Rhode Island

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

24 replies to this topic

SpyRI

SpyRI

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 27, 2004 @ 12:14 PM

Hi! Anyone from Vo Dilun? It would be great to meet up!

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2004 @ 1:20 AM

I think a meeting in RI would be great just because I could not make it up to Boston.

SpyRI

SpyRI

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2004 @ 8:20 AM

That would be great! A couple of the Boston Twoppers know and are near Providence too, or we could do it Rhody style and meet near the beaches, any ideas?

CRM

CRM

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 28, 2004 @ 10:16 PM

I too missed the Boston TWoPCon, and I can get to RI...let us all know

ContemplatveDtz

ContemplatveDtz

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2004 @ 4:30 PM

Providence-based.... I'm in.

bastillemetro

bastillemetro

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2004 @ 1:25 PM

Me too.

nattielite

nattielite

Posted May 19, 2004 @ 1:27 PM

I just moved to Providence from Boston. I could definitely be interested.

SpyRI

SpyRI

Channel Surfer

Posted May 20, 2004 @ 5:31 PM

I'm glad we have some people, this will be fun. Providence has some great places, restaurants, etc, or if people want to trek down to the beach, there's the fantastic Ocean Mist in Matunuck, good Mexican food and an incredible location on the water. Providence is probably easier for anyone coming from Mass, though. Thayer Street is always fun, I haven't been there in a while, but is that Thai place still there?

Stephen

Stephen

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 23, 2004 @ 11:02 AM

Seems that the Boston con isn't really going to be happening, so if no one minds an out-of-stater I'd love to go.

nattielite

nattielite

Posted May 24, 2004 @ 1:26 PM

I don't know of a Thai place on Thayer. The only Thai restaurant I've been to is Sawaddee on Hope Street and it's BYOB.

But I was just at KartaBar on Thayer. Good martinis!

SpyRI

SpyRI

Channel Surfer

Posted May 27, 2004 @ 3:21 PM

Stephen that would be great! KartaBar sounds good, I've wanted a reason to go up to Providence to try that calamari! Kartabar review

nattielite

nattielite

Posted Jun 5, 2004 @ 9:50 AM

We could do Kartabar. I had a great burger there, but it would have to be a weekday.

mercolleen

mercolleen

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2005 @ 11:06 AM

No provcons in almost a year?? We need to rectify this, especially as we are entering a week of new Desperate Housewives, Veronica Mars, Lost, Alias, and OC! Who's with me?

katchaya

katchaya

Channel Surfer

Posted May 2, 2005 @ 9:47 PM

who's watching Deadwood in SE MASS/RI ?? anyone??

Provmaria

Provmaria

Just Tuned In

Posted May 3, 2005 @ 11:49 AM

I would love to have a get together in Providence! Just tell me where and when.

MattH

MattH

Just Tuned In

Posted May 5, 2005 @ 6:21 PM

I'm definitely in. Want to do it on a Wednesday night once Lost and Alias are over?

mercolleen

mercolleen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 7, 2005 @ 1:30 PM

Ok. How about next Wednesday, July 13? Wild Colonial. 8 p.m.

MattH

MattH

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 7, 2005 @ 6:11 PM

Sweet! I'll be there.

mercolleen

mercolleen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 14, 2005 @ 1:01 PM

MattH - Remember when you almost popped a vein talking about your hatred of JJ Abrams?

Provmaria - Great to meet you! We'll have to have a Lost season 2 premiere party!

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2005 @ 11:23 PM

So are there going to be any other Rhode Island Cons? I would gladly go if someone else sets it up. I know I said that before and I did not go to the last one.

Provmaria

Provmaria

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 27, 2005 @ 10:49 AM

Is it the time for Rhode Islanders to get together again? I think so.

RebeccaMarie

RebeccaMarie

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 1, 2005 @ 5:15 PM

I'd be in for a RI Con ...

Paul2k

Paul2k

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 23, 2005 @ 2:03 AM

Hey Rhode Islanders!

If anyone wants to join us, me and Sock-girlie Pam are getting together for drinks and possible Karaoke action somewhere around Providence on Tuesday, the 27th. Why? Because I'm visiting my family in MA for the holidays from L.A., and I thought it would be great to hang with Fantastic Pam. Details are not firm yet, but they will be. At some point.

Drop me an email if you are interested.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 11:43 PM

I would love to get together with some Bostonians and Rhode Islanders. In fact, I would love to host it at my home considering that my basement was finally finished into the lovely home theater/ bar that we originally wanted. I live in Attleboro, so it isnít all that far from Providence, though it could be quite the hike from Boston.

I received Goblet of Fire and would love to have a get together screening with fellow TWoPpers. (We have a big screen TV, surround sound etc.)

The best time for me is March 25 or 26, time to be determined, though I was thinking more afternoonish perhaps evening. Email me if you're interested and I can give directions etc. I also posted this in the Boston thread.

I should also note that I have two dogs that will be kept upstairs, a three year old that will hopefully be kept occupied by his own DVD collection and a three month that will be happy to be with mommy. Oh, and a hubby who will hopefully be distracting the three year old.

Anyway, just an idea...

ETA Since I haven't heard from anyone and there hasn't been any interest posted I guess I'll have to pull the offer off the proverbial table. Perhaps another time?

Edited by frenchtoast, Mar 20, 2006 @ 5:43 PM.

Provmaria

Provmaria

Just Tuned In

Posted May 21, 2010 @ 11:44 AM

Come on, I know I'm not the only one on TWOP in RI! We should gather. How about the first weekend in June?