Toronto

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

235 replies to this topic

Adieu

Adieu

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 11:37 AM

The 24th is looking good... (if it's any consolation Loraxe, GO HABS!)

PopCultDiva

PopCultDiva

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:09 AM

I attended the TWoPcon the first time around (I couldn't stay, as I had a small child in tow - damn Toronto by-laws) as well as having attended the TARcon at the Duke of York.

I would have loved to come on the 24th (it would have been my kid-free day) but I have a seminar in the 'burbs to attend, so I will be think of you and hoisting a beer in my head at about 2p.m. or so

(Loraxe: As a native-born Montrealaise, please add my Go Habs Go!!)

C.

C.

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 10:29 AM

24th, Bedford if we can get it....

What time?

I'd prefer not to start too late. It takes me forever to get back to Etobicoke by TTC.

Edited by C., Jan 11, 2004 @ 10:30 AM.

secretagentman

secretagentman

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 5:43 PM

1 pm is good on the 24th. Should we maybe rethink the date so everyone can come? Or is Feb 1st not so good? Glark and Wing have date issues? Will there be more than 4 of us?

Glark

Glark

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 6:32 PM

Don't plan around us, we'll be in L.A. both weekends.

C.

C.

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 8:47 PM

Feb 1st is fine by me, too. Not everyone checks this thread. We could advertise on the Meet Markets and see if we can get more people.

Albacore

Albacore

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 12:37 PM

Loraxe! I'm going to that game on the 24th. Go Habs Go!

Are you guys talking Bedford Ballroom or Bedford Academy? I know we had one at the Bedford Academy, on Prince Arthur, in November 2002. Bedford Ballroom is on Bloor, and has a slightly different atmosphere (and less seating, I would say).

C.

C.

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 2:16 PM

I've been talking about the Bedford Ballroom. They do have plenty of room: I went to a Christmas party there for 26 and we had a great time. As well, there was another large party at the same time.

As it turns out, though, I have a major project due at the end of the month, so I can't make it on the 24th.

Loraxe

Loraxe

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 4:26 PM

Cool Albacore maybe I will see you there. I have 15 people with me, sadly some are Leaf Fans.

Yeah guys, don't make the mistake my friend and I made of sitting in two different Bedfords waiting for each other.

wounded

wounded

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 9:08 AM

Oh, how about the week of Feb. 23?! There's no MTL TWoPcon (hmm. Maybe I should start a thread), and I might head over to the Tdot during study break.

cynichic

cynichic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 3:41 PM

Did this happen? Is it over? Love to know about the next one...

yates

yates

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 3:50 PM

Word cynichic. Just as I find out about a TWoPcon in T.O. I'm not sure if it's actually happened? I'm a little more of a lurker than a poster, but would still love to come. There was no mention of any confirmations in the Confirmation thread, so I assume nothing has happened yet? I'll keep on the watch out for posts...

Mrs OldManBalls

Mrs OldManBalls

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 4:10 PM

Can anyone attend? I end up in Toronto from time to time...

Glark

Glark

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 4:43 PM

Nothing happened. People talk about having one but no one steps up to the plate to be the lead organizer so it always fails. :(

yates

yates

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2004 @ 11:13 PM

Glark, Bloor-Ossington is by far the most exclusive area of town. (Well, maybe more Dupont-Ossington, but whatever). Ooooh, how exciting knowing that part of the TWoP machinery takes place close to my own neighbourhood!

Since it appears that the TARcon in T.O. last summer was a success, I think it would be cool to watch another finale or something at Bedford Ballroom(they have TVs, right?) I noticed some talk about Survivor up-thread (a couple of months ago). I'd be in for a finale party! Or are there any other shows that are popular in the T-dot for a TWoPcon? I'm going to check the Survivor Meet-Market for any other locals.

Edited by yates, Mar 1, 2004 @ 12:03 AM.

secretagentman

secretagentman

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2004 @ 9:41 AM

I think there are a number of local " Apprentice" fans as well, maybe that could be our finale-meet-up show?

yates

yates

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 1, 2004 @ 12:02 PM

The Apprentice would definitely work for me. Do you know when the finale is?

secretagentman

secretagentman

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2004 @ 3:39 PM

I'm so sorry I don't know. If it went in order then it would be Thurs. April 1st, but NBC may jerk it around.

PButtercup

PButtercup

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2004 @ 5:12 PM

I am up for a an Apprentice or Survivor finale party. I really enjoyed the TARcon last summer. Let me know if you need any help with organization.

The Magus

The Magus

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2004 @ 7:32 PM

Oo! Oo! I would love to go to a real life Survivor party!

Er...so long as everybody promises not to talk except during commercials...

ETA that this post tipped me over into Couch Potato-dom! 350 posts of questionable value! Yay!

Edited by The Magus, Mar 1, 2004 @ 7:35 PM.

angelnurse

angelnurse

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 3, 2004 @ 8:50 AM

I live in hell....I mean Peterborough, and I would love to make it to a Survivor party. So if one got organized, you could count me in. :)

PButtercup

PButtercup

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2004 @ 11:15 AM

The Apprentice finale is scheduled for Thursday April 15th and Survivor for Sunday May 9th.

Jemjerika

Jemjerika

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 10, 2004 @ 4:01 PM

I'm a fellow Torontonian, and I'd be up for a Survivor party. Imagine meeting the mighty Glark.... I can't - it's too much for me.

Broette

Broette

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2004 @ 11:22 AM

Count me in as another Torontonian who'd love to go to an Apprentice or Survivor party. My mom's an extensive TWOP lurker, and if I go, she'll go, too.

I'm just glad the two finales are after the semester ends, along with my dreaded Thursday evening class that forces me to tape both shows. :(

yates

yates

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 11, 2004 @ 1:36 PM

I guess we should make a decision: The Apprentice or Survivor? It's a tough one. Survivor finales tend to be pretty exciting, but I have certainly enjoyed The Apprentice far more than ASS. Perhaps the date makes more of a difference to people. Would it be better on a Thursday in April or a Sunday in May?

Having briefly thought about it, I think I would prefer Survivor. Simply for the reason that The Apprentice finale falls smack dab in the middle of exam time at U of T. I'm not sure if there are any other UofTers but the Survivor finale fits nicely in with the end of the term!

ETA my preferences about Survivor after thinking about it for 15 minutes.

Edited by yates, Mar 11, 2004 @ 1:47 PM.

PButtercup

PButtercup

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2004 @ 1:55 PM

I would prefer Survivor too, I think. The only thing that might put some people off is that the Survivor finale is on Mother's Day.

Rachel RSL

Rachel RSL

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2004 @ 2:39 PM

Everyone bring their moms!

delta888

delta888

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2004 @ 2:54 PM

Except Jonny Fairplay's mom.

angelnurse

angelnurse

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 13, 2004 @ 11:25 AM

May is better, Survivor is better (at least for me). I tried to get into The Apprentice, but my work conflicted too often.

I think my mom would be happy to be rid of me for Mother's Day. lol

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2004 @ 7:34 PM

Since it is almost patio season, why don't we pick a patio, a date and see what happens with a Toronto Con. I think some of the Bachelor posters will be interested in coming. We all need to drown our sorrows over this Jesse Palmer crapfest.

I propose Wednesday, June 2nd. Anyone?...Nana?

Edited by snarkella, Apr 27, 2004 @ 7:43 PM.