Boston

• Please log in to reply

975 replies to this topic

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 7:25 PM

As it turns out, got to see family today for lunch. So, I can be there on Sunday. Any thoughts to time?

Romantique

Romantique

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2013 @ 5:14 PM

We were thinking around 1pm....would that work?
Head of the Charles regatta is this weekend so there will be lots of traffic in Cambridge. Would it be okay to move the venue to the Cheesecake Factory at the Burlington Mall?

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Oct 20, 2013 @ 6:18 AM

1 PM would work for me. Mr. Toast says he'll drive me with the kids--there's a LEGO store there so they'll like that. Though after what was spent at King Richard's Faire and the holidays coming up, it'll be more for wish list.

We were so tired last night that I didn't reply because my entire being was just longing for bed.

ednakrabapel

ednakrabapel

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2013 @ 10:02 AM

There's also a Rainforest Cafe and a Barnes and Noble across the street.  See you at 1:00 in Burlington.

Romantique

Romantique

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 9:59 AM

Hi everyone!  I hope that you are all doing well, those of you still reading this thread :-)!  I just wanted to say hello before TWoP closes its doors for good, even though the forums are supposed to be up until May 31st.  There's a possibility that I might be in Boston sometime the last week of April so it might be nice if I could squeeze in a TWoPcon while there (will keep you posted). 

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 10:30 AM

I'd love to have another TWoPCon.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 10:59 AM

I'd love to see folks again, too.

Too Late Kev

Too Late Kev

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 3:46 PM

I'd be interested if we could go someplace other than the typical Cheesecake Factory, specifically, somewhere I can eat gluten-free (not a choice, a necessity for me). There's a PF Chang's at the CambridgeSide Galleria; that would be a possibility. But if people want to stick with the Cheesecake Factory, that's fine, too; I'll opt out.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 9:10 AM

Well, if it isn't a problem to come south, the Toast house would be happy to host. I'll lock the kids in the basement--don't worry, they have an Xbox and 3D tv down there, they'll be fine--and I can easily cook gluten free. I can even get gluten free cheesecake that is damn good from A&J bakery in Cranston, RI. We love having people over, so it wouldn't be an issue other than the distance.

Too Late Kev

Too Late Kev

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 12:45 PM

That would be lovely. Are there people who don't have cars? I could pick people up at the nearest T or commuter station.

Romantique

Romantique

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 10:06 AM

It turns out that I will only be in town for a few weekdays this month and not during part of the weekend as I had hoped (which would work better for everyone.  But I am happy to drive up on any other future weekend that works for everyone and accept frenchtoast's kind invitation!

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 10:26 AM

While I'm glad you don't have to stay over a weekend for work, I'm sorry we might not get to see you.

So, smrou and Kev. So good weekends--April 19 (day before Easter, not hosting so I'm good. Phil and kids might be visiting family in NY), April 26/27 and May 3/4-->Tacos! I should also note that I have no plans during Spring Break (April 21-25) so if that works out, we could do that. Kev, you could bring the kids--we have Marvel movies and Lord of the Ring movies. Just throwing it out there.

I don't have Edna's contact info. Don't know if someone else can drop her a line and point her here. 

We're pretty quiet here, so weekends in May and June are good for me, too, in case Romantique is thinking of visiting Boston in those months.

Too Late Kev

Too Late Kev

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 10:33 PM

Sorry, toast! I saw your post about weekends and thought, "I have to look at my calendar," and here it is days and days later! We're gone for the break and have a kid's event on May 3, but May 4th would be good. I would leave the kids at home -- way more fun for me. :)

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 4:57 PM

Hey, sorry for not responding before but I'm totally on-board for a get-together at toast's house, even if it's just a few of us. It'll still be fun to sit around and chat, eat, drink. We could even watch something or play a game! (I'm all about living life on the edge, I am.) I don't see anything on my calendar for May 4th (Star Wars Day!) and actually it looks like my May is still pretty open in general at this point.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2014 @ 8:51 AM

May the 4th (be with you) sounds great! Noonish sound good?

I'll PM with address/phone/cell/email.  

Too Late Kev

Too Late Kev

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2014 @ 4:41 PM

toast, I sent you an email; Noonish sounds great.