Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

502 replies to this topic

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 14, 2004 @ 11:13 PM

You didn't miss much. Just a lot about effiency, Phil putting the screws to Harvey, and a cartoon duck (Yukky?) seeking to get his name changed. Really, it's subpar compared to other episodes...aside from the sadistic effiency manager, and the duck getting his name changed to "Chemical Castration," I can't remember anything funny. Ha Ha! Mediocrity!

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2004 @ 8:50 AM

You know what I totally have stuck in my head right now? The song that plays over the credits for HB...something like a whole bunch of "hidy ho's!" over and over, lol.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jun 15, 2004 @ 10:36 AM

Was that a naked Inch High Private Eye on Phil's shishkabob?

wdejesus79

wdejesus79

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2004 @ 1:33 PM

ChinkyGirl, the best part of the theme song is when the singer interjects "Habeas corpus" into the song. It makes no sense there, but it's awesome.

tothemax, yeah. I like that, too. Hee.

Edited by wdejesus79, Jun 15, 2004 @ 1:50 PM.

tothemax

tothemax

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2004 @ 1:37 PM

I like the visual of Harvey holding his face after some random woman slaps him. His expression is, "Oh, baby, I like it rough."

Edited by tothemax, Jun 15, 2004 @ 1:38 PM.

The Pez

The Pez

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2004 @ 10:06 PM

I agree that they just put random shit together, because it was hard to remember what the hell was going on. First there was no wall, then there were angry greeks, now he is a waiter, and anything else...it was just all so confusing.

I think Harvey looses its touch when they barely pay attention to the case, or the case is just a side note, like last night.

ETA: Hope you fans know that Harvey is coming out on DVD next spring, I can't wait for the Harvey Goodness

Edited by The Pez, Jun 15, 2004 @ 10:06 PM.

wdejesus79

wdejesus79

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2004 @ 11:08 PM

Awesome news, The Pez. Just Season 1?

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2004 @ 11:01 AM

They actually say "Volume 1", which could mean practically anything. When Aqua Teen came out, vol. 1 consisted of 16 eps, so I'm not sure how much of HB we're bound to get.

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Jun 16, 2004 @ 11:26 AM

When Aqua Teen came out, vol. 1 consisted of 16 eps, so I'm not sure how much of HB we're bound to get.

I love HB so much that I'm just happy the eps are being released.

the best part of the theme song is when the singer interjects "Habeas corpus" into the song.

Harvey's theme song is one of the best. Ever. Does anyone else sing along, or just me? ;-)

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2004 @ 12:57 PM

I wish I could sing along to the end credit theme, but it's so indecipherable :(

wdejesus79

wdejesus79

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2004 @ 2:49 PM

Does anyone know the words to the theme song? I just know the first few words:

Who's the man in the ...

That's all I know.

Smeg

Smeg

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 17, 2004 @ 2:22 AM

Who is the man in the suit?
Who is the cat with the beak?
Do you really want to feel him?

Power of attorney
Habeus corpus
Marvey attorney (this is what is sounds like to me, although it doesn't make any sense)

Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law

The middle three lines are probably wrong. I just can't decipher them. Also, all I think I know about the ending theme is that at the end, they sing, "Harvey Birdman's... over...." At least that's what I sing along with them.

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Jun 17, 2004 @ 6:29 AM

Marvey attorney (this is what is sounds like to me, although it doesn't make any sense)

I just say Harvey attorney for this line when I sing along. You rock, Smeg! :-)

Dei

Dei

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 17, 2004 @ 1:34 PM

I always heard it as "Call the attorney." Of course, now that I've said that I'm sure that the next time I see the show I'm going to listen and be sure it says Marvey or Harvey.

Smeg

Smeg

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 17, 2004 @ 3:12 PM

Sometimes "Marvey" flashes up on the closed-captioning, although a good deal of the time they also have no idea what's being sung. "Call the attorney" makes sense. Could also be "Harv, the attorney!" Hm.

wdejesus79

wdejesus79

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2004 @ 4:06 PM

Smeg, you are awesome.

bmills

bmills

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2004 @ 3:22 PM

I thought it said, "Do you really want to feel the power of attorney?"

Smeg

Smeg

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 18, 2004 @ 5:16 PM

bmills, you kick ass. That makes so much more sense. The CCs do say "Do you really want to feel him?" but that last word is not terribly well-enunciated. Putting "the" in there works better for the next three phrases.

wdejesus79

wdejesus79

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2004 @ 12:44 AM

I went to see "Stepford Wives" today, and guess what was playing in the background when Nicole Kidman's character went to Bette Midler's character's house?

Harvey Birdman, baby. So sweet.

ETA: Stupid rerun. But it's still better than anything on tv at that time.

Next week's episode is also a rerun: "The Devlin Made Me Do It." Ernie Devlin is sued when a child is hurt duplicating his stunts.

And now tvtome.com is listing as the last two new episodes as airing on Aug. 31. (WHAT??)

Was that a naked Inch High Private Eye on Phil's shishkabob?

VermiciousKnid, yes that was Inch High Private Eye. tvtome.com has it listed as a "Look Here".

Edited by wdejesus79, Jun 21, 2004 @ 1:06 AM.

bigbobbarker

bigbobbarker

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 10, 2004 @ 1:39 AM

I am looking for a burger king commercial w/ phil ken sebben where he talks about the burger, then at the very end phil says "ha ha Pickles" if anybody knows where i can find this commercial i would really appreciate if you could tell me

the fresh maker

the fresh maker

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2004 @ 1:12 AM

Was that bumper about Harvey being cancelled a joke? Otherwise, those republipunkassbitches will have to pay!

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Jul 13, 2004 @ 11:49 AM

I am looking for a burger king commercial w/ phil ken sebben where he talks about the burger, then at the very end phil says "ha ha Pickles"

I've only seen this ad on Adult Swim, but it is hilarious!

Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2004 @ 3:53 PM

Was that bumper about Harvey being cancelled a joke?

Apparently not. I just took a peek at the Tv Tome site devoted to Harvey Birdman (the most info-packed HB:AAL website on the intenet), and they have some shocking news: Tomorrow night's episode (which is titled "Droopy Botox"), is not only the last new ep of the season, it's the final episode of HB ever! They claim it's being canned because it's the lowest rated of all the Adult Swim shows!

How can this be? Harvey's the funniest of all the AS programs, so I naively assumed it was getting decent ratings.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2004 @ 9:40 AM

I still refuse to believe it! I remember seeing a bumper about Aqua Teen being cancelled, but then that was later revealed weeks later to be a joke! The hell...?!

the fresh maker

the fresh maker

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2004 @ 10:34 PM

The bumper tonight just announced 13 more! Woo!

Great "Look Heres" tonight:

*Jane Jetson joining the angry mob
*X the Interior Director accidentally receives the mail of "Y the Coordinator"
*the Cosmetic Surgeons book of patients including Huckleberry Hound and Oive Oyl with breast implants
*the bear has plastic surgery and turns into a lumberjack
*was that Mentok as the duck?
*Yogi Bear's girlfriend gets in line for a free coupon

Other Stuff:
*Phil invites Harvey to the "pissoir"
*Falcone speaks Spatalian: "Sig-nor"; "jefe"; "como se dee-che"
*Droopy's "Boo hoo, boo hoo hoo" may have been more disturbing than Six Feet Under tonight
*Phil, oddly enough, makes a very attractive woman

Edited by the fresh maker, Jul 19, 2004 @ 1:58 AM.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2004 @ 7:09 AM

*was that Mentok as the duck?

I believe it was Avenger who turned into the duck, but I could be wrong. Thanks for letting me know who the lumberjack was...it was bugging me! I love how the nun had breast implants!

Another blink and you'll miss it moment: the urinal cake in the fancy bathroom said "AOL" on it...hee!

wdejesus79

wdejesus79

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2004 @ 7:14 AM

I missed an episode?!

When do these run again? I need to see it.

Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2004 @ 12:05 PM

So Harvey's imminent cancellation was a joke after all? Phew! That's a relief. The Tv Tome guys must have panicked. Though where'd they get that information about HB getting the chop due to being the "lowest rated" of all the Adult Swim shows? Did they contact someone at Cartoon Network & get strung along as a gag? Tee hee!

The inclusion of Droopy and Olive Oyl in last night's episode is the first time we've seen characters appear in thie show who were not originally part of the Hanna Barbera menagerie. Yikes!

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2004 @ 5:54 PM

wdejesus79: It was on yesterday (Sun.) at 11:30pm! But it's due to rerun in a few weeks, same time slot :)

I was starting to suspect something the minute I went over the Adult Swim forums (complete crap, btw...everyone asks the same question a million times) and didn't see any panicky posts! I guess the AS fans know better than that by now ;)

Sleestak Hunter

Sleestak Hunter

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2004 @ 6:10 PM

The inclusion of Droopy and Olive Oyl in last night's episode is the first time we've seen characters appear in thie show who were not originally part of the Hanna Barbera menagerie. Yikes! Junkyard Dog

Droopy originally starred in cinema shorts for MGM and then joined the Hannah-Barbera family in 1993!

Olive Oyl joined the H-B family in 1980.

The Big Cartoon Database rather rules.

Edited by Sleestak Hunter, Jul 19, 2004 @ 6:22 PM.