TV Bloopers, Flubs, And Goofs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

75 replies to this topic

Halfpint Ingals

Halfpint Ingals

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 10:54 AM

http://www.geocities...812/lh-nit4.htm

Have yall ever noticed Little House Nitpicker guide ?? Its hilarious. It hasnt been updated since 1998 because the guy just disapeared. but still check it out.

greybear

greybear

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2004 @ 5:40 AM

One of my favourites is an episode of Designing Women, the one where Julia's son Payne brings his "girlfriend" [she's 40-something] home from university for a visit. Near the end, when Julia's telling off Primmy, the cameras cut back and forth between Julia and Primmy. Julia's necklace is sometimes caught on a button on her jacket, sometimes not. I don't know how the editors could miss it because the jacket is red, the necklace is gold, and it's quite obvious.

nitrodan

nitrodan

Couch Potato

• Interests:Watching tv, listening to music, watching tv, long walks on the beach, watching tv, candle light dinners... did I mention that I like watching tv?

Shows currently on my faves list:
    LOST, Heroes, 30 Rock, The Office, CSI, Futurama, Scrubs, Frisky Dingo, The Soup, SNL, The Simpsons, and How I Met Your Mother.

Posted Nov 26, 2004 @ 1:41 PM

On Angel, in the episode Shiny Happy People you could see Gina Torres (Jasmine) start to slip a little when she's walking on the greasy bowling lane but she does a great job covering it.

Daisy Duke

Daisy Duke

Posted Nov 26, 2004 @ 7:56 PM

The best WWE wrestling screw-up of all time was Torrie Wilson forgetting she was supposed to get involved in the fight, and Matt Hardy (her opponent) having to call her to turn her dumb ass around, and hide it in his trademark scream.

"Toorrrriieeeeaaaaagh!"

Then she turns around, and has clearly forgotten what she's supposed to do (kick him in the balls) and he walks towards her completely bowlegged. Never have you seen a man so happy to be kicked in the nads. He falls down and looks like "damn, I didn't actually disappear."

The Hardy Boyz have other bloopers but that was the funniest.

foultemptress

foultemptress

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2004 @ 8:21 PM

From a year ago, but...

I remember the "Whose Line?" episode where Ryan hit his head on the glass by Drew's desk. There have been several episodes of "WL?" where Drew falls down or trips over the stairs. Also, does anyone remember the episode where Wayne picked up a woman and threw her over his shoulder, which hiked up her skirt and revealed her panties to the world?

I think she did at least have dark hose on, so it wasn't too bad. And I think Wayne was more embarassed than she was! She was laughing and he looked like he wanted to crawl under Drew's table!

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but I remember an episode of Star Trek Next Gen where Ro and Geordi were "phased" and could pass through solid objects. Except, of course, through the floor, which they seemed to have no trouble standing firmly on. They should've just fallen right through and out of the ship.

And this was in a movie, but an MST3K movie, so it counts: Space Mutiny, where a woman gets killed, then re-appears in the background two scenes later.

Edited by foultemptress, Nov 26, 2004 @ 8:21 PM.

Poodle Hat

Poodle Hat

Posted Nov 26, 2004 @ 11:56 PM

And this was in a movie, but an MST3K movie, so it counts: Space Mutiny, where a woman gets killed, then re-appears in the background two scenes later.

And perfectly snarked by Mike and the 'bots. Good times.

Dane

Dane

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 27, 2004 @ 1:17 PM

"Look alive, everybody! Oh, sorry, Susan." Hee.

AgonyAunt

AgonyAunt

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 28, 2004 @ 3:07 AM

Reversed shots can be equal parts amusing and annoying, but my current favourite is from an episode of Starsky and Hutch from the second season, when the guys are driving down the road. It's obvious they've reversed the shot, because Starsky, who's driving, is on the wrong side of the car. Looks like they're in a special right-hand drive Torino.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2004 @ 1:42 PM

Or maybe they were magically transported to England.

BostonsKrissy

BostonsKrissy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2006 @ 2:24 AM

On a recent episode of The OC Seth says "What the Hockey?!" and you can clearly see Racel Bilson cracking up even though the camera shot is from far away.

jessicajason

jessicajason

Stalker

Posted Jan 21, 2006 @ 6:31 PM

In the Friends ep TOW No one's Ready, Phoebe's hummus stain changes size in different shots. I'd seen the ep a couple of times before I noticed it, and now it's very distracting.

libad

libad

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2006 @ 8:27 PM

Palm trees in the background of Arcadia, MD, in Joan of Arcadia struck me as a bit odd. You have to look quick in the infrequent street shots, but they're there.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

• Interests:television (duh!), pro wrestling, pop culture, awards shows, writing, dreaming, procrastinating

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 2:57 AM

The best WWE wrestling screw-up of all time was Torrie Wilson forgetting she was supposed to get involved in the fight, and Matt Hardy (her opponent) having to call her to turn her dumb ass around, and hide it in his trademark scream.

"Toorrrriieeeeaaaaagh!"

Then she turns around, and has clearly forgotten what she's supposed to do (kick him in the balls) and he walks towards her completely bowlegged. Never have you seen a man so happy to be kicked in the nads. He falls down and looks like "damn, I didn't actually disappear."

Lita wrote about that in her autobiography (the match was Torrie & Hurricane vs. Matt & Lita). I'm completely paraphrasing, but Lita was really pissed about it and had a talking-to with Ms. Wilson after the match. I will always love Lita for writing something along these lines:

"In WCW, Torrie probably screwed up all the time and the guys just slapped her on the ass and told her she did a good job, but that's not how it went down in WWE."

Edited by JakeyIsSusan, Jan 22, 2006 @ 2:58 AM.

TheSmell

TheSmell

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 3:16 AM

There's an episode of TDVDS called "Bupkis". Rob wants to call a radio station so he picks up the phone, dials, then looks the number up in the phone book and says "Right". Dick almost loses his shit.

sweet cheeks

sweet cheeks

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 9:07 AM

Wouldn't it be great if by the end of every season of any TV show there would be an extra episode, dedicated to Bloopers and Sneak Peaks? It's so much fun to see what's going on behind the scenes when the actors are shooting, and witness how the actors are getting along on set. It's especially hysterical if those are bloopers from sitcoms.

Edited by sweet cheeks, Jan 22, 2006 @ 9:09 AM.

SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 9:59 AM

Pro wresting flubs and goofs should be its seperate category. Even worse than reality shows IMO since no one really prepares them for "acting"

But due to the Wilson story above, one time in WCW Goldberg gets a shot to the groin, completely no sells it (doesn't recoil in pain due to the shot) for about half a minute before realizing that his manhood would be questioned if he didn't sell a shot to the groin in an agonizing manner

espie

espie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 11:17 AM

On a Cathy Gale ep of The Avengers, one of those that was done live, an actor forgets his line in a scene with Steed. First you notice silence, then you notice that Patrick Macnee is smiling a bit awkwardly and looking around wondering what's going to happen next, then you hear a very faint off-camera voice prompting the stuck actor with his line. I'll ETA the ep title later if someone doesn't beat me to it; I'll have to check my videos at home.

ETA: It was "Concerto".

Edited by espie, Jan 26, 2006 @ 8:18 AM.

quackerz

quackerz

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 11:28 AM

It's especially hysterical if those are bloopers from sitcoms.

Personally, I tend to enjoy them no matter where they come from, but I especially enjoy bloopers from dramas--in sitcoms, they're already lighthearted, but when people are trying so hard to be serious and THEN they flub up and completely lose the moment...hilarious!

ETA correct spelling, dufus...

Edited by quackerz, Jan 22, 2006 @ 11:28 AM.

sl2266

sl2266

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2007 @ 12:19 PM

I enjoy the bits at the end of Fresh Prince of Bel Air. My favorite is when the actor playing Uncle Phil slips and gets bleeped out saying "damn." Will goes all old church on him, I think saying something about a Pastor in the audience. I crack-up every time.

Another one has Carlton saying something about trick-or-treating (?) that breaks Uncle Phil and Will out.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2007 @ 6:52 PM

I've always been a sucker for a good blooper. Too bad they don't run any of those blooper specials any more.

One of my favourite outtakes from Fresh Prince was from the episode where Carlton got a group of women to play a trick on Will by tying him up in a cabin. Afterwards, Will got payback on Carlton by telling him that he'd had to kill the woman holding him in order to get out, and Carlton ran through the entire set screaming. Alphonso Ribiero just chewed the hell out of the scenery, and it was heeeeeee-larious!

mobia

mobia

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 29, 2008 @ 12:56 PM

There was one flub I remember clearly from The Wayans Bros., which was the only thing about that show that made me laugh. Marlon and Shawn are talking, and Marlon puts on a wireless headset with a little mic on it, and goes, "I'm Bobby Brown!" and does a My Pregorative dance. The camera cuts to a close-up of Shawn, and the shot was a little blurry, and it looked as if Shawn was genuinely laughing at Marlon's dance, not acting-laughing. It looked like an outtake added into the scene. It was really sweet and funny.

On an ending bumper of Roseanne, there was an outtake of Dan shoving David up against a wall. In the episode it's a serious scene, where Dan practically wants to kill him. In the blooper, he shoves him, but pushes him too hard and Johnny Galecki loses his footing and slips, and everyone starts laughing. Sara Gilbert even makes some quip about it.

Watching Roseanne bloopers, I liked seeing something filmed between takes. Sara Gilbert and Michael Fishman were kids, and they're waiting to do a scene over, and Michael is babbling about something, and repeating it for Sara, who goes "Yeah, we all heard," and Roseanne's voice is heard off-camera, going "C'mon kids, focus, let's do it again," and clapping her hands. She spoke to them much like how her character speaks to the kids, and I just liked how familial and real it felt. Here's the clip.

Another Roseanne flub was Roseanne referring to one of her children as Jackie (her sister).

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Jun 29, 2008 @ 4:11 PM

Pro wresting flubs and goofs should be its seperate category. Even worse than reality shows IMO since no one really prepares them for "acting"

Wrestlemania, one year (I want to say it was either WM17 or WM18), Vince and Stephanie had Linda sedated, while Vince was allegedly carrying on with Trish Stratus. The blooper situation in question was that Linda and Trish were getting their revenge on Vince and Stephanie, and Linda's revenge, namely was getting to kick Vince in the groin. Problem was, Vince was "bracing" for it, standing with a trash can over his head, and Linda missed her cue. Vince then opened his stance further (hint! hint!), and Linda gave him a half-hearted kick. Oops.

Anakerie

Anakerie

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2008 @ 7:43 AM

One of my favs was a flubbed scene from "Santa Barbara" that they left in. Marcy Walker's "Eden" was at a party and someone asked if she was having a a good time. Marcy mixed up her words and announced that she was having a "wonderfun" time. Never missing a beat, she quickly adds "Wonderfun? Is that even a word? Yes, I am having a wonderfun time!" and the scene continues. Even though it was an accident, it just added (for the first time ever on that show!) a touch of reality.

Vitamin V

Vitamin V

Posted Jun 30, 2008 @ 7:57 AM

There was a great one from Passions. T.C. (Rodney van Johnson) is talking to Sam (James Hyde) about Chad. "Could Chad be Eve's mother?" he asks, in all seriousness. JH can barely get out, "I don't think so," before they both erupt in laughter. The line was supposed to be, "Could Eve be Chad's mother."

Bastet

Bastet

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2008 @ 10:08 PM

Soap opera goofs make you realize how good the actors really are (at remembering and delivering their lines, anyway); there just generally isn't time or money in that medium to stop and re-shoot for every little goof, so many flubs are left in. The fact that we don't see very many means that there aren't a whole lot being made, and that can't be said of many other productions.

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2008 @ 12:12 AM

One of my favorites from ER, back in the day.

At the end of Love's Labor Lost, as Mark tries to revive the dead patient, Carol can clearly be seen in the background taking off her protective glasses. But after the time of death is called and they show the individual reactions of everyone in the trauma room, Carol takes off the glasses again.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Jul 1, 2008 @ 6:08 AM

Soap opera goofs make you realize how good the actors really are (at remembering and delivering their lines, anyway); there just generally isn't time or money in that medium to stop and re-shoot for every little goof, so many flubs are left in. The fact that we don't see very many means that there aren't a whole lot being made, and that can't be said of many other productions.

Elizabeth Hubbard (Lucinda, from As The World Turns) can make those little flubs transfer into some of the most natural portrayals in the world. People misspeak or stutter all the time in real life, so seeing her just go for it on the show makes it more involving.

Benedictine

Benedictine

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 1, 2008 @ 8:35 AM

Star Trek the original series had more than a few goofs. One very noticeable one is a reaction shot of Kirk that was used in the Savage Curtain and The Way To Eden episodes that was in reverse, putting his shirt's insignia on the right side.

Ah, and just so no one says that the above example is a demonstration of third season sloppiness (which it actually is), the first season's The Enemy Within episode had Kirk beam up with a shirt on that had no insignia on the chest. But in a later shot, the insignia was back on the shirt! And in the second season's Mirror Mirror episode, Chekov is wearing a sash when Kirk enters the elevator, the sash disappears when Chekov and Kirk have a brief exchange in the elevator, and then the sash is back on Chekov when he exits the elevator!

Edited by Benedictine, Jul 1, 2008 @ 8:36 AM.

espie

espie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2008 @ 11:52 AM

My all-time soap favorite was Port Charles... two doctors, Eve and Chris, were working on a patient. Eve said the patient was experiencing "alternative states of consciousness". A couple minutes later, Chris relayed that information to a third party as "alternating olive [pause] states". He said it clear as a bell, then got a real "uh oh..." look on his face, but the rest of the actors carried on and managed to finish the scene.

ceindreadh

ceindreadh

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2008 @ 5:14 PM

Another Star Trek original series goof. I think it's the episode Charlie X. Kirk goes into the elevator wearing his green Captain shirt, but when he steps out onto the bridge, he's wearing the yellow one (or it's yellow first then green, it's been a while since I watched it)