And Ah-one, Ah-two: The Lawrence Welk Show

• Please log in to reply

5143 replies to this topic

BX60

BX60

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 12:26 AM

I am very sorry to hear this.  I have had so much fun over the years.  I am going to print some of the pages.  Some of the comments and and observations have been hilarious.  

LegallyRed2

LegallyRed2

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 9:12 PM

Hey all! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile but LW has been pre-empted since January here in PGH. Awful.

Wanted to let you know that it would appear that it would appear that these forums will continue on previously.tv, which is a new site now run by the creaters of TWoP -- I went to sign up there so we can continue our LW analysis. Looks almost identical to these forums, same rules, etc. I was so sad to hear the news, but now I feel a little better.

juanruiz

juanruiz

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 7:17 PM

Got a show from 1966 with the Lennons hosting.  Not too bad.  A Polish guy from Chicago played the accordion.  Don't remember seeing this one before.

BX60

BX60

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 8:04 PM

I saw and recorded this one when it played in 2004.  The Polish guy was Little Wally.  He was very popular in the Chicago area, and even made albums.  I have another Welk show that again has Little Wally as a guest.  I was disappointed that The Blenders did not appear on this show.  It was a very good show, however and I give it an A.

Here is a link to Little Wally:

http://en.wikipedia....Walter_Jagiello

Edited by BX60, Mar 30, 2014 @ 8:05 PM.

BX60

BX60

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 3:34 PM

I got "The Lawrence Welk Show" added to Previously TV.  I will be going by Outafocus on that site.  I wanted to go by Outafocus on this site, but when I registered, TWoP said the name was already in use.  After posting here for a while as BX60, I realized that I had registered for this site years before as Outafocus, but never posted.  Oh to be a Welk fan's age!

Here's a link to the Welk portion of the new forum:

http://forums.previously.tv/forum/564-the-lawrence-welk-show/ 

OldOrNew

OldOrNew

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 6:53 PM

I'm glad we'll have someplace to move our discussions after TWOP closes up shop. I will miss it here.

I enjoyed the show last week but didn't think it was anything remarkable. Who knew Natalie was that bubbly?! I also find the Lennons surprisingly tolerable in their wraparounds. They seemed very genuine and told interesting stories about performers other than themselves, and somebody tell Ken Delo to watch them to learn how to mention all branches of your family without boring the pants off an audience.

discorules

discorules

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 11:45 AM

That 1966 Springtime in the Rockies show was one of the best in recent memory. I hardly FFed anything. I especially loved Janet's A Little Bird and the Lennons' number Tiptoe Through the Tulips, although I always think of Tiny Tim when I hear that song. Loved Red Red Robin. Natalie is such a ditz. Li'l Wally was a camp hoot!

BX60

BX60

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 10:00 PM

The 1967 April Showers show was EXCELLENT.  I watched it live while my DVR recorded it, so I had to sit through Natalie and Joe, but the rest was great.  I even watched Arthur without getting antsy.  He made a comment about how he loved to introduce his numbers, then flubbed up the rest of the introduction.   I would have missed that had I been watching the DVR!  I give this show a good solid A.

juanruiz

juanruiz

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 6:40 AM

A pretty good show.  Had the feeling of the b & ws.  Hard to believe that was 47 years ago.  LW was younger there than I am.

BX60

BX60

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2014 @ 7:58 PM

You're a little older than I am, juanruiz.  I am 61, and Lawrence was 64 on this show.  Lawrence looked a lot younger at 64 than I do at 61!

Hoping to see you all soon on PREVIOUSLY TV!

OhioGrandad

OhioGrandad

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 4:01 PM

C'mon folks. Make the move over to Previously TV. A few of us have already made the switch, but we need the rest of you.

juanruiz

juanruiz

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 7:45 PM

Got the "Los Angeles" show.  Very good.  Lots of hems-above-the-knees dresses...not to mention Mary Lou's baby doll.

discorules

discorules

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 12:17 PM

Loved Tanya's Rainy Days and Mondays and Guy's Go Away Little Girl and Jalisco which I know as The Three Caballeros.

LegallyRed2

LegallyRed2

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 4:21 PM

I'm there! I'm there --- Still @LegallyRed2! Happy you'll all be over there. :)