Santa Barbara

• Please log in to reply

2047 replies to this topic

DocHopper

DocHopper

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 11:54 AM

Don't kill me, Queen B, but I was a big BJ/Warren fan with Sydney Penny and Jack Wagner. They were so cute.

Dude, Starrynight! Get out of my head. Seriously. I was a GH watcher as a child, but as a teen I got sucked into DAYS, then AW, then SB. I only watched SB for the last year, so I missed the glory days.

I adored Jack Wagner and Sydney Penny. Despite the huge age difference, they sold the pairing. Remember Stephen Nichols as BJ's therapist? And B.J's creepy uncle molestin' Frank was on GH ( I think) and OLTL right?

I remember thinking BJ's brother was damn bore as were her parents. Thaoo Penghliis (sp?) from DAYS was annoying on there as well, and I can't even remember who he played. I liked Kelly and the FBI agent guy who sang her an Elvis song, I hated Kelly with Cruz. And I liked Ted and Lilly, although all I remember about them is that Ted was a Capwell??? and Lilly was Gina's daughter and I don't know why, but they were married and not sure about being married. I adored Mason and Julia, even though I probably only saw LD's Lane once or twice when I used to watch with a friend sometimes after school.

Poor LD and NLG.

Queen B

Queen B

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 1:38 PM

I didn't so much hate those two together, although it was a little squicky, as I hated the show in general then. It was like a whole different show than what I remember watching on rainy days (which around here? Is often) with my mom. And there was a focus on those two. Ai.

NLG is quite possibly my favorite soap actress of all time. I remember how excited I was when she joined GH. And now...I'd be so excited for her if she found something better.

Professor Soap

Professor Soap

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 6:22 PM

I loved SB too, and I'm so glad someone on this board opened up a thread on it!

This is one soap we should have been able to discuss like this back in the day.

First of all, for those of you who wondered about that gorgeous song they always used to play during Michael (Frank Runyeon of the sexy chest!) and Laura's (Christopher Norris) love scenes during the Leo Mitchell Storyline it is called "Somewhere" and a cover of it is available on the Rick Springfield/Sahara Snow Album which is out-of-print but is fairly available on e-bay and other online sellers. The version they used on the show was by a Pre-Enya Irish vocalist named Aeone and I recently let both her and the guy who wrote the song know that there are many of us who would like to see it on her next album. I post this because it took me years to find out the name of it and I don't want anyone else to have to wonder.

Speaking of soundtracks, if ever a soap needed a soundtrack and score album it's Santa Barbara, the show just oozed romance...

Moving along...

Who could forget...

CC & Sophia, Eden & Cruz, Mason & Julia, Kelly & Jeffrey?

The romance of Kelly and Jeffrey on the run, and by the way, only Robin Wright-Penn counts as Kelly, the other actresses were glorified temps!

The super sexy chest of stable-man Jake?

The brutality and frightening realism of Hayley and Eden's rapes?

How about Cruz and Eden's cool-ass beach-house and the waay cool Capwell mansion?

The drama each time Eden was presumed dead?

That crazy-ass bitch Elena Nikolas who tried to kill her and that Hippy who healed her but then went crazy when she went back to Cruz?

That loony-toons psychic Sandra who slept with Cruz's ne'er do well brother Ric and then tapped into Cruz & Eden's scorching passion?

Man, there's so much to remember.

Edited by Professor Soap, Feb 9, 2004 @ 6:27 PM.

challon

challon

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 6:46 PM

Sherilyn Wolter as Elena just scared the hell out of me. You knew she was capable of messing you up. Does anyone remember the love scene between Ric and Miranda, where right before they had sex he tied her hands up, that was pretty kinky for daytime.

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 6:49 PM

Where was SB taped? I want to say Los Angeles. It wouldn't make much sense for it to be New York.

I found a website with scattered synopses. I'm assuming these would be the Eden rape episodes:

Gina comes to clinic to talk to Heather. Gina claims to her that Brandon has a split personality. Someone is watching Cruz and Eden outside their living room window. Inside the house Cruz tells Eden that according to an eyewitness Critter was the one who murdered Stick. Eden is afraid that Critter may come after her and try to kill her. Julia and Sonny are at Julia's. They are talking about their feelings for each other. Heather tells Gina about split personality. Finally says that she must have been wrong, that there's nothing wrong with Brandon, she just thought so. Then she leaves. Scott comes to the clinic. He tells Heather about the memories from his childhood and is very sad about his father's death. Heather gives him an autopsy report, which says that Ben died from cancer. Scott doesn't want to believe that it wasn't Arthur's fault. Arthur is having a dinner at the Country Club with some man. When the man leaves Arthur notices Tori and starts to talk with her. After a while he asks her to join him for a while. Eden and Cruz are sitting in their living room, talking about the situation when they suddenly hear some noise from outside. Cruz goes to see what's wrong but he doesn't see anyone. He and Eden are in the living room again when the phone rings. Cruz gets to know that Critter has shot a police. Cruz turns the TV on and they watch Lydia reporting about the shooting and telling that Critter is surrounded by the police in a warehouse. Eden tells Cruz to go there and after a while he agrees and leaves. Sonny calls Gina and tells her that he's coming soon. Cruz comes to the place where Critter is supposed to be. Eden is watching Lydia's reporting on TV when suddenly the picture disappears. She tries to phone to the TV-station but then someone cuts the phone line. Sonny and Gina meet in the Country Club bar and Gina drags Sonny outside. Cruz and a policeman go in the warehouse. At the same time someone turns off the electricity in Eden's house and she gets worried. As she realizes that her house is the only one on the street without the electricity she panics and is about to leave the house. Suddenly she sees someone's feet on the stairs. She tries to run to the door but is too slow and the man grips her. He hits her and she falls to the floor. They begin to fight. Julia comes behind the door and knocks it but doesn't hear anything from inside as the man keeps his hand on Eden's mouth. So Julia leaves and Eden and the man start fighting again. Gina and Sonny are kissing outside the Johnny's when Tori comes out and sees them. While Cruz is trying to catch Critter, Eden wakes up on the floor. Suddenly the man is there again with the knife. Finally the man drags Eden to the beach, throws her to the water and forces her to swallow a pill. At the same time Cruz thinks he's got Critter but it turns out that the man in the warehouse is Critter's friend, and not Critter himself.

Edited by TheCustomOfLife, Feb 9, 2004 @ 6:58 PM.

StellStell

StellStell

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 8:21 PM

Yes it was taped in LA. That was a rape episode, and I remember them putting a warning for viewers before those shows aired.

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 8:24 PM

SB Episode Summaries

The "conclusion."

These episodes would be from approximately November 1988.

Scott is packing his things at the clinic. He and Heather are arguing about his future plans. Cruz tells the police to send a car to this house because he's afraid that Eden's in danger. At the same time Eden wakes up on the beach. Major rushes in to his house where Ted's waiting for him. He reminds Major that they were supposed to go for a dinner and talk about the finances that evening. Major apologizes and they agree to go in some other night. When Ted leaves, two men come in (apparently from the other room). Major tells them he'll be needing their help. Cain wakes up at his house and as he's very oppressed, he tries to call Cruz (I assume) so he could talk to him, but the line's not working. Eden goes in to her house and takes a towel from the table so she can dry her bloody hands and forehead. When she realizes what's happened to her she starts to cry and goes to the door. Suddenly someone bangs it and calls her name. It's the police Cruz sent. They take Eden out and tell her that they'll take some clothes along so she can change in the hospital. But Eden doesn't want to go there because there are too many people there. So they suggest the clinic and she agrees. Cruz comes to the house and is very upset when he sees Eden. As she mentions Critter's name, Cruz gets mad and is about to rush in but Eden tells him not to go there, because she was raped there. Sophia and Ted are having a dinner at the Country Club when C.C. comes to talk to them. He and Sophia start to argue and Sophia leaves. After she's left C.C. gets a phone call which really upsets him. When Ted asks what's wrong, C.C. tells him that Eden's been raped. Cain comes to Cruz and Eden's house but doesn't find anyone there. Finally he understand that something's wrong as there are broken and fallen things everywhere. He tries to use the phone but it's not working. At the clinic Eden is examined by Zack and she's also asked lots of questions. Cain goes back to his house and tries to call the emergency police line and report the break in but he's told to call some other number. When Cain hangs up and turns around there's the Major and then the two men, who immediately start beating Cain. Zack wants to write Eden a prescription of abortion pills but she doesn't want them. Zack tries to persuade her to take them but finally realizes that Eden thinks she's already pregnant. Major hears about Eden's rape from the radio. After all the questions and changing clothes Eden's ready to leave. Cruz wants to take her home but Eden refuses to go there and asks her father instead if she could sleep in his house.

Edited by TheCustomOfLife, Feb 9, 2004 @ 8:26 PM.

Marabet

Marabet

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 8:58 PM

Zack wants to write Eden a prescription of abortion pills but she doesn't want them. Zack tries to persuade her to take them but finally realizes that Eden thinks she's already pregnant.

I'd always wondered if they'd brought up the morning-after pill possibility; that was at a time in which not too many laypeople knew about the option. It does make sense that Eden would refuse them; she had gone to great lengths to get pregnant after two miscarriages and was actively trying to conceive. I could see her not being willing to terminate any pregnancy, even one that might be caused by a rapist, out of fear that she'd never be able to get pregnant again.

I had a tape of Cruz and Eden finding out about Adriana's paternity at one point, but that's long since withered away. I wish I could buy episodes...or watch them on my (brand spankin' new!) Soapnet. Anyone up for starting a "Santa Barbara on Soapnet" campaign?

Professor Soap

Professor Soap

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 9:02 PM

What pill did the rapist give her on the beach?

That question bothered me for years and now it's on my mind again?

Was it a Date Rape type pill or something else?

I don't think I ever saw so disturbing a depiction of a rape before -- or since -- that episode of SB.

They actually had someone else hired to act out the rape scenes because Leigh McClosky apparently did NOT feel comfortable going through it.

The story actually was pretty believable, I've heard of two incidents where women were raped by their gynocologists.

One correction, Zack tried to change the sonogram/amnio/paternity test results but the lab tech refused to hand them over and as a result Cruz and Eden learned that in fact Adriana was Cruz's.

Edited by Professor Soap, Feb 9, 2004 @ 9:05 PM.

avocato

avocato

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 9:07 PM

Edited by avocato, Feb 23, 2005 @ 1:56 AM.

Freya

Freya

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 9:13 PM

The last one was her dead brother Channing, under which she shot Sophia as revenge, then fled town. Fans were incensed that Eden was written off (Marcy Walker had gotten a prime time show, the short-lived Palace Guard) in such a shitty manner.

That was the shits. The show had gone to hell by then. Didn't she have another alter Susannah? or something like that. Whose identity she assumed when she was presumed dead?

What was that priest's name that Julia had an affair with? I couldn't stand him. Getting in the was of Mason/Julia. Unacceptable! Loved Lionel and Augusta too.

I never liked Jeffrey either, although I did like RWP's Kelly and Eden, with their long, flowing locks. I remember Cruz/Eden and Mason/Julia having the most elaborate, beautiful weddings.

Which wedding was it that Keith/Gina tried to crash and ended up rolling around having a mudfight? They were so cool.

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 9:39 PM

Do we know who owns the show? NBC? The Cordays? Are the tapes still even in existence?

I know they are because Star World aired them in Hong Kong, and many other networks in other countries aired them as well.

I'd assume either the Dobsons or New World Television owns the rights. New World has been good about putting their other shows out on VHS/DVD and syndication, so there might be hope for SB.

starrynight5

starrynight5

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 9:41 PM

All the info about lobbying Soapnet to get SB back is on Lane Davies' site. Apparently Fox owns SB, so people are trying to get Fox to air it:

But donít just attack SOAPnet.† Although Sony currently owns the rights to air episodes of Santa Barbara, New World Television (now owned by Fox) actually owns the library of Santa Barbara episodes.† Lisa from Get_SB_On_TV suggests writing Fox as well at SOAPnet.

Edited by starrynight5, Feb 9, 2004 @ 9:43 PM.

Alias Fanatic

Alias Fanatic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 10:06 PM

The best soap opera of all time. Frankly, I can't watch soaps anymore; they all pale in comparison to the glory days of SB.

What pill did the rapist give her on the beach?

I think it was a sedative of some sort. Heather asked Eden at the clinic if it "made her drowsey" and Eden replied affirmatively. I guess it was just so the rapist could make a clean getaway while his victim was woozey at worst or knocked out at best.

Marabet

Marabet

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 10:15 PM

One correction, Zack tried to change the sonogram/amnio/paternity test results but the lab tech refused to hand them over and as a result Cruz and Eden learned that in fact Adriana was Cruz's.

That happened with the paternity test after Adriana was born. We found out about Adriana's true paternity in the adorable "She dances just like her Ma"/"Let's get one thing straight: no one is going to call me Ma" scene. But Eden had a separate test done before Adriana was born, via amnio, and Zack managed to change that test to indicate that Cruz wasn't the father. Cruz didn't buy it. Because Cruz, at least in his glory years, wasn't stupid.
Though I still think Cruz's finest moment was the time he and Eden were tied up together by Kirk Lee, sitting back to back in two chairs, surrounded by gasoline/kerosene, with a board balanced on both of their heads with a lit candle on top of it...and Cruz managed to loosen his bonds and, with Eden's cooperation, lift the board up without spilling the candle. I still remember the "I'm about to open a can of whoop-ass" evil grin Cruz had on his face when he did that. Ah, good times.

Bach-us

Bach-us

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 10:15 PM

They might not be on tape. TV series were shooting episodes on film well into the 90s, and there's no point in destroying film because they can't tape over it, but it degrades over time.

Edited by Bach-us, Feb 9, 2004 @ 10:17 PM.

The Last Dodo

The Last Dodo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 12:04 AM

Didn't Eden have another alter Susannah? or something like that. Whose identity she assumed when she was presumed dead?

First, Eden was jewel thief Lisa. Lisa-Eden fell off a cliff and was presumed dead. Now, in reality, underwater she changed into a long frizzy auburn wig, put on a pair of granny glasses, and emerged as artist Suzanne Collier, and NO ONE KNEW IT WAS HER. (I only WISH I was making this shit up.) Sophia eventually caught on, which is when Eden took off the wig, slicked her hair back, put on a tux, and became a Madonna-as-Dita impersonator--er, Channing, shot Sophia, and fled town. Sometime around then, the REAL Suzanne Collier, who was an old friend of Eden's (but whom the family had never met) came to town, and wore a long frizzy wig until they got far enough into the storyline to where Terri Garber could use her own short hair. Real Suzanne got involved with Cruz (and I actually didn't mind them, if he HAD to be with somebody) until someone had the bright idea to pair him up with Eileen Davidson-Kelly. (Whom I LOATHED as Kelly, although I later loved her as Kristen, Susan, et al. But I saw no need to jettison Carrington Garland for her.) Shortly thereafter, Kim Zimmer and entourage came on, and the handbasket officially made its final pitstop in hell.

The other screwy thing was that they'd already had a Lisa--Lisa DiNapoli, Celeste's sister, played by Tawny Kitaen and Tea Leoni two years before, and then the next year, Lisa Fenimore came on played by Bridgette Wilson. So that's three different Lisas in three years. Someone must have reeeeeeeeally liked the name.

What was that priest's name that Julia had an affair with? I couldn't stand him. Getting in the was of Mason/Julia. Unacceptable!

That was Michael. I didn't like him with Julia, but I liked him afterward. I always thought he and Celeste should have gotten together.

Which wedding was it that Keith/Gina tried to crash and ended up rolling around having a mudfight? They were so cool.

I forget which one exactly, but it was either Cruz/Eden, Kelly/Jeffrey, or CC/Sophia.

You know who else I liked, come to think of it? In 1986 there were the Capwell cousins from Boston, Courtney (Julia Campbell, aka Christy Masters Christensen from Romy and Michele's High School Reunion) and Madeline (Terry Davis). Madeline was a RIOT; unfortunately she got killed a few weeks after she showed up; eventually it came out that Courtney killed her in self-defense. But I liked Courtney and Pearl together, although he eventually became interested in Kelly instead.

Another rape storyline (there were an alarmingly disproportionate number in retrospect) was when Christie Duvall (Tricia Cast) got raped in 1985 by her stepbrother Steve. He made her accuse Ted Capwell, and to top it off was the prosecuting ADA at the trial so she was constantly under his surveillance. THAT was some psychologically intense stuff.

Another klunker of a storyline from the same time: Amy Perkins going to the gynecologist for a routine checkup and winding up impregnated with the sperm of the prince of New Stailand, culminating in two Jack Lees running around a European castle having sword fights. Oy.

Edited by The Last Dodo, Feb 10, 2004 @ 12:07 AM.

Freya

Freya

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 1:17 AM

Eden took off the wig, slicked her hair back, put on a tux, and became a Madonna-as-Dita impersonator--er, Channing, shot Sophia, and fled town.

I stopped watching around then I think. They really never resolved Eden's story after that? Did they mention her at all? That is one of the worst exits ever for such a beloved character.

ChickenGrrl

ChickenGrrl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 5:07 AM

Thanks for mentioning Courtney, TLD. I always liked her, and loved Pearl with her. I'd forgotten about Madeline, too.

It's funny how actors who had short-term roles on this show went on to bigger and better roles, like Tricia Cast. Is she still on Y&R? Or wasn't she, at least, for a long time?

Bach-us

Bach-us

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 9:17 AM

I thought it was Cruz/Eden's Gone with the Wind seaside wedding. Wasn't that when Gina wore the brightly colored dress (all the legitimate female guests were in pastels) and G/K got into a carriage, but some ghosts messed up their plans?

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 12:12 PM

Is she still on Y&R? Or wasn't she, at least, for a long time?

No, not anymore. She left in 2000. She was on from 1986, so yeah, that was pretty much forever.

Edited by TheCustomOfLife, Feb 10, 2004 @ 12:13 PM.

blixie2

blixie2

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 12:22 PM

Didn't Gina and Keith crash far more than one wedding? Justin Deas was effing brilliant as Keith. For some reason I wanna say the mudfight happened at Kelly/Jeffery's wedding, but I think I'm getting that mixed up with when Keith was prosecuting Kelly for murder.

I lurved SB, having watched from the very first day and being completely sucked in by Joe's second rate Michael Pare looks, and being brainwashed by that second once in a lifetime song. Totally lame couple but he was hawt.

While I always loved Lionel/Augusta I was nearly scarred for life when I saw Louise/Nikolas as a pair of Kathleen Turners pervy johns in Crimes of Passions.

Someone at the IMBD mentioned a closing I'd kill to see again, with the frozen popsicle girl Gina was hiding, and the show played, "I'm so Blue" over her cold dead face. Hee, great soap, and I'm all about getting SoapNet to add it to the schedule.

Petrovius

Petrovius

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 1:25 PM

Someone at the IMBD mentioned a closing I'd kill to see again, with the frozen popsicle girl Gina was hiding, and the show played, "I'm so Blue" over her cold dead face. Hee, great soap, and I'm all about getting SoapNet to add it to the schedule.

Was that frozen popsicle girl lounge singer Sasha Schmidt? Did crazy Laura Asher kill her and if so, why? Wasn't she the former mistress of both Mason's alterego Sonny and of Anthony Tonell, the mobster who was briefly married to Augusta?

I was just thinking about Kelly (#3 and the best -- Carrington Garland) and the time when she was going to elope with either Robert Barr or Quinn Armitage (hard to say at that point) and there was a montage of them preparing to leave. The music was "Waiting for the Night to Fall" by Depeche Mode.

Edited by Petrovius, Feb 10, 2004 @ 1:29 PM.

The Last Dodo

The Last Dodo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 3:44 PM

Was that frozen popsicle girl lounge singer Sasha Schmidt? Did crazy Laura Asher kill her and if so, why? Wasn't she the former mistress of both Mason's alterego Sonny and of Anthony Tonell, the mobster who was briefly married to Augusta?

Yeah, except Mason wasn't Sonny anymore; he was just trying to get information out of her. That was a riot. Laura shot Sasha by mistake; she was trying to kill her husband Ethan, and Sasha was waiting for him in his office. Her final words were, "Alright Julia...you can have him..." because Julia and Mason had been gaslighting her and making her think Julia wanted to kill her to get her to turn over some blackmail material of some sort and leave town (she'd already given them the material in question and was stopping off to see Ethan on her way out of town). Laura remembered this (Julia had had several public confrontations with her as part of the act), so she drove Sasha over to Julia's house and propped her up in Julia's bed with a giant stuffed bunny. Julia and Mason stashed her body in their freezer while they were trying to find the real killer (because at that point all the evidence would point to Julia). So the final shot of that episode was a close-up of Sasha in the freezer, with ice crystals forming over her face, singing "Am I Blue" in voiceover. HYSTERICAL.

I also remember at one point Julia calling Sasha and beaming, "Hi! I just called to tell you how much I hate you! Bye now!" Hee!

Professor Soap

Professor Soap

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 8:34 AM

I always hated Laura's transformation from Nice to Psycho. She and Michael were amongst my favorite couples and having her go nuts when she should have stayed nice and they should have gotten together just sucked!

Sigh... even now I get tearful and lusty recalling their great bedroom scenes.

Remember Ethan tearfully looking on from the Phone Booth with those binoculars?

Giggle!

Edited by Professor Soap, Feb 11, 2004 @ 8:35 AM.

The Last Dodo

The Last Dodo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 10:07 AM

I always hated Laura's transformation from Nice to Psycho. She and Michael were amongst my favorite couples and having her go nuts when she should have stayed nice and they should have gotten together just sucked!

See, I'm just the opposite...I thought she was kind of meh beforehand, but thought she was hysterically brilliant as a psycho. She had great comic timing.

If I remember right, besides being in Michael's past, wasn't she also an old high school friend of Gina's? And Gina and Ethan wound up getting together and that's what drove her over the edge? Or was she already going over the edge and they started spending time out of concern for her and it grew out of that?

Later on, even thought it required gargantuan leaps in logic to redeem her, I did really like Michael and Flame together. I remember there was a scene where Michael begged Julia to pardon Flame for Robert's murder, in essence because she was just really, really sorry, and Nancy Lee Grahn said in an interview that she told the producers, "Can I play the scene with a big bottle of scotch on my desk? Because being drunk is the only possible reason I can come up with for Julia OKing it." Hee!

Edited by The Last Dodo, Feb 11, 2004 @ 10:09 AM.

Bach-us

Bach-us

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2004 @ 11:19 PM

Somebody asked me today how Mason and Victoria were married. I couldn't even remember an onscreen wedding, much less the details of their relationship. I remembered that Victoria was addicted to drugs and Mason was helping her somehow, but that's it. Could someone with a clearer memory help me?

Marabet

Marabet

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2004 @ 12:25 AM

Somebody asked me today how Mason and Victoria were married. I couldn't even remember an onscreen wedding, much less the details of their relationship. I remembered that Victoria was addicted to drugs and Mason was helping her somehow, but that's it. Could someone with a clearer memory help me?

Tori and Cruz got shipwrecked and stranded on an island. Cruz, having been injured, took some heavy-duty painkillers and hallucinated that he was sleeping with Eden (with whom he'd just broken up b/c she was jealous of his past relationship with Tori). Buuuuutttt...he was really sleeping with Tori, who wasn't under the influence of anything. Let's just say that if the genders had been reversed in that little scenario, everyone would have considered it rape, but they weren't and this was back in the 1980s, so no outrage.
ANYWAY, Tori ended up pregnant with Cruz's kid (Channing Creighton Capwell III, aka Chip). Cruz and Eden got back together soon after that. CC, wanting to keep his little girl happy, paid Mason to marry Tori and claim to be the father of her child. Mason, having just been rejected by Julia following a "business deal" to impregnate her, married Tori unaware that Julia was pregnant with *his* child (Samantha Eden Wainwright, later Capwell). I'm pretty sure the marriage was either offscreen, at city hall, or in some other low-key venue. Eden got pregnant, miscarried, was in a plane crash and was presumed dead. Cruz got consumed with investigating her death and being tricked by Elena (who was, unbeknownst to all, the daughter of Mason's mother and CC, though she had been raised by another guy who thought he was her dad). Tori went into Mason's sphere and proceeded to snipe at Julia for several months, who sniped back. Tori had a boy (thus giving Mason a payoff of several million for producing the first legitimate male Capwell heir of the new generation), and Julia had a girl a few weeks later. (CC, on the phone with the hospital: "No, Mason's child was born weeks ago. <pause> What do you mean, MASON'S OTHER CHILD?!?") Mason quickly proceeded to disappear as Lane Davies went on his summer break (Mason was kidnapped by someone he ran into while investigating Eden's "death," I think).
In Mason's absence, the equally bewildered Tori and Julia started to bond, taking care of each other's kids at times and looking for Mason. They became friends. Kelly and Jeffrey eventually found Mason and brought him back to town. I *believe* Tori started using drugs while Mason was still missing, because of the stress. Tori and Mason reunited when he came back to town, and slept together at least once that we know of, but eventually her drug addiction caused their marriage to fall apart. Mason did help her through rehab et al. (By this time, Eden's survival had been revealed, as had Elena's scheming.) So they never had a grand passion or anything...it was one of those only-on-soaps situations.

Well...that's a start, anyway...

Edited by Marabet, Feb 28, 2004 @ 12:32 AM.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2004 @ 12:27 AM

Actually Victoria was pregnant by Cruz, who she had seduced once while he was delerious with fever and I think thought she was Eden. Mason married her to give the baby a father and I think to help Eden. He never seemed to hold it against his brother and sisters that their father loved his children by Sophia much more than he did Mason, his child by the despised Pamela. Well, except for Channing, Jr.

I don't remember the Mason/Victoria wedding.

NicoleMN6

NicoleMN6

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2004 @ 12:35 AM

Good God! Did Cruz ever consciously have sex with anyone besides Eden?