Beavis and Butt-head

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

378 replies to this topic

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2004 @ 12:40 PM

Did anyone here get to see the Beavis and Butt-head episodes that aired on MTV2 this weekend?

Nflux Forever

Nflux Forever

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2004 @ 3:34 PM

I did. Liked the videos between the segments. As idiotic as they were, B&B always seemed more astute while watching the videos.

crescentfresh

crescentfresh

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 12:00 AM

Whaaa? MTV2 actually aired the old episodes with videos? Is there any chance they'll show them again? I miss that show very much, but the video-less DVD's just don't seem worth the money.

DivineShorty02

DivineShorty02

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 1:08 AM

I loved it when they would watch Michael Bolton and Journey videos. Their reactions killed me. In 6th grade, I would watch some B&B and Singled Out and my day would be complete.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 9:50 AM

Wait a minute. The DVDs don't include the videos?! Good to know.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 10:53 AM

The videos were definitely the best part. One of the ones I remember best was I think the video for "Over the Hills and Far Away" by Led Zeppelin. Basically at the beginning Beavis is getting mad since it starts of really slow and is kind of wussy. But Butt-head assures him that the song eventually rocks and that he should shut-up. Then of course once it does start to rock they both go crazy and sing along with the guitar part. It's very funny.

appleeyes84

appleeyes84

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 12:00 PM

Yup. Damn shame. Glad to know that we helped you save some money. I bought the VHS tapes and while the episodes are funny, I agree that the videos are the icing on the cake. NO videos, NOT worth it.

Whaaa? MTV2 actually aired the old episodes with videos? Is there any chance they'll show them again? I miss that show very much, but the video-less DVD's just don't seem worth the money.

Hopefully they'll show them on the weekends from now on. I'm a channel surfer, so I had to catch them on the way. Some episodes only had videos after each segment, but it was still worth it.

I tried to catch the whole overnight mini-marathon, but my 4-month old felt that it mommy was up, then he deserved to be up too. damn it.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 6:08 PM

The videos were definitely the best part. One of the ones I remember best was I think the video for "Over the Hills and Far Away" by Led Zeppelin. Basically at the beginning Beavis is getting mad since it starts of really slow and is kind of wussy. But Butt-head assures him that the song eventually rocks and that he should shut-up. Then of course once it does start to rock they both go crazy and sing along with the guitar part. It's very funny.

That was one of my favorite video segments. Now when I hear that song on the radio, I think of that segment.

Hopefully they'll show them on the weekends from now on. I'm a channel surfer, so I had to catch them on the way. Some episodes only had videos after each segment, but it was still worth it.

I looked at next week's schedule and I don't see any episodes listed. I hope that this wasn't just a tease.

SusannahDean

SusannahDean

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 9:00 PM

What the--? What's Beavis and Butthead without the videos? Who's boneheaded decision was that?

Thank goodness I still have some episodes I taped off the tv years ago.

Navin

Navin

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 12:52 AM

What's Beavis and Butthead without the videos? Who's boneheaded decision was that?

Probably whoever would have paid for the rights to use all of those songs on the dvds. Music royalties can be very expensive.

SusannahDean

SusannahDean

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 8:04 AM

Ahh, then why bother putting the DVD's out? They're going to have some very dissatisfied customers with this. But maybe it's just me, as I hate it when stuff is cut out of the DVD versions. That's why I buy them, to get as much out of the program as I can. I certainly don't have any incentive to buy the DVDs now, much as I loved the cartoons. ::sigh::

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 9:53 AM

My thoughts exactly. It's not that they left something out; it's more like half the damn show is missing.

appleeyes84

appleeyes84

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 11:58 AM

There are two video segments that I like:

The first one they see is a Milli Vanilli video and they get these openmouthed looks like "Uh that sucks" Then they look at each other as in agreement that they need to change the channel ASAP. Not ONE word was spoken.

The second one was the Barry White video "Put Me In Your Mix". Barry White starts off with "Put It In" Butthead's like "Put It In...Cool!" At first they're talking about how fat and old he is and how could he get all the chicks. Then they see the women and as usual they start drooling.

I think the video for "Over the Hills and Far Away" by Led Zeppelin. Basically at the beginning Beavis is getting mad since it starts of really slow and is kind of wussy. But Butt-head assures him that the song eventually rocks and that he should shut-up. Then of course once it does start to rock they both go crazy and sing along with the guitar part. It's very funny.

That was pretty funny.

They could have had the courtesy to say that the videos were not included in the DVS/VHS collection, but then again, they wouldn't have made any sales. I think that they underestimated the effect that the videos had on the episodes.

Navin

Navin

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 12:52 PM

I like when they watch a Cure video and one of them says "These guys come from that country where everything sucks."

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 1:00 PM

Navin, is that the one where Butt-Head pretends to talk with a British accent? I seem to remember something like that. It was also funny when Butt-Head spoke fake Spanish.

phxchic

phxchic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 3:07 PM

My favorite B&B video segment was MC 900ft Jesus, If I Only Had a Brain. Beavis keeps singing the bass line, and Butt-head smacks him upside the head. Then at the end, Butt-Head starts singing it.

Believe it or not, I used to watch this show with my mother. She used to complain about the "crap" I watched, and I asked her if she'd ever seen an episode. She said no, so I told her she had to watch it with me if she wanted to complain (I was a HS junior at the time, I think). MC 900ft Jesus was the first one she saw. First she snickered, then she giggled, and when Butt-Head smacked Beavis, she howled.

After that, Mom would always ask me when it was going to be on.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 3:31 PM

That's funny. My mom is also bothered by the least hint of anything "vulgar" or gross, but she couldn't help cracking up while I was watching Beavis and Butt-head. Her favorite ep. is the one where the crew from COPS breaks down the door, and B & B don't realize they're watching themselves getting arrested on TV.

Sikamikanico

Sikamikanico

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 3:50 PM

My favorite B&B video segment was MC 900ft Jesus, If I Only Had a Brain. Beavis keeps singing the bass line, and Butt-head smacks him upside the head. Then at the end, Butt-Head starts singing it.

I saw that episode this weekend and laughed my ass off. You know what I wish? I wish that Mtv would get a channel like VH1 classic, except they would run their programming and videos dating form 1981-1999 ( I only made it 1999 so that they could include that 'Lamest Videos' special that cracks my shit up). I would so pay for that.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 3:57 PM

I think my favorite actual episode had to be the first appearance of the Great Cornholio. I mean it was just so bizarre that it was insanely funny. I mean how the hell did anyone think of that.

I AM CORNHOLIO!!! Whoa... that was cool heh heh.. I NEED T.P. FOR MY BUNGHOLE!! heh heh COME OUT WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN!!

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 4:11 PM

My friend and I used to quote from this show all the time, scaring the hell out of people around us in the process. Imagine being in a clothing store, and there's two teenage girls with glasses giggling in the corner, shouting shit like, "I need teepee for me bunghole! Where I come from we have no bungholes .... Lake Titicaca!!"

giebergoldfarb2

giebergoldfarb2

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 4:12 PM

From a Mike Judge interview at aintitcool.com:

They put out a couple of [Beavis & Butt-Head] DVD's without telling me, which broke a contract with me, so we're sorting that all out now. I was thinking about doing some shorts to put in front of movies, but I'm not so sure about that now. I do occasionally miss doing them. I've been looking through all of these episodes because we're going to do a DVD and, hopefully, do it right and, boy, there were some bad ones. The first two seasons are rough. After that, I'm really proud of it.

I just love the fact that MTV's most famous and successful cartoon is, basically, an attack on the MTV generation (assuming B&B are supposed to represent the type of kids who sit around watching music videos).

appleeyes84

appleeyes84

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 5:40 PM

My favorite episode was when Beavis and Butthead were bothering some girl at school and she paid them a dollar to leave her alone.

They go to this gas station and see that a gallon of gas is $1, so they actually ask the attendant for the gas. The attendant told asked them did they have a container, so Butthead told him, "Couldn't you just put it in a cup" Beavis says, "Or a bag or something that would be cool"

The attendant suggested that they buy a lottery ticket if they need to buy something. Butthead looks at the ticket and complains "This sucks, we lost, let's get outta here" The attendant told them they forgot to scratch it so when they do, they've won 500 bucks.

Our two favorite dumbasses buy a lawn mower for $499 and go back to the same gas station and ask for a gallon of gas with the $1 left over, because Beavis says "Yeah, we got a container"

Don't ask me how I remember all this, I guess this was the first time that I saw something unbelievably stupid that it was too funny.

phxchic

phxchic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 5:52 PM

I vaguely remember that one. I thought that they stole the lawnmower from Mr. Anderson. I totally forgot about the lottery ticket.

I saw the one this weekend where the teacher gets injured, so they get a substitute, and the substitute gets injured, and the teacher comes back, and the chalkboard falls on him. I noticed the teacher does the same "M'kay?" that Mr. Mackey does on South Park. Did TP and MS steal that?

Hee. TP. Are you threatening me?!? Almost 30, and I still pull my t-shirt over my head and do that. At least now, I only do it in my living room.

Raksha

Raksha

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 8:53 PM

My all time favorite episode is the one where Beavis gets a nosebleed. Butthead punches him and his nose starts bleeding. They try all these things, but they only make the bleeding worse. For instance, Beavis stands on his head and Butthead tries to make him drink a glass of water through his nose. Then they tie his nose to the doorknob with a string and slam the door shut (the entire screen is drenched in blood). They try to make him breathe through a paper bag. So by this time, Beavis has lost a ton of blood and is laying on the couch, covered in blood, and nearly unconscious. Butthead calls 911, but when the operator hears Beavis has a nosebleed she tells him it's not an emergency and hangs up. When Butthead tells Beavis that the operator said he'd be fine, he says (in this really weak, shaky voice) "That's nice...."

Finally Butthead goes to the gas station and gets someone (after being punched and getting a nose bleed himself) to buy him tampons out of the vending machine in the ladies room. Then you see him and Beavis on their couch with tampons stuffed up their noses talking about how "fresh" and "free" they feel and how they want to play tennis and go horse back riding. Hee!

tinasdad

tinasdad

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 9:05 PM

On one of my South Park DVDs, Trey Parker says he got Mr. Mackey's "mmmkay" from one of his teachers, so it would seem they didn't rip off B&B.

Which I loved. Most disturbing they don't have the music videos included in the DVDs. Can't believe they can't work that out.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 8:53 AM

Then you see him and Beavis on their couch with tampons stuffed up their noses talking about how "fresh" and "free" they feel and how they want to play tennis and go horse back riding. Hee!

Hilarious.

My favorite episode was when Beavis and Butthead were bothering some girl at school and she paid them a dollar to leave her alone.

Was that Daria, or the snotty cheerleader girl?

Are you threatening me?!?

Yeah, we used to do this, too. We'd also bust out with:
"Come to Butthead."
"Men have feelings, too/May I share mine with you?"
"This video's upbeat." "Yeah, it makes me wanna get up and beat it."
"The only Spanish you boys know is what you learned at Taco Bell, and Beavis can't even get that right."
"I'm double-jointed, hon."
"Try the morphine, it's excellent today!"

Navin

Navin

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 9:00 AM

I was out of college when B&B first aired. You all are making me feel old!

I've met the guy who inspired Beavis (a musician Mike Judge used to be in a band with). He's nothing like Beavis, real nice guy actually.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 9:08 AM

Just curious Navin, if this guy is nothing like Beavis how did he inspire the character? Does he look like him or something?

Another favorite episode of mine is the one where the escaped convict hides out at their house. He has the word killer tattooed on his forehead and they think his name is kyler. The funniest part is that Butt-head asks "kyler" to give him a tattoo of a butt with a butt tattoo on it and put that tattoo on his butt. I think at the end the guy goes back to prison and decided to become a tattoo artist.

The one where they think they find oil is great too just because they keep talking about " bubbling crude, black gold, Texas tea". Then at the end they found out instead of finding gold they just struck a sewer line.

Navin

Navin

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 10:02 AM

The guy who inspired Beavis is Texas blues guitarist Anson Funderburgh. Judge used to play bass in his band, and during rehearsal breaks he would draw caricatures of his bandmates. The caricature of Anson eventually became Beavis.

Anson's a blonde guy with a pretty prominent chin. I've heard that he was also the inspiration for Boomhauer's look, but I don't know if that's true.

Apparently Butthead was inspired by another Austin area blues guitarist, but I can't remember which one, and some the minor characters on B&B and KOTH were named after local musicians. Kind of an in-joke between Judge and his musician friends.

Here's a picture of Anson. You be the judge.

http://www.island.ne...lues/anson1.jpg

Edited by Navin, Feb 11, 2004 @ 10:03 AM.

appleeyes84

appleeyes84

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 11:19 AM

Was that Daria, or the snotty cheerleader girl?

Nope, just some random girl sitting at the lunch table with her girlfriends. They were trying to flirt with her. They never bothered Daria, she bothered them. I loved Daria, Diarea-cha-cha-cha!

"The only Spanish you boys know is what you learned at Taco Bell, and Beavis can't even get that right."

That episode CRACKED me up seriously. I used to say that line too.

Butthead: Burrito. Guacamole.

Beavis: Spaghetti.

Teacher: That's ITALIAN, you moron. We've been at this for the whole semester and the only Spanish you boys know is what you learned at Taco Bell, and Beavis can't even get that right. I'm going to give you one more chance to say a sentence in Spanish and if you can't do that I'm sending you to the principal's office and you're flunking!

Butthead: abeeabeeabee, rico suave!

Beavis: Taco Supreme!

You guys are bringing up old memories of this show, sniff. Remember when Principal McVicker died of a heart attack at the end of the series?