TV Bloopers, Flubs, And Goofs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

75 replies to this topic

shannon201

shannon201

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 8:53 PM

As a kid growing up in Green Bay, WI, I could always tell when the stations hired voiceover guys from Chicago to do their station IDs because all the stations had secondary transmitters in the Upper Peninsula. The Chicago guys invariably told us those were located in MariOnette, MI.

Shelwood, when I was growing up in the Upper Peninsula one of our favorite games to play was "take a drink whenever the voiceover guy pronounces the name of a city incorrectly." Marinette, Ontonagon, Sault Ste. Marie, Baraga, Escanaba, etc.

The best was when they obviously tried to sound it out before saying it on the tv news. :)

espie

espie

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2010 @ 12:19 PM

Sometimes I think it's a hazing ritual... the established local newscasters don't tell the newbies how to pronounce some of those place names on purpose. Our local station once put on a talking head who referred to "Oh-DIE-or-Nee" Point... too bad it's pronounced "OH-Dee-Orne". I've lived in this state most of my life and had some trouble figuring out where she was talking about.

MissMoneyBags

MissMoneyBags

Fanatic

• Interests:Beauty Contests, Railroads, Real Estate Speculation, Bank Errors, Staying Out Of Jail

Posted Sep 14, 2010 @ 12:29 PM

Anyone who watches The Mentalist knows that Cho is one of the most stoic hard-ass characters currently on TV. Which is why it's one of the greatest things ever to see Tim Kang bust up laughing at a flubbed line in this outtake.

Star Trek has produced some good bloopers too. Of all people, Robert Beltran (Chakotay) had some funny ones - I find myself wanting to quote the "ship it outta here!" one, but no one will know what I'm referencing!

Edited by MissMoneyBags, Sep 14, 2010 @ 12:29 PM.

GoldfishGirl42

GoldfishGirl42

Fanatic

• Interests:Red Sox, Patriots, sci-fi, history, literature, crime shows (but not CSI:Miami)

Posted Sep 18, 2010 @ 3:33 PM

Of all people, Robert Beltran (Chakotay) had some funny ones - I find myself wanting to quote the "ship it outta here!" one, but no one will know what I'm referencing!

*raises hand, waves, dissolves in giggles* Is it sad that I instantly knew which one you were referring to? Without rewatching the link?

Which reminds me, in the vein of seeing guys playing stoic characters crack up, IIRC about half of the great Voyager outtakes came from Tim Russ/Tuvok. MissMoneyBags's clip contains the great "I ain't going in there" bit, and the one where he dies very over dramatically, all over his console. Because of him, and Stargate's Chris Judge, I have a very special place in my heart for actors who give such good deadpan yet are actually huge goofballs offscreen.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Sep 18, 2010 @ 10:49 PM

My favorite outtake ever is from a Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode; I forget exactly which one, but it's one of the Hercules movies. Crow's line is supposed to be "I hate movies where the men just wear shorter skirts than the women." In this take, Trace instead says "I hate movies where women wear shorter skirts than..." and as he trails off on realizing the mistake, Kevin Murphy immediately makes Tom say "I love movies like that!"

Shalamar

Shalamar

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2010 @ 11:14 AM

I think you're right, SVNBob. When they showed the clip on Weekend Update in slow-mo, I seem to recall Henry turning towards the camera for a second before continuing the sketch. (From what I've heard, Henry is such a trooper, he probably would've finished the sketch even if his injury had been life-threatening.)

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Sep 3, 2011 @ 6:43 PM

Sometimes random stuff happens on live tv, especially in WWE. Recently, a mouse upstaged Raw!

RavensGirl

RavensGirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 9:34 PM

Some of the Weather Channel anchors have major problems pronouncing the names of towns in Texas and Oklahoma. So far I have heard Kee-oh-wa (for Kiowa) and Montague County being pronounced Monta-cue.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

In a recent episode of Glee, Artie took Quinn, who's in a wheelchair after a car accident, to a skate park where they get to ride around in their wheelchairs. Except that there's a very large, noticeable palm tree in the background, something not likely to be seen in Lima, Ohio, where the show takes place.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

In a recent episode of Glee, Artie took Quinn, who's in a wheelchair after a car accident, to a skate park where they get to ride around in their wheelchairs. Except that there's a very large, noticeable palm tree in the background, something not likely to be seen in Lima, Ohio, where the show takes place.

Not only that, but there is no Six Flags in Ohio, so that's a pretty huge fluke as well.

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

That really threw me. They've even mentioned King's Island before so I didn't understand why they didn't just send them there.

Love

Love

Fanatic

• Interests:Dancing and music. LOST was my fave tv show ever. Can't believe how much I miss it. There will never be another like it. My fave shows now consist of Game of Thrones, Vikings, Arrow, Once Upon A Time & CSI (original flavour). I still try to catch the Vampire Diaries and Glee for old times sake.

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

Not only that, but there is no Six Flags in Ohio, so that's a pretty huge fluke as well.

Isn't Cedar Point in Ohio? I thought that was a Six Flags.

selkie

selkie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

Cedar Point and King's Island are part of the Cedar Fair group of Amusement Parks along with Knott's Berry Farm, Michigan's Adventure, Canada's Wonderland, and a few others.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

There was a Six Flags in Ohio until 2004, when they sold out to Cedar Fair (Kings Island owner). The park closed and the land was sold in 2008.
Six Flags Ohio

Edited by AimingforYoko, Apr 27, 2012 @ 5:36 PM.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:55 AM

Whenever they're playing "Amok Time" from the original 'Trek, I keep an eye out for Leonard Nimoy causually leaning against a wall in a long shot of the ceremonies, I think when T'Pau is talking to Kirk about being Spock's challenger.

Brandi Maxxxx

Brandi Maxxxx

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

On the Australian infotainment show The Project, one of the hosts got tongue-tied while saying, "QANTAS customers."