The Venture Bros.

• Please log in to reply

2906 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 12:02 AM

It was fun to watch the previous season over again. I wish Adult Swim would run them again on Sundays. Or Saturdays, for that matter.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 3:49 PM

I would think it will be back on the weekday schedule sooner than later.

Edited by BakerX2, Mar 28, 2012 @ 3:59 PM.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:09 AM

Is there any word on when the next season will be released? At last year's DragonCon conference they said they were taking a year off before doing new eps.

Paul O Regan

Paul O Regan

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 6:52 AM

I think they've said it'll be back sometime in the second half of the year.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

[AS] needs to start re-running this show bad!

Dariendude15

Dariendude15

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 7:06 PM

Okay I have a question: Years ago on April Fools day, AS ran all the episodes of shows the makers said were the worst. The Venture Brothers episode deemed worst by it's own creators was the one where the gang goes into space to fix Dr. Ventures Dad's satellite Gargantua 1 (How do I still remember that!?). If I'm correct about all of that, my question is why was that episode considered worst by the makers of Venture Brothers? Is it because it makes Brock look like a complete psycho douche? Cause that's why it's my least favorite.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

They did? I liked that one!

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 3:42 AM

It was New Years Eve, not April Fools Day, when they did the "worst episodes" marathon.

IIRC, they picked it for the fact that it's a slow paced episode (Monarch is completely absent) and that it's mainly Rusty and the Astronaut talking to the imaginary version of Jonah Venture/the Russian Astronaut, Brock being horny, and the Venture kids wandering around.

Wildkat

Wildkat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

Just read something by Jackson Publick last night and I think it said Venture Brothers will be on in November. I don't remember exactly, but I know it's still a long time to have to wait for new Venture Brothers.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 4:57 AM

And a total moratorium on any repeats until then.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 5:48 PM

I did read about a Halloween special . . . so we can look forward to that. I think the odds of Hank dressing up as anybody other than Batman are roughly 200-1.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

And a total moratorium on any repeats until then.

What the fuck? Details please!!
Why would they do something so stupid? The only reason I can think of for something so retarded would be that they are trying to syndicate the show.

chancellorjake

chancellorjake

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 5:05 PM

I thought the show had been cancelled by [as], but just read about season's five and six starting in 2013.
Plus, the Halloween special this year.

i09 interviews Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick at SDCC.

There might be some spoilers, but they aren't necessarily truthful in their interviews.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2012 @ 2:26 AM

If we have to put up with more Shore Leave (nice character but seriously, I wish they would just write out the OSI/Sphinx characters) I would hope just fucking do a duo bodyguard thing with Brock and Shore Leave together protecting the Venture Brothers. Kill Sgt Hatred off (his wife offs him after their reconciliation goes bad) and have Brock and Shore Leave take over so they can better protect the Venture family.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 3, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

I'm getting some physical therapy after a minor knee procedure, and the provider is called OSI. That name makes it so much more fun to go to appointments and to do the exercises at home.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Sep 4, 2012 @ 6:35 AM

I attended the "Venture Brothers" panel at DragonCon this year. Hokey smokes was it awesome! First of all, they held it in the format of a 1970's TV show called "Let's All Smoking" in which Doc and Publick smoked electronic cigarettes and drank Fresca, a citrus-like soda and interviewed the guy who does Rusty's voice (whose name escapes me). They did a routine where they TOTALLY misunderstood the show concept ("Oh, is it like 'Cool World'?" "So you get magically sucked into a cartoon world via magic portal?") and showed us clips from the Halloween special before taking questions and giving away things called "CDs". The Halloween special will air around Halloween and the next season starts early in 2013. Oh yeah, if you're ever in a q&a session, do not ask "Will you ever/Will we ever find out?" questions. Minor vague spoilers: Monarch and Dr Mrs Girlfriend will NOT have a baby (too "shark jumpy"). After seeing the audience reaction, they might do "t-shirt club" again (YAY!). They never made a final definition of a "Rusty Venture" because it disturbed them. This season is going to be "dense" with continuity and character development.

Let's All Smoking!

ETA:
I forgot to mention the awesome Dr Killinger I met in the pre-line line whose magical bag actually glowed when opened.

Edited by ubi, Sep 4, 2012 @ 6:37 AM.

Trevacious Guy

Trevacious Guy

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

I forgot to mention the awesome Dr Killinger I met in the pre-line line whose magical bag actually glowed when opened.

Ha, that Is awesome, and you lived to tell!

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

I didn't get to see the show's panel at New York Comic Con last Friday. I wound up on line, waiting for the Robot Chicken panel, and there was a screen showing the panel. What sucked was that anytime stuff from the show started playing, the screen was turned off.

Here's the one example of TVB cosplay I caught. Warning: it's not for the weak at heart.

Edited by Lantern7, Oct 17, 2012 @ 5:34 PM.

revbfc

revbfc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

Does anyone know if the special on Sunday is a stand-alone ep, or picks up after last seasom's finale?

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

Depends; the X-Mas special was pure filler (and a flashback story to boot) but the band special contained a lot of plot development in terms of fleshing out Dermott's backstory. But I am thinking the former and not the later, since it would be easier to do given that the special is being done to appease fans who don't like the long gaps between seasons.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

According to the DragonCon forum, it happens in the middle of the new season.

Perfect Xero

Perfect Xero

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2012 @ 7:25 PM

Happens in the middle of the new season as in it's going to be aired out of order?

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2012 @ 10:57 PM

So good to see this back! Even if it's just for one night! This was amazing.

Loved the cop-out with the boy's latest "death."

Everyone's costumes were awesome: Pete as Ziggy Stardust, Billy as Rusty Venture, Dermott as The Crow, Hank as a California Raisin. I especially loved Red Mantle and Dragoon as The Thing With Two Heads.

Only this show could pull a funny twist on the "Rabbit out of the hat" bit...and not show it to us. And that whole Hellraiser bit from Phantom Rider...that was weird

Also weird: The zombies rising, then being destroyed by Santa (who was Orpheus' master in disguise). And both of those were from the Magic Gathering. 24 (and I think Venturestein, too) being among them just freaked me out. (ETA: Okay, that wasn't 24, just a random Monarch henchman. 24's head was blown off, then buried by 21.)

Edited by InvaderNorbert, Oct 28, 2012 @ 11:45 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 12:14 AM

Nice episode. Nothing too mind-blowing, though it's nice to see Dean make a new friend. And unlike Dermont, this one's sensible. Also, Dean probably never fucked that guy's mother. Also: The Master! Always a party with him around, especially as Santa Claus this time.

Great speech from Dr. Orpheus. Should've been followed by Al or Jefferson dancing like Snoopy.

InternalParadox

InternalParadox

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 12:33 AM

That. Was. Awesome!
The way Dean found out that he's a clone was just perfect. Ben was so cool about it.

"I was conceived in the backseat of a car, you were conceived in a test tube. So what?" And "You were created because your parents got drunk and forgot a condom, just like everybody else." Then just listening to Dean's anguish and offering him a beer.

Ben should have a talk with Roy Harper AKA Red Arrow from Young Justice. Actually, I have a scene in my head of Dean Venture and Roy Harper on a Zeppelin, ala Sokka and Zuko:

Dean: "...And then I found out I'm a clone!"
Roy: "That's rough, buddy."

Talking about Dean I like his new look and attitude, but it bothers me that we don't know why he dyed his hair black.

Dermott and Hank were their usual immature selves. My favorite Hank moment was when he actually scared Rusty ("What's a "malignant melonoma"?") Happy that they threw in a hint that Rusty knows that Dermott is his son.

Plots A and C (I'm assuming the haunted house trip was plot B) were okay. I saw a documentary on PBS last week on the history of Broadway musicals, so I actually got the Al Jolson joke. Santa was a funny non-sequiter until it turned all lecture-ry at the end. Does every holiday special have to have a moral?

Otherwise it was a great episode. Except Brock and Triana weren't there. But it was still great!

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 3:42 AM

Aw hell, I didn't realize this was on tonight. Are they rerunning it?

DrGirlfriend

DrGirlfriend

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 11:15 AM

Vermicious, it looks like they're airing it again on Halloween night at 12:30 (technically Thursday) here in CT. Hopefully Sandy doesn't take out your power!

Dean's new hair and introspective near-maturity make him so adorable (if only Triana agreed)! The Magic the Gathering card line cracked me up, though too much Sergeant Hatred always makes me pine for Brrrock Sahmsuhn. (I really can't think of that name without Mol's pronunciation).

tze

tze

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

And that whole Hellraiser bit from Phantom Rider...that was weird

I rewatched that part like half a dozen times, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. :) I can see why they replaced the Lament Configuration with a Rubik's Cube. But I'm still struggling with how they got from "Pinhead" to "Toasterhead". Not really what you'd call a logical progression there, but hey, this is the Venture Brothers. And the "Pleasure Toast", oozing out of the toaster-head, complete with veins . . . just wow.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

No worries DrGirlfriend, I'm in the Southwest. I was able to set the DVR to catch the late rerun.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2012 @ 3:15 AM

Like Dean's new hairstyle but I wonder how long it will last. Hank got one too but it was not a permanent change.

The Dermott/Hank stuff makes me wish they would just write out Dean (he and Triana hook up and he finally tells Rusty what a horrible father he is before he goes, with the attack on his dad causing Rusty much anger and internal angst, since he never had the chance to tell off his dad for fucking up his life and how he grew up to do the same thing to his kis that Jonas did him; only for Rusty to forget this epiphany when he decides to invite Dermott to live with his dad and try and mold him into a replacement for Dean).