WTF? Speculation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

411 replies to this topic

MaryWebGirl

MaryWebGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:54 PM

They could possibly also end up owing MTV money if they violate their contracts, which might be too much of a risk for these po' folks.

dmorris275

dmorris275

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:20 PM

Lantern, I hope you're wrong about their not having a reunion... I would really love to see some of these people have to face up to their lousy sportsmanship and behavior after seeing this show aired. Most of the RR team looked really really bad, and I'm not sure the RW team was much better.

A reunion might have had the potential of bringing out some of these conflicts (but then again, maybe that is what BMP/MTV might be worried about).

Bosco

Bosco

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:15 PM

REUNION!! YAY FOR CONFLICTS!!!

I'll bring the popcorn if you bring the soda/beer and pizza!!

Colobethers

Colobethers

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:28 PM

If you think about it, judging from the last reunion we got from MTV -- Real World Paris -- a Gauntlet reunion wouldn't be very interesting, anyway. Some random VJ named Doo Doo would ask penetrating questions like:

"Hey, that threesome -- what was that all about?" Lots of laughing would ensue and Abe would say something brilliant like, "I left a happy man," while Veronica and Rachel demurely blushed and denied everything.

Or, "Trishelle, you had a bad accident but you still found a boyfriend. What was that all about?"

You see where I'm going. How about some good questions that we want to know the answers to! Like:

"Rachel, when you were voted off the BOTS, you claimed it was "ugly" and unfair. How do you see what you did to Sarah as any different?"

"ADDam, most of the viewing public views you as an asshat, who needs a good ass-kicking. Over here, we've got a few people who have volunteered for the job. Before we beat the living crap out of you, any last words?"

I like to dream of really, really GOOD TV.

dmorris275

dmorris275

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:47 PM

Some random VJ named Doo Doo

I love that comment.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:23 AM

Okay...I'm going offline to marinate in the NOLAthon. Is there any chance I'll get a commercial for the penultimate episode? It seems to be all SD, all the time...if it ain't some old dude poking around with the cast members, it's La La straight pimping.

Also...any Inferno news? I mean, I don't want spoilers, but I'm curious as to the elimination format. For me, the Gauntlet is tops. Sarah wouldn't have lasted long in an Inner Circle.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 9:55 PM

Sorry to post twice, but I had to get your attention. MTV has a "what's coming soon" commercial, and "Inferno" is in there. All I remember is a chick in a chicken costume, and a fight...I think it's Julie and Coral. Just wanted to put you guys on Setzler Alert (that's when the news is really juicy!)

ETA: Just saw commercial for the next episode. Surprise, surprise, nothing new from the teaser. Veronica and Coral are in the crosshairs, but you don't see them actually go in the Gauntlet.

Edited by Lantern7, Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:03 AM.

dmorris275

dmorris275

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 10:07 AM

Whenever I see a setup like that I suspect the "focus" characters (in this case Veronica and Coral) will not be going to the gauntlet, and we'll see a matchup quite different from what the preview would lead you to believe.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 4:20 AM

Here's what I got from the 3-5 seconds of Infernal footage:

1. Girl on some sort of zipline, crying out while another pushes her. I think the first girl is Veronica.

2. Girl in chicken costume, either spitting something into bird's nest, or taking something orally. I'm guessing Christena.

3. Chick fight. I believe Trishelle is involved. It's stupid...I don't remember what Holly and Kendall look like.

Anybody else want to elaborate?

PikeyPower

PikeyPower

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 5:22 PM

Re: talk of a reunion...

Butterface's site says:

Well, im off to L.A. on thursday to film a wrap up for the Gauntlet (this should be interesting). So if you live out in L.A. look out for me cause I will be out :)

She also has difficulty spelling "technique," apparently thinking it the same spelling as a consumer electronics manufacturer, but that's another molehill.

Edited by PikeyPower, Jan 5, 2004 @ 5:26 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 6:41 PM

Sucks, doesn't it? Now all the East Coasters can't slap some of these fools. And I wanted Antoine to dance on Adam's fat head for a few hours.

Guess for "Inferno" opening credits: a thrash/techno cover to "Light My Fire," with the ladies wearing little clothing and the muscular fellas topless. Cause they're hot, you see. For disclosure, I did think that "Gauntlet" would be a hootenanny, with the ladies in hoop skirts.

ETA: I heard MTV didn't get a ticket to ship Sarah to L.A. Sucks, right?

Edited by Lantern7, Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:07 PM.

MaryWebGirl

MaryWebGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:03 PM

I pray Sarah's "no more challenges" vow applies to the reunion. I have a feeling the RRs would still gang up on her and tell her she deserved every one of those trips to the guantlet.

Bungalow Joy

Bungalow Joy

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:07 PM

Guess for "Inferno" opening credits: a thrash/techno cover to "Light My Fire," with the ladies wearing little clothing and the muscular fellas topless. Cause they're hot, you see.

Yeah. And they "rock".

This really makes me wanna see an Antarctic challenge. Makes me wonder who'd accept.

dmorris275

dmorris275

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:15 PM

If this reunion show is focused on the gauntlet, I don't see how they can leave Sarah out of it since she was the primary character arc of this show. Maybe they'll let her interview from New York if they don't want to spend the money to fly her out to LA. On the other hand they may just want to focus more on the Inferno.

Lyddie

Lyddie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:19 PM

Maybe they'll let her interview from New York if they don't want to spend the money to fly her out to LA.

I don't think a coach-class plane ticket is more expensive than a satellite feed. Regardless, if Sarah isn't there it's because she doesn't want to be there, not because of a problem with the production budget.

Bungalow Joy

Bungalow Joy

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:24 PM

You'd get paid for the appearance, though, right? Unless it's bundled in the whole season's contract? Maybe it wouldn't be much, but, well, any speculation on how much an appearance might pay?

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:27 PM

I think someone mentioned that on the last challenge they either made 3-4K for the few weeks they were there, I can't imagine that a one-shot special would appearance fee would be more than a couple of hundred dollars, a hotel and airfare.

Is MTV or MBP producing this special? MTV is notorious for being cheap bastards.

HiImOates

HiImOates

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 8:45 PM

I pray Sarah's "no more challenges" vow applies to the reunion. I have a feeling the RRs would still gang up on her and tell her she deserved every one of those trips to the guantlet.

If they do a reunion I'm sure it would be brought up, but I'm sure instead of ganging up on Sarah, they'd try to blame it on editing and never admit to having voted Sarah in that many times (even though numbers don't lie). It would be really funny if someone in production did a recap of Sarah's performances (a la dmorris) and matched them up with her Gauntlet trips, further pointing out the hypocrasy of the "performance-based" voting system.

StevenEastoria

StevenEastoria

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 4:46 PM

I remember my dumb speculation...but did anyone do hangman yet? Because I thought I saw Cara doing it. On one of those previews

Also the Coral-bite incedent must have happened on the last mission, running through the forest. My guess

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 4:50 PM

I used slo-mo in the teaser...I didn't see Coral, Theo or Cara in there. At all. Very nice. I did see digging, puzzle pieces, and (I think) Adam pulling Sarah by the back of her pants.

StevenEastoria

StevenEastoria

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:25 PM

If anyone can remember the preview right after (i think) Abe was eliminated, it showed a shot of Hangman. A girl with fluffy hair doing hangman....A girl on Road Rules with fluffy hair doing hangman....If i recalled that correctly.

If not, in advance... i guess I was wrong, and I'm sorry I wasted your time.

Oh and...I can't remember if any girl on RR did hangman... did Katie?

wwigbeee

wwigbeee

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:41 PM

I thought the slow mo teaser happened when Sarah beat Trishelle at the puzzle. I (I think I remmebr ADDam pulling at Sarah)

I think RR Tina did the deadman's drop when Coral beat her down with evil witch eyes.

They're probably using old footage to try to trick us real good! bitches!

dmorris275

dmorris275

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:52 PM

I believe hangman was the one where RW Rachel went up vs Katie. That was Katie's second and last time in the gauntlet (as she lost).

wwigbeee

wwigbeee

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:55 PM

i think I'm remembrring something else?? i'm thinking deadman's drop in the gauntlets. Coral vs Tina. I don't remember Hang man. Oh wait, yes i do, that's when they had to hang on with their hands...not dead man's drop. duh. I remember now because the freeze frame on RW rachel's face when she first gets suspended is really funny. Yeah she beat katie. Who beat Montana on the mechanical bull thingie?

Edited by wwigbeee, Jan 6, 2004 @ 6:00 PM.

HiImOates

HiImOates

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 6:03 PM

Who beat Montana on the mechanical bull thingie?

Katie, right before she went and ripped into all her teammates, who responded by sending her back the next week.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 9:54 PM

I looked on Yahoo's schedule to see if the review/preview show airs in two weeks. Turns out that ep 717 airs. That means the final mission will be a two-parter...we resolve the Cara/Coral/Theo situation this Monday, start up the final mission...and conlude it the next week, where RW wins, and elects to give Sarah their money. Just teasing...though that would be cool...like Coral kawhacking Mike in the back of the back with a steel chair.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 7:23 PM

Inferno site is up! Most hearty welcomes back to Shane, Timmy, David and Syrus. Oh, and I got a pair of brass knuckles with Melissa's lil logo on them, perfect for bashing Julie's face. Can't wait!

ETA: Reading show info, where "Inferno" differs from "Gauntlet"...yep, my brain's aching already.

Edited by Lantern7, Jan 12, 2004 @ 7:26 PM.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 7:44 PM

I see so enough drama wasn't created when the winner of The Gauntlet came back, so know they have to compete in a mission? Nice. Also, I still don't get how it all will work, I think I might need a flow chart.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 7:46 PM

I speculate that Julie sucks, she will always suck and I hope that she is the first person gone. I also believe that four people from Paris is about three too many. I wish that there could be a one member per season limit.

I haven't even gotten to RR yet.

I looked at RR, and I stand firm with the one member/season limit. And is that the Abe that was in The Gauntlet? Because that is a horrible picture of him.

Veronica Katie and Leah in the same place. I fear for my sanity.

Edited by bettymojo, Jan 12, 2004 @ 7:49 PM.

MaryWebGirl

MaryWebGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 8:52 PM

I don't think the rules could be any more complicated. I still don't understand the Gauntlet rules for God's sack!

We should have a pool on how long it will take Katie to get drunk and go off on Klep for kicking her off.

HollyNotWick is beginning to venture into the "get a life" category for me.