Pinky and The Brain

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

80 replies to this topic

thecandlemelts

thecandlemelts

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 6:09 PM

This show is still playing episodes? :-O! I thought it dissapeared.

What channel?

And do I recall a musical episode? Where Brain gets trained to dance whenever he hears a bell, and they go outside and hear all sorts of bells. That one was good, though I barely remember it.

H20loo

H20loo

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 6:32 PM

That ep was titled (I think) Pavlov's Mice. And the plot basically revolved around them being lab rats in Pavlov's lab, where instead of drooling at the sound of a bell like a Pavlov dog would, Brain would sing "I'm a little teapot" and Pinky would do that arm-crossed, feet-kicking Russian style of dance. Oy, I cannot believe I remember that.

The SchŽerskŚhÝvÍn - for any ABBA fan (which I am) these episodes were gold. I nearly passed out I was laughing so hard.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 6:43 PM

The SchŽerskŚhÝvÍn - for any ABBA fan (which I am) these episodes were gold. I nearly passed out I was laughing so hard.

Absolutely, with Snowball & Princess (that's the cat's name, right?) and of course, Bobby Bob. And I distinctly remember the band that sang the SchmŽerskŚhÝvÍn was called BAAB, a pretty obvious anagram of ABBA. I also can't believe I rememeber this

This 3 part arc also had the episode where Pinky & The Brain were drugged and were imprisoned in the Hat Village, with Brain as Porkpie, and Pinky as Fez, in a great parody of The Prisoner. There was also some Invasion of the Body Snatchers thrown in too when they find Bob Denver among the Hat People and does that screech when he hears about Pinky & Brain trying to escape.

Wasn't Snowball just the perfect nemesis for Brain?

cjl

cjl

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 10:57 PM

Wasn't Snowball just the perfect nemesis for Brain?

Oh he was, he was. Roddy McDowell was the perfect voice as well. No less erudite, but the exact opposite of the rich, plummy tones of Brain's Welles-ian voice. My favorite Snowball story was when he impersonated Bill Gates and gained ownership of 51% of planet Earth, beating Brain to the world-domination punch and sending our favorite hypercephalic lab rat into a spiral of despair. Mmmm. Good times.

lidja

lidja

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2006 @ 12:24 AM

It was pointed out in The Wall Street Journal that Pinky and the Brain is part of AOL's broadband video service, In2TV. Its free (at the moment) and legal, though the computer specifications are quite specific.

I haven't got all the specifics figured out yet, but I believe its a video streaming service rather than a download service. There may also be some short commercials in the video feeds.

ETA: Unfortunately it looks like they only have 10 episodes on hand.

Edited by lidja, Mar 26, 2006 @ 12:41 AM.

mangaqueen

mangaqueen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2006 @ 6:58 PM

OH my god...I friggin' loved this show.

Pinky to this day remains one of my all time favorite characters.

tabbystar7

tabbystar7

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2006 @ 3:03 PM

That's it! For the life of me I could not remember the name of the song. I just remember loving those episodes beyond reason.

Nflux Forever

Nflux Forever

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 1:20 AM

Big news, everyone.

caper24

caper24

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 10:05 AM

Does anyone know the name of the episode where P&tB are in medieval times and Brain steals a wizard's wand? Notable quotes include:

Charlie Sheen, Ben Vereen, shrink to the size of a lima bean! - The Brain's favourite spell

Genius Brain! But what if the dragon eats us?
That would alter our plans.

No good will come of this. - The Brain

Colonel Green

Colonel Green

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 12:25 PM

This was some funny shit. Their takeoff on "The Third Man" was priceless.

"It was in Vienna, just after the war; I don't remember which war, but it was right after it."

This show was loaded with pop culture references that elementary-schooler me didn't understand, but I suddenly understand years later.

Another great episode was Brain's attempt to travel around the world in 80 days, thus winning leadership of some exclusive British club, which is a stepping-stone to becoming Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (this episode is set in Victorian times).

Schroeder

Schroeder

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2006 @ 7:13 PM

Big news, everyone.

*throws hands in the air*

Finally!

As the link says, it's been four months since they announced it was coming out on DVD this summer, and I was refusing to think about it, for fear that if I expected it, they'd push it back or something.

Sweet jebus! It's time for some taking over of the world!

dogonfire

dogonfire

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2006 @ 8:48 PM

Has anyone seen the episode of "Freakazoid!" with the Pinky and the Brain cameo. I won't spoil it except to say it was a parody of "Quantum Leap."

Also, on a DVD extra from "Comic Book: The Movie," Maurice LaMarche and Rob Paulson are speaking to a convention about Pinky & the Brain (one of the few chances to see them speak in the voices, if you're interested). Maurice mentions something about a live-action movie version of the show using computerized mice. It's been a few years so I'm assuming that idea has been scrapped. Anyone know for sure?

cjl

cjl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2006 @ 3:30 PM

Back from page 17! YYYYYYYYES!

Dove into my P&tB DVD the other day, and went straight for the "Are You Pondering what I'm Pondering?" featurette with Maurice LaMarche, Rob Paulsen, and Andrea Romano (with Tom Ruegger offering sly side commentary). So many great stories about the origins of P&tB, how much fun they all had doing the show, and a couple of sniffles for composer Richard Stone, who scored the series in classic Carl Stalling fashion.

My favorite story is how Maurice came up with the voice of the Brain. He was always doing an Orson Welles imitation around the set, especially Welles' infamous voice-over session (that they eventually parodied), and one day he simply kept doing the voice when he started reading the script. It didn't take very long for Romano and the producers to realize that the voice was perfect. The entire concept came together in the space of two weeks, and everybody knew P&tB was something special.

Took time to see "Snowball," "Tokyo Grows," "Where No Mouse Has Gone Before" and "Brainstem" (Brainstem!). Clinton references aside, it hasn't dated at all.

Narf!

Edited by cjl, Sep 20, 2006 @ 3:37 PM.

Cypher21

Cypher21

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2007 @ 10:03 AM

Anyone else pick up this purchase this week? I wanted to know if anyone knew as to why they just didn't include the Pinky, Elmyra, and the Brain episodes since they charged the same price for less episodes/discs as the Animaniacs sets.

cartoqueen

cartoqueen

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 27, 2007 @ 2:19 PM

Pinky and the Brain is now airing on Toon Disney's Jetix, which I guess is a sort of late-night alternative to The Little Mermaid and Timon and Puumba-type cartoons. The website says it airs at 9:30 on weekdays and 4:30 on weekends, but doesn't specify whether that's Eastern or Central or whatever time. I DVR it for my kids, who are 9 and 7, and it's thankfully replaced Pokemon as their Very Favorite Cartoon Evah.

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

"I think so, Brain, but what sort of rides would they have in Fabioland?"

LOVE.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 12:26 PM

Bring this thread up because Rob and Maurice are on the latest episode of the Nerdist podcast! I've listened to it, and it's hilarious. Not safe for work and/or young ears, but a thoroughly enjoyable 75 minutes.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 3:33 PM

"I think so, Brain, but who would want to pierce Brosnan?"

Twilight Man

Twilight Man

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

"I think so, but where would you get a chicken, 20 yards of spandex and smelling salts at this hour?"

westwinger247

westwinger247

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

"I think so, Brain, but isn't Regis Philbin already married?"

Edited by westwinger247, Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:17 PM.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

Couldn't resist adding more:

"I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?"

"I think so, Brain, but Kevin Costner with an English accent? I don't know..."

"I think so, Brain, but how will we get a pair of Abe Vigoda's pants?"

"I think so, Brain, but can the Gummi Bears really live in peace with the Marshmallow Chicks?"

The Deej

The Deej

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

Bring this thread up because Rob and Maurice are on the latest episode of the Nerdist podcast! I've listened to it, and it's hilarious. Not safe for work and/or young ears, but a thoroughly enjoyable 75 minutes.

I'm only half way through and this one is going to be a keeper.