Telenovelas

• Please log in to reply

895 replies to this topic

Wootini

Wootini

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2010 @ 3:54 PM

Interesting... I wasn't sure if telenovelas could undergo major retools like that since I thought they were supposed to be largely mapped out from the start. It went from awesome supernatural soap to awesome Dynasty soap and now is kind of morphing into awesome Dynasty-with-some-supernatural-stuff-still soap. Go figure.

As long as they don't cancel it without giving us an ending! I need to see Dulce get what's coming to her!

twotrey

twotrey

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2010 @ 4:08 AM

Yeah, if the network or someone on high isn't happy with the numbers or something or other, novelas are subject to overhauls--a more dramatic example from Telemundo was a few years back when Amores de Mercado morphed into simply Amores when the network fired the original creative staff and brought in a new writer/producer (who then killed off about half the cast and radically changed the direction of the show).

On the flip side is when a show does so well that it gets an extension, thus making the writers find new ways to spin wheels before reaching its intended conclusion. This sometimes results in some odd happenings, as it did with Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso where scenes for the final episodes were clearly shot much earlier in the production run, prior to the extension order (a character's hair color suddenly reverted to a shade from months back; a character that disappeared without much explanation suddenly reappeared with about as much non-explanation), but there was a lot of more freshly-shot filler that aired for a few months leading into it (and tellingly, events of said filler went unaddressed in the final stretch of the show).

A week in, I'm enjoying India on Telefutura--though the storylines set in the title locale are thus far much more interesting than the ones set in Brazil. As a fan of Hindi/Bollywood film, enjoying how a lot of recognizable recent hit Bollywood songs are used as recurring themes (including the main title).

RabidChipmnk

RabidChipmnk

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2010 @ 10:40 PM

I'm watching Los Exitosos Gomes and I love it. I am a little confused as to why they chose the Peruvian remake over the Argentine original Los Exitosos Pells and over the Mexican version... Los Exitosos Peres or something? Now I want to find the original, but I lack the patience at this stage to watch it in 10-minute youtube segments. I feel like there are a couple of bits that would have worked better in the original (the bit where they were going international and were fretting about having to change their accents--to my ear at least Peru has a relatively neutral accent, whereas Argentina... well let's say they don't. (I do love the way they talk, but I think that's a topic for another thread.)

I was going to pick up India but now I see they have a version of Eva Luna? And Aurora looks... weird, too. Weird-interesting. I contemplated watching El fantasma de Elena for the wtf aspect, but the actress who plays Elena (? the one who was Analía/not-Analía in El rostro de Analía) really grates on me.

Did anyone watch Rosario Tijeras? Having read the novel I was quite disappointed in the adaptation, especially the ending.

ETA: Just tried watching Eva Luna. Wow. Thanks, Univision, for reminding me why I have almost exclusively watched Telemundo the past few years. And of course Telemundo itself is dwarfed by those novelas I can get imported (see, for example: El Clon)

Edited by RabidChipmnk, Nov 1, 2010 @ 10:49 PM.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2010 @ 6:55 PM

El Fantasma de Elena is probably worth it for the awesome and/or single-multipurpose facial expressions of half the main cast (most notably Ana Layevska and Jessica Mas, whose character has taken over the primary villain role on the show). And the random moments when a woman is possessed by the spirit of Ana's character's dead sister. And Zully Montero as a homeless woman. It's sort of dryly schlocky at this point.

As for Eva Luna...being a sucker for the Pretty, I've been willing to give it a pass for trying a little too hard to be hip. But then it kind of sabotaged its chances of being taken seriously when in the second episode they speed-ramped the scene where the main character's father is hit by a car. (This scene appeared in the promos as well, but I honestly didn't think they were crazy enough to leave it in the show!)

Niuxita

Niuxita

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2010 @ 1:38 PM

I'm watching Los Exitosos Gomes and I love it.

I'm watching it too, except not on Telemundo but on my local channel, which started reairing it at a different time about a month ago after it ended its first run. I'm absolutely loving it too, it's easily one of my top favourite telenovelas. It's funny and touching and over the top and the acting is top-notch all around (I say this because Peruvian telenovelas tend to have shamelessly DREADFUL acting). Plus, I think Gianella Neyra and Diego Bertie were absolute casting GOLD. Their chemistry is unreal. I haven't seen the Argentine version, but for me they definitely blow Ludwika Paleta/Jaime Camil from the Mexican version out of the water.

However, I've enjoyed the Mexican version, too. I wasn't expecting to, because I still have nightmares over the awfulness that was the Mexican remake of Mi Gorda Bella, another of my absolute favourite telenovelas, but at least casting-wise, everything works for me (Veronica Castro as Santos/Nuñez was particularly genius).

Shorty186

Shorty186

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 7, 2010 @ 4:00 PM

I still have nightmares over the awfulness that was the Mexican remake of Mi Gorda Bella

You don't like Llena de amor? It isn't even half-way over yet here in the states. Although it does seem to lack the overt sexiness of the original (at least from the clips I've seen), especially the chemistry between Natalia Streignard and Juan Pablo Raba, I think it's been improved in some key ways: Valentina/Marianela's body suit, the music, the coloring, the less slutty outfits and the acting from some of the secondary characters. Also, I think they've been smart in the changes in some of the relationships, particularly between Aquiles/Axel and Ninfa/Delicia (since they're my fav). I honestly don't think I could root for the original pair. Here they toned down the "attempted" rape and I hope they'll do the same when Aquiles basically hands over a naked Ninfa to have sex with another guy.

Also, can anyone tell me what channel Los exitosos Gomes is on? I'm curious about it, but can't find it in the online TV listings.

Edited by Shorty186, Nov 7, 2010 @ 4:00 PM.

Niuxita

Niuxita

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2010 @ 9:37 PM

You don't like Llena de amor?

I admit I'm terribly biased, as I am insanely attached to the original, mostly because the characters were so colourful and unique, and that had a lot to do with the casting. I don't think I could get used to other actors playing them, regardless of nationality. For example, Mi Gorda Bella's Chiqui was BRILLIANT; she had a sort of adorable OTTness that made her character work so well and was what endeared her to me in the first place, and that's a tough combination to replicate. Same thing with aunt Tza Tza, although in this case, I do think Laura Flores was great casting, but again, there was something about MGB's Tza Tza (her mannerisms, her voice inflections, her facial expressions) that made the character a total joy to watch. And, of course, MGB's Olympia was probably the scariest telenovela villainess I've ever encountered (in a good way).

But I do agree that Marianela is great. She's adorable and really believable as young and naive. I guess it's just that the wackiness and quirkiness and flavour of the supporting characters were what did it for me in the original and I didn't find Llena de Amor's version of them satisfying enough. :/

(I THINK Los Exitosos Gomes is on Telemundo, if I'm not mistaken...)

Wootini

Wootini

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2010 @ 12:45 PM

I was disappointed when they retooled El Fantasma De Elena to eschew most of the supernatural elements, but it's still a wildly entertaining OTT romp. Mostly because, as redshirtx says, the two main villains are absolutely delicious. I mean, when Dulce followed the hooker into the bathroom, I certainly wasn't expecting her to slit her throat, spraying blood all over the mirror! (SPOILER!)

It's surprisingly fun, even with less of the supernatural stuff. Although this whole Elena-is-crazy thing is already wearing thin and it's only been a week or so...

Also, Michel brings the pretty in the best way. (And his story with Milady is so wrong and so good!)

RabidChipmnk

RabidChipmnk

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2010 @ 12:48 PM

Niuxita: I agree, they got the chemistry perfect. And it hasn't started to feel drawn out and contrived (yet), as novelas are wont to do later in their runs. I seem to remember seeing Mi Gorda Bella is reairing on Telemundo (I think? Possibly Telefutura, though) sometime early in the morning, maybe 8 or 9? I considered watching it, but my novela roster is pretty full at the moment as I still have to find time for, y'know, work and life and stuff.

Shorty186: LEG is on Telemundo at I believe 1:30pm. It used to be on at 1 but currently they're only airing half an hour at a time so they can have a 1.5-hour block of the Colombian Grey's Anatomy (yeah... I don't know). I just set it for series record and hope that TimeWarner doesn't screw me over and "forget" to record it.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2010 @ 12:47 AM

Telemundo has finally started airing muy pronto promos for La Reina del Sur. Still no official start date, but I think the going timeframe is January-ish...supposedly at or near the same time as Ojo por ojo, which mysteriously disappeared promo-wise. Along with that they've also started pimping Los Herederos del Monte, with a heavily botoxed-up and oddly bosomy Marlene Favela looking like she's trying to rip off Lucero in Soy tu dueña.

And, probably more terrifyingly (if predictably), Univision ran a promo for Salvador Mejia's current project-in-progress Triunfo del Amor last night. So he goes from adding far too much cleavage to Corazón Salvaje to stuffing William Levy, Maite Perroni, Victoria Ruffo, Daniela Romo and Cuahtemoc Blanco (?!?) into a quasi-remake of El Privilegio de Amar--among others. I guess the big question there is whether or not this show will end up getting exiled to a death slot when it makes it Stateside...

RabidChipmnk

RabidChipmnk

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2010 @ 6:52 PM

a heavily botoxed-up and oddly bosomy Marlene Favela

...*more* bosomy?? Did you watch La espada y la rosa? There was not a scene she was in that didn't show off her breasts. Imprisoned in the dungeon wearing an iron mask? At least we are reassured that her boobs are safe! Girl Zorro? Why, one of her talents must be her impressive cleavage! Don't even get me started on the wardrobe when she inexplicably met up with the tribe of Amazon women living in the jungle just outside LA...

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2010 @ 8:22 PM

Aww. I missed nearly all of that show--I should have stuck it out for Arturo Peniche and the eyepatch of doom--but a mere five seconds of Googling and bam, or rather boing. Damn. (Tribe of Amazon women wha?)

Still can't help thinking "Soy tu dueña ripoff" about Herederos (though it's a remake of another novela--and it's kind of amusing that this is going to be Yet Another Mario Cimarro/Marlene Favela Joint), but I'm hoping the immobile face was just a makeup/lighting snafu. Marlene's way too pretty to be headed into Ninel Conde/Gaby Spanic territory.

twotrey

twotrey

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2010 @ 2:32 AM

It used to be on at 1 but currently they're only airing half an hour at a time so they can have a 1.5-hour block of the Colombian Grey's Anatomy (yeah... I don't know)

A Corazon Abierto is actually very good, but unfortunately the ratings on Telemundo were disappointing (guess it was the lack of drug dealers), so it was exiled to a late night slot in the middle of the initial airing this past summer and was given a closed ending shot for the international market; in Colombia it is hugely successful and will have a second season--which, of course, due to the underwhelming U.S. performance, will likely never be aired here, alas. But it's a very good show.

Edited by twotrey, Nov 22, 2010 @ 2:35 AM.

Niuxita

Niuxita

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2010 @ 10:58 PM

Niuxita: I agree, they got the chemistry perfect. And it hasn't started to feel drawn out and contrived (yet), as novelas are wont to do later in their runs.

Heh, looks like I spoke too soon. I'm still barely two months in and, my GOD, are these two frustrating. The only reason I don't want to kill Sol with my bare hands is because I don't wanna mess up Gianella Neyra's pretty pretty face, which is the only thing (plus her charisma and adorable/hilarious ad-libs) keeping me from totally hating the character when she's at her worst. I know it's a soap and all, but goddammit, Sol, LISTEN to the man! How many times is poor Martin gonna have to grovel for stuff he didn't even do? It's way too early for this!

Sorry, I just needed to get that out somewhere. On the bright side, I'm in love with this version's Amanda. She's a total BAMF who gets shit done and she's funny and hot to boot. Be still my heart.

And since I'm here:

with a heavily botoxed-up and oddly bosomy Marlene Favela looking like she's trying to rip off Lucero in Soy tu dueña.

I had to Google Image Search that because I was curious and, while I've never been a fan of her, I have to say she looks very very pretty in the promo pictures for that soap (which probably just means I'm proving her point about needing the Botox in the first place. Darn).

And speaking of bosomy, don't forget Natalia Streignard's outfits/boobs in La Tormenta. I'm a boob girl and all, but that was way too much, even for me.

Edited by Niuxita, Dec 6, 2010 @ 10:59 PM.

Asari

Asari

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 28, 2010 @ 1:29 PM

Okay, so I caught the series finalé of "Soy tu dueña" last night and this is what I picked up:

Two pretty people got married, interrupted by this one dude with a gun for some reason, but it somehow eventually turned out happy. Meanwhile, Freddy Krueger and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad got into a prison yard fight while the Cake Boss and some random hatless Hasidic guy looked on.

I need to learn Spanish.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2011 @ 10:06 AM

So El Fantasma de Daniela, er, Elena is ending on Friday, to be replaced on Monday by Los Herederos del Monte. And after a week that was largely space filler, they're apparently going straight to warp eight this week--in last night's episode two of the three main villains died and one of the biggest dangling plot points (the main hero still being alive after surviving a house explosion) was dealt with in less than five minutes. Now they just have to deal with a mob kingpin (I shouldn't be surprised that they found a way to mob up a show that started with werehorses, but I am) and the last villain standing: the titular Elena herself.

Meanwhile, Univision started airing Triunfo del Amor last night. I didn't catch enough of it to get an idea of what was going on, but I distinctly remember being massively distracted by Victoria Ruffo wearing pigtails in what looked like a rather lengthy flashback and Carmen Salinas doing a spittake in someone's face. And to think I was worried because this show is supposed to have Dorismar playing a pivotal villain role...

Wootini

Wootini

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2011 @ 10:34 AM

I know! The last few weeks of Elena were full of flashbacks and the beginning of each episode would rewind the last five minutes of the previous one, so there was a lot of FF-ding going on for me. But yesterday's episode was balls to the wall crazypants!

I still miss the supernatural elements (ghosts and werehorses), and wonder what could have been if the ratings had been higher and a retooling wasn't necessary, but the show has still be deliciously campy fun.

Especially because of Ana Layevska, who has been amazing as Elena/Daniella. Yesterday, she even did an American accent as she tried to act like she only spoke a little bit of Spanish! Impressive!

Not interested in Los Herederos, so I think I'm going to take a little break from the telenovelas for a bit until another one starts up that deals with clones or werehorses or ghosts or something of the ilk... (Didn't want to start Aurora because watching two a day was too much when El Clon and Elena overlapped for months!)

nilyank

nilyank

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2011 @ 11:07 AM

Meanwhile, Univision started airing Triunfo del Amor last night. I didn't catch enough of it to get an idea of what was going on, but I distinctly remember being massively distracted by Victoria Ruffo wearing pigtails in what looked like a rather lengthy flashback and Carmen Salinas doing a spittake in someone's face.

Triunfo del Amor is either the 3rd or 4th version of the Venezuelan telenovela Cristal from the mid 80s. Lupita Ferrer played the Victoria role, and no one played that role better than her. Basically, poor servant girl Victoria falls in love/ gets pregnant with the son of the house who is leaving to become a priest, gives up baby to orphanage, struggles and works hard until she becomes a famous fashion designer, marries a man with a young son and they have a daughter. Meanwhile the baby she gave up grows up in orphanage, moves into an apartment with two gal pals, unknowingly meets her father the priest, unknowingly starts working in the fashion house of her mother's and falls in love with Victoria's stepson.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2011 @ 11:36 AM

Aha...pulling this from spoiler space, since it applies to TdA: I missed the actual Victoria/Juan Pablo hookup while channelsurfing last night, but I probably still would have been distracted by the f'n pigtails even if I had seen it. (Honestly, I'll be watching this show for the awesomeness that is Daniela Romo.) I am wondering, though, if this iteration of the story will feature anything close to the semi-infamous "Helena Rojo coma week" from the last version, El Privilegio de Amar.

Niuxita

Niuxita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2011 @ 11:25 PM

Has anyone heard about the Argentine telenovela "La Lola"? It's about a womanizing man who gets turned into a woman out of revenge by one of the women he spurned. Like "Los Exitosos Pells," it sprouted a couple of remakes, including a Chilean one and, most recently, a Peruvian one that just started airing here in Peru a couple of weeks ago, with (surprise!) Gianella Neyra in the title role (it amuses me that this makes two consecutive Argentine remakes that she stars in).

Anyway, between the content of that one and "Los Exitosos..." it got me thinking: what's the status of homosexuality in telenovelas? In my experience, "Los Exitosos..." was the gayest one (so to speak) I've seen, and even then I wasn't completely satisfied with the portrayal of its gay characters. At least in the Peruvian one, I wanted to punch a hole through my TV screen every time Tomas or Charlie referred to each other using female pronouns.

And then in "La Lola," I thought they'd deal with the fact that, even though the protagonist now has the body of a woman, he still has the mind of a guy and, as such, should still be attracted to women. However, the only time they addressed it, Lola picked up a woman at a bar and took her back to her apartment, but freaked out when she realized that she was about to kiss a woman while in the body of a woman and even more when she found out the entire office now thought she was a lesbian. It made no sense.

Anyway, just something I've been pondering (I have too much time on my hands these days). Are there/were there any other telenovelas with gay characters? How did you find the portrayal?

DanaMB

DanaMB

Stalker

Posted Feb 6, 2011 @ 1:24 AM

I've seen a few in minor roles. It's always been male and the stereotypical flamboyant male. Unfortunately.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2011 @ 12:14 PM

Thinking about that: Pecados ajenos had a pair of younger gay characters who weren't flamboyant (though there were multiple bits about them trying to hide/deny things IIRC, so that probably counts). And Eva Luna has a secondary character, Giorgio, who was just revealed to be gay in a rather matter-of-fact way. Apart from those, from what I've seen DanaMB is right--they're either Liberace-class or simply believed to be gay for one reason or another.

Niuxita

Niuxita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2011 @ 12:25 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing lesbians are completely nonexistant, then? Though I could have sworn I read somewhere about a telenovela starring Jacqueline Bracamontes a few years ago ("Las Tontas No Van Al Cielo"?) where one of the supporting female characters was a lesbian and had a crush on JB's character. Hmm.

noimporta

noimporta

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 6, 2011 @ 2:04 PM

Like "Los Exitosos Pells," it sprouted a couple of remakes, including a Chilean one and, most recently, a Peruvian one that just started airing here in Peru a couple of weeks ago, with (surprise!) Gianella Neyra in the title role (it amuses me that this makes two consecutive Argentine remakes that she stars in).

Not only two consecutive Argentine remakes, but in both cases the roles that were originally played by Carla Peterson! :)

Though I could have sworn I read somewhere about a telenovela starring Jacqueline Bracamontes a few years ago ("Las Tontas No Van Al Cielo"?) where one of the supporting female characters was a lesbian and had a crush on JB's character. Hmm.

I haven't seen all of Las Tontas, but yes, that novela did have a lesbian character with a crush on JB. Also there were two gay characters on Tierra de Pasiones who were practically two normal, average (OK, one of them was rich, the other the long lost son of the heroine) young guys who just happened to be gay. Plus Horacio on Más Sabe el Diablo was definitely less flamboyant than the usual gay stereotype on novelas, I saw him more as a guy who was simply at peace with himself.

But back to LaLola, there was also the Spanish executive who happened to be lesbian, she was quite attracted to Lola and she also felt something, but by that time he/she already began her emotional transformation as well. I think that was the biggest problem for her, she was still thinking of herself as Lalo, and couldn't accept being attracted to another guy, while at the same time she was not attracted to women anymore.

Edited by noimporta, Feb 6, 2011 @ 2:07 PM.

Niuxita

Niuxita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2011 @ 12:19 AM

noimporta, do you know if any of those characters you mention actually ended the novelas in a relationship or were they just celibate through the whole thing to avoid having to show same-sex romantic scenes? I'm really curious about what the standards are about what can be shown in telenovelas specifically.

But back to LaLola, there was also the Spanish executive who happened to be lesbian, she was quite attracted to Lola and she also felt something, but by that time he/she already began her emotional transformation as well. I think that was the biggest problem for her, she was still thinking of herself as Lalo, and couldn't accept being attracted to another guy, while at the same time she was not attracted to women anymore.

Wait, WHAT? Really? Is this further along the novela or near the beginning? I'm not as sold on the Peruvian version as I was with the Peruvian "Los Exitosos Gomes," partly because the actor that plays Facundo is SO bland and the character is such a walking cheeseball that I found Lola much more interesting as a potential lesbian, but I'm willing to continue watching for that. The thing I had a problem with regarding Lola still thinking of herself as Lalo in the beginning is that she shouldn't have had a problem sealing the deal with the woman she met at the bar, because, I mean, if you suddenly find yourself a man trapped in a woman's body, wouldn't "coming out" as a lesbian be the solution to all your problems? Heh. I also found the reaction of the people from the office to Lola's supposed "lesbianism" to be quite offensive and over the top. I mean, come on. Lesbians aren't lepers. The one good thing about that whole fiasco is that the woman Lola picked up at the bar was played by the same actress who played Amanda in "Los Exitosos Gomes" (my favourite Amanda of the three) so having her flirt with Gianella Neyra basically made all my dreams come true. Sigh.

(Also, do they ever go there with Lola and Grace, even for a little bit, or does Grace just let go of her crush on Lalo when she realizes he's not coming back? I admit, the second reason why I'm watching is because I ship those two like CRAZY.)

Edited by Niuxita, Feb 7, 2011 @ 12:21 AM.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2011 @ 7:30 AM

Dare I say it: Eva Luna has actually gotten very good lately--and it's either matching or beating Triunfo del Amor's Stateside ratings, which may say a lot (or very little about TDA, whichever). No idea how many episodes are left, though--last night was episode 70, IIRC, and finally began Eva's direct clashes with the show's Axis of Evil after a one-year timeskip. The timeskip also gave us the requisite fated couple's baby, two marriages, and multiple opportunities for Susana Dosamantes and her Queen Snooki hair to bring the crazy as the head of the Axis.

Alguien te mira is supposedly two-ish weeks out from its finale at this point...and apart from Rafael Amaya being remarkably creepy it's probably noteworthy for making its heroine not really likable (and introducing a character who probably would be a healthier match for the hero than her, and who amazingly has not been killed off--yet).

DanaMB

DanaMB

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2011 @ 7:59 PM

it's probably noteworthy for making its heroine not really likable (and introducing a character who probably would be a healthier match for the hero than her, and who amazingly has not been killed off--yet).

I haven't been reading novela boards as much as I used to, so I thought I was all alone thinking Piedad was awful. I was sure I was supposed to love her because she is the "heroine." Once I logged on to various sites, I realized I wasn't alone. Now that I realize others feel this way, it certainly does make it an interesting novela wherein the heroine is disliked.

I really don't want Piedad and Rodrigo to end up together. She's toxic for him.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2011 @ 6:13 PM

The thing I'm worried about WRT Piedad is that they're going to gloss everything over like crazy in order to get her her happy ending with Rodrigo. Which would suck on one hand since she's way over the line between "standard bitchy heroine who's been misinformed by everybody" and "full tilt passive-aggressive bitch" (though I suppose both apply in this case). On the other hand Rodrigo really has become more of a heroic character at this point, and he's never really wavered from caring for Piedad--even when he should, and even by novela standards--and it would be fitting for the hero to finally prove himself worthy, yadda yadda, of his beloved.

This show's so messed up, though, I honestly don't know which way they're going to jump with this.

DanaMB

DanaMB

Stalker

Posted Feb 13, 2011 @ 6:32 PM

I have a feeling you're right. Very few novelas end with the hero/heroine not together.

I also wonder if the writers meant for her to come across this way.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2011 @ 7:06 PM

That's a very good question. Novela heroines have to have periods where they're uber-judgmental, dismissive, and outright hostile (with a side order of passive-aggressive "I love you, don't touch me!") towards their one great love, but in the case of Piedad Estévez it wasn't just a period--it's been most of the entire damn show. Though I do wonder: one of the two protagonists of ¿Dónde Está Elisa? was a bit of an overt scumbag, as I understand it, and this is/was from the same folks...

And why Telemundo insists on holding back its finale/premiere airdates until the last minute I still don't know, but they finally announced that Alguien te mira ends next Friday, with La Reina del Sur replacing it on the following Monday.