The Block

• Please log in to reply

730 replies to this topic

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 7:21 PM

Poor twins--I know its cooler to hate them!  But I feel sorry for them.  They've just lost out on everything for so long (and unfairly in the charity challenge).  The one time they have to lose, they can't even do THAT.  Even Dumb & Dumber (Chantelle & Steve) have gotten more money in the last half of the series.

Not that $2500 is all that much.

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 7:57 PM

Any predictions for whose apartment will win? I generally thought that making the teams decide their own floorplan was more trouble than it was worth, but I will concede that it does make the final result harder to predict. I would give it to the boys (assuming they fix their kitchen) but the twins' layout is much better. 

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 9:19 PM

Since it's soon to be "Tools Down" for TWOP (they're closing shop here), here's a previously.tv forum for The Block.

http://forums.previo.../438-the-block/

Edited by Kromm, Mar 27, 2014 @ 9:21 PM.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 1:07 AM

I thought the fans put in way more effort and richly deserved that win.

TVJunkie

TVJunkie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 7:24 PM

I think the boys apartment is the best, as they have city & water views, and a great layout, and they face east towards the formula one etc. The twins have more living space due to where there kitchen is, but I don't think the void will grab them much more profit than the size of the boys master bedroom & downstairs bathroom. The fans apartments will do well, but I think the twins have been smart about their layout in spite the fact that they don't have the views of the other apartments and they face west. It's tough to call though, as K&K's apartment is done beautifully and they have the best city view. 

I was going to predict who I think will win, but I'm not always right as it depends on their auctioneer, as well as their apartment. 

TVJunkie

TVJunkie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 7:25 PM

I've just tried registering at the other site, but someone has my username! :(

Edited by TVJunkie, Mar 30, 2014 @ 7:26 PM.

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 9:49 PM

Must they draw this out another week? Especially with such a blatant rip-off of House Rules? The contestants are ready for it to end, we're ready for it to end, just put us all out of our misery already.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 1:20 AM

Yeah, I already really didn't like this last year, why again?

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 9:09 PM

Well. That was unexpected.

TVJunkie

TVJunkie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 10:23 PM

I did not see that coming. 

Finally, auction order counted. I thought auction order would count last year, but obviously this year the building, as well as the location, meant that people wanted the apartments no matter what.

Although looking back, if you take out all the bad styling, S&C's apartment isn't that bad. Roomy open plan downstairs living/kitchen, big laundry, bathroom & drying terrace (the only one without a shower!), study/guest room downstairs, decent size bath & upstairs bedroom and a gorgeous master bedroom. It's not a bad apartment really. 

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 10:47 PM

Yes, and honestly, at this price point, investors are paying for real estate -- they could care less what kind of bed or curtains the place has.