Toronto

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

235 replies to this topic

Loraxe

Loraxe

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2004 @ 9:14 AM

Although I cannot discuss this Bachelor show of which you speak, I will go if Sea or anyone wants to discuss the Angel Final Finale

MissSmartypants

MissSmartypants

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2004 @ 9:39 AM

Hey snarkella, Bachelor poster here, and I'm in for June 2nd or likely any alternate day that is picked. Would the Docks be a good place? I've never been there but I know it's patio-esque.

Are you guys telling me that Glark lives in TO? I feel like I'd be meeting a celebrity.

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2004 @ 4:42 PM

Loraxe I'm sure we'll be able to find you an Angel playmate....

MSP - glad you're in. I had a feeling I could count on you! Now we need to herd up the other TO posters like oakgal, ABJ, et al and see if they are up for it.

I'm off to book a babysitter for the evening of the 2nd....

edited 'cause bolding people's names is a nice thing to do.

Edited by snarkella, Apr 28, 2004 @ 5:57 PM.

MissSmartypants

MissSmartypants

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2004 @ 6:23 PM

snarkella I tried emailing you today but yahoo hates me. It was just to say I had seen your posts and was in, so it was just me being redundant again ;)

I am pretty sure some of the Toronto-area Bachelor people from the MM will be in for this ... wholia, LRocksCanada, and possibly sidekickgirl & funmeggie. But they can speak for themselves so I will shut it now.

funmeggie

funmeggie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2004 @ 1:09 AM

Oooh, I would be in, were it not for this work thing I have to do on Wednesdays, until the ridiculous hour of 10PM. Boo.

LRocksCan

LRocksCan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2004 @ 8:26 AM

I'd love to join you but it's a week night and I have to work the next day. If you held a con on the weekend I'd be in completely.

Rachel RSL

Rachel RSL

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2004 @ 11:38 AM

If you build it, I will come.

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2004 @ 1:47 PM

LRocksCan I was kinda thinking about an after work style event. Drinks from 6 to 8 or so...does that make a difference for you?

MissSmartypants

MissSmartypants

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2004 @ 8:46 PM

Alrightly, I'll just stop answering for people and thus making myself look like an ass. Pre-emptive apologies to wholia & sidekickgirl and retroactive apologies to funmeggie & LRocksCan, who apparently can speak for themselves. And/or are not throw-caution-to-the-wind type rebels like myself, whose motto is "worknight, schmirknight"! (Okay, not really, I am usually super-boring and this is probably the only work night I will go out for the next three months. But for real, I'm in.)

PButtercup

PButtercup

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2004 @ 8:49 PM

Count me in!

Sea

Sea

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2004 @ 12:22 PM

If we're talking early June, I might be able to come. The actual date doesn't really matter but I'm having hip surgery next week so it will depend on how well I've recovered by then. Put me down for maybe.

Loraxe, we can definately talk about the Angel finale and the new season of TAR.

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2004 @ 2:21 PM

Great! It sounds like we have enough people to make a go of this idea. Now, waht area of the city do you guys prefer? I'd like to do something uptown but if you are all better with downtown (like the Docks), I can venture forth.

Loraxe

Loraxe

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2004 @ 9:32 AM

Oh good luck with your surgery Sea! I wish you good tv while you are recovering.

On the subway is best for most people, I am sure.

C.

C.

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2004 @ 6:44 PM

I'm in for early June. I'd prefer someplace on a subway line, as I'm coming in from Etobicoke.

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2004 @ 8:57 AM

What about Jump at Wellington and Yonge? They have a beautiful patio and the bar is fun after work. Anyone care to suggest another venue along the subway line?

MissSmartypants

MissSmartypants

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2004 @ 4:29 PM

Jump looks good to me.

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2004 @ 8:12 PM

Excellent! Perhaps we'll need to have a secret code word so that we can decipher the TWoPer's from the stock brokers...oh right, I forgot. We're snarky and they're smarmy! Nevermind.

Rachel RSL

Rachel RSL

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2004 @ 9:24 AM

This highly amused me:

Jump is the place to be on Thursday nights in the summer - if you are looking to meet a broker on the prowl.....

So, basically, if you're a gold-digger, this is the place for you! I wonder if I can borrow Trish's gold-digger/hooker shirt.

Perhaps we'll need to have a secret code word so that we can decipher the TWoPer's from the stock brokers

Oooh, can the secret word be "penis"? Imagine how much fun it'll be to go up to complete strangers and say: "Uh...penis?"

Edited by Rachel RSL, May 10, 2004 @ 9:25 AM.

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2004 @ 8:22 PM

Somehow I see that particular code word creating more opportunities to meet those stock brokers than just standing around looking lost....but then again, what the hey!

Probably what we should do is get a sense of how many people want to come and then I'll make us a reservation for some dedicated TWoP space. That means any and all lurkers should state their intentions of coming out that night either here or by dropping me an email.

Edited by snarkella, May 10, 2004 @ 8:23 PM.

cynichic

cynichic

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 12, 2004 @ 1:16 PM

Delurking - would love to come. Do we have a time?

99 busy beavers

99 busy beavers

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2004 @ 2:23 PM

De-lurking to be counted in. I've been wondering when it would be a good time to wear my "This Is How We Do It On TWoP, Bitch" t-shirt festooned with mini-Tubey buttons.

Scratch that outfit, I might be mistaken for a male version of Debbie from QaF.

Sea

Sea

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2004 @ 8:08 PM

I'd like to come. I had my hip surgery last week and I'm healing well, so hopefully I'll be up to it. I can't confirm until closer to the actual date though.

fitzwits

fitzwits

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2004 @ 5:26 PM

You can count me in for this foray into madness.

Mrs. Fitzwits watches both The Apprentice & The Bachelor, so I should be able to add some sort of dialogue. I actually went to CBS dot com, and, voted for Rupert.

Hopefully, there will be some The West Wing people there, and, another person that shares my filthy habit.

Spy Chadwick

Spy Chadwick

Posted May 16, 2004 @ 6:25 PM

Oh, what the hell. Even though I don't know a local TWoP soul, count this born and bred Torontonian in. If not Jump, then how about Ted's Collision - only one of the coolest bars in the city?

Loraxe

Loraxe

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2004 @ 7:48 AM

There are people that were born and raised in Toronto?

I am intrigued by the name of the bar alone.

angelnurse

angelnurse

Just Tuned In

Posted May 17, 2004 @ 8:03 AM

"There are people that were born and raised in Toronto?"

Well, if we count in Scarborough, here is another who was born and bred there! Though I'm not there now.

I think I may have to try to come out of hiding to attend! *g*

Glark

Glark

Posted May 18, 2004 @ 7:18 AM

Only people in Scarborough count Scarborough as part of Toronto. :)

secretagentman

secretagentman

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2004 @ 8:55 AM

Hee Glark!. Spy Chadwick, Teds is a great idea, but some nights the noise level is at *11. Andy Poolhall is pretty decent, has the space and not snooty, dressy or pricey. Email me if you'd like, fellow spy.

MissSmartypants

MissSmartypants

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2004 @ 10:55 AM

snarkella you know I'm in, and you have my email, so just email me or post here when you make any kind of a reservation.

The only TWoP flair I have is my "Nana?" button.

spazmo

spazmo

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2004 @ 8:34 PM

I'd like to come, though I'm now a Kitchener boy. I could crash at my half-brother's place.