S7: Omarosa Manigault

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3734 replies to this topic

allaboutjen

allaboutjen

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:55 PM

I say we call her The Hyphen. (Maybe it's just me, but I never met anyone hyphenated that wasn't also a bitch.)

[Thanks to clear for the new thread title!]

Edited by Jacob, Nov 14, 2005 @ 5:18 AM.

mimsy61

mimsy61

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 2:37 AM

Hiya, I'm Mimsy Mim-Sy. And I'm not a bitch, more of a beyotch.

I like Tokenisha for Omarosa but NBC and The Donald might just pull a fast one and she'll be like V on "Survivor". I want to see her put Vaseline on her teeth and spray adhesive on her butt so her underwear will stay in place.

Edited by mimsy61, Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:50 PM.

Kurtle

Kurtle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 10:58 PM

I loved Beauty Queen. And her clothes she wore to the penthouse were hot as hell. Those boots said "I will kick your ass and you will like it," and I think they made her look confident. Maybe not something she would wear to work, but I thought they were great for a social visit to the apartment.

Gloworm

Gloworm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:46 AM

Maybe she could just be a contestant instead of a token.

Edited to catch more flies with honey.

Edited by Gloworm, Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:52 AM.

bbf2

bbf2

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 1:11 AM

No way she wins. I don't care how talented she is, she'll lose because no one wants to have to write out the name "Omamaharosa Mammajamma-Staneforth" or whatever on a memo.

Marla Singer

Marla Singer

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 1:12 AM

She's a snake in the grass. She's my favorite.

zapmonkey

zapmonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 3:31 AM

Omar Kayam? Mullah Omar? When she said she worked for the president 4 years ago, I immediately visualized Bill on a rack in the Sit room, while thigh-high booted Misttress Omar punished him for doing Monica.

Jer2002

Jer2002

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 3:56 AM

For some reason I keep reading her name as Osama. Hee! I don't like her all that much so far. Donald's Darlings? Shut up!

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 8:12 AM

I sort of liked that she tried to help Tammy by giving her some friendly advice, but boy she'll turn on ya. Her clothes bugged me, though, so I'm putting her in the "hate" column.

ms_ladybug

ms_ladybug

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:07 AM

I thought her clothes for the business side of things (not the social suite visit) were a little inappropriate. It looks like she stole amanda woodward's (?) miniskirts from the days of D&D Advertising on Melrose.

Jank

Jank

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:24 AM

Her name reminds me of the Futurama planet Omicron Pursei 8.

It looks like she stole amanda woodward's (?) miniskirts from the days of D&D Advertising on Melrose.

Absolutely. She has great legs and all, but those skirts are way too short.

ashleyolsen

ashleyolsen

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:36 AM

Is this one the whore? She looks hot in those miniskirts, but I wouldn't wear them to the boardroom. Those half-shirts she's wearing around the apartment are pretty sweet. She's really working her tanky for us.

I think she'll stick around for a while, but I don't see her winning. I think the political background could hurt her in the long run- I don't really know why exactly, it's just a feeling I have.

Rabrab

Rabrab

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:42 AM

Something about her is nagging unpleasantly at the back of my brain--I think perhaps it's that she seems to be more fixed on who she's worked with than what she's actually done. Basking in reflected glory and all that. It just squicks me.

Imsuperorginal

Imsuperorginal

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:58 AM

I love her. She just seems to command respect. As she should because of how she worked her way out of the situation she was raised in to be something admirable. And I love that she wears short skirts. It's like she already knows guys are going to be staring at her (as they should, she has a rocking bod and she's quite pretty in my opinion) so it's like saying "You can look at me, but I will demand you to take me seriously." Plus unlike some women who wear short skirts in the business world she comes off classy.

Tokenisha

As a black professional woman I am deeply offended by this.

peteymicamaui

peteymicamaui

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 10:08 AM

Sorry, I've seen too many trannie hookers around the Meatpacking District with those same great legs in way too short skirts. My first thought was "She's a man, baby!"

And SUCH a Monday morning quarterback quick to find fault but not so much on spitting out great ideas.

JoBu

JoBu

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 10:18 AM

Plus unlike some women who wear short skirts in the business world she comes off classy.

If by "classy," you mean "for a hooker," or "as classy as Trump's apartment," I'm right with you. She dressed completely inappropriately for the situation, and came across as Omigosha Wannago Ballsurf.

I did like the fact that she tried to give Tammy some coaching. That took some real maturity and leadership. I also thought it was completely appropriate for her to confront Tammy about bringing the lunch-break debacle up with the group, and to turn on Tammy. This is, after all, a competitive show. Fool me once, shame on you....

SmrtAss

SmrtAss

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 10:49 AM

I think she's got great leadership potential and will be a very competitive player. I thought she looked great in her short skirt and boots. It didn't seem inappropriate for an after hours evening with the boss.

Who was the ijit who kept saying, "This is really rich!"

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

• Interests:The Braves, other sports, TV, nicknames, Mountain Dew, and puppies.

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 10:55 AM

Who was the ijit who kept saying, "This is really rich!"

That was Tammy. Has she NEVER seen a marble floor before? Sheesh.

Topic! I like Omarosa. Did anyone catch that she said she worked in the White House "four years ago"? That would be under Bill Clinton. (Hee. "Under Bill Clinton.")

WinkyDink

WinkyDink

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 10:55 AM

There's no denying her commanding presence. But I didn't see how she helped the team yet.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 10:57 AM

I like her so far, even though she seemed a little full of herself at first. She means business. And she'll turn on you in an instant.

turtle dove

turtle dove

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:00 AM

She seemed like a control freak to me.

Red Bubbles

Red Bubbles

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:16 AM

[Anne Robinson]And what, pray tell, was her area of expertise in the Clinton Administration?[/AR]

You know what? I like her. I thought I wasn't going to, but I did. She was working those miniskirts like nobody's business, but unlike some of those twits, at least she had the brains to go with the beauty. I even forgot about the whole beauty pageant training thing until she was talking with Tammy and said, "Okay, this is what my strategy for you is" or something like that. Hee! Of all the women it seems like only she and Jessie have their heads screwed on right.

manager

manager

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:32 AM

I liked her too. Definitely bitchy at times, but I found myself agreeing with everything she was saying in her confessionals. I can see how she would be a turnoff to some people, but I can see how she would be a good leader-type.

DeuxEx Gal

DeuxEx Gal

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:51 AM

My first thought was "She's a man, baby!"

OMG! Those were my exact words the second I saw her. She looks like a roughly made-up drag queen! Her diva-like attitude only adds fuel to the fire. Girl also needs a consultant to teach what is appropriate business wear. Baby Jesus weeps when she walks into a boardroom.

Mist

Mist

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:11 PM

I thought she was working the body (the short skirts, the half shirts at home in the suite) specifically to compensate for her face since (IMO) it looks, well, a little harsh. (And a lot older than 29 - I thought she was in her mid 30s.) Still, I can't help but kinda like her so far. And I hope she rips Ereka (whom I can't stand) up and spits her out into little tiny pieces next week.

Edited by Mist, Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:21 PM.

Diane Chambers

Diane Chambers

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:15 PM

Despite the horrendous fashion choices, she's definitely one of the women who's likely to last for awhile. She does seem to have more than half a brain and a lot of inner toughness to match.

jennifuh

jennifuh

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:25 PM

I agree, but she's also a bit too giggly for my taste. Like she was trying to act younger than her age.

fuzzykitten

fuzzykitten

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:33 PM

Early on my dislike list, miss Ohshit Iforgotta-Putmyskirtanna. Black bra... under a gold/beige lace see through shirt? In business?

Oookay, sure. And I'm sure you enjoyed working "under" slick Willie too.

I really can't take her seriously, with her unfortunate wardrobe choices. She may be smart, and very talented, but she's wrapped in a hooker package.

tarveel

tarveel

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:37 PM

I'm on the Omarosa train. She's sharp, smart, and savvy. I loved the comment about Amanda Woodward's waredrobe being raided, but the way she handled Tammy "Captain Clueless" Lee proved she could easily handle people. And the crack that she's the token... this isn't "The Bachelor". She has what it takes to be a great boss, and on the whole minority angle, how cool would it be for Trump's corporation to have a whipsmart African-American woman who has political connections? Omarosa, you go, girl!

Gloworm

Gloworm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 1:04 PM

The next person to lecture the rest of the crowd about the unacceptability of its reactions to a contestant will get booted, plain and simple. Knock it off.

Edited by Miss Alli, Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:41 PM.