Darrell: The Non-Flexiblist Cat

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

40 replies to this topic

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 31, 2005 @ 12:02 AM

In the big picture, I don't hate Darrell as much as the other guys. He's good in some missions, and he gives great quotes. But at this point, I just want him in the Inferno for the novelty. He came into this Challenge with the most consective missions without getting bounced. If he makes it to the end, he'd be second only to Coral overall...and he would have at least one more win than her. I just want Poote to sweat a little.

Uh Hi Im Ron

Uh Hi Im Ron

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 31, 2005 @ 10:43 AM

He's the most successful Alumni in terms of Challenges, I believe. He's been on 3 winning teams out of the 3 he's done.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Aug 1, 2006 @ 1:11 AM

In response to the episode thread for tonight's episode...I don't think Darrell is a wuss/pussy/whatever. He's like Coral...he can network and alliance up really well, to the point where nobody throws him to the wolves. And he's got enough muscle and athleticism to get by.

I just get mad anytime I think of him and Rachel buddying up in The Gauntlet. I know they had a case for voting off the weaker members of the RR team, but in my mind, it's all, "I know Sarah gonna quit, cuz dat what Sarah does, diddy doo ditty die get yo ass up." And then I get upset all over again, because I loved Sarah.

Coco88

Coco88

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 1, 2006 @ 3:55 PM

I like Darrell and I also don't think he's a wimp or pussy for trying to avoid getting sent into any Gauntlet, Inferno or Exile. I think people who are so confident of winning those if they go are stupid. You can never account for certain things like the weight of your baggage or bad luck, i.e. spider bites. popped kneecaps (poor Coral).

I also don't care that he didn't want Sarah around for the final challenge on The Gauntlet cause I remember Darrell having to literally carry Sarah during the final mission.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Aug 2, 2006 @ 1:26 AM

Actually, that was Adam carrying Sarah, which made me laugh really hard. It's just that I liked Sarah, and I hated Rachel and Darrell. I can lighten up on Darrell because he brings the quips in his mangled English.

mrskitty

mrskitty

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2006 @ 2:07 AM

I can't believe that Darrel wins again this year. He has to be the richest mofo in the history of the challenges.

stlouischili

stlouischili

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2006 @ 10:04 PM

I'm pissed that Darrell has gotten so little camera time during this challenge, and I have probably been deprived of many of his hilarious quotes & mangling of the English language. In a few short weeks he will be off my TV. And he doesn't even have a website.

My funny TV eye candy will be gone. *sniff*

It will be a sad day, but "it will not be raining....it will be God pissing on us."

Afrocentric

Afrocentric

Posted Sep 2, 2006 @ 11:49 PM

I am so glad that Darrell is no longer a giant asshat. Man, I used to hate him so.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Sep 5, 2006 @ 12:12 AM

So...is Darrell that good? He's seldom the best at missions, he talks like he boxes without a helmet, but he's won four Challenges. I don't think anybody else has won that many, let alone gone 4-for-4. I think he could be put in the same category as Will Kirby and Rob Mariano, but those two only get by on the stupity of their opposition.

I was rooting for him and Aviv, though...after Coral & Evan went down, there wasn't any other team without a major stain. Yeah, he did rip into Aviv once or twice, but they had chemistry. Meanwhile, Tina's barking nonsense at Kenny, and Wes was probably wondering where he could drown Casey and get away with it. The ultimate happy ending of this season would have been Coral finally getting the monkey off her back by winning, but Darrell winning again and then bragging about it afterwards? Almost as good. Now...who would win between him and Jamie?

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2006 @ 12:47 PM

It does seem fair that Darrell won. I mean, he didn't appear to have as much animosity towards the Fresh Meat as the others did (not sure about the Austin cast) and he wasn't very controversial, especially since he patched up with Derrick a week later. I can see why he goes back to these challenges- it's essentially his paycheck.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Aug 28, 2009 @ 12:48 PM

Bumping this thread up on account of Darrell returning in The Ruins. I'm not sure why he's putting his perfect record on the line now, and he no longer has the crazy sideburns and fractured English, but it just feels nice to have him back.