HLN (CNN Headline News)

• Please log in to reply

475 replies to this topic

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 2:56 AM

My mother dives for the remote when that comes on. She also can't stand that 'Mornin' Sunshine!' BS.

I can't stand Robin Meade at all. She's so phony it makes me sick.

I can't stand her either. Seeing her constant stupidity on HLN every morning is making me grateful that I can watch Good Day New York in the morning. The Good Day New York cast are way more funnier & has more class than Robin Meade. It is also making me feel sad for Jennifer Westhoven & Bob Van Dillon for having to put up with this crap. Both of them are professionals compare to Robin Meade & that douchebag who does the sports updates on the show. Both Jennifer & Bob need to get away from Robin Meade. They deserve better.

And what is with HLN doing their "flavor of the month" commentary on the Martin MacNeill trial? That case is not even remotely interesting. But, they have Nancy Grace & poor Jinkasaurus in Utah covering it. Even poor Clark Goldband is there to cover it. Even those losers on HLN After Dark are doing commentary on it & it was downright shameful. Its like HLN really has no sense of shame in them. Someone needs to find Jinkasaurus & give her a hug. How she keeps on punishing herself by being on HLN (especially on Nancy Grace) is beyond me.

Edited by Magog, Oct 23, 2013 @ 2:58 AM.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2013 @ 6:21 PM

Jinkasaurus does need a hug. She's covering a trial right now.  She primarily works for CNN now. Nancy isn't even there in the mornings for testimony. i'm sure she relies on Jinkasaurus for what happens, and yet she yells at her, and says she's wrong.  Nancy should realize that without her, she'd have to be in court all day. Why does Nancy bring her kids to every trial she covers? Doesn't she trust her husband enough to watch them? 

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2013 @ 3:41 PM

If anybody is remotely interested in the Martin MacNeill trial, he was found guilty early Saturday Morning. Personally, that case was downright boring. It also doesn't help that HLN keeps pausing it & going to commercials every 5 minutes. Worst of all, they keep on promoting Nancy Grace every chance they get. As if that's the only place to go for analysis of the trial or for anything else for that matter.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2013 @ 4:11 PM

Yeah, I understand why HLN covered the MacNeill trial, trail coverage is their bread and butter now, but there was lacking in something Casey Anthony and Jody Arias had, and it had no wider public interest like the Zimmerman trial had. 

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2013 @ 10:43 AM

True. Without a PR man like Ryan Julison you simply cannot whip folks up into a frenzy, even though the dead mother was relatable and seemed like a very sweet person. 

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2013 @ 9:35 AM

Ever since George Zimmerman was arrested this week for domestic violence, I haven't heard much from his friend Frank Taaffe. I'm surprised that HLN hasn't gotten Frank on yet so that he can try to put a happy face on this situation & staunchly defend his good friend.

Edited by Magog, Nov 21, 2013 @ 9:36 AM.

Tunia

Tunia

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2013 @ 10:33 AM

Ever since George Zimmerman was arrested this week for domestic violence, I haven't heard much from his friend Frank Taaffe. I'm surprised that HLN hasn't gotten Frank on yet so that he can try to put a happy face on this situation & staunchly defend his good friend.

Wasn't he on Nancy Grace Tuesday night?  I use HLN as my TV nightlight with the sound turned down, and thought I saw Nancy screaming at him on a split-screen when I rolled over in bed, at which point I turned the other way.  Maybe it was just a nightmare!

Edited by Tunia, Nov 21, 2013 @ 10:52 AM.

SassySenior

SassySenior

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2013 @ 11:37 AM

Yes, indeed... he came out of the woodwork to speak on Nancy's show. Same old bull shit! Nancy screams, Frank screams, I reach for the remote!  Just a matter of time before he shows up on Pinsky's program.  He probably didn't want to have Frank on without Ms. Ali.  Two bigots make for a more balanced presentation!  I hope Tunia was able to get back to an uninterupted sleep!

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2013 @ 5:12 PM

Frank Taffee is as obnoxious as Nancy Grace. They're a match made in Heaven. 

dimo

dimo

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2013 @ 7:11 PM

ljohnson2006,       Sorry, but you are wrong because you failed to include the most obnoxious loud mouth on TV, Jane (JVM)  the "pukey-loud-mouthed-screaming and ranting person that wants to be known as an ex-acholic!" 

So that is her big claim to fame, give me a break and just shut the hell up and take your screaming voice somewhere far away, who cares?  And when you go, take your stupid self promoting friend Robin Mead with you.

Edited by dimo, Nov 21, 2013 @ 7:36 PM.

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2013 @ 4:36 PM

Nancy, JVM and Dr Drew have nothing to talk about or cover now that there aren't any sensational trials.
HLN even cancelled After Dark.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2013 @ 10:20 PM

HLN canceled After Dark because they want to get out of the televised trial business.  The network is currently discussing turning HLN into a social media network, the equivalent of a televised Facebook and Twitter.  I predict that this will fail just like their non-trial coverage formats did.

I wish HLN would go back to the mostly news content.  I always hate flipping between HLN, CNN and MSNBC trying to find some damn news.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2013 @ 11:00 AM

I wish HLN would go back to the mostly news content. I always hate flipping between HLN, CNN and MSNBC trying to find some damn news.

I also wish that HLN would get rid of some dead weights on that network. Mainly, that crappy morning show with Robin Meade. She almost makes Nancy Grace respectable. I also wish that they kick AJ Hammer to the curb. I hate Showbiz Tonight & AJ Hammer irritates the hell out of me. How he is still employed by HLN is very troubling.

Since they're making changes on HLN, it better be the end of Jeanne Moos. Everything about her reporting sucks & she is definitely not funny. I find her to be as similar as Robin Meade. 

I don't know what this Upwave thing is about that they're trying to promote on HLN, but I'm not feeling it.

Edited by Magog, Dec 7, 2013 @ 11:04 AM.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2013 @ 3:59 PM

I also wish that HLN would get rid of some dead weights on that network. Mainly, that crappy morning show with Robin Meade. She almost makes Nancy Grace respectable. I also wish that they kick AJ Hammer to the curb. I hate Showbiz Tonight & AJ Hammer irritates the hell out of me. How he is still employed by HLN is very troubling.

Since they're making changes on HLN, it better be the end of Jeanne Moos. Everything about her reporting sucks & she is definitely not funny. I find her to be as similar as Robin Meade. 

I don't know what this Upwave thing is about that they're trying to promote on HLN, but I'm not feeling it.

I agree with everything you said, except I love Jeannie Moos. I wish headline news would go back to the "news/weather/sports headlines every 30 minutes like they used to be.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2013 @ 6:10 PM

I wonder if these new changes will mean the end of Nancy Grace. One can hope. 

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2013 @ 5:01 PM

Carlos Diaz and Natasha Curry are out at  HLN. 

LostintheHouse

LostintheHouse

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 12, 2013 @ 11:19 AM

Count me in for the Nancy Grace Hate Train.

I have a major complaint about HLN's weekend programming.  I used to enjoy episodes of "Mystery Detectives" - factual coverage, actual crime scene photos/videos - all completed in 30 minutes without a lot of dramatization.  Many of these episodes are old, as evidenced in the small screen format (rather than HDTV flat screen format).  But for the last couple of months, it's been weekend after weekend of the same damn episodes over & over & over ad nauseum.

Really, HLN, you have taken a fascinating format and show, and turned it into a continual loop of the same stuff.

Either find a new show, get some updated episodes, or cancel this tired old show.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2013 @ 4:53 PM

Replace Nancy with Jean Casarez or Beth Karas. At least they're unbiased and will not shout over their guests.  Who thought it was a good idea to give Jane Velez-Mitchell a show? She's as annoying and loud as Nancy Grace. 

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2013 @ 7:16 PM

I wonder if these new changes will mean the end of Nancy Grace. One can hope.

Sadly, its not going to happen.

http://radaronline.c...bshell-tonight/

JadedOne

JadedOne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 12:42 AM

Ugh. She's like a bad STD that just won't go away.

dimo

dimo

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 1:24 AM

Note to HLN: Drop the "wanna-be-rock-star" Jayne Valez Mitchell or what ever her name is!!!! She is totally obnoxious and unbearable to watch.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2014 @ 10:58 PM

HLN wants to be the cable news network for the social media generation.

From the article one of the slogans for the network they're working on is "We're not the news.  You are." and they plan on using popular Twitter, tumblr and YouTube users as guests and talking heads.  I noticed some YouTube "stars" were on Dr. Drew sometime last week.

Now that HLN has publicly announced they want to be the MTV of cable news, I wonder how Nancy "Pot is EVUL" Grace and shrieking asshole Jane Velez-Mitchell are going to fit in with the network's vision.  Is HLN going to let them go after their contracts run out or will they have to get with the new, hip program?

slensam

slensam

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 10, 2014 @ 1:41 AM

This network is turning into "Idiocracy".

Al Funcoot

Al Funcoot

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2014 @ 4:49 PM

It's about to get worse.

The only people I've seen handle social media on TV well are MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and Chris Hayes. (And a lot of those features on Hayes' show have been cut back.) I think there's a certain mindset you have to accept to succeed on cable news and that mentality is one that struggles with internet culture. The examples in the Buzzfeed article seems to think that HLN needs to be like a journalism-free TV version of Buzzfeed.

Edited by Al Funcoot, Feb 10, 2014 @ 4:49 PM.

dimo

dimo

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2014 @ 10:22 PM

If you want to be the "cable news network for the social media generation," you might want to start with dumping Nancy Grace and the "recovering drunk" Jayne Mitchell (she never fails to remind us about this)  Talk about old school, jeeseeee give me a break!

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 2:43 PM

HLN wants to be the cable news network for the social media generation.

From the article one of the slogans for the network they're working on is "We're not the news.  You are." and they plan on using popular Twitter, tumblr and YouTube users as guests and talking heads.  I noticed some YouTube "stars" were on Dr. Drew sometime last week.

Now that HLN has publicly announced they want to be the MTV of cable news, I wonder how Nancy "Pot is EVUL" Grace and shrieking asshole Jane Velez-Mitchell are going to fit in with the network's vision.  Is HLN going to let them go after their contracts run out or will they have to get with the new, hip program?

There is nothing hip about HLN. I don't want to hear about some idiots "tweet" or a YouTube video that went "viral" & HLN telling me that its newsworthy. Aren't they doing that already with Robin Meade in the morning or their other crummy programming in the daytime?  I don't even like Social Media & having HLN catering to them will make it even more intolerable.

BTW, I watch their new show Right This Minute last night & it was a waste of my time. There was nothing informative or amusing about it.

If you want to be the "cable news network for the social media generation," you might want to start with dumping Nancy Grace and the "recovering drunk" Jayne Mitchell (she never fails to remind us about this)  Talk about old school, jeeseeee give me a break!

I can tolerate JVM. She doesn't get on my nerves as much as the other fools on HLN. She is smarter than Nancy Grace & Dr. Dumbass that comes after her. HLN should of gotten rid of him too. He makes Frank Taaffe respectable. I'm surprised that HLN hasn't offered him a show. His attitude & stupidity would fit right in with HLN.

Edited by Magog, Feb 11, 2014 @ 2:45 PM.