Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

• Please log in to reply

1594 replies to this topic

benthorot

benthorot

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 1, 2011 @ 10:56 AM

Good luck! Glad you were what they're looking for.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2011 @ 11:31 AM

Once you get there, you could describe the details as to what went on, too. Sometimes everything is edited for TV or such.

beaglelove

beaglelove

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 8:28 PM

Will definately have a report on how they film the show.

Dee Clutter

Dee Clutter

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

I think you walk away with nothing if you answer the question wrong ... If you decide to walk, you get half of what you've banked in the early rounds.

IIRC, a woman skipped two questions and asked the audience for the next ... then left with $12,500 (half of the $25,000 she had just won). Where else can you win money for NOT EVEN ANSWERING ONE QUESTION?

Beaglelove -- I was a contestant a few years back. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Also note: any expenses you incur coming to New York for the show are TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.

beaglelove

beaglelove

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2011 @ 7:01 PM

Thanks Dee. I didn't know expenses were deductible. I'll keep receipts. Rules are you get nothing if you answer wrong. So with careful planning of lifelines should be able to get a little something!

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2011 @ 11:18 PM

So when is the date for your taping...?

benthorot

benthorot

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 3:45 AM

This Noam character who was on today's show could not have annoyed me more.

New rule: Ph.D candidates from Philadelphia should not be allowed to wear cowboy hats on television.

His annoyingness (plus the girl before him who couldn't stop looking at something off to her left the entire time) made me second guess their casting even more.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 6:00 AM

He skipped and used all his lifelines on some of the easiest questions on the board...I remember the Noam saying before the game started that he was a teacher before he became a Ph.D himself and I laugh at some of these professors or teachers that skip some of the most obvious questions there. You wonder why the education system is bad and here is an example of incompetence by their part. Frankly, I think Millionaire should tone down these peoples' antics. Clapping up and down for joy is one thing, but running around like a maniac is quite another. I hate when some of these people hog for camera time. It gets annoying fast. I am not saying beaglelove would this on national TV, but please tone down your antics to a T for once. I am not saying it about you, beaglelove. I am just saying to the people that do some of these WTF moments on TV. Namely Noam.

Edited by RL1, Oct 5, 2011 @ 8:26 AM.

WAnglais1

WAnglais1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 9:04 AM

I had not watched the show in over a year...yeah, still bitter about taking the test multiple times and not getting on...and Bucky Goldstein (TM Steven Wright) bugged to no end. Running laps around the stage? Wearing an annoying hat? (Sorry, lucky hat!) Generally making an ass of yourself? Check, check, and check.

Damn, I guess we now know where all the old "Deal or No Deal" contestants are ending up.

Edited by WAnglais1, Oct 5, 2011 @ 9:05 AM.

benthorot

benthorot

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 11:19 AM

It's one thing to act like a jackass in an audition to try to stand out, but to do it when you're already the contestant I just don't understand...

contestant pool

contestant pool

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 2:42 PM

I'm going to NYC in a couple of weeks for a taping and audition. I went last year (specifically for this) and got there at the time the card said. They had already given out tickets. I was furious. How soon ahead of the time the card says should I get there?

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 7:53 AM

Begalelove, when is your taping date......we are still looking for you on the show and not to worry, you'll do fine. I know Meredith does love her tricks, but just take a couple of breathers and everything will be fine.

beaglelove

beaglelove

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2011 @ 9:47 PM

I taped the show today. It was so much fun!! Everyone in every area is so nice and supportive. The energy from the audience when you are playing is fun and friendly. Meredith Viera is very nice and just as kind and friendly as she seems on tv. She gives off a genuine warmth and caring about people. Until I see my show I can't say what is edited. It's pretty straight forward. The set is smaller then I thought. One of my favorite things was makeup. Don't use it in daily life so it was fun to see myself that way. As you can tell I find fun in just about anything. Even the two very interesting cab drivers I met.

We aren't allowed to talk about our show. I don't know if they have any cute trolls :) or dashing James Bond wannabes :) out there spying so I'll let you know when I get my air date then can answer questions.

It was well worth the time and a very positive experience glad I tried it. If you ever get the chance to be on the show do it. Life's highway has no speed limit. Roll down the window, turn up the music and floor it!! Rarely have I tapped the brakes and I always regret it when I do. So go for it!! The destination can never live up to the journey.

benthorot

benthorot

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2011 @ 9:40 AM

Awesome! Do you know your air date?

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2011 @ 11:59 AM

Are you the one from Las Vegas....because that person was close to Classic Millionaire..!

beaglelove

beaglelove

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2011 @ 12:04 PM

They call a couple of weeks before your show airs to let you know. I'll post when I have it.

It all goes by so fast that I'm anxious to see it myself. I can't even remember if I reacted, over reacted, jumped up and down or anything. I didn't wear a funny hat or run around I know that. I know it was hard to think of where to focus. You have to look at the board but didn't want to be too lasered in on it.

Oh and when I posted they may have cute trolls spying on bulletin boards, I mean troll as in trolling the internet. No one on the staff looks like a troll!

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2011 @ 11:57 AM

All I have to say is that Millionaire has a bad time slot........12:30 P.M(Eastern Time) and there is usually a breaking news special report...I noticed that for years and it kind of irritates me, but what can I do?

Edited by RL1, Oct 21, 2011 @ 11:57 AM.

HowFree

HowFree

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 4:42 PM

Finally got THE CALL! After almost 2 full seasons of wondering if they lost my paperwork. Just under the wire for a Nov 7, 8 taping.
I'm very psyched! That's under 2 weeks! Better get to cramming!

The Baroness

The Baroness

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 4, 2011 @ 4:42 PM

Congrats!!

I'm supposed to be going for a taping on the 10th. However, I'm working in the city this weekend, so I might just give up the idea of sitting through 3 shows.

RobertFulton

RobertFulton

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 5, 2011 @ 7:01 AM

Congrats HowFree! Let us know when the show you're taping will air :) Good luck!

Edited by RobertFulton, Nov 5, 2011 @ 7:01 AM.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 8:28 PM

Congrats Howfree! Good luck!

BTW, Meredith needs to stop encouraging contestants with these cheesy theatrics.....saved that when they won the big one($1 million), but whatever....it is frankly very embarrassing for both the audience and the contestants to endure such torture. It also a time waster. No offense, I mean.

Edited by RL1, Nov 12, 2011 @ 8:31 PM.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2011 @ 4:00 PM

Also, is it just me or do the celebrity contestants get some of the easiest questions out there? I swear, I laugh when they don't know the answers when it is really a freakin' easy question to begin with. The same easy method could apply to us as well. Just saying...

Edited by RL1, Nov 17, 2011 @ 4:01 PM.

Fatkat

Fatkat

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2011 @ 6:40 PM

Did anyone beside me see the obnoxious Texas sport's anchor on the show today? What a fucking asshole! He was this cocky idiot who unfortunately had the final word over his partner, the female morning meteorologist. He was a piece of work.

pandora spock

pandora spock

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 29, 2011 @ 8:09 PM

I agree. If I lived in his viewing area, that would be one channel I would avoid!

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 1:10 PM

Most of the time, my gut instinct tells me not to trust the audience because they could leave you broke in an instant. Just like that woman today who put her trust in the audience. I guess right away it was Mariah Carey because she is the only one who seems of mixed race, even though that was a piss poor guess and took all my instincts with me on that answer.

andyllina

andyllina

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 4:14 PM

Also, is it just me or do the celebrity contestants get some of the easiest questions out there?

Yes, I noticed that as well. I'm thinking it's because the money goes to charity.

WAnglais1

WAnglais1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 4:50 PM

Yes, I noticed that as well. I'm thinking it's because the money goes to charity.

Back in the day, celebrities were guaranteed $32,000 for their charity, no matter if they washed out before $1,000 or between $1,000 and $32,000.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2011 @ 11:08 AM

I guess you have a point about that.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2011 @ 1:00 PM

Oh, my God! I thought of Tree Frog, too. What was I thinking? I thought the clue ornamental meant tree frog, but not tarantula...I thought they were fuzzy. Guess I was wrong. Felt sorry for that woman that lost her bank.

beaglelove

beaglelove

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 9:55 AM

Congratulations to those who have made the show!!!! I hope you had/have as much fun as I did.

My episode airs Thurs 12/15. I'm the horseback riding instructor in the pink sweater. I'll be happy to answer any questions about the show after it airs.

All I ask is that you be gentle in your comments and criticisms!