Actor Pull: Cast in Other Roles

• Please log in to reply

1486 replies to this topic

Wee S

Wee S

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 2:55 PM

I just saw Horrible Bosses with the glorious Jason Bateman in it and couldn't help but spot an AD shoutout - there's a scene where the 3 main characters start clucking like AD versions of a chicken! I turned to my friend and had to say 'have any of these people actually SEEN a chicken?!!'

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

Patricia Velasquez, who played Marta 2.0, is currently on The Celebrity Apprentice.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

Has anybody seen the recent Hulu Plus commercial with Will Arnett? Not the Superbowl one, but one where he follows a TV fan, saying that he's followed the guy since Arrested Development. He goes into a restaurant, gets bleeped and says "Come on!" again.

http://www.hulu.com/...tching-to-watch

desertflower

desertflower

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

This is a little late but about two weeks ago on "Up All Night" Will Arnett had a scene where he was putting a chicken costume into the car for his kid's birthday party. He didn't do the dance but he let out the tiniest bit of his "caw-ka-caw"....I laughed out loud and my husband just looked at me funny until I explained the reference.

JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

It's a day late, but Jeffrey Tambor is on the new NBC comedy Bent that stars Amanda Peet. It airs on Wednesdays and for the time being at least, looks like 2 episodes will air together.

JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

Hopefully everyone already knows this but Tony Hale is in the new HBO show VEEP with Julia Louis-Dreyfus. I've already watched it and love it. Check if out if you haven't already. I think its a show that AD fans would enjoy and appreciate.

freespeech

freespeech

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 9:46 AM

I love Veep, I think it's my favorite new show! Tony Hale is hilarious. I agree, AD fans should check it out.

greeneyedtiger

greeneyedtiger

Just Tuned In

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

Tony Hale was on last night's Law and Order: Special Victims Unit playing a high school teacher accused of misdeeds with a student. This was my first time seeing him speaking in what must be closer to his natural (non-Buster) voice.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

Portia is cast in the Munsters reboot Mockingbird Lane:

http://www.deadline....ird-lane-movie/

JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 7:26 AM

Not the regular cast, but the original Marta is in the new Dallas on TNT. She's playing no lie...Marta Del Sol. I had to laugh when I realized. Actress' name is Leonor Varela. She was in a story arc on Human Target last year and I recognized her then soon after watching an episode with her or it probably would have taken me a while to figure it out this time around. She's still stunning.

Edited by JasmineFlower, Jun 22, 2012 @ 7:29 AM.

JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower

Stalker

Posted Oct 26, 2012 @ 6:16 PM

I hope everyone saw Tony Hale on last night's episode of Up All Night, if not, new episodes are on Hulu for a bit. He's mostly in scenes with Christina but there's a part with him and Will too (and my AD loving heart thought it was kinda great even if it was brief).

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 4:21 AM

Alia Shawkat is in an anti-coal video for Greenpeace.

http://www.greenpeac...l-Energy-Facts/

Geeni

Geeni

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 7:57 AM

Jeffrey Tambor was on last week's episode of Psych as Juliet's stepfather, an accountant who has gambling debts. I took it as an AD reference because a lot of the episode took place in Mexico, though there was no chicken dance, unfortunately.

Geeni

Geeni

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 7:57 AM

Oops, dp. delete.

Edited by Geeni, Mar 29, 2013 @ 7:58 AM.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Oct 30, 2013 @ 1:50 AM

Wow, Mitch is going to guest star on Community.

http://tvline.com/20...-mitch-hurwitz/

tennyoaisu

tennyoaisu

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2014 @ 2:10 PM

I just saw The Lego Movie, and I totally was unprepared for Arnett as Batman, so that was... actually pretty perfect casting. He's got the voice for it. The best part has to be Batman's 'song' though -- heavy metal backing track while he just yells out things that are dark, like no parents, places that are dark, and night. It's worth a listen.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2014 @ 1:44 AM

Yeah I loved Batman's song. I recently shopped at a Lego Store and got a free movie poster featuring Batman.