Blossom

• Please log in to reply

122 replies to this topic

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:41 PM

What was Anthony's wife's name? What was the story with that again? He went to Vegas one weekend, fell off the wagon, then woke up married?

Yeah, what's up with that. I just remember not watching it for awhile and then all of the sudden Tony's married. To a black woman. Then I started watching it again.

Sweetbabygirl

Sweetbabygirl

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 1:01 PM

I didn't watch it religiously, but her name was Shelley....I think they were going to divorce, but actually fell in love and decided to stay together. They had a son named (rolls eyes) Napoleon.

Am I the only one that found Mayim beautiful?

Mulva76

Mulva76

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 1:05 PM

I think Mayim is very pretty, too. I fell in love with her in Beaches and never fell out of love. :)

The E! THS was pretty good, I thought. Kind of interesting that a lot of people here are commenting about how it went downhill in the last couple seasons and in the THS, the show's creators said NBC basically neutered them and made them do more "family-friendly" fare.

Nflux Forever

Nflux Forever

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 1:38 PM

They had a son named (rolls eyes) Napoleon.

Actually I think I remember the kids name being Nash Metropolitan because that's where Shelley gave birth to him. Yes I am very serious.

Edited by Nflux Forever, Aug 23, 2005 @ 1:38 PM.

Sweetbabygirl

Sweetbabygirl

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 1:50 PM

Actually I think I remember the kids name being Nash Metropolitan because that's where Shelley gave birth to him. Yes I am very serious.

Oy, that's worse!

bodwod

bodwod

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 8:02 PM

I still quote this show daily. My husband even quotes it having now idea that's he's quoting Blossom (he'd died if he knew)! He has no idea why, when I ask him why we never talk anymore he answers with "he doesn't need pants, he has feathers".

Nick: You're a very special boy, Joey
Nick (wearing his "cacial nask"): It's nice, is it nint? Mmmm, nayde so.

So many more but those somehow always manage to find their way into my daily chatter.

Make It So

Make It So

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 12:45 PM

I remember this show. I actually kind of liked it. Jenna Von Oy (Six) amazes me. She's like 311 now and she's still playing high school and colleges students to this day.

Edited by Make It So, Aug 26, 2005 @ 12:45 PM.

sticks

sticks

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 1:47 PM

I had to add the most memorable line from this series for me. It was an episode where Joey and Dad are having the sex talk.

Joey - Dad, are you a virgin?
Dad - Joey, you're my son.
Joey - It's okay you can tell me anything.

knitting girl

knitting girl

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 3:46 PM

Also, Mayim Bialik with her choice of hot goyisch dates in high school? Please. I was a brainiac, hat-wearing Jewish girl, and Vinnies were NOT lining up to carry my books. I can suspend disbelief for the 90 minutes required for Baby to end up with Johnny Castle, but not for an entire sitcom season.

I'm still laughing about this.

MOT here, and I never got a Vinnie either, though I had a crush on one in college.

Hanna-Reetta

Hanna-Reetta

Fanatic

Posted Aug 27, 2005 @ 8:32 AM

Joey - Dad, are you a virgin?
Dad - Joey, you're my son.
Joey - It's okay you can tell me anything.

Hee! That totally cracked me up.

Becka

Becka

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2005 @ 9:36 PM

Well it actually took me a sec to get that joke...I'm still smarter than Joey though! YES!

bodwod

bodwod

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2005 @ 8:03 PM

The THS finally aired here in Australia last night. I was a bit bummed they didn't get any recent interviews with Ted Wass and was hoping for a bit of interaction between cast members now but I really enjoyed the memories. They sounded like a pretty tight group which really showed with the chemistry they shared on screen. DVD PLEASE!!!

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2005 @ 5:14 PM

Has Mayim had her baby yet?

According to the E!THS, she and her husband got together after he wore a t-shirt with something on (something that MB was into, like a band or something), anyone know what it was?

kfree9

kfree9

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2005 @ 6:09 PM

I believe it was Elvis Costello and she thought he looked like Elvis Costello too.

Rainmaker

Rainmaker

Posted Oct 14, 2005 @ 1:00 PM

It does appear that Mayim Bialik has had her baby. What I find funny is that they feel the need to issue a press release about it. Does anyone even remember this girl or even care what she is up to? I think it's sad that whereas most celebrities want to keep their private life private, that there are some washed-up tv child stars that are still trying to cling to the fame and recognition that they once had. I couldn't care less if Mayim Bialik has had a child. Who even knew she was married? And voiceover work on two things that I've never heard of? Not exactly a fledging career.

Bialik baby

SenatorTCJ

SenatorTCJ

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2005 @ 1:05 PM

And voiceover work on two things that I've never heard of? Not exactly a fledging career.

She was on Fat Actress and recently did a guest spot on Curb Your Enthusiasm, so she is working. I do agree with the larger point of the oddness of press releases on babies though.

SynSerenity

SynSerenity

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 14, 2005 @ 1:48 PM

Well, I'd rather hear about Mayim having a baby than Katie Holmes. That's just me, though.

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2005 @ 11:20 PM

I didn't even know she was married,let alone had a baby!

blackwing

blackwing

Stalker

Posted Oct 15, 2005 @ 7:15 PM

Whoa! I saw this thread bumped up and came in here to find out if there was any news.

Seriously, Mayim Blalik, you may have been popular once, but now you're a has-been. I agree with the sentiment that it's kind of pathetic that her manager released the news to the Associate Press. "Hey! Remember meeeeeee?????"

I'm betting that for the most part, the people that don't go "who?????" are thinking "who cares?".

bodwod

bodwod

Fanatic

Posted Oct 16, 2005 @ 7:51 AM

Oh I don't know, I'm kind of a fan of the "where are they now" updates. I'm always interested to see what the former child stars I grew up with are up to. Although I'm always oddly surprised to find them old enough to have kids - even though I'm the same age and I have gotten older I just never expect them to.

Rainmaker

Rainmaker

Posted Oct 16, 2005 @ 12:19 PM

I'd be ok with a "Where are they now?" VH1 episode where we find out what has become of Joey Lawrence, Kirk Cameron, and the like. But to issue an AP press release to announce to the world that you've had a baby? When before the press release 99.5% of America had forgotten completely about you or that you even used to be on a semi-hit tv show? When you haven't been mentioned in entertainment shows for the past almost ten years? That's being full of yourself and delusional to the point that you think you are more important than you really are.

I find it laughable that Mayim Bialik made this AP announcement. Talisa Soto and Benjamin Bratt just had a baby recently also. She is rungs above Mayim on the social ladder, if only because of who she is married to. But I don't recall any AP release about it - I had to read about it in Entertainment Weekly. Which is where I'm sure I'll be reading about Mayim again next week.

Freda

Freda

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2005 @ 2:17 PM

I'm from the UK - can anyone tell me, is 'Six' seriously a person's name?

Gawd I loved this show... and yeah, I had one of those stoopid floppy hats that Blossom wore.

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2005 @ 2:44 PM

Okay, I know I'm supposed to be polite and all but...damn, her looks sure didn't improve with age. At least when she was younger you could kind of cock your head to the side, squint, and find her passably attractive in the right lighting. I'm sorry, I just saw a recent picture and...yeesh.

LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi

Posted Oct 17, 2005 @ 6:52 PM

can anyone tell me, is 'Six' seriously a person's name?

No. It's not. In this country, or any other one.

nurse

nurse

Posted Oct 17, 2005 @ 7:16 PM

I'm going to agree with you, Rina99. Mayim is definitely not attractive physically. My mom used to see me watching this show and say that it was nice to see an ugly main character (yeah, my mom can be brutally blunt). But I liked the show as a teen. Mayim and the character just had something. She just seemed to be so pretty because her personality and general self was just so attractive.
She looked really happy on the E!THS and unlike lots of child stars, at least she went and got her Phd and didn't rob a bank or video store. She seems very very happy and settled.
But attractive physically? Not so much. And I'm very impolite.

NJMark

NJMark

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2005 @ 7:20 PM

I'm from the UK - can anyone tell me, is 'Six' seriously a person's name?

In the the original pilot (where Blossom's parents are played by Richard Masur and Barrie Youngfellow), Six explains the name comes from "that's how many beers my mother says it took." And no, it's not a name any real person would have. (I know, I say that now, but then we'll read that some celebrity has given her kid a name like that.)

mbridgii

mbridgii

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2005 @ 7:38 PM

I'm willing to bet that there is at least one kid, under the age of about 15, named "Six".

I won't lie - Mayim today is definitely the "good personality" type, but I thought she was kind of cute on the show. I mean, does everyone on TV have to be blonde and perky? The cool thing about this show is that Mayim Bialik came across as the smart and quirky girl who didn't have to run the punch table at the school dance - they didn't just take the standard hottie and put glasses and a ponytail on her (like Mandy Moore, in that one movie).

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2005 @ 9:28 PM

I thought she was reasonably attractive back then... {shrug}

cinaminsweet281

cinaminsweet281

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2005 @ 9:33 PM

I didn't think she was too ugly when she was on the show. She kinda looked like a poor man's Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner from Full House) which really isn't saying much, since, as Jodie got older, she got very strange looking.

But now, Mayim is...yeah, not very attractive at all.

And I used to think the oldest brother Tony was kinda cute. Now he looks really bad, too.

bodwod

bodwod

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2005 @ 7:06 AM

Six explains the name comes from "that's how many beers my mother says it took."

I have a vague memory of an episode where Six explained that she was the sixth child in the family and they ran out of names. I know she was later written as an only child but I'm sure that was a line in an early episode. Anyone else remember it?

My husband was watching the THS with me the other day and came out with "Six - hmmn, I don't mind that name" - Thank God we're sticking with cats because we'd have some seriously screwed up kids.