Janice Dickinson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1046 replies to this topic

MandolinViola

MandolinViola

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 8:09 PM

I can't find a transcript on the UPN site, but I sat in on today's online chat with Janice. Some of the highlights I can remember from what she said:
- she thought only 3 of the girls out of this group really have what it takes to be models
- regarding this group's experience level, she said a couple of the girls thought they knew more about modeling than Janice did, and the others "could hardly buckle their shoes."
- she has nothing against plus-sized models in general, but don't think they belong on this show
- she likes Tyra, but admits that they don't always agree
- she thinks too many models are doing drugs these days
- for advice to aspiring models, she said at least finish high school, stay away from drugs, and bring a parent with you to keep you out of trouble
- she hopes that the season 1 girls are still (to paraphrase) out there pursuing their dreams

She said many other bitchy things that I can't recall, including several jokes about dieting and something about looking better in a thong than Simon Cowell.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 12:47 AM

How much vaseline was on the lens that shot Janice in the Judging Room because she looked fantastic and I am normally quite scared by her. Or I suppose I should just probably compliment her plastic surgeon.

Edited by biakbiak, Jan 14, 2004 @ 12:54 AM.

NeonJungle

NeonJungle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 1:13 AM

Or I suppose I should just probably compliment her plastic surgeon.

Or the makeup artist that attached those horrid bottom eyelashes. Aack! Edited to say that perhaps she blinked before her mascara was dry, and what I saw were smudges rather than surreal bottom lashes.
Did anyone see the Dr. Phil episode with Janice? The one where folks bemoaned their appearances, and one was bullemic, one wanted plastic surgery, and she appeared discussing the modeling industry and how difficult it is to be a person who must adhere to standards of fashion? Not a few months later she was spewing her wisdom and preening for the cameras in the first season of ANTM.

What's that description I'm looking for? Fame something. Fame store? Fame core? Fame bore? Oh, you know -- it was on the tip of my toungue, but I lost it. If you find it, please post it.

Edited by NeonJungle, Jan 14, 2004 @ 1:15 AM.

Sideshow Jenn

Sideshow Jenn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 8:38 AM

Janice is a hag! I absolutely loathe people that use "I'm being honest" as an excuse to be rude.

Sceolan

Sceolan

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 1:58 PM

I love Janice. I love how reptile-scary she is. I much prefer her blunt manner to the typical wimpy fake meanness one sees all too often on reality shows like this.

scante60

scante60

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 4:21 PM

Janice needs to give the tweezers a rest! I liked her modeling photos where her eyebrows didn't look like they were drawn on in two seconds with a thin-tipped Sharpie.

Gloworm

Gloworm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 4:03 PM

I was surprised by how soft Janice came off in the first episode. I was by no means a fan of hers earlier but I was not prepared for the softball comments. Maybe she lights the fire later on.

AngelOfMusic

AngelOfMusic

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 9:03 PM

Hello! New poster... and to quote the *ahem great?* Whitney Houston... MY PEOPLE!

Janice? Love her. She's got that whole "not quite human but not quite Michael Jackson" thing working for her... and man is she great to watch during a raging case of PMS! ;)

paradig_m

paradig_m

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 7:40 PM

At the advice of Gustave in the original ANTM mega-thread, I decided to pick up Janice's autobiography. I must say that it is very entertaining and well written (she probably had some help, but the overall tone/voice is all Janice). The book also explains a lot of her aggression and fuck-you atittude. So, I don't hate her anymore, although she did ruin her face with all that plastic surgery.

gossipgirl

gossipgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 4:13 PM

I love Janice she is the bitchy voice of the fashion industry.

Kharma

Kharma

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 4:15 PM

I am so sick of her throwing in the fact that she was the "first supermodel" in every other sentence. Yeah, we get it. We got it the 1st season. Move on.

modellooks

modellooks

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 4:18 PM

The lighting in that room must be amazing. I saw Janice on ET last year and her skin looked like parchment paper up close.

Does anyone remember the time she tried to trick Sylvester Stallone into believing that her baby was his? It turned out that it was another guy's!

spingirl

spingirl

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 12:57 AM

If anyone has seen the VH1 "When Supermodels Ruled THe World," it's frightening how ugly she can look. She obviously spent a lot of on face lifts. Too bad she didn't touch that wrinkly, foreskin-like neck of hers.

jimi27

jimi27

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 4:42 PM

Poor Janice, the only way she can get attention these days is, climbing on a table and doing a 26 year old pose with a feminine acting runway expert.

paradig_m

paradig_m

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 11:59 PM

Janice Dickinson circa 1978:

http://members.chell...8_reinhardt.jpg

Hee, she really did put her ass in the air. (There are lots of great pics of Janice, Gia and other top '70s models on that site.)

AngelOfMusic

AngelOfMusic

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 12:04 AM

WHAT ass? That woman's butt has no definition whatsoever! At first glance it's like "oh look, Janice has reeeeeeeallllllly long legs, oh hang on... her butt's there at the top... somewhere".

MisterPink

MisterPink

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 12:12 AM

Does anyone else find it eery how old photos of Janice look nothing like Janice today? She used to look sort of Asian, or something. See They don't even look like the same person.

It's funny to look at old modeling photos, because models used to be so much more conventionally pretty. And their bodie looked so much more normal. Ohmygod, she looks like Jenascia. It's a sign.

Edited by MisterPink, Jan 26, 2004 @ 12:30 AM.

pistachio

pistachio

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 4:01 PM

I just read the interview with Janice on the UPN ANTM site. Awesome interview, where Janice spills alot of opinions on this years (and last years) cast.

Some things are a TINY bit spoilerish, however, so don't read if you don't want to know.

hissa

hissa

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 5:46 PM

She used to be so gorgeous! In that first photo you posted, Mr. Pink, she really resembles Phoebe Cates. And I could swear that last one is Kristian Alfonso.

heckkitty

heckkitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 7:00 PM

Her gigantic fake boobies scared the bejebus out of me last night.

Kromm

Kromm

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 12:03 AM

Damn, from that chat transcript, she sounds like the scariest woman ever. She all but tells future models to hang themselves upside down to stretch their bodies and to barf up everything they eat.

Gytha Ogg

Gytha Ogg

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 12:05 AM

Thanks for breaking the ice on that one heckkitty! I know there was a fashion trend once upon a time for "frankly fake" furs, but I didn't know breasts were included, too.

You know how, in A.I., Jude Law's face was kind of shiny to show he was an android? Janice's cleavage had the same effect going on, I swear.

Suedehead

Suedehead

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 4, 2004 @ 3:18 PM

Re: Janice

My partner: Wasn't she a model on The Price Is Right?

Me: I don't think so. The name sound familiar though. I hope not. This thang's a washed up nasty ass c-nt.

Can someone clear this up for us.

I can't believe I'm watching this show but for some reason I'm hooked. Probably cuz I like to watch bitches go at each other.

Psyche78

Psyche78

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2004 @ 3:54 PM

No, she was not on the Price is Right. There was a girl name Janice the Price is Right, but she was blonde.

crowekittie

crowekittie

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 4, 2004 @ 9:01 PM

Janice from the price is right is Janice Pennington (sp?), I believe.

Julieyousuck

Julieyousuck

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2004 @ 1:09 AM

Oh Janice. Clearly you put the "dick" in "dickinson."

buckyweezy

buckyweezy

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 5, 2004 @ 5:40 PM

the great thing about janice dickinson is that she has about as much self-awareness as the modeling hopefuls. really, it's a festival of oblivion. the insults, the critiques--no one absorbs anything. it's one big ego orgy with janice at the helm.

BoxofRain

BoxofRain

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 5, 2004 @ 6:26 PM

I found it hilarious when the camera did a close-up of janice right b4 jenascia's moment-of-truth time b4 the judges. janice's eyebrows raised and her eyes narrowed; she looked like a predator in the wild about to pounce on the poor, defenseless prey. which jenascia was...

arlykeeno

arlykeeno

Stalker

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 7:57 PM

Anybody got a handy dandy definition of "supermodel" around so I can know why she's the very first one EVAH? We all know there were models before her, and I think Suzy Parker and Jean Shrimpton and Twiggy and Cheryl Tiegs were pretty super, so... Why, Janice, do you get the title? (I feel sure this is answered in the autobio I haven't read, so don't sue me if it's in there.) I'm sticking with Suzy Parker, personally.

MsLark

MsLark

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 11:55 AM

Arlykeeno, you're right about Suzy Parker. The first two "supermodels" I was aware of were Jean Shrimpton (who I wanted to be at 16) and Twiggy (who was the frontrunner for the anorexic look, damn her bones). I don't know where Janice gets off with "I was the first supermodel." Sorry, but I don't even remember her name or her her face.