Fantasia Barrino: Puts The "Yeah" in "Yeah Yeah Yeah"

• Please log in to reply

8532 replies to this topic

lynettefl

lynettefl

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 8:05 PM

I guess in the Idolverse Fantasia isn't that successful but I love Fantasia!

That opinion in the Idolverse is odd because out of all 12 seasons of American Idol, Fantasia is ranked at #5 in terms of album sales. Her album sales total 3 million copies, and she is one of four Idol album to have been awarded a Grammy. 

FireFoxy

FireFoxy

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 12:53 PM

Fantasia is crazy popular in the R&B community, so to say she isn't that successful in Idol world is laughable. Out of all the idols, to me her voice is the most honest, raw and honestly my favorite. I am a huuuuge Kelly Clarkson fan, but the emotion Fantasia puts behind her performances is incomparable. When I see her perform and watch the audience, they are visibly moved by her. Niki Minaj looked like she was about to cry during her performance on Idol. All the judges were obviously very touched by her. When she performed at the Tony's a few years ago, that just blew me out of the water. I FELT the words she was singing like the audience at that theater did. There's just something about her that is very rare in this day and age when it comes to a singer. I FEEL with her.

Grapevine

Grapevine

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 10:20 AM

Fantasia is working some project with Andrea Bocelli , should be interesting and open her up to a whole new audience .

Grapevine

Grapevine

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 12:05 PM

Fantasia and Andrea Bocelli 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DAra60OQYTY

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 11:53 PM

Fantasia is one of the most talented people to come out of idol and her music is fantastic.  Love the new album.

sgomes

sgomes

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 6:27 PM

Fantasia is also coming back to Broadway.  She starts in October but hasn't said if it's a new show, or if she will be a replacement.

SunFun

SunFun

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 20, 2013 @ 1:39 PM

Followed the YouTube link and found this gem. Fantasia w/ Bocelli singing in Italian. http://youtu.be/hjSJKcd-3CA

You go girl. Well done. Way to stretch as an artist.

sgomes

sgomes

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 5:54 PM

Fantasia has the lead!

Scott Sanders Productions (lead producer) announced today that After Midnight (a new production of Cotton Club Parade, conceived by Jack Viertel, which played two smash-hit, sold-out engagements at City Center) will open on Broadway at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre (256 W 47th Street) this fall. Director/choreographer Warren Carlyle and superstar fashion duo Isabel and Ruben Toledo will join nine-time Grammy Award and Pulitzer Prize winner Wynton Marsalis and The Jazz at Lincoln Center All-Stars to bring the lavish shows of the hip Harlem nightclub to a whole new generation of theatergoers. After Midnight will begin preview performances on Friday, October 18, 2013 with an official opening night set for Sunday, November 3, 2013. Group tickets are now available. Casting, musicians and general on sale date will be announced shortly.

Read more about Fantasia Barrino to Lead AFTER MIDNIGHT on Broadway; Opens at Brooks Atkinson Theatre on Nov. 3! by broadwayworld.com

http://broadwayworld..._ref_map=%5B%5D

Edited by sgomes, Jun 24, 2013 @ 5:55 PM.

tisha

tisha

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 7:16 PM

I'd read that Fantasia had said on The Today Show a couple weeks ago that she was returning to Broadway.  That she's returning in such a prestigious production is quite and honor and, really, how can she possibly go wrong with all those great Duke Ellington songs?

Congratulations, Fantasia! Here's hoping you repeat the successes you had in The Color Purple.

Madea

Madea

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 17, 2013 @ 10:53 PM

Fantasia cowrote and performed an original song for the movie The Butler starring Oprah WInfrey and Forest Whitaker, that opened Friday and from reports will be the #1 movie in the counrty this week

She also wrote In the Middle a song on Candice Glover's debut album

SunFun

SunFun

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 20, 2013 @ 2:17 PM

If Fantasia's return to B'way is anything like her uber raved-about debut in CP, we're looking at something very promising.

4DLineArt

4DLineArt

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2013 @ 3:28 PM

I haven't watched Fantasia perform live since that... thing she did with "Bore Me" back in... what was it, season 6 or 7 or something? I love her voice (really digging the new album), but has she actually started singing more during her live performances since then? I think that's what put me off of her before, she seemed to mainly just stomp around and scream incoherently after a while instead of bothering to sing, which kind of sucks because she's an energetic, soulful performer who really doesn't need to resort to that sort of stuff to evoke feeling.

Madea

Madea

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 11:42 PM

Fantasia sings Stormy Weather at a press preview of "After Midnight" yestersay at the Lincoln Center

https://socialcam.co...er&fsk=oNkGmKmY