What Not to Wear (Australia)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3 replies to this topic

Cheese Pleese

Cheese Pleese

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2004 @ 8:20 AM

The show starts February 15th at 8:15pm. Apparently, the first victim is somewhat of a 'country bumpkin'. I will be interested to see what they do.

Cheese Pleese

Cheese Pleese

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2004 @ 8:26 AM

Well, I am the only one who watched this? :)

It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I still prefer T&S. But those two weren't too bad. I hated the Sunsilk product placement. I guess I'll just have to put up with it.

I'm glad they brought up the issue of her saggy uniboob. I notice that Triumph is a sponsor as well. But thankfully no mention of her purchases being Triumph bras.

Anyway, the format is very much like WNTW: UK except for the Sunsilk advertising... Also, thankfully, there were no hidden camera shots of her in her underwear. However, I do miss T&S' compliments about victims/MOs having nice arses or what not.

Edited by Cheese Pleese, Feb 14, 2004 @ 8:32 AM.

Nikkei

Nikkei

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 19, 2004 @ 1:14 AM

I think I'll watch this week - I haven't before because I don't think anyone could be as good as Trinny and Susannah. Same reason why I won't be watching Australian Queer Eye.

elle75au

elle75au

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 19, 2004 @ 4:36 AM

I think its ok....not a patch on Trinny & Susannah though. Wayne is far better than Anthea (?) who's apparently some Vogue Editor, but she sure is a crappy television presenter. She never has any opinion's of her own, just says "Yeah" to whatever Wayne says.

At least he's honest too - she agrees with him when they watch the secret vids of the 'victims' but then when he makes the same comment to their face, Anthea acts all innocent like she's never heard him say it before.

Having said all this, I'm still watching it as they tell you where you can get the clothes, so if you see anything nice you can actually buy it, as opposed to the UK show. (Also, I'm a sucker for makeovers).