Toronto

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

235 replies to this topic

caper24

caper24

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2006 @ 12:46 PM

Fridays are no good for me, but I'm in TO roughly every second weekend. Due to some scheduling stuff I won't be back until May 26th. Perhaps the 27th?

(Fridays are bad because I work until 6 and then drive to TO from Ottawa.)

Faran

Faran

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2006 @ 1:54 PM

Yeah, the 27th would be perfect.

marina to

marina to

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 7:45 PM

Would depend on what time on the 27th. It's Doors Open and Tarragon Spring Arts Fair weekend. I won't be free until after 6pm.

Faran

Faran

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2006 @ 2:31 PM

Seeing as TBTP of TwoP also live in Toronto, does anyone know if they ever come out to one of these things? Cause that'd be Sofa King cool.

We should pick a location that's convenient for every one. I'm going to suggest 401/400, but I'm up for anything though.

Canadian Tyler

Canadian Tyler

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2006 @ 12:13 PM

27th sounds good to me. I'm in Hamilton area, and commute in everyday, so not a problem.

marina to

marina to

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2006 @ 9:02 PM

Seeing as TBTP of TwoP also live in Toronto, does anyone know if they ever come out to one of these things? Cause that'd be Sofa King cool.

Any chance of inviting them? Does anyone want to take that project on?

I'm going to suggest 401/400

It'll need to be near transit (I don't drive) and if it's that far north, I won't be able to make it before 7pm. Just to let you all know.

Faran

Faran

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 6:20 AM

Sorry marina to being a driver I forget that alot of people don't. We can certainly make the locale more transit friendly. Any suggestions?

Canadian Tyler

Canadian Tyler

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2006 @ 8:37 PM

I guess the most central location for us commuters would be around Union Station, Front Street area. Just a suggestion.

Kaboo

Kaboo

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2006 @ 4:04 PM

How are these plans doing? Still alive? Where and when?

Faran

Faran

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2006 @ 6:36 AM

Canadian Tyler:

I guess the most central location for us commuters would be around Union Station, Front Street area. Just a suggestion.

Sounds good to me, I can park at Wilson Heights and catch the subway. Just say where and when. Years ago I lived right downtown, I now live just south of Barrie, and work in Concord, so I don't know that area at all anymore.

Kaboo

Kaboo

Channel Surfer

Posted May 24, 2006 @ 1:20 PM

I know I said this last year but: The Armadillo's near Union station has kick ass margaritas!

Faran

Faran

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2006 @ 2:22 PM

Armadillo Texas Grill
416-977-8840
146 Front Street West,
Toronto, ON M5J 1G2

Is this the place?

ankurm

ankurm

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 7, 2006 @ 12:06 PM

Did this ever happen?

Puck

Puck

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 9, 2006 @ 1:33 PM

I don't know, but I would be happy to be part of a TARCON for Dec.10 in Toronto if enough people are interested. I'm from out of town, but Toronto is easy to get to if you live in Southern Ontario.

I would also be happy to second the choice of Armadillo Texas Grill Cafe. The food is great and so are the drinks. It is SUPER easy to get to if you are using Union Station for either subway or train.

I'll peek back here once a week to see if anyone else from Toronto area is paying attention!

k8supergrover

k8supergrover

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 11, 2006 @ 3:24 PM

If something was going on, I'd be interested in going :) oh, I'm in toronto, so somewhere near union or a subway is good for me :)

Edited by k8supergrover, Nov 11, 2006 @ 3:25 PM.

Puck

Puck

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 16, 2006 @ 11:10 AM

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

It looks like it just might be you and me k8sugergrover.

I'll just keep checking back. Considering December is office party time I'm wondering if we'll have problems getting a reservations - still a Sunday shouldn't be TOO bad.

I can't believe everyone from Toronto/Southern Ontario is going to the real TARcon in New York.

Edited Nov.22 - It looks like there isn't much interest in a Toronto party. Sorry to bail on your k8supergrover but I dont' think I'll make the trip to Toronto given the circumstances.

Go Aitu!

Edited by Puck, Nov 22, 2006 @ 9:40 AM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Aug 9, 2007 @ 1:27 AM

Is anybody headed for the Canadian Fan Expo in two weeks? I'm getting set to come to Toronto for three nights, and I was hoping I could meet up with some of my fellow posters, and see how you guys snark north of the border.

Also...in case I don't get to see you guys, what tourist sites could you recommend to me? I've been to the CN Tower, Exhibition Place, the Hockey Hall of Fame...and that's all I can remember from two years ago. From The Amazing Race, I know there's a shoe museum, but I don't think that's for me.

Edited by Lantern7, Aug 9, 2007 @ 1:36 AM.

ElectricMonk

ElectricMonk

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 14, 2007 @ 1:09 AM

Laneway Tours

Murmur Toronto

Tree Tours

City Surf

In addition Kensington Market is excellent (if you like coffee check out I Deal Coffee), the Toronto Islands are nice to walk around on, Rocky Horror is always fun, cruising on streetcars is interesting if you like checking out a lot of buildings[1], despite your dismissal :) the Bata Shoe Museum is surprisingly fun, the ROM is still under renovation but it's worth checking out, and so is the AGO if you like art.

Hmm. As much as I prefer EYE over NOW (although they're both so left-wing, they believe in evil conspiracies :), NOW does have the better daily event listings.

I don't know if you're looking for food/bar/etc… suggestions but I recently wrote out a list for a friend visiting the city, so I can copy/paste that in if you want.

[1] The Queen streetcar goes from the Beaches (or, The Beach, as it's now known) to the suburbs of Etobicoke through the middle of downtown. The best part is when the driver takes it up to 40 or 50 kph on the right-of-way in the portlands.

ETA: Cleaning up.

Edited by ElectricMonk, Aug 14, 2007 @ 1:13 AM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Aug 16, 2007 @ 12:10 PM

Thanks, ElectricMonk. Truth be told, I don't know how much sightseeing I'll be able to do. I'm coming in late Thursday afternoon next week, so the best times for the tourist bit for me are Friday morning (before the Expo opens for three-day passholders like myself at 2) and Monday before I leave around 5 pm. I just didn't want to go up the CN Tower again...unless I wanted to reenact the finale episode of The Amazing Race 8. By the way, wouldn't the Linzes be the type to stand on the clear floor portions and freak themselves out?

I'm still looking for people to meet up with at the Expo. So far, I've found two at the Heroes Meet Market. By the way, for any comic fans in the area who don't like the big cons, there's the Toronto Comic Arts Festival this Saturday and Sunday. Admission is free, and there are some stellar artists there, like Stuart Immonen, Evan Dorkin & Sarah Dyer (from my home borough), Cameron Stewart and Darywn Cooke, just to name a few.

Edited by Lantern7, Aug 16, 2007 @ 12:10 PM.

Shark Sandwich

Shark Sandwich

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 30, 2007 @ 8:43 PM

Hey everybody, I just moved here about two months ago for grad school and wanted to see if anyone would like meet up. I spend all day working with musicians and would love to find a group to talk tv with (no offense to said musicians, but it isn't popular to admit you have time to watch tv). I've been going to TWoP since top model recaps went up, but I've never really posted for fear of getting addicted. I spend too much time reading the boards as is. My favorite show is America's Next Top Model, but I also watch Gossip Girl, Pushing Daisies, and Project Runway when it's on. I'm trying to catch up on Heroes, and am a former Lost addict. I weaned myself off the show after season 2 because I never got over the death of Ana Lucia (I'm the only one I'm sure). I'm in the Annex, so anywhere in the downtown area is easy for me to get to.

Edited by Shark Sandwich, Oct 30, 2007 @ 8:50 PM.

random

random

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2007 @ 1:11 PM

Hey SharkSandwich, I would be up to some kind of gathering.

Edited by random, Nov 11, 2007 @ 1:11 PM.

No Sleep

No Sleep

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2008 @ 12:16 PM

Any interest in a Toronto TWoPcon in the near future?

Faran

Faran

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 4, 2008 @ 7:04 AM

Sure, any time. It'd be cool to meet some of my fellow posters.

autobot

autobot

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 26, 2008 @ 4:12 PM

I'm moving to Toronto in late July and would love to have a get-together. Anyone else? Maybe the weekend of 8/2?

Unusual Suspect

Unusual Suspect

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2008 @ 4:13 PM

Just wondering if any Twoper made it to Polaris last weekend. It was a blast.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jul 5, 2011 @ 1:37 AM

I know that the TWoPCon forum is a desolate place, but I feel like I should drop by. I'm working on coming to Toronto in late August for FanExpo Canada. The last time I was there, I wound up losing my camcorder and my sketchbook . . . . so I'm hoping to have a better end this time around. I figure that I could catch the Blue Jays, and maybe try to track down places seen in the Scott Pilgrim books. Any other tourist tidbits would be cool, and I'd like to see anybody out there who's in the neighborhood.

PS: I did get the sketchbook back. The camcorder, I could take or leave, as it turned out.