You might be an Apprentice Addict if...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

92 replies to this topic

M I B 3 1

M I B 3 1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 4:32 PM

Well, I thought this might be a good fun way of stirring up discussion while TA2 is being prepared.

...you search around for The O-Jays' "For the Love of Money" MP3s on the Internet.

...you wear your best suit to work, as if you're preparing to go to The Boardroom.

I'm sure there's more out there, so let's hear it!

Sleepy Head

Sleepy Head

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 4:35 PM

If you get more excited about Thursday nights than Friday nights.

If you seriously consider buying one of Trump's books.

If you watch the show and take bets with your business partner while the teams are completing tasks as to what screw-ups are fatal and what ones are survivable.

If you care more about Kwame's ability to find a new gig than your own (briefly, I admit).

timbuk2

timbuk2

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 4:58 PM

If you check your favorite threads before brushing your teeth in the morning!

Wrigley

Wrigley

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 5:18 PM

. . . you realize that in failing to deal with an unpleasant issue you are being a little too "Kwame" and realize that you need to "Bill" it up, if only for a short time.

Edited by Wrigley, Apr 20, 2004 @ 5:18 PM.

FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 5:51 PM

If you actually buy one of Trump's books

If after not being able to find The Ojay's version of "For the Love of Money," you get the "New Jack City" soundtrack version instead.

If the Apprentice players are on your TiVo wishlist

If you begin to wear business professional attire in a business casual office

You only confess your addiction to other TWoPers because you know nobody else will understand.

you are being a little too "Kwame" and realize that you need to "Bill" it up

LOL...my sister and I do this all the time now!

Her: "Quit being a fucking Kwame and get a backbone"
Me: "Quit going all Bill and take your medication"
Anybody else in the room: "What the hell ya'll talkin' bout?"

Wrigley

Wrigley

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 6:44 PM

you begin to wear business professional attire in a business casual office

FuzzyLogic, how about wearing business attire in your home office?

cdredhead

cdredhead

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 7:08 PM

...you refer to someone who has been fucked as having been "Omarosaed".

...you have dreams of fighting with Amy for Troy's romantic affections.

...you have nightmares that you got Nick's affections instead.

...you realize you have to go back to watching CSI on Thursdays and it makes you weep with sorrow.

Drummouse

Drummouse

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 9:17 PM

You're re-working the brackets trying to figure out how better final teams could have been chosen.

"okay.... if they would have won this challenge, then the other team would have had to fire someone.... therefore, that person would still be there and the other would be gone.... blah, blah, blah...."

demandingbabe

demandingbabe

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 9:31 PM

If you know all the apprentice cadidates firts and last names!

Tabbyclaw

Tabbyclaw

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 9:47 PM

You've stared into the mirror after beating your (very long, very thick, very brittle, very frizzy) hair into submission and thought, "If I can tame this, imagine what I could do with The Hair!"

DMW_SFU

DMW_SFU

Fanatic

• Interests:TV, obviously

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 9:49 PM

...you realize you have to go back to watching CSI on Thursdays and it makes you weep with sorrow.

cdredhead, you could watch nothing during that timeslot. Nah ... not really an option.

TyranAmiros

TyranAmiros

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2004 @ 10:59 PM

You randomly end conversations with people by telling them that they're fired.

You have a little Apprentice Dance to the theme song.

FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 12:02 AM

how about wearing business attire in your home office?

LOL...that's new. But I understand. So I don't know what that says about me.

M I B 3 1

M I B 3 1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 12:20 AM

If you actually buy one of Trump's books

I am so guilty here. I just got "The Art of the Deal" and "How to Get Rich".

If after not being able to find The Ojay's version of "For the Love of Money," you get the "New Jack City" soundtrack version instead.

Whoa. There's another version? (Starts looking around for such an MP3...)

...you have dreams of fighting with Amy for Troy's romantic affections.

Well, it's rather the reverse for me (fighting for Amy's affections), and Nick is involved for obvious reasons. (G)

No not really...If The Apprentice is not on Thursday, I'd rather not watch TV on Thursday until its return.

how about wearing business attire in your home office?

What about to college classes? Regularly? (Forgive me..went to prep schools, and enjoy wearing my black suit waaaaaaaay too much.)

AgentX

AgentX

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 3:06 AM

If you committed a crime and blamed it on creative editing.

If you introduce yourself to people and finish by saying you voted for "The. President. Of. The. United. States."

If your reply to missing a turn while driving is "I've moved past that"

RedBliss

RedBliss

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 8:39 AM

When your morning conversation with your husband goes something like this:

RedBliss: *sings* Apprentice Music of Intensity (aka, Bill's Theme)
MrRedBliss: Isn't it over, RedBliss? Don't you think it's over?
RedBliss: Isn't that like calling the kettle black?

yeahwhatever

yeahwhatever

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 9:22 AM

If you actually read some Newlyweds recaps to find out more about the JS concert.

You actually wrote to Clairol and Larry King and Miss Thang's reps.

Oblique1

Oblique1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 9:35 AM

If you plan to hang around Trump Towers all summer to get a glimpse of the Apprentice 2 candidates... When does the filming start?

djmama

djmama

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 10:39 AM

You actually cannot wait for the DT SNL rebroadcast just to watch it.

You wish you could meet Dramarosa in real life so that you could dump your actual old fax machine on her head.

You refer to Trump as DT, Dramarosa as O, Bill/Kwame as BK, etc., because life is too short to actually refer to full or even partial names.

bettyfinn

bettyfinn

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 10:41 AM

You get all buggy when you find out your new neighbors' children's names are Amy and Nick (well, he goes by "Nicholas," but still . . .)

Blondie

Blondie

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 10:51 AM

Your waiter doesn't get back to you quickly enough so you grab the manager's arm and say, "If I don't get some catered service pretty quick, I'm going to call the President!"

BTW...I love this new thread! Being a Southern Belle living on a ranch in Arkansas, everyone I know sends me "Redneck" jokes. Of course, I AM an official Redneck because....directions to my house include "turn off the paved road"...

djmama

djmama

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 11:21 AM

You STILL spend time thinking about shots of Amy's curly or straight hair, and why it doesn't stay the same style all the time.

A very very small part of you wishes that Rosie O'Donnell were still on the air so that you could hear her take on TA. But you don't admit that to anyone else except to fellow TWOPers. And even then you're worried that you'll be flamed!

You yell at the TV when someone misspells an Apprentice's name. "No, it's Rancic, not Rancik! Can't you people get anything right?!"

Edited because proper grammar is so useful!

Edited by djmama, Apr 21, 2004 @ 11:23 AM.

djmama

djmama

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 11:27 AM

....directions to my house include "turn off the paved road"...

Blondie, coming from a whole family of rednecks or--oh Lord--redneck-wannabees, hee!

Kazoo Zak

Kazoo Zak

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 11:38 AM

You wonder if the streets of Youngstown really are that rough, and if Ereka were thrown out there, would she do any worse than just getting flat out lost? Would she be hailed as a hero?

When you hear a colorful catch phrase, you picture Troy say it.

Wonder how Omarosa would, as a connoiseur, judge the drinking fountain water you're drinking.

Calm yourself while you see bad or disturbing art by remembering--at least it doesn't feature frogs and their concubines.

You actually considered visiting a Planet Hollywood since that episode.

You think up ways to sell lemonade on the street for the hell of it. And you actually believe one might work.

Blondie

Blondie

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 11:42 AM

djmama...just be proud!

I also *blush* know 5 guys called "Bubba" and one called "BigUn". I'm a transplant from Dallas but my husband grew up around here.

Gotta say, tho, I now love living in the country & at least the ppl here are very un-Omarosa....honest, modest, caring & helpful.

Drummouse

Drummouse

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 1:27 PM

You feel empowered and confident in simply telling people you want to avoid that "I'm not gonna have that conversation.".

You start wondering.... "hmmmm, I drink alot of water... could I be considered a connoiseur??"

Have become overly comfortable and unaffected dropping the F-bomb!!

SillyCilla

SillyCilla

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 3:22 PM

The phrase "I'm as happy as a puppy with two peters!" becomes a part of your daily conversation.

When someone asks you what you want, you write them a note that says, "I want what you want" as an answer.

Blondie

Blondie

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 4:35 PM

You get headaches daily trying to find a way to work "looking up the ass of a dead dog with fleas" into your conversations...and can't.

jade1138m

jade1138m

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 4:37 PM

... you see The Donald at a basketball game and successfully start a "You are fired (clap clap clap clap clap)" cheer that eventually spreads through the entire student section.

... at that same game, which happens to be the biggest home game of the season, since you're playing your arch rivals, you spend the first few minutes of the game paying more attention to trying to take a good picture of The Donald than you do to the players on the court.

Both of these are completely true... I'm a huge basketball fan, so when I started doing the second one, my friends thought I'd completely lost it.

Drummouse

Drummouse

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 6:03 PM

Instead of getting stressed out you try to "be the hat!".

Nearly a week later you're still trying to figure out what happened in the final episode.

You're already wondering if Bill does get his own show, who should they bring back to help him??