Singled Out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7 replies to this topic

PostToastie

PostToastie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2004 @ 7:16 PM

I know it's like attack of the 80's game shows, but we have to snark on this 'gem' that introduced us to Jenny "boobs" McCarthy and Carmen Electra.

The things people did for 'love' (and for love I mean, 'poon-tang') were priceless!

Mine All Mine

Mine All Mine

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2004 @ 5:42 PM

Sadly, I watched Singled Out. Although I think it was mid-90s, not 80s. Whatever happened to Chris Hardwick? Is he working these days?

Heh. I also remember one episode of Boy Meets World when Eric went on Singled Out.

amnewsboy

amnewsboy

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2004 @ 7:35 AM

The only good thing about Singled Out: they were the first nationally televised game show to embrace and showcase same-sex contestants.

Sadly, the only thing proven by that is that same-sex singles can be just as slutty as straight ones.

AbrilOrchid

AbrilOrchid

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2004 @ 3:11 PM

Whatever happened to Chris Hardwick? Is he working these days?

I'm bored out of my mind, so I Googled him. Sad, I know! Anyway, his website states that he's making comedy albums. I never found him very funny. Also, it says that he was in Terminator 3 and House of 1000 Corpses among other movies, most of which I've never heard of.

I was also a loyal viewer of Singled Out. My parents didn't think it was appropriate for me to watch (I wonder why!), so I had to secretly watch it. It's scary to think that Jenny McCarthy was my idol in junior high!

kidcore

kidcore

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2004 @ 9:41 PM

A couple years ago I found a copy of the Singled Out: Dates You Never Saw or something video at a dollar store in Southern Maryland. Ironically enough I remember renting it once in high school when it first came out. Lots of behind-the-scene footage. I'm such a nerd. I loved that show! Well until Carmen Electra came in and skanked it up.

Chris Hardwick was the host of the apparently short-lived Shipmates dating show. It was bad but not any worse than the 5th Wheel or Elimidate. I wasn't sure if it just got yanked from my local networks or if it had been cancelled for good. Guess I know now. He can currently be seen in reruns of "Guys Like Us" his short-lived sitcom on UPN now being show in syndication on the new TV One Network.

sunny605

sunny605

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2004 @ 11:48 PM

My most vivid "Singled Out" memory: One of the "which-is-worse" steps questions: "Which is worse, butt hair or butt acne?"

Shiver me timbers!

DivineShorty02

DivineShorty02

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2004 @ 1:40 AM

I loved this show. I thought Chris was just adorable.

Cookie55

Cookie55

Couch Potato

• Interests:Eating pudding, purchasing and using only pink pens just to annoy my male co-workers (it works), talking very loudly, laughing at my ridiculous children, and stealing the blankets from my husband.

Posted May 20, 2004 @ 1:13 PM

I totally remember that episode of "Boy Meets World" where Eric went on the show. Hilarious. Or sad. Whichever.

When did this show start? 1995, 1996? I could go look it up, I suppose. Anyway, I was 15/16 at that time and I used to watch this every night. I still love Jenny McCarthy (her pregnancy book is so good), but Chris Hardwick bugged.