Boston

• Please log in to reply

973 replies to this topic

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

Friday Apr 6 works for me, too.

Having said that, if later in April works for more people, have at it. I can always catch another TWoPCon.

ednakrabapel

ednakrabapel

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 7:46 PM

Hi everyone,
Hope you all are well. I can't make it Friday, but I know Romantique is coming up in May. Would it be too soon to do another Saturday May 5?

Also, does anyone know how to stay logged in? Every time I browse I think I am logged in but keep missing message and alerts and the like.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

It seems it might be better to wait until Romantique visits and have the Con then.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 6:59 AM

I think that's a good idea. Will you be up and about by then, frenchtoast?

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:31 AM

Looking at the recovery sheet I will hopefully be able to move around and drive, but there's never any guarantee. Most likely, I'll still be in a boot, but since it's my left foot I will probably be able to drive. Lord, I hope so. I'll need a big dose of cheesecake by then. And I'll definitely want to get out of the house.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:12 PM

Just a quick update that the surgery went well, but I won't be getting the boot until Monday. I don't know how mobile I'll be by the end of the week, though I'm hoping that the relative lack of pain the past two weeks bodes well. I would say have the TWoPCon and I'll try to attend. I may ask Mr. Toast to drop me off, but at this point in time, it's a wait and see for me.

ednakrabapel

ednakrabapel

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

Glad to hear your surgery went ok.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:13 PM

So, things are going well, I can hobble around without crutches today. Don't know that I can drive at this point, but was going to try around the neighborhood this weekend. Before I ask Mr. Toast to drop me off, is there still a TWoPCon this weekend?

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

I'm in if others are.

agtpop

agtpop

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

I'm in for this Saturday! What time - noon, 1pm?

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

Mr. Toast can drop me off Saturday or Sunday, so I'm game for either and lunchtime works for me both days.

ednakrabapel

ednakrabapel

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 1:14 PM

Mr. Toast can drop me off Saturday or Sunday, so I'm game for either and lunchtime works for me both days.

Cool. How about Saturday @ 12 at cheesecake factory, cambridgeside?

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

Sounds good to me, edna.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

Sounds good to me, too.

Romantique

Romantique

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

Sorry I haven't checked in! Looking forward to tomorrow.

Romantique

Romantique

Fanatic

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 8:57 AM

Hello there! I will be in town in a few weekends, and hoping we can all get together at our usual place on Sunday, November 4th at 1pm. Let me know if this works with everyone, and please let people know to check this thread too! I miss our TWoPcons!

agtpop

agtpop

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

Hi Romantique!

Sorry I missed you...I was actually out of town this past weekend but let us know when you are around again and maybe we can rustle up a few people to get together.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2013 @ 7:23 AM

Is it agtpop that is a runner? I know her real name, begins with J, but I can't associate her real with her screen name. I don't know that she ran marathons, though. Thinking of you gals even though I don't think any of us live in Boston proper.

somedude81

somedude81

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 9:02 PM

Yes frenchtoast I believe you are correct, agtpop is the runner in the group.  I too hope that she wasn't involved in the incident.

Romantique

Romantique

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2013 @ 3:45 PM

Greetings everyone!  It's been an age since I've posted here or been in the Boston area, but I am planning to be there next weekend.  Would you all be interested in a TWoPcon brunch or lunch on Sunday, August 11th at our old haunting ground, the Cheesecake Factory?  I know it's short notice so I understand if you can't make it.  I will try PMing some of you as well.  Hope you are all doing well!  I am doing well in New Jersey but definitely miss Boston and am looking forward to visiting!  Let me know if you can come and what time works out best.  I hope to see as many of you there as possible! 

Edited by Romantique, Aug 2, 2013 @ 4:30 PM.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Aug 3, 2013 @ 7:35 AM

I'm pretty sure I'll be there!

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Aug 4, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

So, I might be in Maine on the 11th or I might not. If I'm in town I definitely want to come and see folks. I have to get in touch with my sister to figure out plans, so once I'll do that I'll (hopefully) be able to give a definite response.

ednakrabapel

ednakrabapel

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 1:09 PM

That works for me.  

Is anyone else completely horrified by Big Brother this season?

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 9:19 PM

Okay, I'll definitely be in Maine this weekend. So sorry to miss you, Romantique! And everyone else, of course.

Romantique

Romantique

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 9:55 AM

I won't be able to make it to Boston this weekend after all. I am still getting over a bad summer cold and wouldn't want to spread it around. Hope to see you all another time!

ednakrabapel

ednakrabapel

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:20 AM

Hope you're feeling better!

Romantique

Romantique

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 7:45 PM

Hello there!  I'm feeling much better but still bummed I wasn't able to visit.  However, I'll be in town again next month and hope to see everyone who is available.  How about Sunday, October 20th at 1pm at the Cheesecake Factory?

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 8:30 AM

Ack! I was supposed to come back and reply! I'm pretty sure I can make Sunday, but I might know better Friday. Just found out a family member, after dealing with breast cancer has bone cancer. It just....suuuuucks. Though the prognosis is very good and she would only need oral meds. So there's that. The flip side is she's keeping it on the downlow and we're the only others she's really told. But she'd like to see us and if she doesn't visit her parents this weekend, we might get together on Sunday. So...there's that. And Saturday we're going to King Richard's Fair. So,yeah. I'm a big maybe.

Romantique

Romantique

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 9:46 AM

It is great to be in town and I have tried to PM as many people as possible - hope to see as many of you as possible this Sunday and hope you are all doing well!

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 2:44 PM

Oh right. I had also meant to come back and reply and then forgot. Unfortunately my weekend is booked solid, so I can't meet on Sunday. Boo.