E! News Live

• Please log in to reply

127 replies to this topic

asdfasdfjames

asdfasdfjames

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 8:01 PM

I thought Alisha Davis was fine. But what the hell was Giuliana still doing there? I thought we were starting with a clean slate.

LouisVuittonRULZ

LouisVuittonRULZ

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 10:01 PM

Giuliana was probably trying to let her "fan base" (heh) know that she is still around, but just not as much as before. She was also probably trying to pimp her new show.

LadySheherazade

LadySheherazade

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 9:00 PM

John's eyes mesmerize me.

Nobody's

Nobody's

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 2:57 PM

Oh my god, is Alisha annoying! She hardly seems human at all. She never stops smiling, and it never looks natural. Her head movements are all mechanical like - they're always exactly the same, ending with that weird nod to the left. She seriously creeps me out, and her chemistry with John is just horrendous. He's not as bad as her, but they both just seem so off. I miss Patrick and Giuliana. At least their jokes didn't seem so scripted.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2004 @ 3:02 PM

Don't mind John, but there is something a little off about Alicia. Who knew I would miss beetlejuice head Guilianna?

Edited by Puds38, Feb 9, 2004 @ 3:03 PM.

canneuro

canneuro

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 6:22 AM

I really didn't like Giuliana either. Her big head and "news delivery" style really bothered me, but for some reason I watched the show anyway for the gossip.

Alisha was pretty good on CNN Headline News, and I thought she'd be good here. However, CNN Headline NEWS is nothing but 5 minute interviews and soundbites. Hosting a show and developing chemistry with another anchor is something completely different. She needs to master that quickly or she'll be outta there!

I do miss Patrick Stinson - he acted like Giuliana's little tool half the time but he was a cute little piece of eye candy!

lboogy

lboogy

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 11:04 AM

I miss Patrick and Giuliana.

I so was taken by surprised, NO MORE PATRICK OF GIULIANA!(although Guliliana I can deal). I thought they had good chemistry but Patrick was good with just about anyone, except maybe Jules(she was so resistance without Steve).
Man I haven't watch E!Live since Patrick and Giuliana left and I don't tend to either.

holdencaulfield2003

holdencaulfield2003

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 5:35 PM

You guys do know that Patrick and Giuliana are still hosting E News Wweekend?
Just watch on Friday Nights!

Tchr Tchr ID Claire

Tchr Tchr ID Claire

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2004 @ 12:05 PM

Hey, Nobody's, I totally agree. Does she even blink? She's scary. Maybe she'll lighten up as time goes by.

Cherry Delight

Cherry Delight

Posted Jan 5, 2005 @ 3:30 PM

This report was on TV Guide Online. Further proof that E! is going downhill.

E! OVERHAUL: E! News Live is undergoing an extreme makeover. In addition to a new set, the show will drop the live gimmick in favor of the more traditional taped-to-air format. Cohosts John Burke and Alisha Davis are also on their way out, to be replaced by correspondent Giuliana DePandi. The changes will take effect in February.

The only reason for them to drop the live format is because Giuliana is a moron who sucks on live TV. Taping will eliminate the embarrassment of Giuliana messing up her lines on live TV.

I miss the good old days of Steve Kmetko and Jules Asner!

Edited by Cherry Delight, Jan 19, 2005 @ 1:32 PM.

supie

supie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2005 @ 7:38 PM

Tonight on E news they gave an apology for a remark that was made about Dakota Fanning. Does anyone know what it was?

BuzzyBlessedBee

BuzzyBlessedBee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2005 @ 7:49 PM

Kathy Griffin was joking on the Golden Globes red carpet that Dakota was in rehab.

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2005 @ 12:53 AM

The live element was the only thing that seperated the show from other crap entertainment "news" shows. I don't see the purpose of dropping it. They're able to break news that the other shows have to wait a day to do.

I liked when they first went live and the show was an hour. They used to go live to red carpets and movie premieres. The only problems were John and Alisha. If they went back to that format with Patrick & Giuliana, I think it would be fine.

andreahb

andreahb

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 6, 2005 @ 10:45 AM

I can't stand how much Giuliana gushes about celebrities, especially the empty kind. The woman seems on the verge of an orgasm every time she talks about damn Paris Hilton. For someone who doesn't live in the US, it seems all Americans think and talk about is that talentless bony heiress.

What about the times when she goes to those Rodeo Drive boutiques to try on hideous outfits that are supposed to be all the rage among those "celebrities"? She couldn't look any more stupid if she tried.

Having said all that, I'm glad she's had enough of the blond hair dye. She's looking better with darker hair.

burke

burke

Posted Feb 11, 2005 @ 10:51 PM

new format, show now boring....zzzzzzzzzzzz

BostonTeaParty

BostonTeaParty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2005 @ 12:24 PM

God, I used to love old school E! New Daily when it was Steve Kmetko and the girl before Jules Asner. I want to say her name was Robin, but I don't think that's right.

They used to be so irreverant, kind of like the Anti ET. Now? I can barely sit through a minute of it because they seemed to have fully embraced their status as the Spawn of ET. Boo!

baylark

baylark

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2005 @ 7:34 PM

Did anyone ever notice that Guiliana talks like she has amouthfull of S---? or is it just me? She DOES gush about celebs and wants to be on so bad it is quite evident AND pathetic! Probably because she lost her looser celeb boyfriend Jerry O'Connell to trashy Rebecca Romjin. What was she thinking leaving John Stamos for that him? Anyhow E could be better they need to fix it fast!!!

Jaguares

Jaguares

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 7:30 PM

What is up with this stupid show!? They have been starting the "program" with a Paris Hilton "story" every fucking day for the past month, even when she has done nothing but attend a stupid event. Today was the last straw, not only did E! begin the show by talking about how Paris famewhored her ass to a Marilyn Monroe auction, but Depandi's retarded ass started comparing Paris to Marilyn! It was just utter bull shit! She even compared Marilyn's Dimaggio marriage to Paris' future wedding with that other Paris. What similarities can there possibly be between the four besides the fact that at one point, they where born out of a vagina.

I really want to write E! a pissed off letter telling them to shut the fuck up with the Paris shit, but it'll just be a waste of time. I was at least hoping that Depandi would ask her what her favorite Marilyn movie was to see if the halfwitt had even seen one. I fear that Hilton is going to revamp herself as some deformed Marilyn clone.

So in conclusion,

Shut up E!
Shut the fuck up Paris, you are no Marilyn!

And while we're at it, shut the fuck up E! with your claim that Mischa Barton is the next Audrey Hepburn!

Just had to rant a little.

Edited by Jaguares, Jun 2, 2005 @ 7:33 PM.

BostonTeaParty

BostonTeaParty

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2005 @ 11:54 AM

Did anyone ever notice that Guiliana talks like she has amouthfull of S---?

No, but I'm too distracted by her freakish build. She has an enormous head, a wee jaw, a pencil neck and muscular arms that look lumpy rather than muscular. My eyes!! It burns!

ETA: Word to your entire post, Jagueres.

But this?

What similarities can there possibly be between the four besides the fact that at one point, they where born out of a vagina.

is Hil-ar-ious.

Edited by BostonTeaParty, Jun 14, 2005 @ 11:56 AM.

Phenobarbara

Phenobarbara

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2005 @ 12:41 PM

Did anyone ever notice that Guiliana talks like she has amouthfull of S---?

No, but I'm too distracted by her freakish build. She has an enormous head, a wee jaw, a pencil neck

I've noticed all of the above. Ever seen those sketches of aliens and they all have those oddly shaped wide heads? That's her. And her mouth is weird looking.

Quean

Quean

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 14, 2005 @ 2:31 PM

Ever seen those sketches of aliens and they all have those oddly shaped wide heads? That's her.

You're right. Throw a wig on E.T., it's theGiuliana all the way. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing. E.T. is pretty lovable and a brilliant scientist on his home planet.

lobster02

lobster02

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 3, 2006 @ 8:22 PM

I know it isn't called E! News Live now, but what do you think of E!'s move on hiring Ryan Seacrest to stand alongside Giuliana? I have to wait and see how the show will be like with the both of them in it. Hmph.. I miss Patrick.

KeyOui

KeyOui

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2006 @ 8:45 PM

Gah! Is there any medium that is immune to the virus that is Seacrest? Juliana and Patrick had a unique chemistry. I still miss Jason too.

lobster02

lobster02

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 3, 2006 @ 9:08 PM

Seacrest doesn't need sleep apparently. I think it's all in the peroxide. Oooh, Jason Feinbizzy. Whatever happened to him and Patrick? Price cuts?

KeyOui

KeyOui

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2006 @ 8:38 AM

Also David Adelson who covered the music news, he used to rag on Patrick and it was kind of fun. The combination of Juliana, Patrick, Jason, David, Ted and Kristin was a good one, they seemed to genuinely like each other at the very least. More so than the coma-inducing partnership of John Burke and Alisha Davis. This is a funny take on the Seacrest heist. I especially like the part about the fortunes of E! as a celeb-fellating network resting on the talent-free shoulders of Seacrest. I say bring over Joel McHale! There can never be enough Joel.

Edited by KeyOui, Jan 4, 2006 @ 8:40 AM.

PorkFat

PorkFat

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2006 @ 9:13 AM

I know it isn't called E! News Live now, but what do you think of E!'s move on hiring Ryan Seacrest to stand alongside Giuliana?

I think it's bullshit, since we won't be getting Kathy Griffin now. I heard today on CNN that Ryan will also be producing the E! red carpet fluff, and he and Kathy hate each other.

Ryan + Giulianna+ red carpet= cheesy suckfest

Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2006 @ 11:25 AM

Ryan + anything = cheesy suckfest.

fatneck

fatneck

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2006 @ 11:38 PM

Gah! Is there any medium that is immune to the virus that is Seacrest? Juliana and Patrick had a unique chemistry. I still miss Jason too.

Yeah, I was wondering what happened to Patrick. I damn near had tears of laughter with their "Willy Wonka sketch". Trust me, it was so funny how Patrick was playing Wonka like a perv!

Like someone mention above, they all seemed to get along and have fun. Oh, well.

I don't watch E!Live now, because of the new changes and I'm sure in hell won't be watching with Seacrest! He tries to hard and just too annoying for my taste!

Phenobarbara

Phenobarbara

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2006 @ 2:02 PM

I laughed my ass off when I heard Guiliana make the announcement about Ryan Seacrest. She looked like she was choking on every word. Can't blame her. Ryan Seacrest is one of the most vacuous, annoying, overrated creatures on the face of the earth.

melmarcotte

melmarcotte

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 7, 2006 @ 1:38 PM

What happened to Patrick?