The Spoiler Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

5584 replies to this topic

clp

clp

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 1:55 AM

I hope this is OK, Miss Alli, since previous seasons of Survivor have been spoiled by betting odds, I thought it might be best to have a spoiler thread if too many bets are placed on one contestant in the future. Plus, we need a place for any inside scoop we get!

BetWWTS has posted betting odds for "The Apprentice".

BetWWTS.com currently lists Katrina Campins as the early favorite to survive the job interview process and win the position with the Trump Organization at 3/1 odds (i.e., win $3 for every $1 bet). Xerox salesman Nick Warnock has been listed with the second best odds at 9/2, while native New Yorker Ereka Vetrini comes in at 5/1 because of her extensive international business experience. Other candidates BetWWTS.com believes may emerge from the pack and be hired by Mr. Trump include: chiropractic clinic operator Jessie Connors (6/1), cigar company founder and entrepreneur Bill Rancic (7/1), small real estate developer Troy McClain (7/1), and Harvard business school graduate Kwame Jackson (8/1).

The remaining contestants have been listed by BetWWTS.com as long shots to earn an opportunity to work for Donald Trump, which include: Amy Henry (10/1), Kristi Frank (12/1), Heidi Bressler (12/1), Omorosa Manigault-Stallworth (15/1), Bowie Hogg (15/1), and Tammy Lee (20/1). All current odds are subject to change.

PhilAlex

PhilAlex

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 2:09 AM

Considering that Amy teased Donald about his hair, and Bill Rancic did a radio interview with a touchtone pad, those two can be certainly ruled OUT as winners, since the true winner wouldn't screw up a good thing...

And have something to lord over Sam.

Edited by Miss Alli, Jan 26, 2004 @ 6:00 AM.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 6:00 AM

Please don't use spoiler tags in the spoiler thread.

DariaG

DariaG

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 9:05 AM

clp, was there any rationale given on those odds? Because I wouldn't have put Katrina over Amy, for example, based on the behavior I've seen thus far (and I haven't seen all three eps in their entirety).

Anyway, thanks for starting this thread.

jmmirman

jmmirman

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 11:42 AM

What is the difference between this thread and the "speculation" thread? I am confused and not sure where to post.

ok, I think I get it. Thanks for the assistance. I think the betting thing really threw me off, but I guess there's some history of that turning out to be spoilerish. Now I'm sorry to single philalex out, but that is spoiler material also?

Edited by jmmirman, Jan 27, 2004 @ 12:35 AM.

blubblub

blubblub

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 12:17 PM

The betting community would change their odds if they knew the whole truth of Ereka's 'extensive' international business experience. I only knew her in the Clinique Division of Estee Lauder, and while there, Ereka was in a junior level marketing position. Yes, the markets she dealt with included several international accounts, but she certainly wasn't in charge of them, and she most certainly didn't make any final decisions on how things were done. In the brief time she was there, she wasn't sent off to jet around the world, either. NBC gives the impression she was in a senior position, and that just isn't the case. 'Manager' is one step up from 'assistant' in that particular hirearchy, and until you make it to 'director' level, you don't decide shit. You just follow up, and make sure it happens. When it came to decisions, I was told specifically to never negotiate with someone at her level, but to ignore her, and go directly to her superior (Sorry Ereka, but its true).

I'm wondering if she fluffed up that info, or if NBC was responsible.
Still support her over Assorama, though. She's not being presented in the best light, but in reality, she was a very pleasant person to be around. On the other hand, pleasant doesn't mean 'right for the job with Donald', now does it?

merriam

merriam

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 12:50 PM

jmmirman, in general, take a look at this. As I understand it, anything that doesn't meet the definition of a spoiler, but concerns the future of the show, is speculation. One caveat, though--I'm not sure what Miss Alli's specific spoiler policy is (or if she has one, for that matter)...

pseudostudent

pseudostudent

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 8:59 PM

Here's a link to Miss Alli's FAQ for The Amazing Race, which talks a bit about spoiler policy. I'd imagine she'd use the same policy here.

jmmirman

jmmirman

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 12:37 AM

What I'm surprised at is that no one has mentioned what seemed like by far the most interesting Trump comment yet. I believe it was in the article dealing with how much the other women hated Omarosa. Didn't he say that a woman and a man on the show have an under the table deal, and something about it being shocking? This, I want to know more about, and it has the speculation machine in my head going wild.

this is a spoiler, right?

Edited by jmmirman, Jan 27, 2004 @ 10:56 AM.

pseudostudent

pseudostudent

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 9:48 AM

Trump called the deal "unbelievable." This quote was right after the article mentioned that "fans are wondering if any of the apprentices will sleep with the enemy."

DariaG

DariaG

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 11:10 AM

The show will be good for everyone's careers, even the ones who come off badly. If nothing else, there will be networking. And I, too, am intrigued by the "shocking" alliance. Bedroom, boardroom, or both? I'm betting it's both.

archer1267

archer1267

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 2:56 PM

Considering that Amy teased Donald about his hair,

Well, I took that as a sign that she's really comfortable with him. She wouldn't have teased him about it otherwise. And think about it...why would he be calling her if she wasn't the winner (or at least among the top three)?

DariaG

DariaG

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 3:10 PM

Or among the top five. In one of the USA Today articles, The Donald strongly implied he wanted to hire all of the top five. And maybe, after the show finishes airing, he can and will. (I imagine the winner isn't yet working for him, because that would be the world's biggest spoiler.)

ETA: I'm putting this here instead of in the speculation thread because of the difference between previews and commercials -- I believe the latter can be considered spoilers in some circles. Anyway, Caroline, the female viceroy who tells the women that their tactics won't continue to work? In the previews, I thought it was just her talking to them. In the commercials, Trump is standing to her right.

However, they are not in the board room -- they are standing in front of cream-colored walls. On this basis, I believe that the men lose yet again, but that Trump et al do not want the women to think their approach was what Trump wants to see. Hence the reprimand, which could take place outside the board room, in their quarters, or at the location of the reward. It makes sense, in that I can't imagine anyone expected one team to lose 4 times in a row. The board room encounters are opportunities to learn from mistakes, and the women haven't had those opportunities yet.

Edited by DariaG, Jan 27, 2004 @ 6:17 PM.

ccrean

ccrean

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 7:31 PM

Ooooo! Oh! Trump used the phrase "in spades" in the article that pseudostudent posted. (See link.) Assorama will be spitting thumb tacks when she that one!

rumaki

rumaki

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 11:44 PM

Or among the top five. In one of the USA Today articles, The Donald strongly implied he wanted to hire all of the top five. And maybe, after the show finishes airing, he can and will.

Maybe they all know about the chance to get hired if they go far enough, after all everytone seems to mention working for Trump in their exit speech. I'm sure its just good policy and an attempt to network but it seems a little too consistent for all of them to do so.

pseudostudent

pseudostudent

Stalker

Posted Feb 5, 2004 @ 12:52 PM

According to the Bravo newsletter, the Fab Five will appear in the Feb 12 episode challenge.

draadje

draadje

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 1:01 AM

I hope that Kyan can do something about DT's hair.

mogwai

mogwai

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 3:56 AM

Salon's Heather Havrilevsky wrote this about Nick last week, and I'm inclined to think it's a spoiler regarding the "romance" on next week's episode:

I ran into Nick while we were each waiting for a table at the same Westside bakery the other day. Glazed from having just watched two TiVoed episodes of "The Apprentice" in a row, I walked up and congratulated him on how he's played the game so far. Nick didn't say a word or even crack a smile. Quickly grasping his predicament, I told him I realized he probably couldn't talk about the show, but I'd love to interview him once it's over. He said nothing but examined me like I was something he had just scraped off his boot. Had he just scraped me off his boot? Suddenly I couldn't remember. Just as I was backing away, Amy appeared. She seemed a little nervous but was still friendly, and urged Nick to find the show's publicist's number.

For Salon subscribers: link (scroll down past the Surreal Life babble)

Edited by mogwai, Feb 6, 2004 @ 4:01 AM.

archer1267

archer1267

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 4:32 PM

I wish I had some good spoilage to share, and it seems like not many people do, so here's my academic question: Why does the other MB show (Survivor) generate a flurry of ongoing spoilers (most of which are dead-on), whereas with the Apprentice, hardly any? Is it just that the camera crew on the Apprentice actually takes those $5M confidentiality contracts seriously?

Maybe it serves me right. I read spoiler boards all the time for various shows and then get disappointed when I realize that there's no suspense left for me. At least with The Apprentice I won't know who the Final Four/Two are.

tonypitt

tonypitt

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 10:15 PM

I don't remember how things were around the time of the first Survivor (I didn't watch it then), but I can't imagine there being the big spoiler network like there is now.

If the Apprentice returns, I'm betting we see much more in the way of spoilers from people spotting the filming and such.

When this first series was shot, probably nobody had any clue what it was.

clp

clp

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 11:16 PM

Actually, Snewser aka the guy who spoils all the Survivor boots the day of the show, spoiled Kristi as the boot yesterday on Survivor Sucks.

clandrith

clandrith

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 11:38 PM

Psycho Sam was on the Eliott in the Morning show on DC101 here in Washington on Thursday. Sam said that people were going to be shocked by Omarosa in the next couple of weeks. Sam said this in a very positive way. I guess he didn't realize that he was spoiling the fact that Omarosa isn't going anywhere in the next couple of weeks.

Sam also said that he likes Omarosa a lot and that he talks to her about every other day on the phone.

A coworker in my office says that Omarosa was working in the office of the building she used to rent in Crystal City, VA (right outside of DC). I may try to go by the building and see if she is still working there.

nea1982

nea1982

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 11:41 PM

Oh, ok. Thanks. Did he explain when they had time to become close friends? If she was eliminated soon, they would have had time to bond while in 'isolation' in NY.

Love2Hate

Love2Hate

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 10:40 AM

Did he explain when they had time to become close friends?

But isn't each challenge = one week? Sam was the 3rd one kicked off, which means he was still there for 3 whole weeks, and they only show events directly related to each contest. So until this week, we saw very little men-women interaction. Too bad they never mention what the contestants do the rest of the time, because you know it's not working.

DariaG

DariaG

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 12:32 PM

So until this week, we saw very little men-women interaction.

They're all living in the big suite together. And most of the time, they are not interacting with their teams, they're hanging out, waiting around, etc., etc. It's like a big coed dormitory, and class time is only a few hours a week. There's tons of times for everyone to become good buddies.

nea1982

nea1982

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 1:39 PM

Oh, ok. That would make sense since he and Omarosa were both despised by teammates.

Love2Hate

Love2Hate

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 3:43 PM

DariaG, exactly - we rarely saw the men and women interacting with each other because the teams were separated by gender, but that doesn't mean they didn't mix. It would explain why Sam was so despised by the women as well as the men.

Also, I'm surprised they didn't have couples pairing off sooner - the secret romance that will be shown this week has probably been brewing for a long time.

Edited by Love2Hate, Feb 7, 2004 @ 3:44 PM.

DariaG

DariaG

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2004 @ 11:46 AM

So here's another mini-spoiler from the Washington Post's TV magazine:

"Teams compete to raise money at a celebrity auction; one project manager is too controlling while another embarrasses the team."

Speculation on the spoiler: Omarosa (Protege?) gets my vote for being too controlling. She could embarrass, but I think too controlling is much more her style. On the other team (Versacorp?), I think Tammy or Ereka could embarrass the team. In this scenario, I imagine the embarrassed team loses. If Omarosa embarrasses and the control freak is with Versacorp, I'd say Heidi is the one Trump calls rude and hence fires. Again, I call the embarrassed team to lose.

Should be fun to watch.

ETA: I just noticed this info was also in the speculation thread, but I still think it belongs here instead of there since it's not universally available info (like, for example, the previews) and therefore constitutes a spoiler. If Miss Alli differs, however, I'll defer.

Edited by DariaG, Feb 8, 2004 @ 12:33 PM.

Amanda23

Amanda23

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 4:58 PM

A coworker in my office says that Omarosa was working in the office of the building she used to rent in Crystal City, VA (right outside of DC). I may try to go by the building and see if she is still working there.

Hey, I live in Crystal City too! If you find out who she works for, let us know -- I'll keep an eye out for Omarosa sightings!

nea1982

nea1982

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 5:57 PM

I have clipped certain parts of the article.

2/12/04 episode

The 10 celebrities featured in this episode are:

Regis Philbin (“Live with Regis and Kelly”)

Carson Daly (NBC’s “Last Call with Carson Daly”)

The cast of Bravo’s “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy”

Rocco DiSpirito (NBC’s “The Restaurant”)

Ed Bernero (Executive Producer and Co-Creator of NBC’s “Third Watch”) along with several “Third Watch” stars.

Kate White (Editor-in-Chief, Cosmopolitan Magazine)

Tiki Barber (New York Giants running back)

Nicole Miller (Fashion designer)

Russell Simmons (Founder of Def Jam Records, hip-hop pioneer)

Isaac Mizrahi (Fashion designer, Entertainer)

Episode Six Project Managers: Versacorp---Bill Rancic / Protégé---Omarosa Manigault Stallworth

I was wrong about Tammy being the Project Manager. I have doubts about Protege winning now.