Boston

• Please log in to reply

974 replies to this topic

somedude81

somedude81

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 5, 2011 @ 12:07 AM

I'll be out of town for a wedding this weekend, so I won't be able to make the meeting. Hope you guys have a good time!

ednakrabapel

ednakrabapel

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2011 @ 3:21 PM

Loved seeing everyone who could make it over the weekend. We were talking about a thread that had the de motivational posters. What was that thread called?

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Aug 10, 2011 @ 7:25 AM

Here's the thread and here's the post with the bald motivator I had mentioned (second "picture" in the post). In the beginning of the thread is a lot of funny motivators. It's, erm, evolved since, but still funny at times.

somedude81

somedude81

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 11:13 AM

I know that there was a meeting just last month, but would you guys be interested in having another meeting soon? I decided to accept a new job, which will be taking me out of the area, and I'd like to be able to say goodbye to everyone.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 9:13 PM

It's funny, I just came here to see when we could all get together again. The only weekend I'm free this month is 9/23-9/25. I know that October is busy all month for some. When will you be leaving?

And may I just say, a rainy first day of school is not that much fun.

somedude81

somedude81

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 11:03 PM

I'm not sure when I'll be leaving yet because my start date hasn't been established, but it's possible that I may be gone by the 23rd. I'll report back when I get my start date. Does anyone else have schedule constraints?

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2011 @ 5:12 PM

Just found out that I'll probably be free this Sunday (9/18). Next Friday/weekend (9/23-25) is free.

somedude81

somedude81

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2011 @ 9:25 AM

It looks like I will still be around on the weekend of 9/23-9/25, and I may be able to do this Sunday (9/18) also.

agtpop

agtpop

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 15, 2011 @ 4:20 PM

I'm free this Sunday (18th) and available on Sunday the 25th as well. I'm not available September 23-24. Hope we can work something out to get together! Would someone perhaps message a couple others (edna, smrou?) to see if they could make it as well?

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2011 @ 5:34 AM

Oh hi! I'd been meaning to check in here because I figure with premiere week coming up there'd be stuff to talk about. Didn't know that somedude was moving away, though. We keep losing people to jobs elsewhere!

Anyway, I'm free this Sunday afternoon and I believe I've got nothing going on next weekend. So either of those would work fine for me.

somedude81

somedude81

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 12:04 AM

OK, how about we go for lunch this Sunday? Does 1:30 sound OK with everyone?

agtpop

agtpop

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 6:47 AM

This Sunday at 1:30 works for me - looking forward to seeing you all then!

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 4:29 PM

1:30 tomorrow. Sounds like a plan.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 6:49 PM

Well, I thought there was nothing planned for tomorrow, but it turns out Mr. Toast is going to some model rail road thing that he told me about, but I didn't think about when I said Sunday would work for me. So, unless I bring the kids, I'm a no for tomorrow. I'm sorry! Have fun and good luck with your new job, somedude!

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 7:52 PM

Why don't we hold off until next Sunday then? It sounds like that would work for everyone.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 9:00 PM

Next Sunday definitely works for me. (I hate throwing such a wrench in the works.)

somedude81

somedude81

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 17, 2011 @ 10:42 PM

Argh, I will be in town next Sunday, but won't be available to meet. Sorry, but I think we will have to keep the plan for tomorrow. frenchtoast, perhaps you can call in from your home to say hi?

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 7:19 AM

Okey doke. See you at 1:30.

agtpop

agtpop

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 10:40 AM

If it's only the three of us for today, maybe it would be better to reschedule for sometime next weekend if that's better for more people, even if I can't make it? Say Friday evening or Saturday sometime?

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 11:05 AM

Okay, well if we're meeting today I have to leave fairly soon. Since somedude's last word was that he expects to meet today and I don't know if he'll be checking this thread within the next hour or so it may be too late to change plans. I'd hate for him to stand there at the restaurant waiting and have nobody show up.

If we're just three we're just three--we would probably only be three next weekend, too. But I'll check in here before leaving (between 12:30 and 12:45) and if the plan has changed then that's fine and I can do it some other time.

somedude81

somedude81

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 3:11 PM

Sorry that I didn't check the board before I left on Sunday.

smrou, agtpop, and frenchtoast, thanks for the good wishes! I will continue to check this thread in the future to see how everyone is doing.

ednakrabapel

ednakrabapel

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2011 @ 5:06 PM

Step 1.
Clear history on browser.
Step 2.
Go on twop without realizing I am not signed in, so no message alerts.
Step 3.
Check twop cons thread and realize you have missed twop con.
Step 4.
Feel like an ass.

I'm sorry I missed it guys. Some dude, good luck.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Nov 19, 2011 @ 9:44 PM

It's been a while, so I don't think this will ping anyone's subscription, but...

The Muppet Movie is coming out next week and at the last TWoPCon I was at, edna mentioned she needed some kids to go and I offered mine. (That doesn't sound right). We'll be going sometime in December, but I couldn't say exactly when. Would there be any interest in making it a group?

agtpop

agtpop

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 1, 2011 @ 1:41 PM

Hi frenchtoast! I would be up for a group outing to The Muppet Movie! Let me know, if you haven't gone already, when you might want to plan that, and hopefully I would be able to come too.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 9:13 AM

I know smrou already saw it over the Thanksgiving holiday. But I'll PM edna and see what she says. This weekend is no good for me, though next Saturday or Friday night might work. The following weekend would work, too.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 7:25 PM

Hey, guys. Time to start planning a spring TWoPCon? I realize this thread has probably dropped off people's subscription lists (I know it dropped off mine), so I'll put this here and wait a while then start PMing folks.

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

I'd love a TWoPCon! I'll be having bunion surgery on April 12, so if it's after that, I'll have to sit it out. (Well, I'm hoping to be up and about by the end of May, but that's a ways off.)

agtpop

agtpop

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 3:27 PM

Yay, TWoPCon! Hmm, for before April 12, this weekend seems a bit too short of notice, and then next weekend is Easter, so probably Sunday wouldn't be the best day, but what do people think of Saturday April 7??

ETA: Friday April 6 would be fine with me.

Edited by agtpop, Mar 28, 2012 @ 8:51 AM.

Summer InA Bowl

Summer InA Bowl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

Thanks for alerting me, smrou! I'm around this coming weekend but probably can't make the Saturday before Easter.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:58 PM

This weekend is totally booked for me, unfortunately. Actually, this weekend and Easter Sunday are the only times I'm not free, I think. We did Friday the last couple of times. Any chance for the Friday before Easter? I know that's Good Friday, and therefore perhaps a bad day, but it would work for me.

By the way, anyone have edna's e-mail? I PMed her, but don't know if she'll get it.

Edited by smrou, Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:58 PM.