Well the official website
has been updated for the run of the show itself, which means that everyone except the radio station winners have been revealed. MIX 94.5 here in Perth was banging on about the show this morning, so I wonder whether it is
an exclusively Brisbane thing to win the last spot?
Typically for a show like this, there's a maximum of product placement and an absolute bare minimum of actual information about the contestants themselves. Indeed, half of their little questionaires to the couples consist of the questions "What is your Taubmans Colour Profile?"
and "If you could choose any car from the Ford range, what would it be?"
. Subtle, eh?
Anyway, here's my brief take on everyone so far:Calvin and Heather
- Team Normal. Took much of the initial promo duties and look like an absolutely typical couple you expect to see on a renovation show. Very Fiona and Adam (that's quite good for me).Chris and Sarah
- Team Douglas. Age gap of 16 years between them doesn't exactly bode well for pressure situations. He's got my name, though, and reminds me of a cross between Lex van den Burghe and Shane Warne post-eye job. Probably leave early.Ben and "Cat"
- Team Artiste!
. Very unfortunate hair here, and the youngest team. Possibly a stronger team than several older ones, but I think their youth will ultimately tell against them.Matt and Cher
- Team Zany. The guy totally reminds me of a younger ClownJon from TAR4, and is apparently a "corporate entertainer". Read 'magician not good enough for kiddie parties'. Either a viewer favourite, or will get on everyone's nerves very quickly.Beau and Trudy
- Team Bogan. Neither is an oil painting to look at, and the sun's definitely got to her well and truly. Can surfers build a oceanside property meant for the beautiful people? Maybe, but I can't see it.Simon and Jules
- Team Worthy. The only couple to leave their children to participate on the show, and the only couple who actually seem like they want a house to live in for more than the minimum period stipulated by the producers at the end of the show! Great to see people who aren't your typical The Block
rejects.Brett and Jeff
- Team Drama. It's Gavin and Waz minus the singlets-and-Y-fronts gimmick and the honking! Just as with the new guys at The Block
, it will be tough for them to step out of the shadow of "the boys". Especially when they seem to talk and act just like them on the promos.Phil and Libby
- Team Driven. She's an ER doctor
? Then what the hell's she doing here? She does look like a very competitive type from their photo, and I can't help but think that they might be at the centre of any prospective scheming.Kristian and Amy
- Team Oh-My-God-They're-All-White-So-Far-What-Are-We-Gonna-Do?. They look nice and may have what it takes to go a long way - but come on Ten, who are you kidding when it comes to why they were picked?Scott and Petra
- Team Interchangeable. No hook, no difference from countless others of their type...they'll probably win the lot on that basis!James and Natalie
- Team Smarm. They both obviously have big tickets on themselves and they look like the only people in the world who would let Tim J-P from Changing Rooms
loose on their house because they like his designs. Do not like them at all, so far.Mark and Michelle
- Team Pedantic. They're both graphic designers, and she's a clean freak. I forecast trouble - possibly not to Flo and Zach proportions, but they come across as being quite tightly wound.Jacintha and Shivaune (?)
- Team Nikita. What can you say after the promos lead us all to thinking they were lesbians? They're actually sisters, and from the way they're talking on the promos it seems that much of the bitch activity may come from them. Wey-hey!
Oh, and Erika? Sorry love, but Suzie Wilks did the "I'm going to help them build stuff" thing long before you did. And she has a brighter personality and an, erm...better figure than you can ever hope to have. Get back to voicing the 1800 numbers after midnight...