Adult Moments on Kids' Shows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

313 replies to this topic

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

I already put this on the Unintentionally Dirty TV Moments thread, but on an episode of The Powerpuff Girls, after taking in an injured squirrel, the girls get into a big fight regarding naming their new pet because they're at odds about whether its a boy or a girl. In the middle of the commotion, Bubbles shrieks, "Squirrels EAT nuts, stupid!"

Nearly wet myself.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Jul 17, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

I don't get it. As opposed to having nuts, or something?

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 3:00 AM

I'd wager that the line originated as a Tara Strong ad-lib.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 8:46 AM

Speaking of her, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has a ton of them. My personal favorite: Mr. and Mrs. Cake, a pair of regular ponies, have just had twins who are a pegasus and a unicorn. Mr. Cake explains that he and his wife both have very distant relatives of those species, and then nervously says "That makes sense, right?", clearly trying to convince himself that his wife didn't cheat on him.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

I don't get it. As opposed to having nuts, or something?

Something like that, but taken literally, that sentence can have a dirtier meaning.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 9:02 PM

I'm assuming the implied logic/joke goes something like this:

"[It's a girl, because it doesn't HAVE nuts, because,] Squirrels EAT nuts, stupid!"

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 11:47 PM

That's what I was thinking the joke was supposed to be, but it still doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe I just don't think it's funny.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:32 AM

The Powerpuff Girls: "Him" I want to know who was Liberal enough to put a Gay character on a kids TV show?

Edited by melissa1925, Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:38 AM.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

I remember another "adult" moment in the Aladdin TV series, specifically in the episode where Mozenrath posessed Aladdin. Before everyone realizes this, they note that Aladdin is acting funny and they just assume he needs to recover from being kidnapped by Mozenrath. Jasmine suggests that they leave him alone, and Aladdin says, "They can go...but YOU can stay."

It took me years to figure out what was being implied there.

yellowcat

yellowcat

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 9:25 PM

In the episode Dan vs. The Mall Santa here's Dan's resume, look at the reason he was fired from the 3rd and 4th jobs.

http://www.toonzone....tml#post3949735

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 10:11 PM

Dan vs. has a wealth of adult moments:

In Dan vs The Wedding he says to Elise "You filthy...!" he gets cut off before he finished what he said.

In "Wolfman" an officer tells Dan he is over the legal limit for fluff in his pockets. Dan replies by saying, "What I do in the privacy of my pocket is nobody's business!"

In "New Mexico", Dan is beamed up into a spacecraft and believes he is being abducted by aliens:

Dan: Keep your filthy tentacles off my—! (puts hands over groin)

In "The Family Thanksgiving" Chris awakens tied up in bed and turns to Elise, saying "What did we do last night?"

In "The Animal Shelter", Dan goes to the hospital after being scratched by Mr. Mumbles, when this exchange happens:

Doctor: Okay, let's get those pants off.
Dan: Um... I'm here about my face being all scratched.
Doctor: (chuckles) Oh, don't worry. I'm not a doctor.

BarbLLM

BarbLLM

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 9, 2013 @ 4:14 PM

There's a Batman:TAS (or it might have been Batman Beyond) episode where Harley Quinn is speaking to the Joker and asks him, "Don't you wanna rev your harley?"  IIRC, she's wearing pajamas or a nightgown when she says this.  

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2013 @ 7:39 PM

She's wearing sexy lingerie.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2013 @ 5:48 AM

There's a Batman:TAS (or it might have been Batman Beyond) episode where Harley Quinn is speaking to the Joker and asks him, "Don't you wanna rev your harley?"  IIRC, she's wearing pajamas or a nightgown when she says this.

She's wearing sexy lingerie.

Well, sexy for a kids' show, but yeah; definitely something with some slink to it.

And that's not the only moment Harley got something past the radar....