You Bastards! TV Characters Who Got Killed

• Please log in to reply

916 replies to this topic

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 6:18 PM

Starburns on Community, taken out by an exploding meth lab. Never saw that one coming.

He Lives!

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 9:57 AM

The thing with Lexie's death on Grey's, though realistic because not everyone can survive a plane crash and especially being pinned under a thousand pound wing or however much it weighs, is that now if Ellen Pompeo wanted to leave the show, she couldn't because there's no more 'Grey' sister to take over just in case. Also, Lexie had much more to do on the show. Getting back together with Mark is one of those things. But I'm not surprised; she's had very little to do this season, just like George did in his last season. Which makes me wonder if Shonda had this planned from the beginning of the season, or at least had that thought in mind.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

Basically, every man who died on Blackwater (the latest Game of Thrones episode).

I lost count, there were so many.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 3:34 AM

It's been a few hours, but still, spoiler below for the recent Mad Men episode for those who might not have seen it yet:

Poor, poor Lane Pryce. I saw his suicide coming a mile away and, in the end, it was his actions that put him in the predicament he was in, but it was still sad to watch. While I had some issues with him, especially in the episode before this, I always had a fondness for the character, but sadly, I think he was just not that strong of a person, and in the end, he took that horrible way out. What made it even worse was finding out that if he just told Don the truth way in the beginning, Don would have been more then willing to lend him the money to get himself out of the debt. All of this could have been avoided, but his pride and fear of the rest of the partners looking down at him, prevented him from doing the right thing.

Will miss the character and especially Jared Harris who, in a cast full of amazing actors, was really a stand-out, IMO.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 12:48 AM

I know it was supposed to be a "You bastards!" TV moment, but killing off Jimmy when Tom's exchangeable three sons remain in perfect health despite alien parasites, famine and bullets that never seem to hit them reeks of desperation to me, Falling Skies.

taiko

taiko

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 9:21 AM

I saw Jimmy like the kids on The Walking Dead, his growth spurt hit when the story said it was only suppose to be a few weeks later. To bad he did not start off as a 29 year old playing 15.

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

I'm still upset that they killed off Warrick (Gary Dourdan) in CSI and Speed (Rory Cochrane) in CSI Miami.

Admittedly, the chances of either returning now are minimal given that Gary Dourdan still appears to have a drug problem and CSI Miami has been cancelled (although a few years ago Speed did show-up in one of Delko's dreams) (and who's to say Speed couldn't have moved to Vegas or NYC at some point).

But I still think it was a bad idea, and there wasn't any need to kill the characters just because the actors were leaving the show. Just have them take a job in a new city.

Ser Roderik on Game of Thrones got me crying too, but I blame Bran for it.

I blame Ned for pretty much everything bad that happens to the Starks and their retainers, bannermen, etc (aside from the actual people doing or ordering the killing).

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

I blame Nedd too. Ned is mainly responsible for everything bad that happens to his family after he stupidly told Cersei he knew the truth. That was a dumb move that not only affected his family, it also started a war and got thousands of others killed in the process too. So IMO Ned is the biggest dick next to Joffrey on GoT.

I'm sad they killed Jimmy on Falling Skies because it means they've used up their dead kid storytelling quote for at least another season which means none of Savior Tom's will be leaving us any time soon. They should have killed his youngest one instead of Jimmy, who was actually useful to the camp.

Edited by Turkish, Jun 25, 2012 @ 1:08 PM.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

I saw Jimmy like the kids on The Walking Dead, his growth spurt hit when the story said it was only suppose to be a few weeks later. To bad he did not start off as a 29 year old playing 15.

I see those kids as realistic kills considering the show its supposed to be about zombies. Jimmy, on the other hand, looks like a covenient kill to me because he was the only kid on Falling Skies who wasn't the lead's son.

Edited by wildling, Jun 25, 2012 @ 2:23 PM.

visenya6

visenya6

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 3:17 PM

As children's deaths go, Robert's babies from Game of Thrones are at the top of my list, followed closely by the blonde little boy traveling with Arya, the black haired one Arya killed, the butcher's boy killed because of Joffrey and the orphans killed in Bran and Rickon's place.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 3:29 PM

the orphans killed in Bran and Rickon's place

The orphans were particularly bad for me because you had to look at their charred bodies hanging up in Winterfell for a couple of episodes after that.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 3:50 PM

As children's deaths go, Robert's babies from Game of Thrones are at the top of my list

It reminded me of the Massacre of the Innocents from the Bible, and I assume it was meant to. It was powerful imagery that left a mark.

I still haven't quite gotten over Lane Pryce's suicide on Mad Men

visenya6

visenya6

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 5:49 PM

It was powerful imagery that left a mark.

What made it powerful to me was the camera going from the new born baby to the other children, each one slightly older than the one they killed before, ending with the older brother completely unaware of what was happening.

*ETA:

The orphans were particularly bad for me because you had to look at their charred bodies hanging up in Winterfell for a couple of episodes after that.

That was definitely the worse part for me as well.

Edited by visenya6, Jun 25, 2012 @ 10:36 PM.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 1:20 AM

I still haven't quite gotten over Lane Pryce's suicide on Mad Men

Suicides are a "You bastards!" moment for me since Kutner from House M.D.

Edited by wildling, Jun 27, 2012 @ 1:22 AM.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 1:26 AM

I still haven't gotten over Ray Fiske's suicide in Patty Hewes' office on "Damages." Damn you, Zeljko Ivanek, for making me care so much.

GreekGeek

GreekGeek

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 2, 2012 @ 8:54 PM

Another one here who can't get over Lane Pryce's suicide on Mad Men. I still troll the internet for fanfic where he's alive and well and enjoying a romance with Joan.

This is an odd choice, since he never appeared on screen, but I was shocked by the second season opener of All in the Family when Archie's mooching Cousin Oscar died. I kept expecting it would be a mistake and Oscar would soon be coming downstairs asking if breakfast was ready. I was also sad when they killed off Archie's buddy Stretch Cunningham, though it seemed a silly plot contrivance that Archie only found out at his funeral that he was Jewish. I never watched the episode with Edith's death--too sad.

I still recall the shock I felt in 1974 by the death of Henry Blake on M*A*S*H. But that was foreshadowed, in a way, by the "Sometimes You Hear the Bullet" episode, where a war correspondent friend of Hawkeye dies on Hawkeye's operating table.

Totally agree with the outrage over the Helicopter of Death on ER.

I was disappointed that the makers of the Homicide movie chose to kill off Yaphet Kotto's Giardello.

Speaking of TV cop deaths, one I haven't seen mentioned yet is Joe Coffey of Hill Street Blues. His sort-of-romance and then friendship with his partner Lucy Bates (who wasn't the usual pretty-pretty female TV cop) was one of my favorite parts of the show.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

Molly, a thousand times Molly. To me, this was the best vampire True Blood ever produced only to kill her off.

Edited by wildling, Sep 2, 2012 @ 9:52 PM.

kittykat

kittykat

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 2:34 PM

Basically, every man who died on Blackwater (the latest Game of Thrones episode).

Best episode that season. I haven't read the books but accidentally saw the spoilers for book 3. IIRC
Spoiler

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

Jeez, is the source material for that series written by George R.R. Martin or W.C. Fields? It sounds like kids get killed on it more often than on South Park.

SamX

SamX

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

Killing off a character I like ruins a show for me forever and if the actor actually dies, I don't like to watch the syndication. Not sure why. Just ruins it for me like West Wing after Leo died on the show and in real life.

Edited by SamX, Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:16 PM.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

Killing off a character I like ruins a show for me forever and if the actor actually dies, I don't like to watch the syndication. Not sure why. Just ruins it for me like West Wing after Leo died on the show and in real life.

I always get sad watching old reruns of Angel now that they've lost two actors since the show has ended. I just can't bear to watch any scene with Doyle and Lorne without thinking about the fact that these two guys are no longer with us in real life.

Firebunny

Firebunny

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

For me it's Phil Hartman and News Radio. John Spencer's death was sad, but it was from natural causes. Phil Hartman's murder still breaks my heart.

YourMomOnToast

YourMomOnToast

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

I always get sad watching old reruns of Angel now that they've lost two actors since the show has ended. I just can't bear to watch any scene with Doyle and Lorne without thinking about the fact that these two guys are no longer with us in real life.

OMG. I never realized that the guy who played Lorne is dead. And now I'm sad.

FoolishWanderer

FoolishWanderer

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 1:39 AM

Oh, I forgot about Andy Hallett. I'm sad too.

SamX

SamX

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 2:04 AM

For me it's Phil Hartman and News Radio

I don't know that show but it certainly makes all his SNL skits sad to watch

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 7:06 AM

Especially the one that ends with him and Chris Farley waving goodbye to the audience.

Sara Sunshine

Sara Sunshine

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

I just can't bear to watch any scene with Doyle and Lorne without thinking about the fact that these two guys are no longer with us in real life.

When Michael Clarke Duncan died, I went back and watched a couple of episodes of the Finder. He was so full of life on that show, and I got really sad.

Oh and 8 Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter when they wrote in John Ritter's death - you can see that the grief is real for everyone, and it just breaks my heart.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

Oh and 8 Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter when they wrote in John Ritter's death - you can see that the grief is real for everyone, and it just breaks my heart.

Seriously. I still wonder to this day why Katey Sagal didn't get the Emmy that year. She absolutely nailed the part of the quietly grieving widow/suddenly single parent who had to keep it together in front of the kids and only allowed herself to break down in private, and I think that in large measure it's because John's death was such a shock to everyone, but especially to her, since it now meant that she had to carry the show (which she was capable of doing, mind you, but still, to have that responsibility thrust on you out of nowhere? She did a bravura job of rising to the challenge, in my opinion.)

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 2:52 PM

I don't know that show but it certainly makes all his SNL skits sad to watch

The hardest thing for me to watch in reference to Phil Hartman is Futurama. He isn't in it but the Zap Brannigan character was created specifically for him, and it is hard to watch it and not imagine how much funnier the character would be with Hartman doing the voice.

kiddo82

kiddo82

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

I think the same thing when I see an old Simpsons episode with Troy McClure or Lionel Hutz.