 @ 9:37 AM.

Gates

Gates

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 9:55 AM

I would want Scarlett Johansson to play the "Perpetually Naked and Wet High School Girl" But I'd want to hold an open audition. Just to be fair.

SunMoonStar

SunMoonStar

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 10:58 AM

I haaate that there are no reruns this summer damn it! I only started watching late in the season, I want to see the early episodes! I read the recaps, I wanna see them nooow... Which brings me to my next issue...

How completely disconcerting to take my usual late morning break, come to TWoP and NOT find OTH in the forums scroll thingy at the top.

Same here!

I'm floored! A world without ragdoll's recaps is like... world without sunshine! That's not good! Says the girl sweating profusely due to the scorching heat, but still! *sniffles* I think I need a huug... *grabs on to aim away messages with oth recap quotes*

Gates

Gates

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 11:22 AM

I think that they need to bring in another female character. They already have Nate, Lucas, Jake, Tim, Skills, Mouth, Dan, Keith, Whitey, and Larry Sawyer, but the only female leads are Karen, Deb, Brooke, Haley, and Peyton. I think a new hot chick needs to be thrown into the fold. To keep balance. Or a quirky female lead to offset Mouth.

lenfaz

lenfaz

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 11:25 AM

I think that they need to bring in another female character

You have your reasons, I have mine

And also, Eric Bana dressed like Héctor. He can hook up with Deb... mmmm Héctor...mmmm

Edited by lenfaz, Jun 9, 2004 @ 11:26 AM.

Glark

Glark

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 11:26 AM

There's no Meet Markets for single-thread shows.

The primary reason OTH was PH'ed was because the only thread that was really active was the MM thread (or rather, the show talk was dead). Since the MM threads are off-topic threads it didn't take a genius to see there wasn't a lot of OTH talk going on. So the show was PH'ed and with it goes the MM, the Tape Swap, etc. We're not in the business of supporting off-topic blather for its own sake. The MM threads are a bonus we add to the show forums. The traffic they generate have zero influence on whether a show stays or goes.

So no, there will be no meet market inside this thread which is impossible anyways. It's a single thread.

No, there will be no 'special' MM link for OTH.

That's it. Please get on topic. The topic is "One Tree Hill". Thanks.

If you have any further questions about the section, the recaps or whatnot not answered in the FAQ please ask them in the Forum Feedback thread, not here. I've erased a bunch of posts to keep this on topic.

Edited by Glark, Jun 9, 2004 @ 12:10 PM.

Grimlock

Grimlock

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 12:18 PM

Isn't Sunday's EasyView just for repeats of current shows? In that sense, it makes err.. sense that they're not showing OTH repeats.

I'd like to see Skillz get a storyline next season. Doesn't he go to Tree Hill?

mathteacher

mathteacher

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 12:23 PM

Doesn't he go to Tree Hill?

I pretty sure that he does, since I doubt that Tree Hill has a second high school. At least, we have never heard about one.

I agree with Gates. I would like to see another female adult and another female teen character added to the show. They don't have to be on every episode, but make appearnaces like Tim, Jake, or Larry Sawyer.

healing fish

healing fish

Stalker

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 12:38 PM

I agree that there needs to be a female equivalent of Mouth. Either that or we could just get rid of Mouth altogether, to even things out.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 12:53 PM

SunMoonStar, I wouldn't be surprised if the WB started running some of the early episodes in August/September, just to get people caught up before the start of the new season.

Counse

Counse

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 1:27 PM

Either that or we could just get rid of Mouth altogether, to even things out.

I think they should expand Mouth's role somehow. Mouth's 'scouting report' at the cheer competition was one of the highlights of this season. That character has potential (and so does the actor) if they could figure out how to incorporate him beyond the 'geeky David Silver' slot a la 90210.

I think they need another teen male lead actually. While it's true there's the Rivercourt boys, Jake, Tim et al., all of those characters (possibly with the exception of Jake and he left!) were secondary, recurring characters. The two male leads are Nathan/Lucas. Now that it looks like N/L are getting along - another teen male lead brought in to 'stir things up' could be interesting. Just don't make him the male version of Nikki!

Lysa 06

Lysa 06

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 1:49 PM

Grimlock I think Skillz goes to Tree Hill, because he's always on their campus. I just wished he popped up more than every three episodes just to give Lucas advice.

Anyways, I think this show could use another teen female lead. There's only three girls, and I'd like to see a fresh face. I'm sure there are plenty of other girls who go to Tree Hill than just Peyton, Brooke, and Haley.

ultimategirl

ultimategirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 3:17 PM

I think they need an expanded palette of teen characters of both genders. Not necessarily leads, but of the Tim/Mouth variety. That way they can have friends other than the other few leads, plus it expands the number of possible love interests thus avoiding 90210 levels of incest while using characters that the viewers actually know about and are invested in.

Dinya

Dinya

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 5:30 PM

Wow, I'm shocked. I was at the point where this was the only recap I read on TWOP. If you can't snark on a teen soap from the WB, what can you? Life just got a little duller.

Thanks anyway Ragdoll!

lenfaz

lenfaz

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 6:04 PM

I'm really hoping that Tim would get more screen time next season. i really like his character. It's a nice refresh from all the Scott's drama

Liv3384

Liv3384

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 8:51 PM

I just... I'm at a loss for words. I've been without a computer since I got home from school, and now, I log on only to find my favorite forum (and the recaps) is gone. Alas.

I don't really know what I'm expecting for next season. The marriage thing really threw me. I think I may have actually rather endured a cliffhanger type breakup than that. Either way, bring it on! I can't wait for September to get here.

daidouji

daidouji

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2004 @ 10:50 PM

Ah, darn. I hadn't been posting about the show because there weren't any new episodes.

But if we're talking about hopes for next season, I want to see some of Haley's family. Her parents, some of her siblings (maybe a female character added could be her older sister?)... just show that someone cares about the poor girl! Or show that they don't, which would explain why she got married so hastily.

Bosco

Bosco

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2004 @ 7:52 AM

As I've said before, I want to see Haley's brothers. It'd be great to see them go nuts! over her marriage!

Also,

That way they can have friends other than the other few leads, plus it expands the number of possible love interests thus avoiding 90210 levels of incest while using characters that the viewers actually know about and are invested in.

I was just thinking that!! I mean, there can't be too many more pairings with the characters they have and we all know a teen drama is all about the sex.

Kitten Poker Cheater

Kitten Poker Cheater

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2004 @ 8:14 AM

snip

Edited by Kitten Poker Cheater, Nov 10, 2008 @ 1:50 PM.

Gates

Gates

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2004 @ 9:53 AM

Word, I guess TPTB has already pretty much played out the traditional pairings. That's why I think they need new women on the show. Mouth and Tim, and hey, I know that this is unheard of on most teen dramas, but how about a black female for Skillz? Seriously, There were no black women on the O.C., DC, Everwood, or OTH. Wake up, TPTB, Skillz needs love too. Or hey, hook her up with Lucas. He's done pretty much everybody else. Maybe next season he'll sleep with Deb, and he and Nathan can start fighting again. I can see the dialogue:

CMM: WHat the hell? I thought Nate and I were cool....

Mouth: Umm...you f-ed his mom, dude.

CMM:*squinting* Oh yeah. He's being a real bitch about this, dontcha think?

I could be a little off....

Grimlock

Grimlock

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 10, 2004 @ 10:09 AM

Since this show's being picked up for a second season, I'm curious as to how they'll explain where Haley's family members have been.

Next Time on OTH
Nathan: Hey, so now that we're married, when will I get to meet the in-laws?

Haley: Well..umm.. all of my brothers and sisters are attending colleges overseas so that's why you've never seen them. And my parents..well..they were kind of pooped having to put all of us through college so they decided to go on a long vacation.

Nathan:...Haley, you don't have a family do you?

*Haley shakes her head in embarassment*

lenfaz

lenfaz

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2004 @ 11:07 AM

I guess that meeting Haley's claimed big family could be good, although I can't imagine her parents reaction to the wedding. It's too late to send her to a convent, after all. Also, the supposedly big brothers might wanna beat up Nathan and who's gonna defend him? Jake's gone, so is Lucas, Tim and Mouth are not use. And Skillz, who might be able to put on a good fight, well, I don't think he'd be up for it.
So, we do need some new male characters, when you come to think about it, the only big one we got right now is Baby James.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2004 @ 12:03 PM

Let me see if I can recreate the post the computer ate.

More adults:
*Tim's parents
*Hayley's parent's--But, maybe Hayley is emancipated too which explains how she knows about Nathan emancipating himself. This would explain the no parents, but not the big house unless she inherited it and can afford the upkeep.
*Ma & Pa Scott-follow up to Royal's mysterious visit to Karen.
*Karen's parents

More suitors for Deb & Karen. Maybe Deb will ask Karen to move into her house since it's too big for just her.

Shannen Dougherty needs to return to network tv (no, not you, TNT or TBS) as a school counselor or something in that vein. Of course, Lucas falls for her, but she's fallen for Dan whom she meets while visiting her dying husband-Whitey's son who mysteriously returns to TH. However, Whitey doesn't know his son is back in town.

It was better before, but whatever.

Kitten Poker Cheater

Kitten Poker Cheater

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2004 @ 12:37 PM

snip

Edited by Kitten Poker Cheater, Apr 6, 2014 @ 6:58 PM.

Bosco

Bosco

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2004 @ 9:48 PM

Kpc you had me laughing my ass off for a good five minutes. Shannen should come over and be "the other woman" in the Naley relationship!! And then she can have a threesome with Nathan and Lucas after they all get extremely drunk and Tim starts screwing Haley.

That's the kind of credability I see this show having down the road. I say, bring it on!! I'm not going to stop watching!

Can we still stalk Baby James and The Chad? <pouts> Oh please oh please oh pleeeeeeaase?

lenfaz

lenfaz

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2004 @ 6:58 AM

Can we still stalk Baby James and The Chad?

BabyJames nation... I don't tink we can

I wouldlike to see a Latin American character in OTH. Truth, I'm sided, but I think that the show needs to expand a little. Apparently, they're not the many minorities or ethnic differences in Tree Hill.

Bosco

Bosco

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2004 @ 9:28 AM

Apparently, they're not the many minorities or ethnic differences in Tree Hill.

Well, m'dear, truth be told, there aren't a lot of minorities in small town North Carolina. I lived down there, I should know. It's mostly white Southern Baptists and African-American Southern Baptists. By some stroke of freak luck, I managed to get the blonde hair and blue eyes (Calabrese) and the tanned skin (Sicilian), so I fit right in with the tanned cheerleaders I would hang out with. Tree Hill High is a good representation of the smaller town diversity, sadly enough to say.

Counse

Counse

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2004 @ 11:14 AM

Shannen Dougherty needs to return to network tv (no, not you, TNT or TBS) as a school counselor or something in that vein. Of course, Lucas falls for her, but she's fallen for Dan whom she meets while visiting her dying husband-Whitey's son who mysteriously returns to TH. However, Whitey doesn't know his son is back in town.

This? Love it! And totally plausible since Lucas is a manwhore who has his own 'special' way of welcoming Tree Hill visitors. And just the THOUGHT of how SD will act opposite The Chad and his squint has me smiling!

As for the Whitey connection - has Whitey on the show ever said he has no kids? Just wonderin' He talks about Camille a lot but you never hear about any kids so if he does have kids, I guess they're 'estranged' - which would be a great storyline. The all-wise Woda who is like a father figure to his b-ball players has the same relationship with his kids that Dan has with L/N.

healing fish

healing fish

Stalker

Posted Jun 11, 2004 @ 6:51 PM

However, since every show that Shannen has left started to suck once she left, she would have to stay forever.

On the other hand, it may be a little late for this one.