Beavis and Butt-head

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

378 replies to this topic

scowl

scowl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 23, 2011 @ 5:13 PM

Todd is the coolest and everything, but Todd's new voice isn't as menacing as the old voice. Old Todd always sounded like he'd rather be pounding your face than talking to it. Nice to see his buddy Slade.

The boys' riffing is way more observant than the old show, almost to MST3K level. I never would have noticed that kid was carrying his boom box pointed the wrong way so how did B&B notice? It seems like they're so much smarter in front of the TV than Mr. "Mmmm K" Van Driesen.

I'm hoping the finale will have some MTV show with fire in it so Beavis can go nuts.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Dec 23, 2011 @ 8:56 PM

No way Butthead knows what "iron filings" are! Ha. But he was right about the guy's douchey beard. Not for nothing, though, whoever gave those POS excuses for people on JA need to be jailed for animal cruelty. You don't feed them pizza!

I was cracking up they only got through there names on the test. I figured they would have filled them all out at random and got everything right, but that's not really the way they play on the show.

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

• Interests:I like TV.

Posted Dec 24, 2011 @ 6:58 AM

"That's the way we roll through the Century 21 branch office" was the line of the night for me.

scowl

scowl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 27, 2011 @ 11:57 AM

I was cracking up they only got through there names on the test. I figured they would have filled them all out at random and got everything right, but that's not really the way they play on the show.

One amazing thing this show does is avoid an obvious idiot joke like that and finding something even stupider for the boys to do, something so stupid we never would have thought of it.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2011 @ 10:30 PM

Season finale! :(

Whorehouse: A Bible-thumper accusing patrons of a Women's Health Clinic of being whores, so Beavis & Butt-Head assume that he's advertising a Whorehouse. Such a simple premise. Regardless of the sarcasm and tasers, they still think they're gonna score.

It's about time the boys riffed on "Billionaire" and "For Someone" "This guy's trying to make his voice scratchier than usual." Butt-Head commenting that Beavis looks & acts just like Jake Walden great. Implementing a DVR for once was just an awesome touch.

Going Down: Beavis and Butt-Head. In an elevator with a woman. Again, such a simple premise. It's about time that someone takes advantage of their need to score to solve a problem. That problem of course, is how to run far away from Beavis & Butt-Head. And the season ends with the boys left to die and resort to camilalism in an elevator. Just love how Beavis was totally okay with being killed & eaten if he got to kill & eat Butt-Head next.

"These soups taste worse than those songs you write!"

Woo, more Jersey Shore! "That ball needs a tan." You know, thanks to this show I assume that every commercial I see for Jersey Shore will be followed by Beavis & Butt-Head commentary. Thanks for the letdown, MTV.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2011 @ 1:19 AM

I thought it had its funny moments but found it disappointing for the second week in a row. The season didn't end strongly but this was a great overall return for Beavis and Butt-Head.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2011 @ 2:00 AM

I thought the stories were fun. The only bad news for this season is that we got all the couch bits from the original series except for Butthead bitch-slapping Beavis. That was always awesome. Watching a new bit with them napping while the Jersey Shore gang didn't fight or fuck was a nice touch. As for how white trash like them could get a DVR . . . eh. Suspension of disbelief.

Like how the woman on the elevator tricked the boys into giving her a boost, and showed disrespect by digging her heels into their backs . . . and didn't bother sending help for them.

Philyra

Philyra

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2011 @ 8:58 AM

I think I'm going to make "Whores! Fornicators!" my new ringtone.

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2011 @ 9:07 AM

As for how white trash like them could get a DVR . . . eh. Suspension of disbelief.

I work in the cable/satellite industry. If TV is important to people, they find a way to pay, and TV is probably just as important to the bill payers in that house as it is to the kids, so I'm a believer. (Plus, that was really funny that Butthead used the rewind to torture Beavis. I've been known to do that to people.)

Raider Duck

Raider Duck

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

Line of the night: "Get me some Progresso, BEE-OTCH!"

scowl

scowl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2011 @ 4:02 PM

While the season didn't end as strongly as it started, that was probably too much to ask for. In Whorehouse I was expecting the protester to hand Butt-head the megaphone. As soon as his voice is amplified, he always starts with the same thing:

"Uhhhhhh. Heh heh. This is gonna be so cool. Uhhhhh...."

I also expected that Butt-head would impress him by asking the "whores" to come out, you know, trying to reason with them. Instead the confrontation with the security guard was predictable.

I think I laughed every time the feller yelled "Whores! Fornicators!" He probably spends hours in strip clubs screaming that at the dancers.

Going Down didn't make me laugh. These minimalist ideas usually work and the security tape flash-forward was clever but they boys didn't do anything especially unpredictable.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2011 @ 8:26 PM

Whorehouse felt like it ended too soon. It could have been a half hour episode. I figured more would happen once B and B got into the actual clinic.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

I went to MoCCA Fest -- a small indie comic con -- this past weekend. Among the attendees was Rick Parker, who did the B&B comic series two decades ago. I had an idea, and he ran with it. Sweet, yes?

Any word on when a new season will start up?

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:57 PM

Heh-heh-heh. That's awesome!

runningoutofnam

runningoutofnam

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:05 PM

Beavis and Butt-Head are Texans...

There have been numerous references through the show for years that point Highland as being in Texas. A reference is in the banned episode where they go down to Mexico and swallow drug filled condoms.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

• Interests:Too many to list

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

" I wonder if that means Lawndale (Daria's town) is also in Texas?

runningoutofnam

runningoutofnam

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:03 PM

I wonder if that means Lawndale (Daria's town) is also in Texas?

Been a long time since I saw the show so I cannot say for certain if there were clues or not as to the location. Could have been in another state. There was only one referance to Highland from the wikipedia entry.

But Beavis and Butthead did have several slight references to Texas.

The episode with the trip to Mexico had the border agent asking if the boys knew the capital of texas. Plus the truck may have had the texas state emblem on it.

I have to watch the banned pilot episode involving the god of feces but there may have been a Texas reference there with the commerical for the monster truck rally.

I mean Judge lived in Austin so why not have it take place in Texas. Movie just confirmed what a lot of people suspected.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Dec 23, 2012 @ 2:11 AM

Has there been any word as to whether there will be another season? Right now, Comedy Central is running episodes into the wee hours, alternating with South Park. Hate to think last year's output was all Mike Judge had, and we'll be stuck with teen moms and rednecks on MTV.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Dec 24, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

My guess is we won't see another season, at least not on MTV. The ratings started out strong with 3.1 million viewers tuning into the premiere but they steadily declined and only 900,000 people watched the finale. That's bad even for cable.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Dec 24, 2012 @ 5:19 PM.