E! News Live

• Please log in to reply

127 replies to this topic

SeattleStorm

SeattleStorm

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 2:16 PM

With all of this Kardashian nonsense over the past two nights, this show has become totally unwatchable.  Two full nights devoted to Kim's birthday, Kanye's proposal, you'd get the impression that Kim K. has actually done something.

After I realized that the entire hour was going to be devoted to this krap, I switched to "Entertainment Tonight."  Then I remembered why I had given up on that show a few years back.  So repeats of "Seinfeld" and "Big Bang Theory" work just fine, thank you.

If the folks at E! want to lose the few viewers they have left, they are going about it in the right manner.

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 2:41 PM

I love all things entertainment, so I keep getting sucked into whatever E! News is selling, but I'm close to quiting (no, really, I am!). G and Terrence are so insufferable--he is such a horrible anchor, he speaks so slooooowwwly, for one thing! And you can't watch them for any Kim K snark because it's just not allowed. I've been watching reruns of Jimmy Fallon or of SNL at seven p.m. instead of E! News.

Hildegard802

Hildegard802

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 2:54 PM

Yes, it was particularly ludicrous (although to ferret out which particular part of the entire concept was most ludicrous is extremely difficult), when they were "comparing" style.  I thought, "This is a joke, right?  A Halloween prank??? OMG NO!!!! These idiots are SERIOUS!!!"

meandthemoon

meandthemoon

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2013 @ 2:24 AM

Ali is so annoying.

realityplease

realityplease

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 6, 2013 @ 12:20 AM

Can't take this show or E channel any more. It's 24/7 Kardashian. We're advised of every burp of one of these dead behind the eyes, proudly uneducated, and over-indulged twits - with superlatives for every move!  And the hosts (certainly no journalists and far from impartial) are dying to themselves be the objects of attention and product shills (Guiliana for example.)  I don't watch expecting any great journalistic content but even I (with a high threshold for boredom) can't take anymore of this dumbed-down E world.

meandthemoon

meandthemoon

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2014 @ 10:17 PM

E! News is made fun of a lot, but I find myself enjoying it sometimes. Of course, it can be awful--especially when they take celebrity news too seriously and act as though they are covering a war. But I think it can also be fun and goofy. I think most of the hosts have a nice chemistry, especially Jason and Cat. At the very least, I think this show is way better than other entertainment news shows like Access Hollywood.

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 3:15 PM

Take Giuliana and Terrence out of the equation, get rid of the fawning over the Kardashians, and you have a good show. I do enjoy the extra half hour segment that airs sometimes (is it on regularly?) with Cat, Jason and two others, where they hash out the entertainment stories at a round table. That's a fun segment and I generally like everyone who participates in it.

futurekatlady

futurekatlady

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 9:32 PM

Why do I even watch this show? Closet envy is not Hollywood stars, one rich brat from Rich Kids Beverly Hills and two ho wives? give me a break!