Ick: Grossest X-Files Moments

• Please log in to reply

220 replies to this topic

garli

garli

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 3, 2004 @ 4:42 PM

We all know that the special effects people must have had way too much fun working on this show. From jebus slug, liver eating men, skin showers, man sized fluke worm that invades your body. Yeah, you get the point. I know that I have a personal grossest episode, but I bet different things freak us all out in our own special ways.

Mine is F. Emasculata from the second season. The one with the disease that gives you giant boils on your face. And then when the boil explodes and hits some one else, that's how it spreads. Anway, it spreads through out a prision, and then two men escape and go try and hide out with one of their girlfriends. When they get there, the one who's girl friend it's not is totally sick, and has a boil on his face the size of a golfball. Of course it explodes and hits the girl friend in the face, and her mouth is open, *and* the puss gets in her mouth.

It's the only thing in the entire show I can't get desensitized to. Nasty!

Anyone else feel like sharing?

TanTan

TanTan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2004 @ 7:01 PM

Ew, is that the one where there are dead animals with the humongous pus bubbles? That one is disgusting. Far and away the yuckiest, for me.

garli

garli

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 3, 2004 @ 7:14 PM

Hmm, unless the first five minutes have dead animals I don't think so. But either way, it's nasty.

bmills

bmills

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2004 @ 7:30 PM

The first 5 minutes of F. Emasculata had a dead pig in the rain forest. This is where we learn an important life lesson from the X Files: If you find someone or something that has pulsating blisters, do not go up and stick your face close to it.

Crow T. Robot

Crow T. Robot

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2004 @ 1:41 AM

Well, DeadAlive's skin shower and all of the nasty plastic surgery in Sanguinarium spring to mind. I would always realize during the Simpsons that I was hungry, wait till the episode was over to order a pizza, and get it as the X-Files was starting. Invariably within five minutes M&S would uncover something gross enough to put me off my dinner. Good times.

ampersand

ampersand

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2004 @ 3:04 AM

"The Host" was on television this evening. It's pretty gory, even by X-Files standards. The only thing I found really disturbing, though, was the infamous scene where the sewer worker coughed up the fluke in the shower.

Of course, I knew exactly what was going to happen when that poor guy started retching since I'd watched the episode so many times before. But that just made it worse than the first time I saw it and was completely taken by surprise. Anyone else have a similar reaction when re-watching an episode? I almost changed the channel when the shower scene came on to avoid the ickiness, but I decided to be brave and persevere.

Edited by ampersand, Apr 4, 2004 @ 3:25 AM.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2004 @ 8:40 AM

I definitely have to choose the skin shower as the grossest XF moment ever. I just remember everyone I was watching it with basically gagging in unison. But that's not the grossest episode by a longshot, since it just has that one gross moment. For grossest episode, I think F. Emasculata has to win.

Mashsm1013

Mashsm1013

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2004 @ 8:18 PM

...all of the nasty plastic surgery in Sanguinarium...

My vote will have to go to this episode. The images were so gross that I have actually blocked them from my memory. This is the only X-Files episode that I absolutely refuse to watch a second time. Once was enough for me.

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2004 @ 11:26 PM

Ditto on Sanguinarium. It was the first episode I saw on weekend syndication a couple years ago, and once was more than enough. Plastic surgery makes me squeamish to begin with, especially that level of ickiness.

Scenes with Fowley tend to make me ill as well, do those count?

Edited by Scrambled Eggs, Apr 4, 2004 @ 11:27 PM.

Desert

Desert

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 2:06 AM

So many gross moments, I hardly know where to begin. Roadrunners is a standout - Scully, with that slug-thing working it's way up her spine. Eeeewww! There's something about worms crawling under the skin that just turns my stomach. The black oil worms are also quite disgusting.

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 2:26 AM

I actually always thought the black oil worms were kinda cool.

I also think that Unruhe is very icky. There's not so much blood and gore in it, but just the thought of that guy sticking that whosiwhatsit into Scully's eye creeps. me. out. I've still never really seen that scene properly, as there always seems to come a couple hands or something to obscure my view just then...

The Host moment of sewer worker coughing up flukeworm: agreed. Sanguinarium moment of lipo suction gone horribly wrong: ditto.
F Emasculata moment of pulsating and/or pursting pus volcanous: *shudder*

The skin shower I don't remember much of. Either because I've only just seen that ep once, or because I've blocked it out completely. You be the judge.

I'm surprised noone has mentioned Home yet.

ipso facto

ipso facto

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 2:38 AM

I'm surprised noone has mentioned Home yet.

Woo, spooky Kanel, I was just coming here to do that! I'll take on the crawling worms (both black oil and spine invading) if someone else will deal with the limbless mother and the did they/didn't they incest.. .eww and ick indeed!

Edited by ipso facto, Apr 5, 2004 @ 2:40 AM.

QuaranteDeux

QuaranteDeux

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 9:40 AM

Milagro. And it's not even the whole "Here, let me assist you by taking your heart out of your chest," thang. It was the stalker-ness of it.

Creeped me out, creeped every single one of my friends out. Haven't watched it for about a year.

And the really funny thing is that I can easily handle eps like Home, Sanguinarium, or others. I have to admit that The Host is pretty freaky, though.

JimsBride

JimsBride

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 10:05 AM

The Host is the only ep that I refuse to watch. I cannot take the idea of coughing up some sort of worm, in fact, my gag reflex is working just by me typing this. Ugh.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 10:09 AM

Funny. Milagro never creeped me out. I was always rooting for Scully to get it on with the cute stranger. :)

The whole concept of Home is pretty creepy and gross, but there's nothing in the episode that really grosses me out. That scene from The Host definitely does, though.

TanTan

TanTan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 10:48 AM

I rewatched Aqua Mala last night, and for some reason the under-the-skin rubber water worms REALLY grossed me out, to the point that I almost stopped watching.

Mashsm1013

Mashsm1013

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 11:38 AM

I didn't find Milagro icky either. I think I was so engrossed in the story that I forgot to look at the bloody beating hearts.

So entire organs don't gross me out, but last night I watched How the Ghosts Stole Christmas on DVD and all that blood smeared on the floor is quite disgusting and it still makes me all squirmy.

countbessie

countbessie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 1:18 PM

Although most of what you guys said creeps me out (the sight of blood gets to me... I'm so squeamish), another scene I can't watch is in Fresh Bones, where that thing starts coming out of Scully's hand... I know it wasn't the greatest of special effects, but the concept of it still freaks me out...

And although this isn't exactly gross, I can't watch Scully's abduction, even in flashbacks. Ever since I saw it the first time, I have to cover my eyes when they go back to it again... I have no idea why

Oh, and just looking at Donnie Pfaster creeps me out ::shudder::

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 1:31 PM

You know the more I think about it, the more I realize that I forgot about most of these scenes because I was too squeamish to watch them more than once, if at all.

Signs and Wonders is pretty gross, especially when the reverend eats the rat at the end. I think Vienen is the worst black oil episode, too much vomiting. Thank goodness for fast-forward buttons.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 1:46 PM

Signs and Wonders is pretty gross, especially when the reverend eats the rat at the end.

YES!!!! I totally forgot about that. I won't watch it again. I was seriously freaked out by that snake coming out of his mouth. I remember scrunching up into a tiny ball and covering my face when I saw it. Ew ew ew ew ew. Eeewww.

Yeah, I have more trouble with that scene than with all the icky gory stuff. The icky stuff, while gross, I can watch. That scene? Is just way. too. creepy. ::shudder::

ejluther

ejluther

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 2:07 PM

Sign me up for the "F. Emasculata? Oh, YUCK!" brigade - breathing pockets of spewing pus? Truly icky! (but here's a screencap for reference)
http://xfphotos.fred.../x-files007.jpg

I've always thought one of the most unsettling images comes from THEEF when Scully's eyes are covered with that white film:
http://xfphotos.fred...ef/theef180.jpg
It's not gross or anything, but I always thought it was very effective and creepy.

DD_lurve

DD_lurve

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 6:05 PM

Yeah, I get that thing about re-watching being worse. Bizarrely enough, the Skin Shower didn't gross me out the first time, but I saw it again a couple weeks ago and seriously almost barfed.

QuaranteDeux

QuaranteDeux

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2004 @ 9:26 AM

And although this isn't exactly gross, I can't watch Scully's abduction, even in flashbacks. Ever since I saw it the first time, I have to cover my eyes when they go back to it again... I have no idea why

Same here.

I've always thought one of the most unsettling images comes from THEEF when Scully's eyes are covered with that white film

Totally. Although I also have an intense fear of people who wear those white contact lenses, so I imagine that's where the creepiness comes from for me.

Crow T. Robot

Crow T. Robot

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2004 @ 2:37 AM

Just watched "Deep Throat." DD's hair has to qualify for this list. And what was with that bizarre tan?

Seriously, I also just watched "Leonard Betts." There's a scene in it that even grosses Mulder out: when Scully makes him help her paw through medical waste, i.e. body parts, looking for Betts's head.

Crass

Crass

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2004 @ 7:44 AM

F. Emasculata. I do love the episode, but I just can't look at those pustules!

Sister Spooky

Sister Spooky

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2004 @ 9:43 AM

The part in the flukeworm episode where the guy pukes up the worm in the bathroom is just the all-time grossest thing to me.

gigikat

gigikat

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 7, 2004 @ 12:43 PM

I would rather watch the fluke puke 20 times in a row than watch them sucking the tobacco beetles and larvae out of Mulder's lungs in "Brand X". Oh, and hello, I'm new here.

tjames

tjames

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2004 @ 1:22 PM

The whole concept of Home is pretty creepy and gross, but there's nothing in the episode that really grosses me out

The baby they dig up in the baseball field is one of the few X-Files sights that still really disturbs me. Just the look of it, and Scully's reaction to it...

I'd also give a nod to Demons, with the holes in the heads and the scabs and the picking at the scabs and a trickle of blood coming down the forehead...

Little things like that make me squirm in my seat more than skin showers and pustules, gotta say.

DD_lurve

DD_lurve

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2004 @ 5:57 PM

Okay, another vote for the fluke-barfing. I just saw that again last night, and urgh! The noises and the expressions and the blood.... ewwwwwww...

Live Bait

Live Bait

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2004 @ 11:12 AM

I think I agree with ‘F. Emasculata’ being the ickiest episode - with exploding boils everywhere - but I was watching ‘Patient X’ the other day, and it was actually a bit nauseating how Krycek stitched Dimitri’s eyes together.
But the worst scene was at the end of the episode where Dimitri (controlled by the black oil) pulls out the stitching in his own eyes! *Uægh*!