Judge Judy

• Please log in to reply

24881 replies to this topic

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:17 AM

Didn't she also lie and say they broke up over money arguments, and he said it was because her ex(?) attacked him with a lead pipe? Am I correct in that?

I believe that is accurate and that she also claimed he beat on her during the Disney vacation and that she did file a police complaint she didn't bother to bring. This unfortunate turn of events, however, did not stop her from enjoying another full week at the World's Happiest Place.

They were all insane -- including the laughing jackass father of the creepy lawyer.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:20 AM

Not only did she claim he hit her, but also her diabetic son. But of course she forced herself to continue with the vacation, after all it's Disney!!

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

Oh right! I think she said he beat her son unconscious, but that didn't stop her from enjoying her vacation with Howdy. I'm sure the kid was fine after he revived. I had a hard time listening to so much BS being shovelled around.

LLC

LLC

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

Lmao. Revive the kid, put ice on ya face & head off to Space freakin' Mountain.

WhineandCheez

WhineandCheez

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

On the first run episode--"But your honor, I'M A SINGLE MOTHER AND CAN'T AFFORD THE TAXES. MY BROTHER SHOULD PAY THEM!!!" I'm glad JJ yelled "So what. Who cares?" as tho being a single mother instantly confers a protected status on a woman. Her brother shouldn't have to shoulder the tax burden alone....maybe he's SINGLE FATHER????

Because then the divine ray of light and angelic chorus that plays when a litigant says "SINGLE MOTHER" wouldn't be applicable.

Hey, what no love for the MUCH OLDER woman co-signing a car loan for the 23 year old ex BF. HOLEY CRAP, PorkPie Boy from 5 years ago (GreaseballMommy From Hell) has growed up and got hisself a sugarmama. And he still has the pisspot haircut. Got himself some slutty looking yet semi-hot teen girl preggers too. In the Hallterview he’s all “She treated me like my Mother." 'Dumshit, that because you're 23 and she’s in her 40s!!

DoctorK

DoctorK

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:10 PM

Oh boy, Cranky JJ can run through the cases pretty quickly. Three new cases today, two of them notable to me:

Teeth deficient brothers, wife and Mom - the dental images were quite distracting, along with the plaintiff's yellow tinted granny glasses (did JJ ask him for a medical reason for them?). Younger brother was sounding sort of reasonable until we saw the pictures of the way he left the rented house, it was truly terrible. However, JJ only gave the plaintiff $1000 for the week he claimed he spent cleaning up the mess, but never gave him a chance to show property damages. I was waiting for that because, given JJ's obvious distaste for the whole crew, I expected her to review the "after" pictures and then nail the plaintiff (along with his whining shit stirring wife) by asking them to show her pictures of "before" the brother moved in. I feel pretty confident that that would have produced another open mouthed gap toothed blank stare from the plaintiff and more mumbling from his wife. By the way, why did JJ let the wife get away with constantly talking to her plaintiff husband throughout the proceedings? She has thrown people out for less.

The last case, the 16 year old who wrecked a borrowed car and thought that a day of yard work would take care of his responsibility was pretty mundane. What struck me (favorably for once) was that in the hallterviews, nobody bad mouthed anyone, all said kind and reasonable things about their opponents. I smell a rat, nobody on JJ does that.

Edited by DoctorK, Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:11 PM.

pretyonthesofa

pretyonthesofa

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

Hey, what no love for the MUCH OLDER woman co-signing a car loan for the 23 year old ex BF. HOLEY CRAP, PorkPie Boy from 5 years ago (GreaseballMommy From Hell) has growed up and got hisself a sugarmama. And he still has the pisspot haircut. Got himself some slutty looking yet semi-hot teen girl preggers too. In the Hallterview he’s all “She treated me like my Mother." 'Dumshit, that because you're 23 and she’s in her 40s!!

I had to rewind that particular case because I initially thought a mother was suing her son!

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:48 PM

I initially thought a mother was suing her son!

Me too! Then I got that the block-headed baby porker was her BOYFRIEND! But now she's got a M-A-N, not a boy. We thought you liked boys, you foolish bitch.

Teeth deficient brothers, wife and Mom

Scary, mutant, inbred hillbillies DO exist, and not just in the movies. *shudder* I expected the plaintiff to tell his brother to squeal like a pig.

Probably toothless from all that 'shine they drink.

DoctorK

DoctorK

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

Probably toothless from all that 'shine they drink.

I would guess meth.

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 8:39 AM

I would guess meth.

Of course. How silly of me to not remember that home meth labs have long since replaced good ol' stills.
That would certainly explain the dental deficiencies we saw.

pretyonthesofa

pretyonthesofa

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 9:44 AM

That would certainly explain the dental deficiencies we saw.

As well as the mental deficiencies.

I want to say something about JJ's "He's always going to be your brother/mother/sister/etc"... Aint necessarily so and what she doesn't understand is sometimes family members just can't get along. I haven't spoken to anyone in my family for 25 years because they are ALL toxic people...yet that hasn't kept me from getting along with all of my inlaws and maintaining other relationships for 20+ years. Sometimes family doesn't mean squat and I wish JJ would try and understand that.

I'm off to floss my teeth because that episode reinforced the need for good dental hygiene....

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

Sometimes family doesn't mean squat and I wish JJ would try and understand that

I understand her point in that sometimes these family squables seem incredibly petty. I mean, I don't know that I'd cut all ties with a famiy member over a legal case of 500 dollars. On the other hand, the 500 dollar legal fight is usually the peak of a mountain of other issues. Its not *just* about the 500 dollars, its about everything that happened in 1967 during that wedding to that relative who died three years earlier....

config

config

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:25 AM

I'm way behind on my DVR'd copies of the show but did anyone else notice in the case with the guy whose ex paid his fines "because if she pays my fines, I won't have to drive her around anymore" JJ said to him she was tempted to "take that bling" that he was wearing... towards the end of the episode, I didn't see the bling on him anymore. He had chains and a bracelet on. I thought maybe his shirt moved and covered it but I don't think so.

pretyonthesofa

pretyonthesofa

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:34 AM

I didn't see much bling, either and I wonder if she could legally confiscate his jewelry. I have seen her do it in the past, but I wonderred at the legality. Does one have to sign away one's right to own jewelry to appear on the show?

Edited by pretyonthesofa, Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:35 AM.

raid

raid

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:34 PM

Nice little article about Byrd from today's LA Times:

'Byrd' and 'Judge Judy': It's a bond that's secure

Rock42

Rock42

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:49 PM

In today's episode with the assault by shoe at the disco, did the Defendant say that one of her friends who she want to the disco with was named Chlamydia? That can't be right!

Also, dig the chest tattoos on the Defendant and her sister!

Sparger Springs

Sparger Springs

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:36 PM

Can someone tell me what happened in the shoe stabbing at the nightclub case? My DVR cut of the ending.

Rock42

Rock42

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

Can someone tell me what happened in the shoe stabbing at the nightclub case? My DVR cut of the ending.

JJ awarded the Plaintiff $5,000.00 for her medical bills because she figured that she had no reason to sue the Defendant if she wasn't the person who attacked her.

eliza422

eliza422

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:34 AM

I was actually surprised at the verdict. JJ tends to like more solid evidence than what I felt the plaintiff had, and her witness was very squirrelly. I really didn't understand what was going on anyway.

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:08 AM

who she want to the disco with was named Chlamydia?

I'm not sure since the defendants didn't speak very well but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Maybe it was spelled, "Clamideeya" or "Klamidia" or some other variation.

It was funny how the plaintiff's witness was rendered speechless when usually the only way to make witnesses STFU is to throw them out.

wormlegs

wormlegs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

The name sounded like "Clemetria" to me.

pretyonthesofa

pretyonthesofa

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:29 AM

Count me in as somon who was surprisd at the %5,000. judgement. But I've never been able to figure out JJ's line of reasoning. This has NEVER affected my enjoyment of the show, however.

Hey, no love for the jittery dad who was $26,000 behind in his child support and jailed TWICE, whose OWN MOTHER refused to tell him where his children are and who also disinheried him, btw????? I couldn't figure out what his substance of choice was but I was glad when he was thrown out of the court with his tail between his sorry legs.

Edited by pretyonthesofa, Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:52 AM.

Lurkey

Lurkey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:15 AM

From the LA Times article:

"I'm the Robin to her Batman, the Kato to her Green Hornet," proclaimed the 6-foot-4, 240-pound Byrd with typical high spirits.

Holy cow, I had no idea Byrd was such a colossus! How tiny is JJ, by comparison?

And:

One of their first main encounters came when he was imitating her — out of her sight, he thought.

"I had on her robe and her glasses, and I was doing this really good impression of her for these lawyers and clerks and stenographers," Byrd recalled. "Everyone was laughing. Then all eyes shifted to my left and they stopped laughing.... I said. 'I'll just resign. Please don't fire me.' But she was very cool. She had a sense of humor."

Oh my god, I would give just about anything to see this. There's got to be a Judge Judy blooper-reel GOLD MINE out there somewhere, no?

Rock42

Rock42

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

The name sounded like "Clemetria" to me.

It probably was. I was having a difficult time understanding the Defendant, who didn't really enunciate her words.

Sarcastico

Sarcastico

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

Holy cow, I had no idea Byrd was such a colossus!

You can really see how tall he is in side views of the two of them. Although Judy's chair is up on a platform, the tops of their heads are at the same level.

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

I would give just about anything to see this

Me too! Byrd is quite a comedian and does some good impersonations.

How tiny is JJ, by comparison?

I believe she's 5'1".

no love for the jittery dad who was $26,000 behind in his child support

Ugh! Another idiotic, grinning fool who thinks everything he does is just precious. If your own mother can't stand you, you must be doin' somethin' wrong!

Rock42

Rock42

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

Me too! Byrd is quite a comedian and does some good impersonations.

Remember in the tupperware lady case when Byrd did an impression of the Plaintiff?

Anyone catch today's episode? The first case, with the car repo, was pretty standard, but the second case, with the engineer from Minnesota who rents a house to a 19 year-old cage fighter who throws wild parties and carves his name into the woodwork was pretty interesting.

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

The first case, with the car repo, was pretty standard

"We did everything in cash!" Then you get whatever you deserve, honey. Usually, though, doesn't she rule in favor of the person who doesn't have to prove they received cash? I thought it was on Mr. Cash-Only to prove he gave her anything.

robxr4ti

robxr4ti

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 5:39 AM

Anyone catch today's episode? The first case, with the car repo, was pretty standard, but the second case, with the engineer from Minnesota who rents a house to a 19 year-old cage fighter who throws wild parties and carves his name into the woodwork was pretty interesting.

I don't get that she compared handwriting to carvings. Of course it will look different.

CherryRed11

CherryRed11

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 7:31 AM

"We did everything in cash!" Then you get whatever you deserve, honey. Usually, though, doesn't she rule in favor of the person who doesn't have to prove they received cash? I thought it was on Mr. Cash-Only to prove he gave her anything.

This. Of course, I set the DVR and watch every day, but JJ seems to change her reasoning very frequently! She is very inconsistent.

I have come to the conclusion that I'm not as 'smart' as she is....I often do not agree with her snap judgments of the litigants of late.