Big Brother (UK)

• Please log in to reply

5671 replies to this topic

ToniW

ToniW

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

I really wanted Gareth to win, but I guess he was just too lacking in controversy. I never expected the GBP to choose Denise, though. I thought that she was horrible, but she made for very entertaining television. Looking forward to some fresh faces in the Summer.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:42 AM

Does BBUK have some correlation between seasons with bad casts and ones with good tasks? Rewatching the Australian version recently, I've been getting the impression that that was sort of the case down here, but I was wondering whether it extended to the UK as well?

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

Apparently Sophia from BB10 has died. I didn't watch the early episodes of that so don't know her, but here is a short clip.

Ivana Tinkle

Ivana Tinkle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 12:15 AM

I'm suprised there's no comments on the new season yet; I think it's actually starting off better than last year. As a newbie to BBUK, I'm okay with the change in rules to allow nomination discussion, but it seems to be a pretty controversial change. I think it's definitely stirred things up in the house and caused lots of paranoia.

I like Shievonne, Luke S, Adam, Luke A, and Sara the most so far, and I'm not a fan of Chris at all. He's extremely insecure about his body and voice and his constant need to remind everyone he's a bailiff and has been held hostage is getting annoying.

Lydia annoyed me the first few days (and still does) but the fact that she has single handedly caused nearly every argument in the house is fun to watch. She's quite the shit-stirrer and it makes it entertaining. She has also reached BBUS Russell levels of paranoia in less than a week, which is impressive.

I felt a bit bad for Deana, but you'd think she'd be a bit more understanding to Becky's secret mission seeing as how she herself was put in a shitty position on Day 1 with her own secret mission.

The fight over the sausages was pretty funny to watch because everyone was drunk and emotional and it's hard not to laugh when people are arguing while their faces are covered in smeared makeup (not sure what look they were going for there). Nominations were today, and it looks like
Spoiler
are up for eviction. I'm only sad about one of those.

Edited by Ivana Tinkle, Jun 12, 2012 @ 12:20 AM.

Nena

Nena

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 10:31 AM

I still prefer the UK version to the US one, but damn did they get some boring people in there this year. Even their plotting is mundane.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

I will say the one relationship that interests me is Arron/Deana. They bicker/prank like grade school kids/ Its pretty funny.

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Did they never show Adam and Shievonne's date reward from the ticking bomb challenge? I was looking forward to that as they are my two favorite HMs right now.

Ivana Tinkle

Ivana Tinkle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 12:02 AM

No, they didn't show the date which disappointed me too. I really love both of them! I'm rooting for Shievonne to win this whole thing.

Initially I was okay with the whole talk about nominations, but now I can see why people feel it takes away from the show. Lydia is an awful person, turning against the only people who can even stand to talk to her. First she nominates Deana, and then she says she plans to nominate Adam in the future. Adam, the same person who she chose as her favorite houseguest less than a week before. The nominations talk now dominates the episodes, and I feel there aren't as many laughs as last year because everyone is so busy plotting.

I feel like Benedict is going to go because the show definitely seems to be portraying him as very condescending, while Lauren is portrayed as somewhat of a victim. However, I can see what people are saying because she definitely needs constant confirmation that she's a good person. It probably gets tiring having to consistently console her and bring her back up.

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 1:10 AM

Initially I was okay with the whole talk about nominations, but now I can see why people feel it takes away from the show.

Yeah, someone mentioned how they missed when they were caught talking about nominations and they would then Big Brother would repeat the conversation to the whole house. I miss it too.

Forgot to say that I wanted to see Adam's date with Shievonne WHILE HE WAS WEARING HIS MASSIVE HANDS. Missed opportunity, Big Bruv. (Speaking of, Becky seems to be trying to replicate Alex's airhead personality from last series.)

qurtalain

qurtalain

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 6:48 AM

I feel like Benedict is going to go because the show definitely seems to be portraying him as very condescending, while Lauren is portrayed as somewhat of a victim.

To be honest, I don't think Benedict is doing himself any favours. How he manages to sound so self-righteous and take the moral high ground when talking about masturbating in the shower, I don't know, but he came across incredibly condescending and a bit of a twerp really. Lauren seems very mopey and victimised. Her instant reaction of tears and 'why don't girls ever LIKE me?' as if the whole world is against her must be quite draining to be around. I hope grows out of it.

One of the reasons I find BB difficult to watch is the amount of bitching and talk of nominations. I can't keep up with the different cliques and who's telling who about nominations. Can no one keep a secret? They all run their mouths to whoever they are sitting next to!

Also Lydia is a shit-stirrer and only now they are cottoning on? Man, they are dumb. Or maybe they think she's a useful ally for now. Deanna comes across quite thick to me. She's a pretty face and I'm sure I've seen her in some Asian clothing catalogues but I'm not sure all the lights are switched on in there.

Ivana Tinkle

Ivana Tinkle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 11:59 PM

I really loved the scientist/lab rat task. I think BBUK has way better competitions than BBUS. Did Ashleigh seriously think Justin Bieber would actually fly all the way to England just to perform for thirty seconds on BB? That kid didn't even look anything like Bieber, although it's no surprise Ashleigh is a Bieber fan.

I'm beginning to really dislike Scott, especially after finding out that his "bereavement" was actually his sister passing away and he still decided to go back to the game. Ugh.

I have to admit, Benedict's diary room impersonations were spot on and hilarious. Now I kinda want him to stay since Lauren continues to just sit around and mope and hope people will feel sorry for her. She really must be exhausting to be around.

Lydia targeting Shievonne is pure jealousy, because she sees she's one of the more popular housemates. Both she, Adam, and Conor have gone two weeks without being nominated (if you don't count Deana's nomination of Conor) and I feel Lydia is extremely perceptive and has managed to figure out who's nominated who, or just outright asked. She's clearly trying to plant seeds of doubt, and let's hope it comes back to bite her. Fortunately, Deana's not the brightest bulb so nothing will probably come of it.

Edited by Ivana Tinkle, Jun 21, 2012 @ 12:00 AM.

Nena

Nena

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

So glad the nomination talk is off the table again. Watching them punished for talking about it is infinitely more entertaining than watching them talk about it.

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Gutted Benedict went. Even though sometimes I found him tiresome, I always found him interesting.

viftrup

viftrup

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 6:15 PM

For me it goes:

Yay: Sara (but get her away from the clique), Lydia (she seems smart - and hates practically everybody), Lauren, Luke A, Deana

Meh: Adam, Shievonne, Caroline, Becky

Ugh: Conor, Arron, Luke S, Ashleigh...Those four are horrendous, and I'm surprised that Big Brother hasn't intervened in regards to the bullying. It's even worse than back in the Halfwit-days! They are really mean and spiteful!

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 12:33 AM

Ugh. After this past episode, about ready to give up on this group. On the whole, there is just too much ugly and viciousness. It's not even been a month!

Nena

Nena

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

Something needs to be done about Conor. Discussing how much you want to punch and sexually assault another housemate shouldn't be let go with a simple "hey, you know that's inappropriate, right?" warning.

qurtalain

qurtalain

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 5:58 AM

Something needs to be done about Conor. Discussing how much you want to punch and sexually assault another housemate shouldn't be let go with a simple "hey, you know that's inappropriate, right?" warning.

Agreed. Geez, the voice of BB needs to toughen up and read the riot act to that bozo. Same for Arron who was utterly contemptuous of BB and didn't think he was in the wrong at all. Prick. On BBBOTS, they said Conor spent a long time in the diary room talking it over with BB but did the penny actually drop? I'm not sure.

Ugh: Conor, Arron, Luke S, Ashleigh...Those four are horrendous,

They are horrid but I think Ashleigh did speak up for Deanna after the eating task and said not to blame the entire task on her. She sounded like the lone voice of sanity in that moment. I think Caroline is far worse. A nasty, mean spiteful bitch.

If the rest of the group of Luke A et al are going to be picked off, it's going to be really dull and predictable. Unless the main group turn on each other and implode.

viftrup

viftrup

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 8:39 AM

Same for Arron who was utterly contemptuous of BB and didn't think he was in the wrong at all. Prick.

I love that they tried to reason with Arron using child's logic ("You have a lot of friends, but imagine if you didn't have a lot of friends - how would you feel?"), and he STILL didn't quite get it!!

Ivana Tinkle

Ivana Tinkle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

I can't believe how much my opinion has changed of these people in such a short time. Just as I was beginning to really warm up to Conor he goes and makes those disgusting comments against Deana. Telling someone you want to shove something up their ass and punch them and kick them down should have gotten more than a simple reprimand from Big Brother. Shievonne has also gotten to be a bit aggressive and has started to blow up over the smallest things. Caroline has become a vile, whiny brat. The things she says are really appalling, and I think she's the fakest person in there. I can't stand her telling everyone "No I literally think you're a great person. Honestly." in the most monotone voice imaginable. Not to mention her over misuse of the word "literally".

I don't understand why Deana is so hated. She seems pretty inoffensive to me so I don't understand how they can get so worked up over her.

I think the only people I still like are Sara, Lauren, Luke A, and Adam (although I can see how some of his comments toward women could be seen as a bit inappropriate). Ashleigh's jealousy of Lauren is unbelievable. From what I've seen Lauren's done nothing to her other than be pretty and get along with the boys.

So bummed Benedict went. I did find him to be a little patronizing, but I think he brought some order to the house. Now with him gone they're all like a bunch of kids hopped up on sugar whose parents aren't around.

Edited by Ivana Tinkle, Jun 26, 2012 @ 11:01 PM.

blimey

blimey

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 10:09 AM

I can see why sometimes Deana can be annoying but yeah, Arron and Connor are way over the line. It's like they can't get over it. What a bunch of pricks.

I love Lydia to bits though. She's just so clueless as to how to even play this game. The girl's just angry at everyone! I don't think she'll beat Deana in the voting this week, but she's fun to watch. She's made to lose this game and she feels like she's winning because the public love underdogs.

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 1:47 AM

First Conor's disgusting comments and now Caroline's racist remarks...why is Big Brother being so lenient (and why is Bits on the Side always seeming to cover these things up?)

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 8:13 AM

I think the show wants to sell itself to what they think of as an audience who is waiting for an edgier version of TOWIE, Made in Chelsea, et al. They want to have lowest common denominator people in the house who are so "real" and who will be disgusting and dirty, who will generate enough attention to cause more viewers. The problem is these people are usually unpleasant, uncharismatic, and toxic, they kill the house atmosphere, and the show becomes so obsessed with shutting down those in the house or those viewers who threaten their plan, that everything goes by the wayside. This happened last year when scat king Jay wasn't the icon they wanted him to be, and now it's the same this year when their favorites are considered to be repulsive by many viewers. They are basically just doing another variation of being shocked that the uncool types have any fans, and editing episodes to drive this point home, but the ratings are now so anemic that all they do is cater to an ever-diminishing audience while longtime fans and casual viewers tune out. I don't think it's a coincidence that ever since the Conor ugliness and the show's attempts to make it look fine, ratings have fallen even further.

Nena

Nena

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

I can't believe BOTS didn't even mention the gorilla incident. If for no other reason, Caroline should be an easier target for them, since she's, at best, on the fringe of the TOWIE crowd they're coddling.

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

This is so disgusting.

Here, BB seemed to me to join in with the misogynous baiting of Deana – though under the type of guise which would doubtless be dismissed by many as “harmless banter”. “Conor doesn’t mince his words,” they commented at the time of his outburst, seeming almost approving. More sinisterly, when a distraught Deana sought a hug from another housemate, they then tweeted, “Yup, a good mounting. That’s all she needed.”

viftrup

viftrup

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 4:22 PM

After watching tonights episode, it seems Deana stuck to her guns about being honest and not giving a flying fuck, what others think - and Luke S is sooooo not having that... it's kinda amazing!

Ivana Tinkle

Ivana Tinkle

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

I agree, Deana has been pretty awesome lately. There was a funny moment before Lydia left where Deana said that Lydia's *famous* fiance wanted to be on the show but didn't get on and he and Lydia didn't speak for the few days before she went in the house. Lydia acted as if Deana was crazy for saying it, but Deana did this cute little silent "She did say that!" behind Lydia's back to whomever they were talking to. If it is true, it's interesting.

It seems as if the people I like are outnumbered by the "popular" crowd and I'm afraid they're going to be picked off one by one. Deana will probably be up for nomination again, although Becky doesn't seem to be making any friends so she's a possibility I'm okay with.

I loved seeing Lauren pick Luke S. for the cooking task just to see Ashleigh nearly explode trying to cover up her jealousy. I very much wanted her to pick Luke S. for her date just to piss Ashleigh off. By the way, Becky attacking the food after the task was over like she hadn't eaten in days was pretty rude. What if other people wanted to sample the dishes? She's a bit sloppy and inconsiderate. Although it seems unlikely, I would love it if Becky, Ashleigh, Conor, or Caroline were the next to go.

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

I want a load of new HMs, I'm sick of some of these people.

Nena

Nena

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

Noms are up:

Spoiler

This could be an interesting week, especially since BOTS has hinted at a twist that may be used but isn't a sure thing.

viftrup

viftrup

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 4:17 PM

especially since BOTS has hinted at a twist that may be used but isn't a sure thing.

Please vote to evict... please vote to evict!

viftrup

viftrup

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

Oh. My. God! Just watched tonight's Bit on the Side, and if you haven't... then you really should. Arron and Conor goes of the deep end while answering questions from the viewers - WITH Becky and Deana in the room. It's the vilest, nastiest piece of television I've seen in a few years. Arron TOTALLY changes his personality in front of the girls, and Becky is in utter shock. In the aftermath Arron sorta kinda tries to do some damage control, but Becky is having none of it!

I had plans tomorrow night, but screw that - I have to watch this eviction!!