NHL Coverage

• Please log in to reply

3110 replies to this topic

MrSarahWalker

MrSarahWalker

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 10:27 AM

Well, I guess that is going to make it even more difficult for him when he wakes up 20 years from now remembering the two goals he gave up in 17 seconds to lose to Crawford and the Blackhawks!:) I think but for the 5 goal game (in which Rask gave up 6), Crawford would have had the Conn Smythe.

I'm not really here to talk trash.  Chicago won they should be happy about that.  But winning doesn't prove individual players are better then others.  If you want to make the argument that Rask should have stopped some pucks as KerleyQ did, then fine.  I happen to disagree but thats  KerleyQ's opinion.

Honourblade

Honourblade

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 3:36 PM

Rask is no Thomas. Thomas would not give up 6 goals in a Stanley Cup Final. That's the reason why Rask is just 2nd choice masquarading as a #1. Grats to Chicago!

MrSarahWalker

MrSarahWalker

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 4:12 PM

Rask is no Thomas. Thomas would not give up 6 goals in a Stanley Cup Final. That's the reason why Rask is just 2nd choice masquarading as a #1. Grats to Chicago!

I don't understand.  I agree Rask wasn't as good as Thomas was 2 years ago but Thomas played perhaps the greatest 2 months of hockey any goalie has ever played and Rask was playing at a level damn near close to that.  So is it really an insult to not be as good as one of the greatest runs ever?  With Thomas out of the NHL I'd put Rask 2nd in terms of goalie's I'd want to start my team with.  I'd have Quick first.  And I wouldn't necessarily argue if people wanted to put Henrik 2 but I like Rask.  Crawford is probably top 10 and maybe pushing top 5 given this playoff performance.  At least for me.

Edited by MrSarahWalker, Jun 26, 2013 @ 4:13 PM.

ScarletPrincess

ScarletPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 8:19 PM

As a Bruins fan, I'm bummed, sad, pissed, disappointed. I really really really wanted a game 7 and if they lost game 7 in Chicago, so be it. As a hockey fan, I'm bummed we didn't get a game 7 because it was such a great series. It's like it should have gone to OT in game 7 because everyone was having so much fun watching it. As it's now been a couple of days, I'm feeling better about it all. The fact that they were even in the Stanley Cup Final, in a position to force a game 7, well, it was a tremendous playoff run for the team and for the city. Every Bruins fan I know was of the ilk that if we had to lose, it was OK that it was to Chicago. They were the best team all season. The Bruins play six ridiculously close games. If I can't be enjoying a Cup victory, at least I know my team was there,

The Boston Globe reported today that in addition to the broken rin and torn cartilege, Patrice Bergeron also had a hole in his lung. A hole!!! In his lung!!! And Hossa had a bulging disk that caused him to not feel one of his legs. Man. Hockey players. Suck it NBA.

I have to think the NBC was happy with the ratings for this.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 9:04 PM

And Hossa had a bulging disk that caused him to not feel one of his legs. Man. Hockey players. Suck it NBA.

I'd like to add, "Suck it, Amonte" to that, as well.  Hossa missed one game with a bulging disk cutting off feeling to his right leg.  Then the man went out there and essentially skated on one leg for the rest of the series.  Amonte can just shut the hell up with his "I question his toughness and threshold for pain" crap. 

Fukui San

Fukui San

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

I'm a Boston fan but a hockey tourist, so I have to defer to the hockey obsessives I read on another board I frequent.  They didn't think Rask played badly even when he let in 6 goals. At least they weren't screaming for his head like they screamed for Tim Thomas' up until his great run two years ago. (They're not easy critics in general) The entire defense seemed to deteriorate after Game 4, giving up odd man rushes and missing assignments or just getting worn out. 

The run Rask had from the Rangers series through the Penguins series (2 goals in 4 games to that offense!) to the first three games of the Championship round was pretty incredible.  I don't sense any concerns for Rask going forward from Bruins die-hards.

Great series and great playoff run to watch for Boston. Chicago I'm sure liked it even better. Hard not to compare the NHL and NBA side by side and just feeling there's less BS in hockey. Gutsy efforts all around, great flow in play as opposed to endless time outs, and less refereeing tomfoolery.

MrSarahWalker

MrSarahWalker

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 10:28 AM

I'd like to add, "Suck it, Amonte" to that, as well.  Hossa missed one game with a bulging disk cutting off feeling to his right leg.  Then the man went out there and essentially skated on one leg for the rest of the series.  Amonte can just shut the hell up with his "I question his toughness and threshold for pain" crap. 

There is an atmosphere here in Boston where it's become not just acceptable but common place to question players toughness.  And the guy leading that charge goes by the name of Michael Felger.  He's a drive time radio host on the biggest station in the market and he also happened to be hosting the show where Amonte made these remarks.  I feel like Amonte may have been caught up in this atmosphere when he decided to bash Hossa.  It's so bad here that they basically hold it against you if your not a freak like Patrice Bergeron.

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 1:11 AM

Running into the thread to rejoice: my 'Yotes are staying!  

And to note that ESPN doesn't even have a link to a source about an article about a tweet, about it.  

Edited by voiceover, Jul 3, 2013 @ 3:07 AM.

yellowcat

yellowcat

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 8:36 PM

Running into the thread to rejoice: my 'Yotes are staying!  

And to note that ESPN doesn't even have a link to a source about an article about a tweet, about it.  

Congrats on that. 

Sorry to all the Bruins fans who lost Tyler Seguin(and Preverly) to Dallas.  You guys do get a good player in Loui Eriksson.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2013 @ 9:30 AM

GO AVALANCHE!!!!!!

xaxat

xaxat

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2013 @ 7:01 PM

I'd forgotten that the NHL realigned and has new names for the divisions. I have to admit, as a Penguins fan, I've never stopped calling their division the Patrick. It's been the same core of teams for decades. NY/NJ, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. It is nice to have the rival Caps back.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 9:08 AM

Looks like all the Avalanche needed was Patrick Roy as head coach. : )   

The Colorado Avalanche are 8 & 1

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 11:45 AM

I'd forgotten that the NHL realigned and has new names for the divisions.

Columbus and Pittsburgh and Carolina are "metropolitan."  LOL

Yeah, I forgot they realigned too, and the standings do not look right at all.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2014 @ 9:51 PM

My favorite moment of the Winter Classic was at the end when they had the peewees skate out wearing the jerseys of the US men's olympic team members.  A few of them almost wiped out.  Tears!

bittersweet4149

bittersweet4149

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 6, 2014 @ 2:18 AM

My favorite moment of the Winter Classic was at the end when they had the peewees skate out wearing the jerseys of the US men's olympic team members.  A few of them almost wiped out.  Tears!

Glad I wasn't the only one that got sneaky leaky tear ducts watching the peewees.

mledawn

mledawn

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2014 @ 12:12 PM

As a Leafs fan, I loved the Winter Classic and was completely content with my decision not to attend. It was beautiful to watch on television, the snow and the atmosphere were fantastic. I heard tonnes of horror stories from people who were there about the traffic, the bathrooms, the crowds... TV is a wonderful thing!

One of the elements of the game I really enjoyed were the sweaters on the players - the blue vs red looked amazing! I wish that happened more often when teams played, and they did away with the white sweaters unless necessary.

xaxat

xaxat

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2014 @ 8:19 PM

Holy crap! That's a lot of snow on the ice at Soldier Field. 

Go Pens!

ETA, congrats to Jagr on his 700th goal. He's really had a remarkable career.

Edited by xaxat, Mar 2, 2014 @ 12:42 PM.

ScarletPrincess

ScarletPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 10:10 PM

The NHL Playoffs start tonight. Best time of the year.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2014 @ 12:23 PM

GO AVALANCHE!!!!!!!!

xaxat

xaxat

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2014 @ 11:54 PM

For a fan, there is nothing more emotionally exhausting in all of sports than a multi-OT playoff game.

MrSarahWalker

MrSarahWalker

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 01:51 PM

For a fan, there is nothing more emotionally exhausting in all of sports than a multi-OT playoff game.

It's emotionally exhausting and yet I can't get to sleep afterwards.  Win or lose.