Tampa / Orlando

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

69 replies to this topic

go becky

go becky

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 4, 2005 @ 8:58 PM

Howdy, my C. Florida neighbors! I'm posting to propose a Tampa Bay mini-TARcon. The finale date isn't public yet, but presumably it will be one of the first couple of Tuesdays in February. I'm in Largo/Indian Rocks and would love to play hostess, or if enough people are interested we could try to find somewhere public to meet and watch the end of the Race. Any takers?

danzante

danzante

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 8, 2005 @ 8:58 PM

I live in the UCF area. I'd be up for a mini-TARcon too, either over with you, go becky or in the Orlando area if there are any other TAR lovers hiding out here on campus.

More details when a finale date is finalized, I suppose.

go becky

go becky

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 6, 2005 @ 9:41 PM

Well, the TAR6 finale is in two days. I have an early appointment the following morning and can't travel, but if anyone wants to have a 'con, my house in Largo (between St. Pete and Clearwater) is wide open. Dogs are welcome, too! PM me if interested...

scarygirl24

scarygirl24

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2005 @ 9:39 PM

I also would love to come (Orlando).

Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2005 @ 12:23 PM

TARCon Tampa!

Hi everyone, a loyal bunch of us TAR7 viewers (and TWOP addicts!) are meeting at Barnacles in Brandon (just east of Tampa, conveniently located off I4 and 75) for the TAR7 finale. We would love to have anyone who is interested join us!

We have reserved the patio (and its endless bank of TVs). We are meeting at 7pm. Full menu and full bar available. Barnacles is on Providence, just north of Lumsden, just east of the Westfield Shoppingtown Brandon and south of Rt. 60.

My new best friend, the manager at Barnacles, does ask that I give him a guestimate of numbers, so if you are planning to join us, please post here or e-mail me at mush747 @ yahoo.com

Depending on attendence, we may try to do some door prizes, but no promises!!

(edited for clarity in directions)

Edited by Beach Bum, May 3, 2005 @ 7:12 PM.

digmom3

digmom3

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2005 @ 2:13 PM

I can't wait ;)

Flyballer

Flyballer

Just Tuned In

Posted May 5, 2005 @ 1:47 PM

I live in Tampa, and I'd LOVE to attend the TAR7 Brandon TARcon!

I cannot 100% confirm my attendance just yet, but I'm 90% sure I'll be there.

Edited by Flyballer, May 6, 2005 @ 8:38 AM.

lorasmom

lorasmom

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2005 @ 12:21 PM

I'm for sure going to try to go... I went to TarCon in NYC last time, but can't justify 2 trips in 2 months to NY without the family. CYE!!

Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2005 @ 3:24 PM

Great! We'll see you all there.

We'll be on the patio.

People seem to be arriving anytime from 7 until showtime at 9pm, so come whenever you can!!

Flyballer

Flyballer

Just Tuned In

Posted May 9, 2005 @ 9:12 PM

I'll be there, with a friend -- arriving around 8:15.

See y'all there. I can't wait!

BondGirl74

BondGirl74

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 1:05 PM

Hi Tampa/Orlando TWoP'ers! :0)

Any upcoming gatherings? What shows do y'all like? Favorite threads?

CultureVulture

CultureVulture

Couch Potato

Posted May 21, 2005 @ 8:12 PM

Egads! I could have watched the TAR finale with fellow TWoPpers? *smacks forehead* Since I moved back down here from DC I keep forgetting to check the Tampa/Orlando thread. If there are any upcoming meet 'n' snarks, count me in.

leew261

leew261

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 6:13 AM

Anyone interested in having an Orlando based get-together?

MoonFire

MoonFire

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 27, 2005 @ 12:52 AM

Anyone still up for meeting in Orlando area? I just moved here to start my master's at UCF.
What shows do you watch?
I'm a CBS freak with all the CSI's, Criminal Minds, Without a Trace, and Close to Home. I also watch Desperate Houswives and Greys Anatomy. And believe it or not, I actually have some moments when I'm not watching tv.
I think it would be fun to do something low-key, maybe bowling? Or something else, I don't know. Anybody else have some ideas?

Princess PJ

Princess PJ

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 27, 2005 @ 11:22 AM

Hey, everyone!

Any Veronica Mars fans in the Pinellas County/Clearwater area interested in a con for the November 9th (next new) episode?

Edited by Princess PJ, Oct 27, 2005 @ 11:22 AM.

leew261

leew261

Posted Oct 30, 2005 @ 7:14 PM

Anyone still up for meeting in Orlando area?

I'm in Melbourne but I'd be willing to drive to Orlando for a get-together, particularly if it were on a Friday or Saturday night. The only TWoP show that I watch is The Amazing Race, but I also watch The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Intervention, Everybody Hates Chris and Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, which is the best comedy on TV.

JackiFL

JackiFL

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 5:28 AM

Anyone still up for meeting in Orlando area? I just moved here to start my master's at UCF.
What shows do you watch?
I'm a CBS freak with all the CSI's, Criminal Minds, Without a Trace, and Close to Home. I also watch Desperate Houswives and Greys Anatomy. And believe it or not, I actually have some moments when I'm not watching tv.
I think it would be fun to do something low-key, maybe bowling? Or something else, I don't know. Anybody else have some ideas?

MoonFire and LeeW261, I'm a TAR fan and also enjoy Survivor, Criminal Minds, 2 1/2 Men, Out of Practice, Close to Home, the Olympics, Clean House, Clean Sweep, Property Ladder and new (this season) to Desperate Housewives.

I'm living on the east coast, Merritt Island - only about an hour east of Orlando. Just found this TWoPCon area and will check back as TAR & Survivor start up again in February.

Moonfire, What are you getting your master's in?

Edited by JackiFL, Jan 22, 2006 @ 5:33 AM.

leew261

leew261

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 10:06 AM

Hi, JackiFL, nice to see a fellow Brevard Countian (if that is a word) here. If there is enough interest from folks in Central Florida, maybe we could have some kind of get together over in the Waterford Lakes-UCF area so that it wouldn't be too inconvenient for us Space Coasters. Anyone else interested?

JackiFL

JackiFL

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 10:40 AM

Definitely I'd be interested, leew261. I just moved over here about a year ago and love it! I do head in to Orlando regularly (I still working there daily) and sounds like a plan to me.

prop chick

prop chick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2006 @ 9:31 AM

I'm in, as long as someone else plans it, lol. (I was the old CF organizer, and it was a pain in the booty.)

I'm down in LBV, but could find my way to wherever.

leew261

leew261

Posted Feb 17, 2006 @ 6:10 PM

Well, that's three -- any other folks in the area who'd be interested in getting together?

Avi Schneider

Avi Schneider

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 11:13 AM

I'm in Tampa but I'd probably make the drive.

MoonFire

MoonFire

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2006 @ 8:54 PM

I suck for not checking back here. Sorry guys!

JackiFL I am getting my Master's in Marriage and Family Therapy. It's pretty fun actually, but takes up SO much time! That's probably why I haven't been back here.

I'm still up for meeting. Especially now since The Amazing Race is on! I'm a fanatic. So if anyone still checks this, I will remember to keep checking this often. Let's set something up!

leew261

leew261

Posted Mar 21, 2006 @ 9:05 PM

I'm a big TAR fan too -- I'm planning on going up to NYC for TARCon in May. I'm still up for getting together if we can get enough people to make it worthwhile. If anyone knows other Central Floridians who are TWoPers, direct them here.

JackiFL

JackiFL

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 7:59 AM

With the date/time scheduling change, will the NYC TARCon be changing? (not that I can go but was thinking it might be worth it to try and create a mini-TarCon here)

leew261

leew261

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 12:36 PM

From what I gather the date is still up in the air, although it's likely to be May 17.

MoonFire

MoonFire

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2006 @ 11:07 PM

A mini Tar-con would be fun. Any other takers?

JackiFL

JackiFL

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 11:12 AM

Sounds cool, MoonFire! I'm on the east coast, and you're in Orlando area, I believe. Not a far ride for me to head over there.

prop chick

prop chick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2006 @ 9:41 AM

I don't watch TAR, but then, I don't watch tv at all now. (I haven't since I moved back in November.)

If everybody wants to do a TAR-themed thing, I'll be more than happy to read up on the recaps!

(I'm in LBV, right by Downtown Disney.)

MoonFire

MoonFire

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2006 @ 9:20 PM

Awesome! Except I just realized that TAR has officially moved to Wednesdays. Why do they do this stuff to me? Summer session at UCF starts on the 15th and I have class that Wed. the 17th. It goes from 6 to 9 or 10ish, but I'm up for something after maybe (??).

What a bummer. Anybody have any other ideas?